Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 18th

Happy flood day ABerooodles!

oh my... endless rain which is weird for here. it's washing the snow down from the mountains so we are on flashflood watch.

made my own variation of 'shakshuka' for brekkie, which is an old Palestinian dish of eggs and tomato sauce.

Lav, maybe i'll just superglue the gloves to my hands... that should hold it.

PPQ, I'm convinced computers are 70% technology and 30% voodoo!

well I spose this is a fine day to stay in and catch a movie... now to decide....

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thought maybe Julie just wanted you out of the house for awhile. LOL I'm am impressed that you asked someone I know a lot of men who wouldn't. LOL Where did you buy the plants? Were you carrying them on your train adventure? Are you keeping them indoors or is the greenhouse ready? I can't even think about plants with these 3 foot snowbanks everywhere. Supposed to snow tonight but I don't think it'll amount to much.

Pauly...I had a little more energy today and no IT issues until I tried to print from our accounting software. Decided that's an issue for another day so left early. LOL Picked up a couple of rotisserie chickens for dinner and planning on making a big pot of chicken soup to just leave simmering on the stove all weekend. Used to do that with hamburger soup, leaving it simmering all day while we played cards and basically did nothing else. Just so you know the Canadian term is douchebag. LOL

Det...are you located in a safe area in case there is a flash flood? Don't know if I could do eggs and tomato sauce. Wasn't there a hangover recipe made with raw eggs and tomato juice? At least you don't have to go there anymore. I think the string would be safer than super glue, you know me and super glue. I think computers are more like 20% technology, 30% voodoo and 50% job security. Hope you found a good movie to watch. Tonight is Season Finales for a lot of the shows I watch. Got hooked on a new one this season called 9-1-1.

Lav...so what did you end up getting snow wise? Temps are going to be cooler this weekend but heading up next week. This may be another Fake Spring though because we've been known to get a major snowstorm on the May long weekend.

Off to try improve my culinary talents. Anyone have any suggestion on what to put in my chicken soup please share....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

PQ, we ended up with less than a foot, thank goodness. It warmed up to 40 something today & the sun melted about half so I’m happy.
        Chicken soup add-ins for me would be onion, celery, carrots, garlic sauteed a bit first then sfter it has simmered for a while drop in some noodles or rice. I don’t use a lot of salt so I flavor it with thyme or dill, that sort of thing. I hope you don’t get anymore snow, geez.

Pauly, the bf does sound like a douchebag but it’s up to your daughter to decide what she wants. I would be hovering in the background telling her she deserves so much more.......

Det, first snow then rain, ugh! Seems like an insult or something.
        So we have given you several suggestions about your gloves, please don’t super glue them, LOL

Mick, you had yourself a fun time today, ha ha!
        The important thing is you found your way home, eventually!

Has a short visit from the grandsons this afternoon so they could try to do a little sledding on our tiny hill out back. It was mostly a disaster, ha ha.
        Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all... the fun continues ...I spilled a half pint mug of coffeee on the carpet...thankfully ,I have a carpet cleaner ,so that has helped...then after that I smacked my head...thankfully I havent got my car today!So how are we doing then ? better n me I hope!!right lets have a brew shall we.
          hiya Lav ...so how was the sledging a failure?not enough snow.....couple of weeks and I can send you some over !!!Just in time for Easter..yes I got home eventually....you done anymore butterflies?

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then? hows the weather doing ? Plants I got are in the garage ....even with the heater in the greenhouse its a bit too cold!!no I didnt carry them on the train...re the chicken soup chop some leeks and put them in it ...dont let them mush tho..it gives you that crunchy tang when you bite into them ...

hiya Det ...flood alert now ..? wow ...hows you then ..hope you are getting there.nah I wouldn supaglue the gloves on ..use the string thru the sleeves!!

hiya pauly hows you then today? you good ..? still staying out of the road re the boyfriend?

hi everyone else ...wherever you are..

A small company was on the edge of bankruptcy. The owner summoned his two-man sales force into his office.

