X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 6th ?

Greetings friends,

Mick, your building are really awesome
    Have you thought about listing some on ebay & get a bidding war going? You could probably have a nice side business!!
    My grandsons are 2 years, 5 month apart in age. The younger guy has not developed any verbal coping skills so he will react to anyone in any situation by yelling, screaming, kicking, punching, throwing things. In other words he's a damn terrorist. The older guy is very brainy & prefers not to be bothered but he does defend himself when the situation warrants, ha ha! The younger one has been seeing a therapist but I see zero improvement. Someday he's going to piss off the wrong kid & end up getting his clock cleaned, if you know what I mean.
    You're right about my position in the hospital, ha ha! I was the Big Cheese on a 23 bed inpatient unit, the charge nurse, the unit manager. I had to make sure the patients got what they needed, make sure their care & privacy needs were met. I had to keep an eye out on the nurses & orderlies, make sure all the i's were dotted & the T's were crossed on all the medical records. AND I had t o make sure the docs were doing their jobs too, haha! That's why I had no time for BS!!!!!

Det, glad to see you back but I was worried.
    Whatever it is that draws you back to drinking can be managed. I am rereading a great book that I wish you would read too. It's called "Resilient: How To Grow An Unshakable Core Of Calm, Strength And Happiness" by Rick Hanson Ph.D.
    I just mentioned this book in the Newbies Nest because I see several people there who would really benefit from this book. I think you would too :hug:

Pauly, I hope your grandsons learn healthier ways to get along, ha ha!
    Our younger one is so disruptive & lashes out at virtually anyone (including a teacher & the school principal I hear).

SK, great to see you back online!
    I understand the therapist's reasoning for wanting to see you perform self care functions but I also understand your resistance to showing him. Just show him you are moving about safely & use your verbal skills to your advantage

Pie, did you get the sale???? We wanna know!!

PQ, I'm really hoping the snow on Saturday & now some on Sunday doesn't pile up too much. I know it's winter & we are used to getting snow but it doesn't make any easier as you well know. I don't mind driving in it but I worry about the other idiots n the road. You know the drill.
    I made a vegan noodle soup today that just called for a turkey sandwich, haha!!!

Hello to our friends Cyn & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...:hug: Was hoping this wasn't the reason for not posting but deep down figured it was. You're going to have to take a close look at what you did/didn't do when you bent that elbow. That's where you need to work on your plan. You'll get there, I know you will. You take care of yourself and hurry back.

Mick...it's hard but you're right to let Julie deal with it. She'll ask for help when she needs to. I love the silhouette in the window. You have multi talents. I too grew up with Agatha Christie but no I was actually watching one of the oldie Angela Landsbury Murder She Wrote TV show. It comes on one of my Golden Oldie channels and I tape them all. Only show that I will watch repeats. LOL Wow...I hope the charity picked up on the fact that the donation was worth that much. Hope you can solve diggers issues. LOL

Pauly...if you make a plan to see Mick's completed railway I'll join you! A "real" bread stick. LOL It's frozen lasagna and salad (on the side Mick) for me tonight.

SK...I can sure understand not wanting people in your house but I don't think you'd like the alternative. Don't you dare become a recluse.

Pi...I'll be googling spaghetti in the crock pot as well. LOL I hope you got the promised paperwork today. Just another day in paradise. LOL or is it "Living the dream"

Lav...I'm sure you're posting as I'm typing. I'll check out your day later.

Have a nice night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey ABerooos, bouncing back here quick as I can.

Yeah, I'm totally baffled how i continue to relapse in the face of victory...so many report it gets easier as time goes by and for me there is NO desire to drink even
        months afterwords but then 'bam' i find myself doing it like I'm watching from a 2nd persons perspective. it's truly out-of-body and creepy as hell. I'm looking into if there's some mechanistic explanation from neurology for this. thankfully you guys know I love to research...

SK, so glad you're pain is manageable xxxxx

Lav, I super appreciate the book and have it up on amazon now. i've started to look at this journey for me in a more of a 'search for enlightenment' perspective as weird as that may sound. I've been reading and learning so much on self-actualization and could go on for hours I'm sure. i miss our chatroom!

Pauly, did you actually cook the pasta noodles all day? comon hon.... say no

thanks to PPQ, Tree, Mick the adventurer and any I've missed

well, more study then a lifering.org chat which is always great. we could use more company though hint hint.

gnight loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning all...howzwee today then? all good I hope.a mild morning over here..I did a lot of work yesterday morning in fact most of the day...but satisfying too .Something I said must have resonated wth Julie ...she had a meeting with her boss,and a pretty high up person within the service who is a personal friend went in with her ..Long story short ...fixed.
          So moving on ...a brew for the start off ..

