Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 14th

MAE ALL...

Lav...no worries. I do use salt quite a bit so need to look at that with my healthy eating change. Glad you got your house back lab free. Fun stuff is always good, doesn't feel like work. Supposedly our chinook hits tomorrow and we should go up to 50F. I'll believe it when I see it.

Mick...glad you got a few trinkets after braving the cold yesterday. Was expecting Monday to be quiet but it was not to be. Building super had his laptop stolen over the weekend so was busy changing passwords and setting him up with a spare. Alarm going off for a ground fault error on our fire panel was like Chinese torture. Techs finally found out the batteries needed changing. Canada post increased their rates today and spent the remainder of the morning trying to download the update to our stamp machine. Couldn't get it and when I finally got through to tech support there was a canned message...system wide failure, try again in a couple of hours. Still no stamp machine. Got home, got dinner sorted and I know that when I curl up to read my book won't be giving me any grief.

Pauly...what a mess. That's got to be hard on Kell and now you're back to wait mode. Hope you made it through the day ok.

Lav...bummer! Sounds like it's hit just about all of us here. Take care of yourself and hope you get over it soon.

TT...it's hard at that age to know what you want to do with your life. And then yup all the usual questions. I'm glad she has you to talk to. The good thing about the Hawaii scare is it's forced people to put a plan together in case the real thing happens. I don't know what I'd do. I don't even have a plan if the fire alarm goes off.

Det...Darma Sang meditation, I'll be looking that up. You sound so much better and getting out on those morning hikes had probably made a huge difference. Good plan on getting that dental work dealt with.

Well tomorrow can't be any worse than today. I'll just take it as it comes. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Feel better Pie TT,going through the exact thing with poor Brady,he's nearly 20 also and feeling the pressure to "get on with his life" I know it'll come to him when he's good and ready and I wish peeps would back off a bit and let him make his own choices,,we all had to,Kell's doctor called her this morning wondering where she was so they scheduled her for tonight at 10, I'm planning on getting as much sleep as I can after last night and I'll keep you all posted,much love to all my friends here
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...wow what a screw up. I have learned that you have to be your own health care advocate. After many "mix ups" I now care copies of everything, lab work, referrals, etc. I also always confirm any appointment the day of! At least you don't have to wait until Wednesday! Keep us posted.

Comment

afternoon all....how are we then? yep not a morning job today...Julies car wouldnt start ..so thechauffeur had to take her to work ,and then fix her car...and yes its snowing!!! Iam bloody freezing!Perks of not working..
          so lets have a well needed brew ....

hia pauly ..wow what a fiasco...do you want me to send Amy over ..she is a senior midwifenow ...Im sure shewould love to see how it all works in the yoo ess of ay...best of luck x

wow Ppqp...sounds like you had a mad day too!!!are things all sorted now?what are you doing sending us snow ?

hiya Lav ..the soup would be appreciated ...even now!!!tradeyou for a brew ..also found out that the rabbit hutch roof is leaking so its going to be a re-roof. Scout troop is that what girls have? its guides and brownies over here.

hiya det ...nope no treasure ,how did your meditation class go?hope it was ok mate..

hiya pie ,how are you today then?flu any better ..hope so ..hopeits not the one that lingers for ages.

hiya tt..how are you ?thatwas some fiasco in hawaii so you had a mum daughter chat..Amy and Julie do that quite a lot...whilst shopping!!

right folks got to get some messages done before this weathergets really bad put some jokes up after
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Get well soon PI!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hidy ho ABer-critters!

Pauly, I sure hope the sleep fairy did you a solid.

Mick, glad you found some bounty...any pics? no rush as you sound busy as ever.

Pie, the flue? it's really hitting hard all over the place here too.

The Dharma Sangha meditation class was great and i fell all Zenned-up
              One of the instructors brought a fascinating percussion instrument that I got to goof around
              with briefly. It's called a hang pan or hang drum, or UFO drum or even tank drum.
              Sam, think you may dig this too.

Here's a guy that's really good:

YouTube

PPQ, what a day...wishing you tranquillity today and onward.

