w/c Feb 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c Feb 17

MAE ALL...Tis me home again, driving through white out conditions. Hope this is a one day event.

Pi...Sorry about the runaround, what a pain. Hope you can get him in for a test. I'll join you at Micks. I'm sure he has room.

Pauly...settled on Chicken Pot Pie for supper.

Lav...forgot when you snow was supposed to hit. You be safe out there.

Have a relaxing evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Folks,

Yep, we had about 4" of snow I guess with a nice layer of ice on top. Don't care for the ice but we didn't lose power so I won't complain, much!!
      I knew I wasn't going anywhere so I spent time in the kitchen making a big pot of barley mushroom soup in the IP. Love that stuff
      Son & grandsons showed up this morning to load their truck full of firewood. I'll have to think of some way to make him pay for that, haha!!

Det, I had to go out to the bird feeder a couple of times today to chase the bigger bids away. I noticed 3 or 4 cardinals waiting patiently for their turn at the feeder & the bigger bullies wouldn't move - so I moved them, haha!
      I hope something in the rental dept opens up soon for you.

Cyn, staying busy as always
      My roses always seem to attract beetles too who like to chew the leaves. My remaining rose is a climber, red roses. The poor thing blooms every June then gets chewed up. I heard the local driving here today was rough so please don't put yourself out there if you get ice!

Pauly, on the afternoons I watch the boys I always have something mostly prepared so all I have to do is finish it off when it's time to eat. It's not easy watching two kids, trying to keep them alive AND cook at the same time

PQ, enjoy whatever weather break you are blessed with - really! My granddaughter's BD party is at an arboretum where they take the kids out to do some nature thing. I think they will be doing a maple tree tapping demo. Pretty cool!

Pie, is it really difficult getting your Dad out of his house to go to a lab? If it is, then tell the VA you need someone to come to his house to draw blood. They have all kinds of outpatient services but you usually need to ask. I actually used to draw my Mom's blood at home & take it to the lab. The last year of her life she was pretty much immobile. I had the skill so I just got it done.

Mick, your flower baskets are beautiful. I'm jealous because we won't have access to flowers like that for quite a while.
      Sounds like your farmer friend has a good plan for his growing tunnel (hoop house). I hope it works out for him.
      I don't think I want to end up in someone's jewelry......creepy...…..

Hello to SK & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Wishing all a good night before I stagger upstairs to bed. Pauly, this moon was amazing, I went outside to see it - there was a kind of soft but bright blue light everywhere, and the trees were casting such long shadows... amazing. But I also have had wild dreams and am not sleeping that well - never underestimate the power of the moon! Hope you feel better soon. Lav, is your storm done ? Ours is just starting... yep 4-6 inches of snow , then ice. Supposed to get to 50 tomorrow with rain, but I'll believe it when I see it... thx for the warning! PPQ, so sorry for you having to drive in a white-out, sheesh, that sounds terrible. Glad you got home safely. SK, how are the midnight rampaging kittens? All quiet on the TX front? Det, hope all is going well for you. I miss my cardinals - tomorrow I'm putting out different food and suet cakes, we'll see... Mick, amazing flowers! We are a couple of months away from that... I think I might be able to swing pansies... trying to find something to brighten the front door and the back deck for showings... not too many options this early. Hello to Sam and Pi, I hope all is well.

Ran around getting errands done before the latest snow/ice event, then made some food via the IP - I'm getting hooked! Also got organized to start the whole-basement painting - got about a quarter of the job done, wow it sure looks better. Consequently I am worn out, so bed is beckoning -- I wish all a good sleep and a great Thursday to come.

Comment

mornin all...how are we today then? hope we are all good .weather over here not bad ..no snow no rain ...just overcast ..Its supposed to warm up this week ...we shall see .

hiya pie ,how are you today then?good I hope .If you are stuck for projects ,I can contract some out!Strangely enough the medication my brother was on ..it shot his kidneys for a while ...no one mentioned it .sometimes the side effects are a damn sight worse than the original issue!

hiya Pauly ..how are you today then? hopefully good ..get that tip jar filled up !

hiya tree ...basement painting? best of luck ..a one colour job is it?Goodidea with theflowers ..it certainly adds that selling charm.best of luck with the weather .

hiya Lav ..hows you then today?hope all is well.I had the same problem ,chasing away the squirrels magpies and pigeons.We get little goldfinches with red crests ,they are lovely.If I could Id send you some plants over! My camelias are budding nearly opening now .Im sure you will find a way to make son to pay for the firewood!!

hiya ppqp..hows you then ..whiteout still there?plenty of room here for you !you take care in that weather ..

big shout to everyone else .

