Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 14th

Happy Wed ABanoodlers!

Pauly! how lovely to hear tonight you can get some proper rest even.

salt? for most people not an issue, but if you have sodium-induced hypertension then you have to be smart for sure.
    potatoes without salt I doubt I could do.

SK, yep I'm getting my vit's pretty regularly and catching some sun when I can. I agree... Reno is such an uncultured city...and a tad boring
    if you don't gamble.

Sam, good you're enduring physical challenges in stride.

Lav, you unflappable socialite! I'm learning the ways of being social all of a sudden... after years of being in my depressed hole.

had a good therapy session last night and took the day off from hiking to sell some of my crapola.

I have developed some serious concerns about going back to Hawaii. It's the house where Dx and i first fell in love and the memories coming
    back just from memory are making my tear-up as I type this. sigh.... I'm very worried about this as my poor heart is already hurting so
    much as it has since divorce. oh man. water works...

pulling myself together here. well, better discuss this with therapist. Sorry to be blue. i'll figure out a way through this.

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya peeps....firstly congrats to you pauly, glamorous gran!:welldone: secondly I am freezing just dug julies car out of the snow..that her going to work now..it pelted down last night ..supposed to be more on the way..because we are on a doble sort of hill .it gets left ,by the plough and gritters ..the fact that it also runs on to a main road makes it interesting..skiddy skiddy...

anyways a quick brew then a need to clear a path to the rabbits too..they had 2 hot water bottles last night and a ton of hay!

it never posted!!!!!thats why you beat me pauly!!! this is part of it ..it hasnt copied properly
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Det,I lived in Carson but drove to Sparks for work everyday,,Reno is gross to me,I like UNR,the Truckee river running through town but everything else is grubby and filthy looking to me yuck,love Tahoe and Carson tho
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cold with a touch of snow here today - about 1 1/4 ", just enough to be a pain. It's icing over tonight, glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Pauly, give the baby a big kiss from all of his virtual grandmas

Det, if you like socializing with messy, noisy little creatures......
          Actually my grandsons visit was cancelled last minute, the schools were closed today.
          I imagine it would be hard going back to HI with those memories still there. Is there any possibility of bunking up in a different spot for a while? I know how expensive real estate is over there. I have two friends who have sons stationed there, one bought a home for some pretty big $$ last year. Hopefully you can talk it thru with your therapist & see things in a different light. We're here for you, you know that

Mick, my yard now looks just like yours with the snow. My chickens didn't even attempt to set foot outside today. They think snow is yucky, haha!
          I hope you all stay thawed out!

Sam, glad to hear you are feeling more human. Take it easy on the back now.

Hello to TT, SK & anyone I may have missed.
          Have a nice night one & all.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...glad to hear the back is feeling better. I agree, all the so called "good for you" food is so much more expensive.

Pauly...hope you survived work, you've got to be one tired puppy. Hope you get some much needed rest tonight. I've read a lot of books based on Tahoe and I think it sounds lovely.

Det...that sure is a tough one and I think talking to your therapist is an excellent idea. I've been through one of those break ups way back in the day and it was horrible. Keep active and keep your Vit D up.

Mick...I feel your pain. Thankfully I can park in a parking lot and avoid the buildup left over by the plows. We're supposed to be getting back to normal temps next week so hopefully the snow will stay here.

Lav...just refreshed the page to see if I'd missed you and yup you got in ahead of me. Sorry you missed out on the grandkids today but at least you don't have to deal with them in the ice tomorrow.

