Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c Feb 17

Hello everyone.

I fired her and re-hired her, lol. I totally got the wrong end of the stick. The bags of laundry were her large dusters that she uses on her feet to eliminate any streaks and the missing pods had fallen to the side of the washing machine. I apologized and it's all good. Mick, if she finds a quarter she leaves it on top of the counter. I wish I hadn't jumped the gun but that's the way it is. The bob cat sauntered along in front of my patio today, but didn't jump in. It looks like a lynx and it's scientific name is lynx rufus.

Good job on the extra side job, every little bit helps.

Thanks for your advice, Pauly.

Cold, rainy and 42 deg. here

Hi to everyone else.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...:rant: Just lost 2 posts in a row! :rant: I will try again later....PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cloudy & mid 40's here today but it could be worse. Heavy rain coming tomorrow into Sunday. I hope my granddaughter's party plans don't get washed out. Keeping my fingers crossed for that
        I brought 8 new chicks home today - 4 Barred Rocks & 4 Buff Orpingtons, adorable. They were just hatched Wednesday & flown from wherever to my local feed store. Didn't take too long to make themselves comfy & ate themselves into a coma by 2 pm, LOL

Det, I think you will find lots of creative uses for the IP. Good for big batch cooking rice, beans, etc. I've even 'baked' an apple cake in mine believe it or not. You can brown meat all you like but just make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the inner pot before you seal it up to pressure cook or you'll get a 'Burn notice'.
        Congrats on the PT job, that's great!

SK, sorry to hear about the drama with your cleaning lady, stuff happens. Glad you worked everything out OK!
        I hang a bag of niger seed from my bird feeder too for the finches, orioles, etc. The day I see a bobcat out my window is the day I have a coronary, haha! I've seen wandering horse, cows & goats around here & of course our resident fox. That's enough!!!! Oh, we also have plenty of groundhogs, skunks & possums, haha!

Pauly, I guess you didn't make a snowman on your school holiday?? LOL

PQ, yikes, you're working like a madwoman!!!! I hope you have peaceful weekend in your jammies

Mick, you really do have an early spring going on there, lucky you!
        The bird feeder was left untouched overnight, no more raccoon visits, thankfully.

Hello to Cyn & Pie & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then? over here its 19degrees ...sunshine ..I am actually going to sit outside after ..well not sit ..but cut the grass etc..its a scorcher ...its speedos on time ...ha not ...rabbits are loving it ...just lie in the sun ..some nugget human brings them food ..sleep ..bit of a walk ..lokk interested in eating grass whilst waiting for the good stuff ..

out detecting tomorrow .up near York ..buried treasure abounds the place ..yeah right ..

ok afternoon tea ..

hiya sk ..hows you ..bit of a faux pas with the cleaning woodman ..still no harm done ...and now she knows that you have clocked her so any chances of doing it are now minimised.any more sightings of bob the cat?....
          have a good day

ppqp...2 posts lost ? ..dont take up fencing thatll be a non starter...!!how you doing ? ok ? whats the weather like on that side of the wureld?you getting big fat suns too?

hiya Lav..hows the chicks doing?next time I go up to my friends farm Ill take a load of pics of what he has got .Its like a zoo up there ...he is now keeping canaries too ...so thats another addition to the circus.

just been to check the rabbits they are sprawled out in the sun..

hiya everyone else ...have a great weekend ..

Wow, some great news, a fantastic budget surplus during the run up to Brexit.

Myself and the rest of the queue at the food bank were fcking enthralled at this announcement.

I charge £400 for an hour of my time.

Still waiting for my first gardening job.

I wish I'd been sent to boarding school when I was a child.
          I'd love to be able to surf.

A man in Liverpool has been arrested after driving a digger through the doors of a city-centre hotel amid a £600 pay dispute.

Observers were shocked by the trail of devastation left by the suspect, although they were less so when he stole the towels.

Our Parliament is so fcking dim you could process film in the Cabinet room.

Last week I visited my proctologist's office for my first rectal exam.

His new nurse, Evelyn, took me to an examining room and told me to get undressed, have a seat and wait until the doctor was available. She said that he would only be a few minutes.

I changed and donned the green knee-length gown the nurse gave me. As I sat down I noticed there were three items on the stand next to the examination table:

A Tube of K-Y jelly,
          A rubber glove
          And a beer

When the doctor finally arrived I said, "Hey Doc, I'm a little confused, this is my first exam... I know about the K-Y and the glove but I cannot imagine why you have the beer?

At that Doctor Paul became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the door

He flung the door open and yelled at the top of his voice to his nurse...

"Dang it Evelyn !!! I said a Butt Light "!