"Things aren't going too well, guys," he announced grimly.
          "So to perk up sales I'm announcing a contest. The guy with the most sales gets a blow job."

"What does the loser get?" asked one of the salesmen.

The owner looked at both men and said, "The loser gets to give it."

During a good manners and etiquette class, the teacher says to her students, "If you were courting a well educated young girl from a prominent family, and during a dinner for two you needed to go to the toilet, what would you say to her?"

Mike replies, "Wait a minute, I'm going to take a piss."

The teacher says, "That would be very rude and improper on your part."

Johnny replied, "Sorry, but I need to go to the toilet. I'll be back in a minute."

The teacher says, "That's much better but to mention the word 'toilet' during a meal, is unpleasant."

So Charlie says, "My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend whom I hope to be able to introduce you to after dinner."

The teacher passed out.

Farmer Joe decided his injuries from the accident were serious enough to take the trucking company responsible for the accident to court. In court the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning farmer Joe.

"Didn't you say at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine,"' asked the lawyer.

Farmer Joe responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie into the..."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just answer the question. Did you not say at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'."

Farmer Joe said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road..."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the highway patrolman on the scene that he was fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time the judge was fairly interested in Farmer Joe's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say."

Joe thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well, as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ol' Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a highway patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her.

After he looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at me." He said, "Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her. How are you feeling?

A college class was told they had to write a short story in as few words as possible. The instructions were that the short story had to contain the following three things:

(1) Religion
          (2) Sexuality
          (3) Mystery

Below is the only A+ paper in the class.

"Good God, I'm pregnant, I wonder who the father is."

Things that Are Difficult to Say when You're Drunk:

a) Innovative
          b) Preliminary
          c) Proliferation
          d) Cinnamon

Things that are VERY difficult to say when you're drunk:

a) Specificity
          b) British Constitution
          c) Passive-aggressive disorder
          d) Transubstantiate

Things that are ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to say when you're drunk:

a) Thanks, but I don't want to sleep with you.
          b) Nope, no more booze for me.
          c) Sorry, but you're not really my type.
          d) No kebab for me, thank you.
          e) Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight?
          f) I'm not interested in fighting you.
          g) Oh, I just couldn't - no one wants to hear me sing.
          h) Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no co-ordination. I'd hate to look like a fool.
          i) Where is the nearest toilet? I refuse to vomit in the street.
          j) I must be going home now as I have work in the morning.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...quiet thread day just like my work day :yay:

Mick...it's just as well you didn't have your car today. Imagine what could have happened. Hope the noggin is doing ok. Temps were up today and lots of melting happening. Skiff of snow forecast for tomorrow but it won't amount to anything. Bright and sunny I do believe spring may be on it's way.

Pauly...I know it's worrying but really there's not much you can do. I always said I don't want to know but to be honest I do want to know. Know what I mean? You will get through this and as you know drinking won't help anything. Hang in there and make your post all about you whenever you want. :hug:

All IT work fixed...all work caught up...actually didn't know what to do with myself today. LOL Going to get the soup started but we're having salmon for supper. It just feels like a fishy kinda night.
            Shout out to everyone else popping in and will probably check back later....:smile:PPQP

:hyper: Forecast change...triple snow amount now forecast!
            Last edited by porqoui; March 23, 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,
              We had another nice, melty kind of day, yay!!

Mick, you need head protections - I swear, ha ha! I just might send you a good old football helmet or something!
              I just got what I needed to make some blue bobbins for my machine so I will get to the blue butterfly trial very soon.
              Today we went to an Amish surplus store - it was hysterical. You can find just about anything there, cheap. You would love it I'm sure.

Pauly, drugs & guns? Holy shit, no wonder you're worried. I'm really sorry to hear that! You know what? I think I would rather turn my daughter into the police & let them scare the crap out of her than sit & wait for something awful to happen. That's the way I roll!!!! Please don't worry yourself sick, take care of you, OK? :hug:
              Getting a couple of chicks just might be a good thing for you. I'll have to research & see what breeds will survive best in your hot conditions. You'll need a small coop too, unless you want them staying indoors, ha ha!!