It was a fairly normal day today, thank God! I've decided I'm winning the Lottery tonight that's the only way I'm going to balance my budget.
            Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all....how are we ..in this modern age..listen to him!I find it easier to swype a conversation now than to type it ..I am on the laptop and spend forever correcting errors and yet I can swype it straight off my brain to hand co-ordination isnt what it used to be...well the snow has all gone...we are now in the middle of storm Finn..literally wreaking havoc...havent checked but heard things blowing all over the place....
              so lets have a brew..

hiya ppqp ..how are you today then?well................................did you win the lottery cant hear a lot of shouting going on...!!

hiya Lav how are you then?we have no snow just bad bad weather...the rabbitz are like your chickens ...I need to get them wellies!!!they wouldnt come out or if they do there is such a palaver over wet feet!!lets have a brew...Valentines day coming up next month ..get those hearts churned out!!!kerching!!

hiya glam gran ...hows you today then?hope all is well with you n yours xxx

hiya det...how are you mate?hopefully a little better today...like everyone else ,I dont reckon HI is a good idea at alll...I doubt tbh whether you could cope with it..bottom line is why put yourself thru it ...you are clearly still hurting ..I think the HI is a rebound job for something that you want to mould ..but isnt there ..As you know I am a writer down of things ...so try that ..what you have got what you owe what job /prospects you have , ties to anywhere what you want to do,cost of living in places ...the whole ish...then work to those parameters...yes there will be tears ,yes you will go off on one ..get upset etc...just remember these 2 things..
              this isnt a rehearsal ..every day has to be accounted for...and at the end ..if only doesnt cut buddy..secondly ..remember this you are trying to get out of this lot ...so what got you into it ?exactly ..the falling down juice ..so leave it ..you are doing ace so dont lose that grip.!!

hia pie hows the flu? hope you are getting better ..

likewise sam and mrs sam ...hope things are ok

our Amy got a letter from her boss in the hospital... as she is leaving and moving to a new hosp as a senior midwife ...She has been at Doncaster 3 years..

Dear Amanda,
              i would like to express my thanks and appreciation for the hard work and devotion you have put in this last 15 years ....bla blah ..I wish you and your husband a long and happy retirement

to say she is pissed off is an understatement!!!

right folks time to go.wishing you all the best ...chin up det

I used to work in a library but had to finish up when things got too quiet.

If anyone pinches the ladders outside my house.
              Steps will be taken !

'I've just quilted a replica attack helicopter from scraps of fabric.'
              'What model is it?'
              'a patchy'

So my best friend died during a tennis match...............he had a great service.

"You've been a bad boy" she said, "I'm gonna take you places you've never been before, and give you the ride of your life" it's at this point I began to question the validitiy of my new satnav.

Inside every Russian doll there’s a Russian doll screaming to get out.

How do you catch an elephant?

Dig a huge hole, fill it up with ashes. Place peas all around the outside edge of the hole. Hide nearby.

When an elephant comes up to take a pea, kick him in the ash hole.

A man walks into a grocers.
              "Do you sell potato clocks? I'm always late for work."
              "Sorry sir, we've never heard of those."
              "Well, my wife said I'd get to work by nine if I got a potato clock."

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?
              A. To get to the idiot's house.
              "Knock knock"
              Who's there?
              "The chicken"

Two idiots sat on the ground. One fell off.

If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there’s no hope for you. I was crying by the end. This is an actual account as relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in New Mexico.

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better.

For those of you who have lived in New Mexico, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the Santa Fe Plaza. Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chile taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank:“Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off… The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge’s table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native New Mexicans) that the chili wouldn’t be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge #3.”

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI #1 – MIKE’S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge #1 — A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge #2 — Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge #3 (Frank) — Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that’s the worst one. These New Mexicans are crazy.

CHILI #2 – EL RANCHO’S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge #1 — Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge #2 — Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge #3 — Keep this out of the reach of children. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI #3 – ALFREDO’S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge #1 — Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.

Judge #2 — A bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge #3 — Call the EPA. I’ve located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I’m getting sh*t-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI #4 – BUBBA’S BLACK MAGIC

Judge #1 — Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge #2 — Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.

Judge #3 — I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. Woman is starting to look HOT…. Just like this nuclear waste I’m eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI #5 – LISA’S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge #1 — Meaty, strong chili. Jalapeno peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge #2 — Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the jalapeno peppers make a strong statement.

Judge #3 — My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I’m burning my lips off… It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI #6 – VARGA’S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge #1 — Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.