Internet dating - the odds are good but the goods are odd

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

Unless the reason for your criticism is that they have rancid athletes foot.

This is Top Secret. (Don't tell anyone this.)
          This is Bottom Secret. (Don't tell anyone this either.)

A woman has just done her shopping and is taking a shortcut home through the park. Suddenly a man jumps out of the bushes, opens his raincoat and exposes himself.

The woman takes a deep breath, looks down at her shopping bags, slaps her palm to her forehead and says:

"Fcking knew it! I forgot the shrimps!"

A 90 year old woman was beaten to death in church by her husband, after constantly complaining it was always cold where they sat.

The coroner's report cited the cause of death as pew-moanier

After tucking their three-year-old child Sammy in for bed one night, his parents heard sobbing coming from his room. Rushing back in, they found him crying hysterically. He managed to tell them that he had swallowed a penny and he was sure he was going to die. No amount of talking helped.

His father, in an attempt to calm him down, palmed a penny from his pocket and pretended to pull it from Sammy's ear. Sammy was delighted.

In a flash, he snatched it from his father's hand, swallowed it,then cheerfully demanded, "Do it again, Dad!"

A woman goes into Big W to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday.She doesn't know which one to get, so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter.The Big W salesman is standing there, wearing dark glasses. She says, "Excuse me. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel"?

He says, "Madam, I'm completely blind; but, if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound it makes".

She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.

He says, "That's a two meter Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 5-kg.Test line. It's a good all around combination, and it's on sale this week for $44".

She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it"! As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Visa card", he says.As the lady bends down to pick up the card, she accidentally passes wind.At first she is really embarrassed but then realizes there is no way the blind salesman could tell it was her that passed wind and so acts as if nothing had happened.

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $55.50 please".

The woman is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me it was on sale for $44. How did you get to $55.50"?

Well madam "The Duck Caller is $11.50 extra

Sms One Liners
          - News: 3 Chimps escaped from the zoo... 1 was caught watching tv... another playing football and the third one was caught reading this txt message

- God made man and then rested. God made women and then no one rested

- The longest sentence known to man: "I do."

- Crime doesn't pay...Does that mean my job is a crime?

- This dog, is dog, a dog, good dog, way dog, to dog, keep dog, an dog, idiot dog, busy dog, for dog, 20 dog, seconds dog! ... Now read without the word dog.

- Why were males created before females? Cos you always need a rough draft before the final copy.

- ALGEBRA: A weapon of math destruction.

- Don't spend £2 to dry-clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it, put it on a hanger. Next morn buy it back for 50p.

- Do you ever notice that when you're driving, anyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone driving faster than you is a maniac?

- What did the elephant say to the naked man?
          How do you breathe through that thing?

- What happened when the Pope went to Mount Olive?
          Popeye beat the crap outta him.

- I've used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

- A 3-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and says: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

- What's the diff between a Rottwieler and a Poodle? If Rotty starts humping your leg, let it finish.

- Aim for the stars. But first, aim for their bodyguards.

- Two goldfish are in a tank. One says to the other, "Do you know how to drive this thing?"

- The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

- WOMAN: The most efficient money reducing agent known to man-kind!

- Why was Phillip's girlfriend annoyed? Coz she found out that Phillips 24 inch was a TV.

- Why did Tigger stick his head in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh

- Any woman that thinks the way to a mans heart is through his stomach is aiming just a little too high.

- I'm late for work because the train driver had an out of body experience and didn't come back for a day and a half.

- I like Kids. But I don't think I could eat a whole one.

- How many men do you need for a mafia funeral? Only one. To slam the car boot shut.

- What do you call a Lada/Skoda at the top of a hill? A mira

- What are 3 words you never wanna hear whilst making love? Honey, I'm home!

