Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sunday the 27th

Hidy ho ABerooooos!

lets see, some challenges in our midst i see... crap motorways, snow, ice, freezing chickens, accountants doing chaotic things....
    we shall overcome. our species is indeed so very adaptable, though it's not always big fun of course.

yesterday i was so excited I woke up at 3am and that was it... so made for a very long day but a good one. Learning loads of new info very quickly here.
    work environment seems pretty darned good overall with positive attitudes and a supportive team. Even made it to the gym and my meditation group last night
    before an early-ish zzzzz which was much needed.

hmmm. not fighting but also not giving up. more of 'transcending fighting' which I realize sounds a bit cryptic. Not quite going with the flow but being more skillful and mindful of directing flow from my present perspective in non-confrontational ways. Self actualization or whatever you call it is a fascinating adventure for sure.

roasted beets! now there's something to get excited about nice

everyone be careful dealing with the ice and low temps... you all know what to do I'm sure.

i'm continuing home study until back to HQ on Monday. taking tests online for my fire and electrical licenses which is part of da job.

Pauly, new coffee shop! 'bad owl coffee' on Rainbow blvd is a Harry Potter themed place with some fancy food and yummy super-strong espresso. Was
    there for cousins Bday and we had a great time.

be well loves!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all -

Well, pretty nippy here, 5 below zero this morning, but not in the galaxy of what so many are experiencing... I am grateful. The sun was shining and it was actually beautiful out, if you were dressed for it. Poor pup though, even with his "coat"on, he is not dressed for it... the tips of his long ears are like icicles when he come see in!

Mick, geez, I hope the fox stays away - I'm sure you have it crafted so they can't get in! PPQ, so sorry for the kerfuffle at work. Aren't you grand for soothing the injured one. I hope the boss gets the message. Lav, I hope the boys behaved - how strange that your daughter just got rain! Things are all different now with the weather. Pauly, sorry that you have to deal with that manager, but as you say, you manage it all on your own! Det, all sounds great with the job, so glad! And you still are doing your meditation and workout - really impressive. Sam, good job on the bday, and glad to hear the tractor started, whew.
      Hello to SK and Pi, how all is well for both of you ---

Going to do some tax work and then try to get a bit of sleep.. this cold is just a small one, but it is wearing me down - I may decide to delay going into the city for one more night...

To the light!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

OMG Mick - you could end up being a WANGLANDER hahahhahha!!!!
        We have frozen snow here as well, had sunshine all day too. It was exactly 0 degrees this morning when we checked. The temp inside the house was 43 degrees!!!!!!!Apparently the condensation pipe from the humidifier froze up & the entire heating system shut down around 1:30 this morning, geez. YB figured it out fast enough but that was a hard way to start the day. I haven't seen any foxes for a few weeks but the deer are romping all over the place. At least they don't eat chicken. The chickens did fine overnight with the space heater. I was almost afraid to go in & check on them but they were happy.

Det, I love learning new things. It's good exercise for my granny brain, haha! Glad to hear you are busy prepping for your new position

PQ, I sure hope today was calmer, quieter & more organized. It's hard to get any work done when there's no order.
        I think we are supposed to get a touch of snow tomorrow ~ not that we really need any.

Pauly, the boys were pretty much turdish last night - at least the younger one was. I told him 5 TIMES to get his jacket & shoes on to be ready when his mother got here. The 5th time I must have been LOUD because I saw his eyes open wide while he dove on the floor for his shoes, haha!!

Sam. we had some nasty wind gusts yesterday & of course it was trash day so everyone's big cans were all over the roads. Nice that you remembered your wife's birthday. Wouldn't you be afraid to forget?

Cyn, it's takes so much longer to get over these viral things after age 50 or so. I think we need to just expect that & plan accordingly. Rest when you can :hug:

Hello to Pie & SK. Check in when you can!

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm glad the rabbits are surviving your cold snap. I can beat your -4 as were headed to -13 Sat & Sun and not much better for the following week. We were at 50 most of the day and then the winds changed. Freezing drizzle turning to snow overnight. Great - at least I know I'll be scraping windows in the morning so can plan on leaving a little earlier. Snow fall and storm warnings all around us for now, sure hope we don't get clobbered like Eastern Canada! Yup, I think the boss is all bunged up! I love my grilled cheese with onions and tomatoes. Will have to try the Lea & Perrins next time as I cook with that all the time.

Sam...good on you for remembering the the wife's Bday. Thought of you the other day and was hoping you haven't had to pull out the Ether for the tractor. Stay safe out there.