Judge #2 — The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb.

Judge #3 — My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted and I’m worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can’t feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI #7 – SUSAN’S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge #1 — A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers…

Judge #2 — Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

Judge #3 — You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin and I wouldn’t feel a thing. I’ve lost sight in one eye and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they’ll know what killed me… I’ve decided to stop breathing. It’s too painful. Screw it; I’m not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I’ll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI #8 – BIG TOM’S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge #1 — The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold, but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge #2 — This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he’s going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he’d have reacted to really hot chili?

Judge #3 — No report.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,congratulations to Amy Mick I laughed at had to wipe his butt with a snow cone haha,my sleep has been so disrupted I just don't know what's going on,it's gotta end though cuz it's driving me crazy! I could see anticipating the baby but maybe I made too much of a habit during that time so now I'm still in the habit of waking up at weird times,maybe I'm also just over thinking it,meh,much love to all and wishes for an easy AF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...no hoorah have to sharpen my pencil and rework my numbers. Yet another storm! Hope there's not too much destruction in the garden.

Pauly...it takes awhile to get your sleep patterns rewired. You'll get there.

Hoping today is a quiet productive one.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi folks. Congratulations Pauly - how lovely that after all the hiccups that it went well. Enjoy the new baby and I hope you get some rest.
                    Another storm Mick - sorry its still warm as here!
                    Det - like the others I would say be cautious about a move to Hawaii. Do you really want to move from where you are - or is it a case of having to?
                    Lav - I will pass on the childcare. Thanks for the offer! Maybe PQ can do this.
                    Sam - hope you are on the mend.

Well its been quite the week for me. My daughter moved into her flat - so it feels strange not having her here. She isn't far away but I dont want to intrude and anyway, I have caught Pie's flu (or was it someone else's?). Flu, cough and sneezes - lots of aches and pains - and very little sleep. I am still crook but hopefully on the mend. Anyway all I can do is look at the view - not going anywhere. I hate being sick!! And dont have time for this nonsense with my writing.

Hello to anyone else - hope you guys get a break in the weather soon.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Looks like retired nurse Lav has some work to do around here, ha ha!

TT, I sure hope you feel better soon. I don't like being sick either. I am not a 'good patient'.

Pie, how are you getting along? Hope you are better by now.

Mick, my chickens refused to come out of their house today. I thought they just didn't want to walk on the snow. Turns out they made a good decision because we spotted a fox standing on that same wood pile right next to the chicken house
                      Glad to hear Amy is doing well in her profession, that's awesome!

PQ, we are expecting above freezing temps for the next 7-10 days, Don't be jealous, LOL

Det, how was your day? Any new pics lately?

Pauly, my sleep is still messed up so you are not alone. I try everything but sometimes I think we just need to wait it out. I really don't think this insomnia has anything to do with caffeine intake, lack of exercise & all the other things you read. At least it's a chance to catch up on some reading, haha!

Wishing everyone a restful (as possible) night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TT, so sorry to hear you've caught the crud! Pretty sure that the worst for me is behind, but this past week reminded me how humbling it is to be sick. Also humbling has been the past few days/nights of freezing temps. There's actually still ice lingering on my patio, where the only thing that hasn't turned brown is the artificial grass.

Waves to Mick, Pauly, Sam, Lav, PQ, Det, etal. I need to read back and catch up.

Comment

Hidy Ho ABeroooskies!

Started the day with another glorious hike no pics though... been overcast and soooper windy. Spose to be snow tomorrow.

TTops, rest/heal up for sure. Move to HI is based on a number of things that are making sense. Just have the emotional challenge to figure out.

Pie, good to see you. Defrosting soon I hope.

Lav, smart chickens afterall... love to get a photo of a fox, they are cute little predators.