Good morning to you Det ...how are you doing ? on the mend ...What gives you the trigger to drink ?Honestly mate ,Ive done my quitting a different way ,but for me I have watched some of Annie Grace on you tube ...type in "this naked mind" there are loadza episodes on you tube ..Julie read the book ..I found it really really interesting..all about dopamines and learned behaviour ..plus she has a voice you can listen to..

hiya Pie ..how are you then ? good hopefully ..did the long awaited documentation turn up?yes FIL house,is ok Im letting the ceiling dry out slowly ,hopefully that way the plaster boards wont crack too bad..

hia eskay ...how are you today then?hopeyou are better ..I see you have rescued the laptop from the cats..what we should do is get all the remnants of our decluttering and swop them on here! a little sideline perhaps? have a nice day..

hiya Pauly how are you then?all good I hope ..when I eventually ..long time yet get it all set up andthe trains with the sound etc I will do some films of it ...that way you will soon get to sleep!!its the weekend you doing anything? hope its a good one for you

hiya ppqp..how are you then?did you enjoy murder she wrote? ha multi talents? you mean jack of all trades ..master of none!yes the work issue is hopefully resolved ..we shall see.digger at it again last night...I will put some boarding in today..Friday eh? card afternoon? have a good one .

hiya Lav...how are you?ok I hope ..so youve got chalk and cheese grand kids?hopefully they will grow out of it..Yep somehow I knew you werent just the floorsweeper upper ..how you can translate a stentorian tone into written word ,I know not but you can.!Yes wehave the Amazon bug here too...jeez ...I got informed by Julie at 5.35 this morning ,a package we had ordered had left the Leicester depot and was on the way tothe Barden Mill hub..we go through this rigmarole every time!especially when she gets the text you are 10 stops away ...we then get a run down on where he is ,progression ..its almost a disappointment when the parcel arrives!hope you have a good weekend ..

right peeps its a goodbye from me ...

Two nuns walking home at night when a vampire jumps out in front of them: First nun - "What shall we do? Second nun - "Show him your cross!" First nun - "Get out the fcking way you fangy toothed bstard"

My wife came home from work crying yesterday and asked me to console her.
          So I hit her over the head with my Xbox.

Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris & Stuart Hall walk into a pub in Ireland.
          Barman says “not yew tree again”

My wife came home from work crying yesterday and asked me to console her.
          So I hit her over the head with my Xbox.

How does Moses make his tea? ☕️
          Hebrews it.
          I’m serious that Israeli how he does it

Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris & Stuart Hall walk into a pub in Ireland.
          Barman says “not yew tree again”

My new years resolution is to stop using spray on deodorant!
          Roll on next year!

Burnt my Hawaiian pizza today.
          Should have put it on aloha setting

Chris Eubank has just written a book about Ethics.
          If it’s a success his next one will be about Kent.

Gutted the wife has left me!
          She’s took the Sky Box and all my Bob Marley records too.
          No woman no Sky

A bloke on a tractor has just driven past me shouting “The end of the world is nigh!!”
          I think it was Farmer Geddon.

I met a girl with 12 nipples today
          Sounds fun
          Dozen tit
          Last edited by Mick; January 11, 2019, 03:35 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
            been busy drawing up plans for a wall around the farm. Thinking of getting a gummit grant.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick we will be delighted to watch a video when its all done!
              Sam,hahahaha! That SOB with that goddam wall is really pissing me off,hes messing with peoples paychecks cuz of this latest tantrum,I'm over it.
              Det,I cook the SAUCE all day so it gets that all day cooking taste,lots of garlic and onions,I can relate to the out of body feeling,nobody else understands but it honestly feels like a blackout,it's not me feeling,so weird and upsetting of a feeling,if you find answers tell me!
              PQ,not sure what's on the table for tonight,might just eat leftover lunch and stop at Rubio's for some fish tacos for hubs
              Lav,there's usually always that one kid with a 'tude,mine is and always has been Michelle,love her to death but grrrrrr,
              Pie,did it go? Much love to all and wishes for a fabulously BF Friday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Going for haircut in an hour.

Many of us had those relapses after being sober a while. Angel on one shoulder; woolf on the other, do some mantras. stick with one and repeat it vigorously from your mind.

Mick, glad you getting along with the trains. I would love to see that closer, along with the precious relics. I might have to go to Ashton this summer to see remaining cousins. There's also a flight on Quantas running right now and that is 599 economy. Just think all those hours squashed. The upper economy, business class and first are better will have a think on it. My cousin is in Adelaide.

Pauly, you sound good.

Lav, I'm glad g/son's in therapy, he has so much anger.

Hi to Sam and Cyn.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...maybe a change in therapist is in order? My boys are 2 years in age difference and the only thing I had to put my foot down on was "No you can't tell him blue is green, yellow is red, purple is pink!" LOL The fighting didn't start till they were in their twenty's and moved into a condo together. Glad I wasn't living in the city at that time. I made a vegan noodle soup today that just called for a turkey sandwich that gave me a good chuckle. I'll be checking out the book you recommended to Det too.