Hike? yepper...got another one this morning. Managed to sleep halfway well but still get the occasional
              night sweats which is annoying but not a biggie.

then.. back to dentist for cleaning. yesterday ended up being fillings. Then tonight my therapy class.

my full-time job in the meantime is selling off my crap I've accumulated over the years. It's somewhat cathartic at least.

back later loves
              Last edited by Determinator; January 16, 2018, 09:10 AM.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

yo sam ..hows you ?

An Engineer, a Psychologist, and a Theologian
                An engineer, a psychologist, and a theologian were hunting in the wilderness of northern Canada. Suddenly, the temperature dropped and a furious snowstorm was upon them.

They came across an isolated cabin, far removed from any town. The hunters had heard that the locals in the area were quite hospitable, so they knocked on the door to ask permission to rest. No one answered their knocks, but they discovered the cabin was unlocked and they entered.

It was a simple place -- two rooms with a minimum of furniture and household equipment. Nothing was unusual about the cabin except the stove. It was large, pot-bellied, and made of cast-iron. What was strange about it was its location: it was suspended in midair by wires attached to the ceiling beams.

"Fascinating," said the psychologist. "It is obvious that this lonely trapper, isolated from humanity, has elevated this stove so that he can curl up under it and vicariously experience a return to the womb."

"Nonsense!" replied the engineer. "The man is practicing the laws of thermodynamics. By elevating his stove, he has discovered a way to distribute heat more evenly throughout the cabin."

"With all due respect," interrupted the theologian, "I'm sure that hanging his stove from the ceiling has religious meaning. Fire LIFTED UP has been a religious symbol for centuries."

The three debated the point for several hours without resolving the issue. When the trapper finally returned, they immediately asked him why he had hung his heavy pot-bellied stove from the ceiling.

His answer was succinct. "Had plenty of wire, not much stove pipe."

Wal-mart Interview

Jennifer a manager at Wal-Mart had the task of hiring someone to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of resumes she found four people who were equally qualified. Jennifer decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which of them would get the job.

The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, Jennifer asked, 'What is the fastest thing you know of?'

The first man replied, 'A THOUGHT.' It just pops into your head. There's no warning.

'That's very good!' replied Jennifer. 'And, now you sir?', she asked the second man.

'Hmmm.... let me see 'A blink! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened. A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of.'

'Excellent!' said Jennifer. 'The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliche for speed.' She then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply.

'Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light on the barn comes on in less than an instant. 'Yip, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of'.

Jennifer was very impressed with the third answer and thought she had found her man. 'It 's hard to beat the speed of light,' she said.

Turning to BUBBA, the fourth and final man, Jennifer posed the same question.

Old Bubba replied, 'After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the fastest thing known is DIARRHEA.'

'WHAT!?' said Jennifer, stunned by the response.

'Oh sure', said BUBBA. 'You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom, but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, I had already shit my pants.'

BUBBA is now the new greeter at a Wal-Mart near you!

You probably will think of this every time you enter a Wal-Mart from now on!

A Queensland farmer got in his ute and drove to a neighbouring farm and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy, about nine, opened the door.

"Is your Dad home"? the farmer asked.

"Sorry mate, he isn't" the boy replied. "He went into town."

"Well," said the farmer, "Is your mum here"?

"No, sir, she's not here either. She went into town with Dad."

"How about your brother, Greg? Is he here"?

"He went with Mum and Dad.."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do for ya"? the boy asked politely. "I know where all the tools are if you want to borrow one. Or maybe, I could take a message for Dad."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad. It's about your brother Greg getting my daughter pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment.

"You'd have to talk to Dad about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Dad charges $200 for the bull and $150 for the pig, but I really don't know how much he gets for Greg."
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

TT 30 deg C. is about 90 deg. for us.

Mick, glad you found something. It's always exciting to hear about.

Det, I was reading about a titan of industry billionaire yesterday, and he has been meditating for about 50 yrs! A success story in $$$ but the best successes are with the mind. I can appreciate your wanting to move you are a nature loving, spiritual being as am I and I don't get anything here like that but did in WA. Reno isn't good enough for you! You are taking your Vit D, right and calcium to absorb it.