Pauly...yea it seems we all have our crosses to bear. Even with all the crap going on I still love my job and going to work every day. Just heard on the news there's a winter storm warning around Vegas tonight.

CRAP Just lost my post and auto save only brought back some of it. UGH!

Det...work environment seems pretty darned good overall with positive attitudes and a supportive team So pleased that your new start landed you in a supportive job. I'm sure you'll ace those online tests.

TG...the injured one is a grand lady. She is the same age as me and we've been through a lot of the same things. I was just hurting for her, been there! She shared with me one of the workshops she's been on about managing meetings. When someone is causing drama hand them a QTip. It stand for Quit Taking It Personally. I'm loading up on QTips for my desk. LOL You get plenty of rest and postponing the trip for a day sounds wise to me.

Lav...still trying to figure out what WANGLANDER is. LOL Glad YB got the heat going quickly, what a way to start the day. Today was definitely calmer, quieter & more organized! After the wast of a day yesterday we managed to get the website and online program registration updated and went live with our Summer Day Camps before the end of day. Told the boss I'm taking a break from the online program registrations tomorrow. Preschool can wait till next week!

OK I think that's the rest of the unsaved post so I'm quitting while the quitting's good. LOL Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I'm finally back! Either myself r the kittens walked on the k/board and wiped out all my passwords. Been a son of a gun to get them back and I'm still working on it. MWO isn't the easiest to change. I got back on but restrictive, no posting. Anyway I'm here. The vertigo I had was really bad and I had terrible fatigue. DD took me to docs and I was throwing some really high numbers, unusual for me, I told her she was doing it with her impatient attitude. She's much better now. I became really dehydrated and that's no fun.

PPQ, when I lived in Victoria, I would take a double decker bus to see all of the daffodils blooming, they provided all the daffs for the cancer campaign and Romanian gypsies were the pickers. First time I saw a real gypsy.

During my off days w/computer 500 emails had to be deleted, etc.

My sister called in a drunken state tonight, crying and repeating herself like many of us did, ugh! Glad those days are over.

I'll say goodnight 'cause I am
            tired, but will see you all more often. Maybe one of the computer whizzes can tell me why I get drop down boxes every time I click on something.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

morning all,
              For a cold day, it was pretty nice out yesterday. I believe we caught just the tail end of a brutal cold for a lot of other folks. Lav, we even got some eggs yesterday! Actually, they've starting laying more here recently. SK, you sure have had a time of it. My wife suffered from vertigo from time to time, makes for a pretty lousy day. PQ, haven't ever used ether for this tractor. Our old one did need it. Waves to you Pauly, Pi, Det, Mick, TG, et all!

off to the winter wonderland
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ,love QTips I'm stealing it! Last nights dinner was lazy night,chicken patties in the air fryer(which is awesome BTW) and steak fries Sam,good you got a few eggs,I'm considering chickens again,we have some scrap wood that would make a nice cage off the ground so Winslow can't get to them,well see when it warms up,Det,thanks for the heads up on the coffee shop,sent the link to my girls and they're excited to go cuz Lb is a Harry Potter freak! Glad the job is working out,Mick where you at? Lav,sorry the boys were turdish haha,Lou does that same thing when we tell him to get his shoes and jacket,grrrr,Rome was a grump cuz he had to get 5 shots yesterday poor thing,that whole debate about vaccines ugh,Kell got into an argument with one of our coworkers about it the other night,she finally just gave up and made the other lady drop the subject, SK,welcome back,I hate vertigo it freaks me out when I get it,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday and Happy February!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..late late start ...the weather broke for a little while this morning ,saw I took the car to Warrington to get the brakes fixed ...unfortunately for me it wast just the brake pads that needed changing they hadgone down to the metal and screwed up the discs ..so my mate had to order and change both discs and the pads ...Spare parts =£139.25....altogether he charged me 160...that is 20 quid for the fitting ..unreal.Ive painted the wall behind the trains to look like sky n clouds ..it is going to end up as mountains etc

20190201_164724.jpg

sk its great to see you again ...youve got cats that do your passwords?Ive got rabbits that simply chew power cables....

hiya pauly how are you doing ?go on get dat chicken run built ...I took these pics earlier on my phone

20190201_085219.jpg

and these ....