Episode 2b: Gut Brain Connection: Getting to The Root of a Broken Brain [YouTube] | Broken Brain

watching health videos from the link above... great stuff. New neurological info on the gut biome/brain connection on this particular
                          video...lots more videos from them over the following week or so, and it's free. yeee har!

went to another SMART meeting tonight with one of the guys from Sobercats and it was fantastic.

had my 2nd dentist visit today (2+ hours on the chair) and I'm a tad sore....but ok.

that's it for now cats and kitties. Gnight loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all hows things today ..poets day...no snow here just rain,surprise surprise.Had to get a locksmith yesterday to fix the conservatory door .. someĀ£163 later it was fixed...so asthe weekend approaches we doing anything?think Im out detecting on Sunday nor sure what the weather brings.
                            ok brew time

hiya det how are you today then? you sound upbeat ...what are you up to the weekend?Im still not convinced HI would be a good move but if you think you can take it on then go for it ...Have a great weekend mate.

hiya pie,glad you seem to be getting over the lurgy..dont want to be a party pooper...but Ihad it 3 times..might be because Im Scottish and didnt wamt to part with it! how are the k9 krew ...?

hia Lav ...wow smart chickens!!good move ...Are yours red or are they that horrible greyish brown? I watch every morning before I even think of letting the rabbitz out ..I see him on his run across the fields..here you go brew time ..my bougainvillea has started sprouting like mad I ve also got a housefl of hyancinths ..they smell lovely.hope your day is good

hiya pauly ,how are you then?hows baby ..all well ..did you sleep any better?

hiya ppqp ...not too much damage with the storm though it has given me some work to do......so you never got the biggie on the lottery ? oh dear...keep trying ....what are you up to the weekend

hiya tt ...or gidday ..sorry to hear you are still crook .... your daughter may have moved out ,but rest assured you will still see her.....!!anything from washing to food to make up borrowing...fom julie that is!!

are you writing or writing travelling?

hiya sam how are you today? all good in Virginny?

right peeps its time to go ..so I bid you a fond adieu.....

An Asian man walked into the currency exchange in New York with 2000 yen and walked out with $72.

The following week, he walked in with 2000 yen and was handed $66.

He asked the teller why he got less money than he had got the previous week.

The lady answered, "Fluctuations"

The Asian man stormed out, and just before slamming the door, he turned around and shouted, "Fluc you Amelicans too!"

After his exam the doctor said to the elderly man, "You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?"

"In fact, I do," said the old man. "After I have sex I am usually hot and sweaty, and then, after I have sex with her the second time, I am usually cold and chilly."

After examining his elderly wife, the doctor said, "Everything appears to be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?"

The lady replied that she had no questions or concerns. The doctor then said to her: "Your husband had an unusual concern." He claims that he is usually hot and sweaty after having sex with you the first time, and then cold and chilly after the second time. Do you know why?"

"Oh that crazy old jerk," she replied. "That's because the first time is usually in August and the second time is in January."

A man had just finished a putt and reached in the hole to get his ball, but pulled out a leprechaun!

"Sure, and ye have me," cried the leprechaun, and if ye let me go, for yer tribble, I'll give ye three wishes!"

"Thank you," said the man. "I don't really need anything, so I'll pass on the wishes." He let the leprechaun go, and went off to finish his game.

The leprechaun was dumbfounded. Who had ever heard of such a thing? He sat on a pebble and thought to himself "Such a man as that deserves three wishes!" I'll give 'em to 'im in spite of 'imself! Now what!!! Why money,of course! Everyone wants money. So, for his first wish he wants to be a Millionaire! And second-let's make him a great golfer! And last-ah! Let him have a wonderful sex life.

A month went by and the leprechaun spotted the man playing on the course again. He jumped out of a hole and yelled up to the man: "How ye be doing?"

The man smiled and said: "Hello, little friend. I be doing just fine."

The leprechaun smiled back and said: "And how's yer money situation, if ye don't mind my askin'?"

"It's funny you should ask," replied the man.

"An uncle of mine passed away and left me a fortune!"

"Hah! Is that so? And how's ya golf game now?"

"It's an amazing thing," said the man. "For the past few weeks I can't do worse than two under par!"

