w/c 6th ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 6th ?

morning all...how are we today then?all good I hope..it poured down with rain yesterday ,,,and I opened the hutch and those 2 nutters came trundling out!it took me ages to get them back in ...then I went to the barbers ...yep dont laff ...a barbers!Istanbul barbers ...the last time I wasin one was in Fetiye in Turkey about 12 years ago ...so just fancied a wet shave with the ole cut throat razor...the average length a guy or a kid spends in the chair nowadays has seriously changed ..Mind you my hair cuts have mainly been of a one style ....a number one..Itwasnt as good as I thought ...in fact it bordered on rubbish ...so I wont be rushing back..I was on the treadmill for 3 x 20 min sessions ..I actually enjoy it ...especially with the telly on in front of it! Ive lost 6lb in 11 days ,I dont carry tunza fat anyway,but I want to lose a few more lbs
    ok brew time it is..

hia Pauly hows you then today ?good I hope..Youwill understand what I mean about haircuts changing etc ..patterns designs etc ...some of them look a right mess but I guess Im no authority on haircuts ..howz things with your gang at work?hope you have a good day ...

hia Pie how are you?good I hope ....yeah no probs with the popping in with the jokes ...when you look at the views versus the posts I think a lot do the same..its nice to see just who is looking in now and again so come and say hello too..Its quite difficult with the jokes ..a lot of them I have got to think are they offensive ..would they offend any partickler creed colour race ..not everyone has the same twisted humour as me ..so it does take time ...and of course there are days when it is tuff to even smile ..far less anything else..in short ..yes no probs!!!have a lovely day.

hiya tree ....on Long Island with the movers n shakers hope you are getting sorted ...its dark o clock about 4 here...all the best to you .

hiya ppqp...so a quiet day at work...I wonder ...was that because you were the only one in or were the rest of the "workforce"in too?hope ypu have the rest of the week as peaceful ..no I dont like lamb either ..

hiya Lav ....how are you then? good I hope ...strangely enough I was looking at black bean spaghetti yesterday!Im still scratching my head over what to do with the greenhouse ...whether to put raised beds in it or not ..there are pros and cons for both .Yep weve got a good Chinatown in Manchester ....plus the Curry mile in Manchester too ...it is fantastic for ruby murrays.......have a great day..

right lets get some jokes out..

My friend keeps saying "cheer up man it could be worse, you could be stuck underground in a hole full of water." I know he means well.

St. Atue The patron saint of standing still for long periods of time.

The children wanted my wife to wake up with a smile on her face this morning.

Now they are no longer allowed sharpies in the house anymore.

I was reading there are an infinite number of Universes in the Multiverse. But you can’t travel to or communicate with them.

Which is a huge relief for me as they managed to lose my bags on a trip from Glasgow to Heathrow never mind going to another fcking Universe.

Grandpa was driving with his 9 year old grand-daughter and beeped the horn by mistake. She turned and looked at him for an explanation.

He said, "I did that by accident."

She replied, "I know that, Grandpa."

He replied, "How did you know?"

She said, "Because you didn't say "asshole!" afterwards.

Earl was fixing a door and he found that he needed a new hinge, so he sent his wife Mary to the hardware store.

At the hardware store, Mary saw a beautiful teapot on a top shelf while she was waiting for Carl, the manager, to finish waiting on a customer.

When Carl was finished, Mary asked "How much for the teapot?"

Carl replied, "That's silver and it costs $300."

My goodness that sure is a lot of money!" Mary exclaimed.

Then she proceeded to describe the hinge that Earl had sent her to buy, and Carl went to the back room to find it.

From the back room Carl yelled, "Mary, you wanna screw for that hinge?"

Mary replied, "No, but I will for the teapot."

A man goes to the doctor after feeling unwell for some time, after a series of the tests the doctor tells him it's very bad news, that he has an incurable disease called yellow 24.

He tells the man that he could be struck down at anytime, that the first symptoms would be the man would turn yellow and then within 24 hours he would be dead. The man is obviously devastated, but the doctor can do nothing and advises the man he makes a will and makes his peace with the world.