9 Ways To Apologize from Around the World

Japan Tokyo
          A man accidentally tore a girl's short miniskirt in Tokyo . Before the guy had a chance to apologize, the single lady took a 90 degree bow, then said: "I am sorry to give you trouble! The quality of the skirt is not all that good". Then she took out a pin, put the skirt back together and left.

New York
          Time Square, New York , a man accidentally tore a girl's miniskirt. Before the guy had a chance to react, the single lady pull out a name card, gave it to him and said: "This is my lawyer's business card. He will contact you about this sexual harassment. It is better that you prepare yourself, then we will see you in court".

Paris France
          A French man accidentally tore a girl's miniskirt. Before the man opened his mouth, the young single lady said with a smile "If you do not mind, a red rose can represent your apology". The French man bought her a rose, then they went to a bar, and lastly, they went to a small hotel discussing what was under the miniskirt.

London, Thames England
          In the Church Square by The Thames, an English man accidentally tore the mini skirt of a young single lady. Before the English man opened up his mouth, the young lady covered her tore spot, then said with a blush on her face: "Do you mind taking me home sir? I live very close". The English man took his jacket off, put on her shoulders, call a cab, then took her home safely.

China, Chong Qing
          A man accidentally cut open the miniskirt of a young lady. Before the man said anything, the young lady slapped the guy, then: "You, the sex maniac. Dare to take advantage of me, I will send you to the labor camp".

Taiwan, Shimending
          A man accidentally tore a girl's short miniskirt. Before the guy started to speak, the girl smiled and said: "We have not come up with a price yet, and you are going to inspect the merchandise"?

Hong Kong
          In the Time Square of Hong Kong, a man accidentally tore a girl's miniskirt. She was only 18 years old. Before the man opened his mouth, the girl screamed: "XXXXX your mother, you think I am a cheap street walker? Watch out, I will get someone to peel off your skin".

Korea
          On the street of Yinchong, a man accidentally tore a girl's miniskirt. Before the man speaks, the girl gave him a round kick, then said: "Don't you know that I am a black belt in Tai Kwan Dao".

Thailand, Bangkok
          A man accidentally tore the miniskirt of an 18 year old girl. Before the man start to apologize, the girl gave a Buddha wai with her hands in a gesture of respect: "No worries darling, we are all men".

The following assessment was developed by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University ...

Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake.

This is this cat.

This is is cat.

This is how cat.

This is to cat.

This is keep cat.

This is an cat.

This is old cat.

This is fart cat.

This is busy cat..

This is for cat.

This is forty cat.

This is seconds cat.

The average person over 45 years of age cannot do it! How many did you get right?

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, yes Mick do take pics next time you go too tired to do the cat thing,I'll try again later,SK,ugh,I'd be so embarrassed but like Mick says at least she knows not to mess with SK haha PQ,dunno what's on for tonight maybe frozen pizza,forgot to brag about my roast the other day I pan seared it with lots of onions,garlic and mushrooms then threw it in the crockpot all day with a bit of soy sauce,it turned out soooo good I was impressed with myself! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE all - just lost the beginning of a post when i foolishly hit AutoRestore and it gave me a post from days ago... oh well! On the fly again today, going into the city this afternoon, a meeting there tomorrow morning, then back home. Predicted snow /ice/gale force winds event here - i’m trying to figure out a safe space for the dog to go out... he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of Thaw/freeze... he headed down rhe hill again this morning...

Glad all is seems to be going OK for folks; SK, yay, you cleared the air and have a good cleaner still, bravo. Lav, love to near about those new chicks - i’ll be happy to take your rain, i’m done with ice. Det, good job on the PT- you’ll be thrilled with the IP in no time. Mick, i feel warmer just hearing about your weather - thanks for the beautiful pics. PPQ, sorry about the lost posts! I hope you have a good weekend in store. Hi to Sam and Pi, hoping all is well.

Making headway on all fronts here - taxes, homeu clearout, painting the basement (i even earned 2 Organizing continuing ed certificates while listening to lectures as i paint), will go early to the train about an hour away and going to hit Home Depot, Marshalls and the crafts store for Home Staging supplies... here we go...

Take care all...

Comment

X-post Pauly, yum on the roast!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Keeping this short and sweet for now. Temps have dropped to -16C and it snowed all night. Time for coffee to help wake up. Will be back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

It's 74 majorly muggy degrees here. Just flipped on the A/C to dry out the indoor air a bit. PQ, if we could just average our temps, all would be peachy!

SK, I once worked with a woman who described herself as a mockingbird. She got it right!

Dad was a very good sport about getting his labwork done. He'll have to go back on Monday though to see primary care doc about needed refills. His wife will take him, which I greatly appreciate. The woman is a godsend!