20190201_165944.jpg

20190201_165837.jpg

hiya Sam the man hope all is well wih you

Ppqp ..hows work today then?hope it was ok ...yep Ilove Lea n Perrins with any savoury meal ..when you do cheese on toast ..when the toast ismelted ..cut the outer skin of it so that the sauce doesnt run off the top and soaks in ...

hiya tree..yep its pretty much fox proofed , but nevertheless..i know its run and route and timings so I watch for it.did you get some sleep after the tax work?it is a taxing chore..

hiya det you sound full of beans keep it up my friend ...not literally full of beans !!

hiya Lav ,how are you doing?so the youngest was a pain was he ..Im sure he thought twice about taking you on!glad the chickens were ok ...Im like you I dread going out to see them ...and I get out and they are like that ..yeah wheres our brekkie!!

couple of jokes folks ..

Knock, Knock
                  Who's there?
                  A Pile-Up
                  A Pile-Up Who?
                  Eeewww!

"Would you like anything on your chips?"

"Does it cost extra?"

"Ten pence."

"All right, I'll have four sausages and a steak pie."

My Girlfriend works for one of those parcel delivery companies.
                  she rang me early one morning to say happy Birthday and asked if I liked my Birthday present.
                  I haven't even seen a Birthday present, where is it", I asked
                  "It's next to the garage, in the green bin"

I couldn't believe it when one day, my eight year old son started talking a lot about Beethoven.

Wanting to encourage his precocious young interest, I took him to a performance of the Symphony.

For 3 hours though, he was massively bored and fidgeting and miserable, and we practically sprinted out of that theatre.

I asked him on the way home, "What happened to how interested you were in Beethoven ?"

"I dunno dad, I just thought maybe you'd stream the movie about the giant St. Bernard !"

A blonde walks into a hairdressers.

"I'd like you to colour my hair please, people think I'm dumb."

"Certainly - what would you like?"

"Erm, I think I'll try blonde."
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooodles!

Mick, thanks much as always for leading us into the sunny warm weekend
                    really lovely pics. quite a beating you got at the auto shop...owch. A buddy showed me how
                    to replace my brakes bout 2 years ago and it was easier than i'd feared and saved me some cheddar.

PPQ, nicely done on the work boundaries...something that took me a while to figure out.

SK, great to see you are up and fighting through some annoyances. what kinds of things on computer
                    are giving you drop down boxes?

Sam, it must be your live music...can't think of how else your chickens would be laying in this weather.

Treegirl, yes I'm still making it to gym and meditation/RR 4 or 5 times per week going tonight which I'm looking forward to.

Splurged and got some steaks yesterday...holy smokes i feel amazing after eating one of them... just bouncing around like a royal nut.
                    Then today made my version of a Malaysian chicken rendang... super exotic and mucho spicy. fun fun

Pauly, sounds like a circus over there... at least the air dryer isn't providing you any drama!

Ironically I jut got a call a couple hours ago from an outfit I'd applied to work for a couple weeks ago and they want to interview me. hmmm?
                    It's a really neat sounding job so I'll at least meet with them since I've only just begun training at the current outfit. from a big fat 'nothing' to feeling
                    like I have some value.. kind of fun anyhoo.

time to rest a bit after passing another wiring schematic test, then pack my gym bag.

be well loves!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

SK...Victoria can be beautiful while we're still in the middle of winter. Never knew about the Romanian Gypsies. Glad you're feeling better. We hired a building superintendent who lasted about 2 weeks when he had an attack of vertigo. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks and never did come back to work. As far as the drop down boxes, what appears in them? Is it something like Back, Forward, Reload, Save As....? It is possible that the buttons on your mouse are configured backwards as if for a left handed person. Are you left handed?

Sam...sounds like a good tractor, I'd keep that one. LOL Although we got hit with the deep freeze today we've managed to avoid the snowfall/winter storms, they're all around us right now so that may change over the weekend.

Pauly...steal away. I actually took a pack of QTips to work today and have them in my desk to hand out when the situation calls for it. Doing ribs tonight but I have left over chicken that I'm going to make soup out of tomorrow. Perfect weekend for something simmering on the stove.

Mick...yup, when you hear that squealing it's probably too late to just replace the pads. Learned that the hard way but learned my lesson. You have more snow than I do right now. Go figure! Just so you know our rabbits turn white in the winter so they can hide. They're not having much luck this winter. Great tip on cutting the cheese before the Lee & Perrins, I actually visualized it running off the sandwich when you mentioned it yesterday. LOL Work was ace today. Finished off some stuff I'd been putting aside while dealing with Atilla the Accountant, did hall viewings with two brides and then told the boss I was taking the afternoon off. Stocked up on groceries for the weekend as I'm not planning on getting out of my PJ's till Monday morning.

Det...it's always the way. When you're not working you can't find a job and when you start work the offers start coming in. You make sure you weigh all the pros and cons as it sounds like you're at a very positive place right now. Don't ever kid yourself, you have value! Now I want a steak!