- What do you get when you cross ESP with PMS? A btch who knows everything.

- How do you save a man from drowning? Take yer foot of his head.

- Q: How many men does it take to change a toilet roll?A: We don't know. Never happens.

- Why do farts smell? For benefit of the d

- I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

- It's no accident that stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

- Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

- You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

- My Reality Check bounced.

- Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open.

ppqp,,,

The Bank of Canada is warning people to stop drawing Spock on their money - Alien Star
          Last edited by Mick; February 21, 2019, 02:51 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick love the jokes especially internet dates,the kid with the penny and the shrimp! PQ,glad you got home safe,sounds scary! Roast in the crock pot and will slice it up to put on rolls with brown gravy and mashed potatoes Pie,I hafta be prepared for dinner or I panic and grab something weird,waves to all and have a great BF Thursday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              replying to your post pie ...have you seen this ? my friend told me about it

9 Carat Gold - Selection of Jewellery
              Memorial jewelry with cremation ashes? Who knew??

Comment

Pauly, I completely understand the benefits of doing meal planning, it's just a mystery to me how you make it part of your routine. Guess I skipped class that day.

I'm taking Dad for his lab work this morning. That it's raining will just add to the fun of maneuvering him in his wheelchair. Looking forward to having this adventure in my rear view mirror.

Y'all have fun out there today!

Comment

Hidy ho ABarooooohs!

oh my, snowing in Vegas again! this time up in my neck of the woods also. Weather was so crap last night that the facilitator
                  and I were the only ones at the RR meeting. I rather like the tiny meetings when they happen. Had a great 'sit'.

PPQ, too funny but yes! "Det...glad to hear they let you back in the gym. LOL"

Pauly, roast with gravy sounds perfect for this weather.

Mick, good weather there means more treasure hunting perhaps?

Lav, I'm jealous of your bird report.

Treegirl, does the IP brown/caramelize foods at all? just curious.

ok, off the seize the carp!

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening folks,

2/3 of yesterday's snow melted today because the temp went up to 54 degrees
                    Of course we now have monumental mud to deal with, oh well.
                    The day old hatchlings arrived at the feed store today so I spent today getting things ready & will go pick up some new chicks tomorrow. Exciting times!!!!

PQ, sorry I didn't see your post last night. I hope you didn't get snowed in or anything

Cyn, I used to do almost all of the painting then stopped because it was killing my allergies. I love a freshly painted room.
                    Hope you are getting enough rest but it sounds like you are eating well via IP

Pie, how did it go getting your dad to the lab today? Hope you both had a pleasant outing!

Mick, it's true, medications can be very toxic & potentially damaging to the heart & kidneys. I hope your brother gets over that soon.
                    I'll have to be content now with a handful of new chicks, the flowers will wait.

Pauly, having a dinner plan when raising a family is a MUST, right?

Det, still had lots of birds at the feeder today, they like my offerings, haha!
                    Yes, the IP has a saute feature so I throw the onions, peppers & garlic in there & cook as usual. When that's done, you toss in everything else & close it up to do the pressure cooking. Only one stainless pot to clean up after dinner!!!!
                    Snow in Las Vegas HAS to be due to climate change, don't you think??

Hello to Sam, hope all is going well.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Spent the afternoon preparing for my Garden Meeting tonight. We're getting ready for our AGM next month. Went to lock up rooms when I left and realized one room had not been set for a client meeting tonight. Crap! Texted the boss and told him I would stay and setup. He showed up just as I was finishing. So it's a quick turn around as I'm heading out right away. Quick look at the posts and everyone sounds good and surviving their own special weather systems. Pauly...saw the pictures of the snow on the news. May post when I get home or may be too tired. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lost a long post. No auto-restore.

My cleaning ladies came today and I went outside to wait for uber, I came back in to grab my phone and they were unloading THEIR laundry. I was so disappointed because I treat her very well and pay her above the regular rate. No wonder my detergent pods were disappearing from the laundry room. She has been also using stain remover, drying sheets and liquid febreeze, and she has been cleaning for me for 2 years.