The man returns home and tells his wife, who is shocked to hear the news and breaks down crying.

The man consoles her by saying that he had always tried to be a good husband, but if there was anything he had done that might cause her regret, then he would like to make it up to her.

She tells him that indeed he had been a good husband, but one thing that had always upset her was that he had always made fun of her one interest in life, going to the bingo.

The man says that he was sorry for making fun of her and that he would accompany her to the bingo that night to show how much he cared for her.

So there they are together at the bingo, the man has his bingo card in front of him and as the callers shouts out the numbers he starts marking them off, first he gets all four corners, he wins £25. then he gets a line of numbers, he wins £50. then he gets a full house, he wins £500. then his card comes up on the national draw and he wins £100,000!

The man goes up to the caller to collect his prize money and the caller says to him
    "I have never seen anything like this before, it's incredible, you must be the luckiest man alive"

"you've got to be kidding" the man says "I've got yellow 24"

"unf##king believable!" says the caller "you've won the raffle too!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you did surprise about the trip to the barbers. Too bad the experience wasn't the best. 6lbs in 11 days, you're on a mission getting ready for the next holiday. No I wasn't the only one in yesterday all though I couldn't find the "Grand Poopah" after 1pm so I went and played cards. LOL Gearing up to get the fall online childcare program up to date but it felt like too much thinking for the first day back to work. Will start on that after I update the community garden membership agreement. Priorities man.

Off to scrape the car...have a fab Tuesday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,ooh Mick I like the word tunza when you described you don't carry tunza fat,I'm stealing it! I'm sure lots of peeps just need a laugh so click on to read,I'm not one to get offended by jokes unless they're downright cruel,there's a hoopla over Kevin Hart hosting the Oscars cuz of some jokes he made years ago,apologized back then yet people are still offended,oh well hes rich enough he don't need the Oscar gig anyways,PQ,I havent had to scrape my car in ages,I always hated that! Hubs went to home depot to get the stuff to fix my sink and some ass broke his drivers side window out! Hope he doesn't get in trouble cuz its his work van,weirdo things going on yesterday sheesh,hi Pie much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

SK...moving your post from last week's thread to this one....

Hi. I got my old computer fixed I will never get a chromebook again, but but when I click on anything those drop down menus/options keep appearing.
          75 and sunny today. so the therapist and I got to walk outside.

Lav, I love the those stories about the boys.

Mick, sounds all is good with you I like seeing the progression.

Pi, good luck getting some good sales

Glad you got your computer fixed and were able to get outside, safely, today.

Pauly...that's a bummer about hubs window. I had the same thing happen to me, only it was the passenger side. What a pain in the arse!

The day did not feel as long today, how quickly things get back to normal. It was freezing out today! Actually it's normal temps but we were spoiled!

Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers on the Hump day eve!

Had a mix of fog, clouds & sun today but no rain, yay! Sunday looks like it's going to be a sn*w day
            Nothing special going on here but I feel the need to lighten the load around here again. Look out closets, drawers, basement, ha ha!! Tomorrow looks like a good day to begin that project. All the menfolk are heading to the PA Farm Show for the day so I can begin my tossing!!!

Mick, so you really trust a Turk with a blade? You are a brave one, ha ha!
            YB did build a couple of raised beds in the greenhouse, they have worked out well for quick growing things like spinach & lettuce. There was a lot of unused floor space, so why not?

Cyn, it sounds like the move went pretty well. I'm happy for you. Get some rest when you can!

PQ, our wind chills are supposed to be right at the freezing point all day tomorrow. Looks like a major cold front moving in this week.
            So where does the boss go when the boss disappears at 1 pm?

Pauly, anyone breaking into a work van is usually looking to steal tools, possibly cash. I'm sure the company has insurance to cover that.
            How's work shaping up this week?

Det - are you officially MIA? I hope not.

Pie, hope good things come your way this week.