Shout out to Lav and Pi...see you on the flip side....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had snow all day long but it only added another inch or two on top of what we already had. That's fine with me
                        I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned this morning so YB offered to drive in his truck with 4WD. We still slid around corners in that big heavy thing, geez.

Mick, I did get your message this morning just didn't have any time to do anything about it, haha, sorry.
                        Glad you got your brakes done, they're kinda important. I think your bunnies need colorful coats so they don't disappear in the snow.

Det, when it rains it pours, huh?? Two employers paying attention to you, nice.

PQ, last evening I was just responding to one of Mick's jokes.....LOL
                        So I have to ask - what does ether do for a tractor? Put it to sleep????
                        Glad you didn't get a dumping of snow.

Pauly, a dose of Tylenol will takes care of the kids complaints after getting shots. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that vaccines save lives, true side effects are minimal & certainly not a reason to avoid getting your kid vaccinated. That outbreak of measles currently in Portland is very sad & completely preventable.
                        I had all those damn childhood illnesses & they were not fun. The boy who lived next door to us ended up with encephalitis & partially paralyzed legs when he had measles. It was sad & life changing.

SK, glad to see you back. Did you ever find out the cause of the vertigo?
                        Losing my passwords would kill me, haha!!!

Sam, yesterday I got 1 egg from 12 chickens, today I got 5. Hard to tell when they feel like going to work, haha!

Hello to Cyn & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone. Looking forward to 35 degrees tomorrow - that's above freezing!!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Nearly nitey-nite time here... I have been very productive, though I did take a substantial nap after getting the pup out of the house for a vet exam... turns out he has an infection, so I'm glad I followed my instinct and got him in. Only 5 degrees, it was sunny and I thought it was pleasant out. But once I walked in the door I hit the wall. So I was glad to be home so I could rest.

Lav, 42 in the house! Ouch! Glad that YB figured that out in a hurry. Loved the story of the grandson... you must have impressed him. Is it possible that he has gotten some of the genes from his mom? I hope he doesn't have to suffer from ADHD or something. Mick, I loved the pics! Your landscape is similar to mine.. And the wall painting job is excellent! What a little village you have created... Pauly, I forgot that you had chickens at one time... sounds interesting! SK, so good to see you posting, sorry about the passwords, that is a bummer. I keep mine in an excel file that has a ridiculous name... hopefully no hacker will find it. Otherwise I can't cope! PPQ, I love the Qtips idea; I must share it with my stepdaughter, who is encountering a terrible leader in her job, sigh. Det, you always have value, whether the rest of the word or even you yourself know it! We are all stardust. Sam, glad your weather hasn't been terrible, and that the girls are laying - fresh eggs! Hello to Pi.

Must close now, as my eyes are closing! Cheers to all for a nice weekend...

Comment

morning all ...how are we today then|?good I hope ...another frozen landscape here today ,though the sun is coming out ..a promised temp of 4 today ...brakes on car done..possibly going out detecting tomorrow..have you seen this

Iron Age chariot found by metal detectorist could fetch up to PS1m after it is declared as treasure

I have a part of a chariot ..called a terret ring..kind of like the nut and bolt from those days ..

quick brew time ..rabbits are sunning themselves in the greenhouse ..

so Lav shiny new clean teef?good for you ...are you kid watching the weekend or have you got peace?

hia sk ....how are you then today ?good Ihope....have you got all your passwords sorted out now?hows the cats doing?

hi tg ..hows the pup doing ?hope it is ok ..dont know about you but I start getting paranoid about these 2 getting ill...Yes I have plans for that wall..as for passwords ...I have mine saved to a pendrive ...encoded ,all I need to do is remember one ..even that is hard at times !!!!!

hia pauly how are you today then? all good? do you work the weekends too?if not you any plans ?

hia ppqp...how are you doing today then?hope all is well..cards yesterday?

hiya everyone else going to have to get my skates on..will be back later
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                              another frigid morn but by next week we're in the 60's??? strange, but I'll take it. played at an open mike event at a local winery. folks sure are loud when they drink! we had fun playing a small set then went back to the fiddler's home and played till about midnight. fun times, but a little tired, thankful I can wake up sans hangover. I get to do it all over again, this time in the afternoon with a different group. This will be the last time this group will be together, the cello player is moving to Colorado, what a musical voice the cello has!

well shakin the cobwebs and out to feed.
                              be well good friends.
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, raining here already this morning supposed to get alot,, we'll see, just a quick hello this morning much love to all and have a great BF Saturday, back later
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X