Pie, that totally sucks that you have the flu, because it seems to be a bad strain that the vaccine isn't effective. I looked at a map yesterday of flu victims and it was all colored in except for HI and AK.

Later.

I couldn't get on here yesterday, anybody else have that problem?
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greeting Abbers,

We had a tiny bit of snow overnight but it all melted away to make room for tonight’s snow I guess, ha ha!

Mick, hoped you have warmed up nicely
                    I’m always glad to have leftover soup in the fridge, just in case.
                    I’m meeting the grandsons at their bustop tomorrow & bringing them here for a while. I’ll have to put on a kiddie meal for them I guess.

Det, glad things went well for you! Keep smiling & keep moving forward!

Sam, are you better yet?

Pie, are you any better?

Pauly, I’m glad someone finally got the ball rolling for you guys. Wishing you all the best

PQ, it’s impossible to eat salt free but we can greatly reduce our intake. If I buy broth or canned tomatoes or similar thing I get the No Salt added varities. And I automatically reduce or eliminate the added salt when following a recipe. I add lots of other flavors & herbs so no one misses the extra salt. Not everyone is as salt sensitive as I am but we all do need to be careful.
                    Enjoy your balmy weather while you have it

Hello to TT, SK & everyone. Have a peaceful night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,little Romeo was born this afternoon!!7 lbs 5 oz he's so perfect! Im bloody exhorsted mentally and physically,,,(feels like I gave birth haha) see you all tomorrow

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        Mae everybody,little Romeo was born this afternoon!!7 lbs 5 oz he's so perfect! Im bloody exhorsted mentally and physically,,,(feels like I gave birth haha) see you all tomorrow
                        :yay: :yay: CONGRATULATIONS :yay: :yay:
                        Last edited by porqoui; January 16, 2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL....is it only Tuesday!

Pauly...great news! Love the name. Will look for more news tomorrow.

Lav...I have been known to purchase No Salt food but I refuse to cook my potatoes without it! LOL We did have a nice day today but I do believe we deserved it.

Det...sounds like your sleep is improving and you'll soon be over the odd sweats. I think it's great that you're hiking every morning.

SK...thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the calcium.

Pi...you feeling any better?

TT...I hope you're enjoying your weather.

Mick...yup, things are sorted now but it took most of the day. Sorry about sending the snow your way but you got to agree we were ready for a break. It's a good thing you're retired as Julie's predicament could have cost mega $$$.

Well, I'm exhausted, not as much as Pauly probably but need to fix dinner and relax. Lav...I'm having a kiddie dinner, Mac & Cheese and Hot Dogs. LOL
                          Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all
                            well that is great news Pauly!!! have a seeeegar on me!

woke to a little dusting of snow this AM, hope that's going to be the extent of it. Went back to work yesterday, whew,lot of catch up.

Mick,back still talks to me but much better than last week! Been a long time since I had to go to a doctor. I try all the other things as I don't like the antibiotics/steroids/painkiller route, but there comes a time.... last time I did antibiotics I caught everything under the sun. thanks for axing.

Lav and PQ, ever notice when you buy something that is free of an ingredient, it costs more cause they put in less? whats up with that?

big hello to you Det, SK, Pi, you better?, TT
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,wow I beat Mick haha PQ,that's my kind of dinner! Oh my gosh yesterday I was sooooo tired,Kell had gone into the hospital the night before so I was up at 12:30 to check on her progress,then at 2,then got up at 4 and got ready just in case,she then told me she was having slow progress so I tried to nap but couldn't and by the time we got to the hospital in the afternoon I was so jittery from lack of sleep it was unreal,he's gorgeous though and so aware all looking around,Kell did beautifully and is recovering great I was gonna take today off work but I figured they'll be home this afternoon anyways and LB is doing a good job watching Lou so I may as well go make some money,I wanna pick Kell up some balloons anyways and the party store is right by work,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Wednesday

Comment

X-post Sam,I'm with you on trying to avoid any antibiotics,pain stuff,etc,glad your back is a bit better and thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X