Lav, sorry about your ice and mud. You've had a bad winter. In WA state, mud used to mean muddy floors from dogs. You do enjoy some nice birds. Maybe I do have one bird you don't have, a mockingbird, probably Pie does too.

Mick, your hanging baskets are fabulous and your entryway is very smart. I imagine you are good with roses. The David Austin roses with all those delicate petals would never survive in the Texas heat. We are in zone 9. The picture of your train, etc. is so well done and life-like. Finches like the feeding tubes and niger thistle seed. They are so adorable.

Lav, you do get a lot of nice birds. Maybe there is one I get, the mockingbird that you don't get. It's the national bird of TX. I am excited too about the little chicks, how sweet. Sorry about your mud.

Pauly, I think it's important to plan the meals too, yum to roast beef.

Det, I have a small saucepan packed, I've hesitated with the big one because it was so difficult to lift with the broken wrist, but UPS is coming to pick it up. I hope it gets there inside of 3 weeks. Still sounding stong, I love it.
                        Pie, did you manage to get your father fixed up?

Cyn, busy Cyn, glad you got finished what you needed. I didn't see the moon. Cardinals love sunflower seeds.

Mold on roses? water only the base and spray with baking soda and water.

Got to go. Goodnight all.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Lav, thanks for the note on the IP. Looks like I'll have to grab one once I've moved into a place.

PPQ, chicken pot pie sounds perfect for your weather i must say.

snowfall in Vegas is rare-ish but no miracle. the record of almost 17 inches (wow) was in 1949.

just popped in again to say I'm watching a most quaint scifi from 1956 called 'fire maidens of outer space'.
                          it's a trip!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

SK, cross posted with you dear. Thanks so much and please don't do anything painful on my behalf.
                            xooxxox

Yes, feeling strong and it's simply grand. Can't beat it.

bummer about the cleaning lady. Can you just have a heart 2 heart with her? hope it works out, good help
                            is indeed hard to find.

just picked up a side job today.. wow. selling fire equipment to the local agencies. i have some knowledge of it from
                            my past agency sales but still some interesting things to learn.

ciao again loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Det yay on the side job! SK,if you like the cleaning lady maybe take Dets advice and sit her down for a talk? It isn't right and I'd be pissed but maybe she doesn't have a washer at home? TBH I've taken a few loads to my shop years ago when our washer broke,the kids were still in school and absolutely needed clean clothes,just a thought Lav yep it's essential to have everything ready for dinners with the boys Romeo is really clingy and it's hard to cook with him around,feel really brain foggy this morning off for more coffee,much love and have a great BF Friday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon a ll ...wow what a gorgeous day so far.it is 21 degrees the sun is shining luverly those 2 are out playing ...sorry sunbathing !!I was even going to cut the grass but it isnt quite dry enough for that

20190222_085505.jpg

20190222_144338.jpg

hiya SK ...first reaction to your post re the cleaning lady ?ditch her ..because she is actually stealing. but long deep breath and have a think ..ok she knows you ,she I presume that she is pretty good at cleaning ..so I would sit down and front her up about it ..after all you are in the driving seat..she is getting paid by you ..her option is leave or get sacked ..the result is the same ..no money.Im sure she will still work for you ...but can you trust her ..?thats the biggy..Is she in a position to steal goods or money?That call has got to be yours ..hope you come up with the right decision .

Hiya pauly ,hows the foggy brain?cleared up I hope ...soon the weekend..you got any plans?

hiya Det ...how are you then mate?good I hope.Is the snow still there?

hiya ppqp ..hows you then..all good Ihope ..did you get everything sorted out with the room etc?

hiya Lav..how are you today then?any more raccoon antics?phew ...this weather .....its ace ...supposed to be a grand weekend too..

hiya pie ..you ok today?I hope so ...

right folks ......be good .

Xi Jinping, the Chinese premier, is apparently devastated by the death of the Monkees bass player. He was overheard saying ‘Now I’m a bereaver’.

Frankly, this whole Shamima Begum fiasco keeps getting Syria and Syria.

I had just finished up operating in surgery, and I asked Nurse Richards, "Can you call my mobile... I seem to have misplaced it."

"Fck..." I thought, as I then heard the barely audible ringing by my patient's spleen.
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X