Comment

sneeze, hack, atchoo ABeroooos!

yep, went and got myself a nasty head cold but it's not slowing down my game too much.

Got up my courage to attend a meetup group '40's + singles coffee' this morning and had
                      a really lovely time. My fears over what things will be like are so overblown. Thankfully I'm making
                      strides in that department as I am in many others.

Can't chat long as I'm getting ready for RR meeting. Not feeling super 'up' for it but we have some new
                      folks coming and they may need help finding the room, and of course i know it will be great for me as always.

SK, a lynx! that is totally neato.

Pauly, well done on the cooking win!

Mick, so very nice and green there as always... love it

ok I'm off. be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cloudy & a bit chilly, light rain this afternoon. Tonight into tomorrow is supposed to be heavy rain & 55mph wind gusts. Not sure what that's going to do to my granddaughter's BD party 10A-12N. They may have to skip the outdoor part where they are shown how to tap maple trees for sugar, oh well.

Mick, you are done with spring already & into summer heat?? Wow!
                        The chicks are doing great, no problems. Tomorrow I will switch off the heat lamp so I can get a pic of them without the weird red lighting.

Pauly, your roast idea sounds good! Creative cooking is awesome! Hope your day went well.

Cyn, we have no ice, just a tiny bit of snow left which will be washed away overnight Tomorrow is heading up to 60 degrees after all the rain. I hope some warmth moves your way. I hope your busy weekend goes well.

PQ, so sorry you are dealing with epic winter weather. Stay warm!

Pie, Glad your dad was cooperative with his outing
                        Good that his wife can handle stuff too. Now you need to find something fun to do this weekend in your sultry environment.

Det, feel better soon & enjoy your meeting.

SK, any animal sightings today? We had another overnight visit from the raccoon. He leaves the lid open after he empties the bird feeder, ugh.

Have a nice night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody Det I have something similar think its the funky weather that brought something in,woke in the middle of the night with a sore throat but I feel OK now except my head feels like a balloon haha,Romeo is sick with an ear infection and keeps getting them,might hafta do tubes like Brady had as a tot Lav,is there anything natural for babies to avoid them? Hope granddaughters party goes OK,PQ,your post sounded tired,is everything OK? I've decided I hate my job again,nothing ever gets fixed we've had a broken sink for two months,manager is a loratabbed out wimp! The new lady she hired had the balls to bring her dog to work on Friday and the "manager" didn't say shit! Much as I love dogs,I'd have sent her ass home and said take him home then come back,its illegal to have animals in the shop unless its a service animal,one of my friends said the dog was upset in the back so the lady put it under her station and would pet it while cutting hair! Can't touch a dog then touch someone's head! Gross! Sorry for the rant maybe I'll put the rest in paulysville haha! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow, where is everyone today??

Pauly, I don’t think I like your job either. Time to move on kiddo, go somewhere else.
                            Sorry about Romeo’s ear troubles. Some kids are just prone to that, some aren’t. I’ll have to look around for some reference material on avoiding ear infections in little ones. All I can think of now is to be sure he’s well hydrated tohelp keep his sinuses open, maybe a nebulizer in his room too to add some humidity.

The birthday party was fun, 18 little girls but all well behaved. They were taken outside for a demo on tapping maple sugar from the trees, cool.
                            My chicks are happy but camera shy for now.

E73E07D0-8429-40C9-80B5-B3A097F0362D.jpg

Mick. Hope you are OK!

PQ, hope you are OK as well!

Hello to Cyn, Det, SK, Pie & Sam.

The wind has picked up as predicted, we’ll be lucky if the power stays on.
                            Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hey all,
                              been a bit busy, seems like it is getting to be that time of year and my help took a vacation so been doing the do solo. Lots of walking! Lav, cute chicks, looks like not just buffs either! yes the wind is really up here as well, feeding cattle in this muck is ridiculous, maybe a little wind will help dry things out. Been practicing lately for St. Patty's day.

so over the holidays a family member who's been sober for about 10 years told me he decided to drink again, it left me rather puzzled, but I knew his wife liked to have a drink in the evening, but they've been like this for many years. I guess he was telling me because, well I'm not really sure, we don't live near one another. Anyway, been thinking about this off and on and wondering why anyone would want to feel the agony of a hangover after all those years of not having one. I've grown very comfortable in my own non-hungover world and I am puzzled and a little saddened by his choice.

so on to other adventures, decided to try a cold brew coffee maker, not as much acid, as I tend to drink a lot of coffee, remnants of working night shifts years ago. It's ok but miss my french press!.

well all for now, be well good friends
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X