"Sure, and that's wonderful!" With a sly look, the leprechaun asked: "And how's yer sex life?"

The man, obviously embarrassed, looked away and coughed, "Well, it's fine. Two or three times a month. "The leprechaun was aghast.

"Two or three times a month? That's horrible!" The man looked up and said, "Actually, it's not bad for a priest in a small parish."

Actual Employee Evaluations
                            The following was taken from actual employee evaluations:

1. Since my last report, this employee has reached rock bottom and shows signs of starting to dig.

2. His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.

3. I would not allow this man to breed.

4. This associate is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won't be.

5. Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.

6. When he opens his mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.

7. He would be out of his depth in a parking lot puddle.

8. This man has delusions of adequacy.

9. He sets low personal standards and the consistently fails to achieve them.

10. This employee should go far -- the sooner he starts, the better.

11. This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

12. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

13. Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't looking.

14. A room temperature I.Q.

15. Got a full six-pack, but is missing the plastic thingy that holds it together.

16. A gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus.

17. A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on.

18. A prime candidate for natural deselection.

19. Bright as Alaska in December.

20. One-celled organisms outscore him in I.Q. tests.

21. Donated his brain to science before he was quite finished using it.

22. Fell out of his family tree.

23. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the trains isn't coming.

24. This man has two brains; one is lost and the other is out looking for it.

25. He's so dense,light bends around him.

26. If brains were taxed, he would get a rebate.

27. Any dumber and he would have to be watered twice a week.

28. If you gave him a penny for his thoughts, you would get change back.

29. If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.

30. It's hard to believe that he beat out 1,000,000 other sperm.

31. One neuron short of a synapse.

32. Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, he gargled.

33. Was left on the Tilt-A-Whirl a bit too long as a baby.

34. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

The head waiter of a five-star, elegant restaurant recoiled in disgust as a man in ragged, frayed and torn shorts, dirty t-shirt, worn sandals, long stringy dirty hair and a beard with flecks of long-ago food marched right towards him. The man said, "Yo,bucko, where's your crapper?"

The head waiter calmly replied, "Go down the hall and turn left. When you see the sign marked 'Gentlemen', pay absolutely no attention to it and go right inside."

The budding actor's agent finally gets him a part. It is only one line, 'Hark I hear a cannon!', but it's the part that could launch his career.

He practices the line over and over again for days before the performance. He can't mess this up - his career could depend on this. He tells his parents and all his friends he has a part in a brand new production and gets them all to come to the opening night.

Finally the day arrives. He arrives at the theater and the security guard at the actors' entrance asks who he is. He boasts proudly "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'". To everyone who asks, he grins and says "I'm the guy who says 'Hark, I head a cannon!'" - the makeup crew, the electricians, the set designers, the costume designers, everyone - "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'".

The call comes to him to go stage-side and wait for his cue. He stands there repeating his one line over and over again, 'Hark, I hear a cannon!'.

Eventually he gets his cue to go on stage.

Suddenly he hears a loud BANG.

"What the fuck was that?!"

Comment

morning all
                              looks like a nice day in the making. Thanks for the brew this morning, Mick. Enjoyed the doctor joke and the leprechaun!

well this winter and illness this winter and yes, getting a little older has made me realize I'm going o have to have another heat source here. Thank goodness my family was around or else no one could get wood into the house and stoke the stove. So now I gotta figure a back up plan for heat. And it all sounds expensive.

hope everyone enjoys their Friday! off to do the do.
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,love the jokes Mick,yesterday an Asian guy asked for the restroom at work before I cut his hair and I thought of you cuz of those jokes Sam,you sound much much better Det,it's about survival my friend,if you can't find work in Reno then you'll hafta leave out of necessity,just make sure you have internet wherever you end up,we can't lose you,supposed to be cold and rainy all weekend boo! Now that Christmas is over,the baby's here I'm ready for summer to start haha,much love to all my friends,wishes for a happy AF Friday,,,feel better TT

Comment

Working...
                                X