Det...I'm looking into if there's some mechanistic explanation from neurology for this. Please pass on anything that you find out. I find this very interesting. I'm glad you can bounce back, you're sounding pretty good.

Mick...good news about Julie dealing with her boss. She's got enough stress to deal with. I'll also be checking out Annie Grace, think I got my weekend planned now. LOL Did you get the boarding in place? See what you get for adding a second gate! A garden member came in to renew her plot today and she was telling me she's been watching Matlock on you tube. I'll be checking that out this weekend as well. No cards today but it was nice and quiet. Got all the little odds and sods that I've been putting off done.

Sam...good luck with the grant! :harhar:

Pauly...I have no idea what I'm having for supper either. Stopped at the store, walked up and down the aisles and then left without buying anything. Think I'll make the boys decide tonight. I'm looking forward to Mick's video as well.

SK...how did the haircut go? Hope you made it there and back with no issues.

Pi...I hope you got the email!

Well this was a long week back and glad it's over. Looking forward to the weekend. Hope you all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well I was just snagged to watch the boys all day tomorrow since both of their parents will be out of town. They are to be dropped off at 7:45 for what will likely be a very long day, haha!
                    I need to get a plan to keep those boys apart from one another & lessen the likelihood of a potential disaster. Maybe one inside & one outside but I'll have to switch them often because the wind chills are below freezing, LOL
                    Also just made plans to be a daughter's house by 9 am Sunday to help them out with a remodeling project.

Mick, my younger grandson is very food-centric so I'm considering withholding his rations if he starts up. What do you think????
                    He's also becoming a real smartass & I don't want to be tempted to reinjure my previously broken foot if you know what I mean. Do you think I would get locked up or anything? Ha ha.

Det, I'm glad you're getting that book. It's laid out simply with instructions, explanations & exercises to help reshape your brain & hence your thinking. This quitting & staying quit thing is dependent on your positive thinking. You are the only one in charge of your thinking, you can do this

PQ, I beat you by 19 minutes last night
                    Hope you have a good weekend. I just used an Amazon gift card to buy myself a second pot for the Instant Pot. Good to have an extra if you have a lot of projects going on.

Sam, don't build a wall.

Pauly, I don't mind attitudes so much, we're just human. It's the anger & the looks of hatred that I see from that little kid hat bother me. Really, what does he have to be angry about??? He has a good life & he is treated as an equal, at least when he's here. He's never seen me really pissed off but he's getting close, LOL

SK, you need to do a whole lot of healing so you can travel comfortably this summer. Keep that in mind & watch your step, OK?
                    I love to travel, I always learn so much.

Hello to Cyn & Pie!

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all
                      looks like we've got a a little snow heading our way. Hope it is a nice dry one. I love quiet when it is getting ready to snow.
                      Lav, a moat??? filled with alligators.
                      PQ, decided not to do gummit grant, going with gofundme.
                      Last edited by Samstone; January 12, 2019, 10:43 AM.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam a moat sounds interesting Lav,hope the boys behave today,Det,I also get an extremely messed up stomach when I have that out of body feeling,,do you get that too? Just curious cuz I really feel it's something biological going on,perhaps stored toxins finally leaving our fat cell stores? I honestly don't know but I'm just gonna roll with the punches when it happens,glad you're bouncing back PQ,I bought rib eye steaks yesterday and put them in a marinade so hubs can cook them tonight! Sorry I always give you my menu but I'm a total foodie and I know you can appreciate it with me hahaha! Mick,we'll probably see you later so hello for now,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                        Last edited by paulywogg; January 12, 2019, 09:30 AM.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon folks ....been a tad busdy today ,apologies for the late start but good for you Pauly ...blowing a hooley over here today .Car goes in to the garage tomorrow ...some 40 miles away ,so had to get it dekitted of all the camping stuff in it ..hopefully it will be ready about wednesday ..Cant borrow Julies she is away on a conference so its shanks pony for me..wont do me any harm.Trains will be here next week...apparently they sound ace ..

hiya Lav...wellhopefully you will be ok and the kids will be ok ...nah ..dont play the toe up the butt game with them...another offence nowadays ..didnt do me alotta harm as a youngster tho..in fact it rectumfied my way of behaving in a lot of cases ..best of luck..

hiya pauly ..how are you doing today then? all ok Ihope..what are you up to today then?have a good day

hiya Sam dont be building awall youll end up getting heisted to build a big un for the Trump admin ...or is that Putin ...ha ha ..

hiya SK ...how are you doing?hopeall is ok today.Yep you can fly straight into Manchester from Oz now. let me know when you come over..we can meet up if you want and Im in the country ..

hiya ppqp..how are you ? what was the bit about the pipeline?..whatsthe weather like over your way.Did you get your cards game in ?

just a short post.. take care everyone ...