SK, 75 & sunny sounds like a perfect day for a walk outside

Wishing everyone a nice night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all how are we then? goodI hope ....well yesterday was a bit of a drama...just done 50 mins on the treadmill...phone goes ..its Julies dad ...can you come down..think Ive got a leak...went down ...water absolutely p,ssing thru the kitchen ceiling..shut the water off ,pulled the circuit breakers to the power shut central heating boiler down ...tried to find leak...eventually traced it ...cold water feed ti the bath .Phoned Julie in the nick ,so she came down too ,but as she left the maintenance foreman asked what the problem was...On the quiet he sent a plumber down ...job done ..in the meantime I deflooded ...good word eh the kitchen I ve put everything back on less the light power ..I will go and check that this morning ..so it was a fair ole day ...Julies dad couldnt remember what had happened or anything bless him.so this morning ..carpets to the tip ,leccy checked and put back on ..oh let the rabbits out when I got home ..and digger was at it again...digging under the fence base panel ....

20190105_115602.jpg

did a bit more on the buildings on my railway

20190108_062242.jpg

20190108_062455.jpg

ok lets have abrew its 6.30 am...been up since 5!

mornin Lav ...hows life in the garden spot of America? all good ..? Ive just done a clear out job ...enjoy yourself ..Have you ever been to the Hershey car auction?I saw it on telly ..dont know how close it is to you but looks good ..

hiya Sk ...how are you? 75 degrees? trade you for some frost??I hate chromebooks they are neither laptop or tablet ..they cant do all the work a laptop does ..and yet are so uncomfortable to handle and use..hope you have a good day ..

Det mate...whereare you?whats going on man? you need to show face let us know ur ok .

hey Pauly howsyu today then ...the word tunza is now yours ...you can have loadza too..so what was the weirdo stuff going on yesterday?did anything happen about your hubbys van?hope you have a good day...

hiya ppqp...yep Im on a mish ...I will lose the weight for the next jolliday...I dont do all inclusive to eat lettuce leaves ...I pig out on holiday..then come back moan like heck ..lose the weight and start again..kindalike a hamster on a wheel!so Im glad you got your priorities done ..

check for boss ....not there.
              check autumnal childcare prog ...put on the get round tuit pile
              play cards
              home
              food ..

job done ...oh and just for good measure ..scrape the car....

have a great day..

hello rest ov gang wherever you are

just had to put this one in......

My Ebay purchase "Guaranteed to give you a huge, throbbing penis within minutes" arrived this morning.

It turned out to be a wasp.

"Man dies in second fatal fall at Canary Wharf in 24 hours"

Surprised he wasn't killed the first time.

Silence is golden.
              Unless you have young children then silence becomes suspicious.

I'm sitting here in an Italian restaurant.
              The service is so slow I'm worried I won't get my main course before they all have to fck off home following Brexit.

Mate of mine died when he fell from a skyscraper in Dubai.

Not saying it was tall or anything, but his obituary was in the paper before he hit the ground.

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef.

A man came round in hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!"

The doctor replied, "I know you can't, I've cut your arms off".

A man walks into a pub, and notices Vincent Van Gogh is standing at the bar. "Do you want a pint, Vince?" he asks. "No, thanks," replies the artist. "I've got one 'ere."

I went to a seafood disco last week.... and pulled a mussel.

A man walks into doctor's office. "What seems to be the problem?" asks the doc. "It's... um... well... I have five penises." replies the man.

"Blimey!" says the doctor, "How do your trousers fit?" "Like a glove."

Answer phone message "....If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key...."

What do you give a cannibal who is late for dinner? The cold shoulder.

Did you hear about the dyslexic alcoholic? He choked on his own vimto.

A woman arrives at a bank with a fifty pound note stuck in each ear, and asks to see the manager. The cashier steps through to the managers office: "There's a woman to see you, she's £100 in arrears."
              Last edited by Mick; January 9, 2019, 09:41 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick sounds like a mess with the leak,glad you were able to help out waves to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday back later

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings folks & friends

We had cold sunny skies today, very windy & snow flurries at one point, geez!!
                  I didn't go anywhere today, just enjoyed some quiet time while the guys made their trek to the Farm Show. Apparently the boys were not exactly well behaved, LOL
                  They have been into non stop hitting, punching & kicking each other & even continued in the farm show arena
                  I guess this is one of those 'boys will be boys' things but I prefer to separate them & put a stop to the nonsense. I operate on the no BS policy!!!