PQ, we're ,melting here too, yay!!
              We are supposed to have a small snow shower Sunday but it's not going to be a big deal. I certainly hope not, ha ha!!

Hello to Pie, Sam & anyone else dropping in & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                PQ, we're ,melting here too, yay!!
                We are supposed to have a small snow shower Sunday but it's not going to be a big deal. I certainly hope not, ha ha!!
                I'm hoping you're right but our small snow shower has ballooned and it seems the trend this winter is that we send our weather your way. We'll compare on Sunday's thread. :smile:PPQP

Comment

mornin all...well got to go and pick car up shortly....Julie is driving me over as opposed to the mystery journey..£287 it has cost...and thats mates rates ..should have been 350...so how are we today...?so far I havent smacked my head or done anything kerazee ..Iwill jump back in later ...but Pauly..thats heavy duty with your daughter ...got to say that I am of the same view as Lav..drugs and shooters? you cant get a worse combo..In the current climate ...talking possessing guns will change your life rapido....IMO ...you will be helping her out big time ...have you not got a confidential anonymous access line or something? like crimestoppers or one of them..

anyways ..will be back after
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

mornin all
                    still survivin'. staying busy, lots of work, lots of tunes! so that's a good thing, then spring will spring at some point. hope everyone is well.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Mick, vehicle testing procedure sounds seriously burdensome. Here we just pull into a repair shop or full service gas station, and inspection done in about 20 minutes.

PQ, what kind of cards do you play?

Lav, your melty day description made me laugh.

Pauly, you make me appreciate the amount of courage it must take to be a parent.

Hi Sam!

Major excitement here in Pieland this week as I traded in my 12 yr old SUV, for a small, ruby-red sedan, circa 2017. Such a pleasure to drive without hearing squeaks and rattles.

Comment

Woo-hoo Pie!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

yoohoo thats me back ...car done...it passed...I wish it was as quick as you say pie....hows the new car behaving?hope its ok ...hows you pauly? xx

Comment

oh yuckky... got the crud good and proper here. up all night sneezing and coughing. oh well, like proceeds. friend coming out to
                            help with trailer. just have to be careful with power tools in my sicko state.

Pauly, I missed the drugs and guns reference.... what's up? boyfriend issues? as a responsible shooting sportsman that kind of behaviour really
                            disturbs me.

I'll be going for a 3rd brew this am for sure. be well loves.

sneeze... hack....
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you were able to get a mate rate, geeze and that's every year! Good advice to Pauly about an anonymous call, at least it would be on the radar. So what have you got planned for the rest of the day? Putting your engineer hat on and working on the train layout?

Sam...nice to see you and good to hear there's lots of tunes with the lots of work. Got to keep the balance going, I'm still working on it. LOL

Pi...I'm game for any card game. I especially enjoy bridge but you can't always find people to play as it's more on the difficult side and not as popular with the current genre's. Used to date a Ukrainian farm boy where I learned to play Canasta, and then all the Whisk, Hearts, etc games. And of course there's always poker. Good score on the new wheels I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it.

Pauly...that was a quick jump in. LOL Hope things are ok and you're coping with the never ending crap you have to deal with. Don't go isolating yourself, keep venting away here. :hug:

Det...see what happens when you don't wear your mittens! Get those strings out. Yup turn the power tools over to your friend. Soup simmering on the stove and I'm going to go throw in extra garlic just for you.

Lav...you'll be glad to hear that the forecast changed again and we're not getting another onslaught of snow just a skiff so you should be good. LOL

I am taking today for myself, seems like I've been going a mile a minute for 2 weeks now. Other than popping over to the hall to unlock it for an event tonight I'll be in my PJ's watching all the season finales I taped. Hope you all have a Super Sober Saturday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Det, your egg dish sounds a lot like eggs in purgatory, but you probably use different spices. I love e in p with toasted Italian bread.

Hello to everyone.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X