My budgie flew out of it's cage a few months ago and started humping the dog....
                          I got some puppies going cheep if anyones interested?

If you think swimming with dolphins is expensive, you should try swimming with sharks....
                          Cost me a bloody arm and a leg.

I had an argument with a lollipop lady today.

She made me cross.

Just seen on the news the governments new motorway cameras, that can not only detect speeding, but also, eating, using your phone and even smoking behind the wheel.

Thats not really fair is it? we all do stuff we regret when we are drunk!

Three cheers for Andy Murray.

Hip hip, ha ha
                          Hip hip, ha ha
                          Hip hip, ha ha

Facebook founder is to marry friends star Courteney Cox .
                          She said "I have decided to slightly shorten his name to add to mine as it was far too much of a mouthfull".

Not that Courteney Cox Zucker isn't

Piers Morgan has been taken to hospital for 'extensive tests'.

Early reports indicate his brain scan came back negative.

Three months ago i had the Grand Opening of my new Electronics store in Liverpool !

Two weeks ago, after taking stock of all the inventory that wasn't yet stolen, we had our Grand Closing.

Andy Murray's mum has been showing everyone his baby pictures.

Well, actually they were the ones taken of him crying about his retirement.

On Diane Abbott's tour of Ireland she was asked whether she liked County Down. She said she preferred it when Carol Vorderman was doing it.

My mother's sister was one of the first women to join the army. She took care of guns firing into the air. We call her Aunty Aircraft.
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Weekend ABadoodles!

thanks all for the support and ideas. Pauly it's interesting you mention the stomach effect as it's confirming something I suspect about the
                            'gut-brain connection' playing a role in this. I have come to realize my neurotransmitter levels are super whacked and have been embarking on a multi-pronged
                            approach to balance them but something I hadn't considered is doing a proper analysis of my microbiome which I've been researching recently.
                            As soon as I can afford it I'll be getting a genetic sequencing of mine and it should be quite interesting. There are so many compelling testimonies of people suffering horribly from severe depression/anxiety and even schizophrenia symptoms that have enjoyed complete recovery from correcting biota imbalances. i mean think about it:
                            our microbiome manufactures and controls distribution of 90 percent of our dopamine, serotonin etc etc (or at least it's supposed to). At any rate whilst I work on the technical end I'm also putting in serious effort into my mindset/outlook and dealing with underlying emotional pain from my past that i really love to ignore.

anyhoo that's the latest on that as I continue to try to get my job thing finalized. yeeesh.

I bed thee all a fabulous weekend!
                            be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all!

I just read back through the thread to get caught up, sounds like things are plugging along for all, and that’s great!

I finally had a decent night’s sleep last night - the first in awhile. I worked in Long Island for all of Tuesday and Wednesday and got everything unpacked and my client settled, (whew, never doing one of those by myself again!) That night I drove the 4 hours home, then on Thursday I oversaw cleaning and I took stuff out of the previous house so it was ready for a walk- through. Then got in the car with HB and drove to an airport to stay overnights and be ready for a 6. AM flight to Montana for a business meeting. Got here last night.

I will write more later to each, but so glad to hear the discussions going on...

Wishing all a bit of peace and comfort, and good weather (good luck Lav!)

Cheers all -

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...so how's it going with the g/kids? Have you got the timer set so you don't forget to rotate them? For a minute I thought you said you were getting a second Instant Pot. Didn't know you could just get the "pot". I hope you don't get clobbered with snow. We're above freezing this weekend but by Thursday reality sets in with 3F temps!

Sam...good decision about the gofundme. Let me know when the page is up and running I'll be your first donation. LOL

Pauly...no apologies, I love reading about your menus, you've given me many ideas. Also reminded me that I haven't had a ribeye in ages so that's my plan for tonight's dinner. Thanks.

Mick...oooh the trains are ready. Can hardly wait to see them. rectumfied my way of behaving LOL Re the pipeline...currently Alberta only has pipelines that go to the US where they buy our oil for pennies on the dollar. We want to get our oil to tide water so we can get fair market value. A company was going to build a pipeline through BC but the provincial government and others opposed it. With all the delays the company building the pipeline said they were going to withdraw because of the uncertainty so the federal government bought the rights to it and there is still no pipeline! It will be an interesting election year.

Det...good job on the bounce back you're sounding like your old self already. I'm intrigued with your research and the conversations between you and Pauly. I learn a lot from you two. Keep us posted on what you find out.

TG...wow, no rest for the wicked eh? Glad the Long Island move was successful and is now over. No moss growing under your feet, how long will you be in Montana?

I'm finding the thread frustratingly slow today, is it just me? Will check back in later, need to go buy my ribeyes. Have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X