Mick, wow, good thing you were able to help out with Julie's dad. I really worry about these seniors being on their own.
                  I called our widow friend this morning, she sounded pretty good although she is driving her son nuts with requests for things to be done, ha ha.
                  Your bunnies seem to be excavation experts. We had a golden retriever who dug his way under the fence so he could go visit our neighbor years ago & she still talks about that.

Pauly, busy day??
                  Have you had any communication with Det?

SK left me a message today to say her kittens walked across her keyboard so she can't really type on it at this point. Pets are wonderful, aren't they??

Hello Cyn & Sam, my fellow east coast dwellers. Get ready for sn*w this weekend, ugh.

PQ, what's happening in your world today?

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...wow, you had quite the day yesterday, glad you were there to help. Wasn't that super of Julie's maintenance foreman! Unfortunately this will probably add to Julie's stress level about her Dad. Great pics. I wonder where digger is trying to go? Is there grass on the other side? Great job on the buildings! Are they really all made out of cardboard? I like my priorities too...checked for the boss again today, nope not there, played cards all afternoon, left early, picked up KFC (chicken) on the way home, now it's time for Murder She Wrote. LOL

Pauly...hope you had a good day, I did.

Lav...sorry about the snow flurries! We had sunny skies, no wind and temps are rising. I'm going to hate it if winter actually shows up. Wonder what's up with the boys. Good job on turning them over to YB and staying home. Did you tackle any cupboards or just take it easy? Glad your widow friend is doing ok, I know there were some concerns with her being on her own. No card playing tomorrow, actually have to go for an eye checkup tomorrow.

Det...getting a little concerned about you too. Please check in soon.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav,I was gonna text Det but I don't wanna be a pest,I'm sure he'll check in soon I hope,,,maybe I will just send him a quick text

Comment

Pauly, thanks for text-poking me. yep, I'm alive and getting more well by the day.
                        Made Xmas fine but then dumped hard just after NY's. picking up the pieces here and
                        trying not to hate myself destructively like I usually do. Am eating at least and made it to
                        a really powerful Refuge Recovery meeting tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least a little
                        sleep tonight. small steps here but I always recover quickly.
                        catch up with you soon loves. thank you all for being here as always
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

mae all how are we today then?all good I hope..another dry day here yesterday so digger and friend were out.Went to Julies dads and put the leccy back on and took the carpets etdc to the tip ...fortunately there was a frost ,so the water was froz .Julie is getting a bit stressed. unfortunately she has a boss that would give ppqps one a good run for his money in the fkn useless stakes...one of these that is never there ,until prizegiving day.All I can do is support her ...Ive already been told to keep out of it ..and that Julie will deal with the issue .... for the present I will.

did a bit more on the models for the railway..can you see the silhouette in the window? took me ageez!

20190109_182330.jpg

20190109_235413.jpg

ok brew time it is..

well det ,here we are again....what happened ? you always do so well ,and then bang its goodnight Vienna ..its as if you are testing yourself out against booze once you have hit a level of control ..and come a very poor second in the challenge ..snakes and ladders time ..throw a six and lets go ..keep at it friend...one day ..this time..

hiya ppqp....hows you then?all good I hope ...The abc murders ? Agatha Chirstie ...take it that its the film you are watching.She is Julies favourite author ..Ive just downloaded all her books on to Julies kindle..I read all her books up to passenger train to Frankfurt when I was younger ....I also had her books in hard back...all in good condition ..One of her books was called ten little n........ but after public outcry they renamed it to and then there were none ....I gave them all to a charity shop ...that book alone is worth at least £500 to a collector..oh well ..lost out on that one!Yes there is grass next door ...but it aint gonna be greener for him!

Hiya Lav .theres sno business like sno business...hope you are ready for it all ...as for the boys..is them both or is one needling the other?I had to smile at your no b/s policy ...when you were in nursing dont know what grading you had /have over there ...but I can imagine you as the matron.........

hiya sk ...ebjnmogbofnmpsfnsejfsjngmnmioghnrtkro thats me just replying to the cat!! hope you are doing ok?

hiya Pauly hows you then? good I hope ..have a good day ..

right peeps ..

HOUSEWIVES: Save money on expensive technology gadgets by changing your name to Alexa and obeying random instructions from everyone in your household.

First Date:
                          Her: Lets exchange numbers.
                          Me: Wont that confuse people who are trying to call us?

I'm fed up with people criticising the police force here for lack of diversity.
                          What other employer actively seeks to give jobs to people with learning disabilities?

I see Amazon boss Jeff Bezos’ wife is leaving him. With a neighbour, presumably.

‘Why does your sign say Beware of The Dog? That's just a Yorkshire Terrier!’

‘Yeah, but his farts are awful.’

There's a new series starting on TV called The secret life of 4 year olds.

No Scouse kids are on it because they refuse to grass.

A friend asked if I'd like to go drag racing, heck I can't even walk, never mind run in
                          high heels.

why arent there any casinos in china

because they dont like tibet

Man who goes through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok

I used to date a girl with a lazy eye. Turns out she was seeing someone else the whole time.

Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels.

and this justabout sums the jokes up ..

Last edited by Mick; January 10, 2019, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,those little buildings are so cute! Such detail,wish we could all come see it in real life when its complete
                            Det,I didnt want to bug you but you'd been gone for a bit,hope you're feeling OK,I don't know what the answer is,I felt that brain foggy niggle to drink last night too,didn't cuz I had the boys but I just can't explain or figure out what causes it,big((hugs))
                            PQ,it's spaghetti with sauce cooked all day in the crock pot tonight,probably use zucchini noodles for mine and hubs cuz it's really good like that but I'll eat a real bread stick haha!
                            Lav,probably cuz the boys are so close in age,I was putting away old pics the other night and in a lot of them Michelle was pulling Kell or getting ready to jump on her,kids! Luckily Rome and Lou are far in age so hopefully it won't be as bad,much love to all and wishes for a fab BF Thursday!

Comment

Aftern66N. 2

I'm back! I had put Best Buy as #1 on my to do list to get it fixed, and I tried it this morning and yay it worked. I'm not tech savvy at all, but there is still a lock that appears with an A on it in the middle of the page and then fades away.

Lav, it's upsetting the boys fight so much they are bruising each other. What's their age difference? The two cats got into their usual fight today and I heard something snap. I think it was the cording on the couch cushions.

Cyn, hoping you are getting some rest.

PPQ, I used to have a boss who disappeared every afternoon and a colleague who went bowling every afternoon. Their boss was upstairs and rarely came down.

Hi to Sam, hope it starts to dry out for you.

Hi to Det - feel better.

I don't know why, but unless it's a friend/neighbour I don't want people in my place, it seems intrusive, like my therapist. He is a nice guy, a muslim who is very interesting and good. I refuse tasks like showing him how I get out of bed and how I get in an out of the shower. with the boot on! As if that would happen in real time. The pain is very manageable except for the mangled wrist and even if my wrist is not his mandate. he helps me with it. I may be becoming a recluse! I should be more grateful.

It would seem decluttering is very popular everywhere now, it must be the boomers like me. I have half the garage filled with boxes from WA state that definitively not fit in here. I will donate to the community's garage sales because I am not allowed to do it here.

See y'all later.

Pauly, that sounds like a delicious, healthy dinner.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Det, you sound resilient, and ready to bounce back. Spaghetti and sauce in a crock pot is intriguing, Pauly; I may have to google that. Mick, I'm still trying to picture you deflooding your FIL's house. I have a carpenter here this morning repairing the closet system. Mostly, I'm staring at my inbox waiting for promised paperwork on that dead RE transaction from last year, that's been resurrected. Just another day in paradise.

Comment

Working...
                                X