14th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14th April

Mae everybody,I was so busy at work yesterday I didn't hear about Notre Dame until the evening news! Usually I check my phone during the day but didn't have a chance to,very sad indeed! Just a quick one this morning back later,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just checking in as I'm off for my colonoscopy. Glad when I can eat again. Will check in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

oy oy ABeroooos!

quick pre-work hidy ho to all.

PPQ, hope you get some good news at the doc. Mick, great funnies to start us up... grazie.

Lav, good job on ducking the tornado. Sounds like the YB op won't be too freaky which is good.

work is going super well happy to say. Have some time off tomorrow to photo my cousin's graduation
        which should be fun.

still trying to get this darn trailer sold... argh.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
          MAE ALL...

Just checking in as I'm off for my colonoscopy. Glad when I can eat again. Will check in later.....:smile:PPQP
          Hope all goes well PQ

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Prep work completed...check, Traffic slow but moving...check, Clean scope...check, Afternoon Off...Priceless.
            Off to fill up this empty tummy. Will check back in....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

PPQ, oh gosh I'm glad that all went well. I really hate that test, but it is good to do, I guess. Enjoy food and the evening off!

Lav, holy cow we had a helluva storm night before last... ferocious downburst winds, lost power in the night (got it back around 10 AM...) and torrential rain. I don't remember anyone talking about a storm of that magnitude was on its way, oh well. I was cranky to once again be picking up an acre of tree branches, geez. Two tall slender trees both fell onto one other tree, so they are at a jaunty angle, not sure what to do about that. But the landscapers will have to come with another truck for the load of stuff I just stacked... crazy.

Pauly, you don't have to tell me about being self-employed, I get it, lol! I hope you and Kell can find a place to be happy and work together, that's all. Hope the kids are not too sick...

Mick, I bet the doors look great, and love to hear about a waterfall feature, nice. How is your brother doing?

Det, wow that date sounds great... I hope things continue on a great path. Another happy day at work?

Hallo to SK, Pi and Sam hope you guys are OK. Narrily, congrats on your 5 years, awesome!

Had a long session with a client today, and now too tired too work outside as per plan... guess I'll have to deal with finances tonight, oh joy. Det, I have been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate your info about Annie Grace. I think I have been pushing myself so hard, and sometimes the work is so tiring and dismal that I have sensed that triggers are close by. After listening to a couple of her videos, I ordered both of her books and am doing the 30 day workbook... I figure it can't hurt, and I could use help to make sure my anxiety and fatigue don't take me down the wrong road. Anyway, I love the brain stuff, and wouldn't have known about her without your posts. Thanks!

Cheers to all for a good evening and happy Wednesday,,,
              Last edited by treegirl; April 16, 2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I ended up having a visit from my daughter & granddaughter today - both had the day off They haven't been here since Christmas I think.
                So that was a nice surprise.
                YB has his surgery date, May 8. It will take up most of the day, then there's the 40 mile drive to & from the hospital but it's doable. Now to keep his spirits in the positive zone!!!

Mick, glad you got your glass work done OK. I'm always nervous when people handle glass for some reason, ha ha!
                A waterfall sounds like a nice addition to the garden

Det, glad things are going well in your world. Graduation pictures, nice

Cyn, that storm didn't leave us much mess but some areas sure got it bad. Tornado warnings coming over your phone at 1 am makes for a crappy night's sleep. Sorry you had some damage but don't kill yourself cleaning it up, it will wait.
                Glad you are finding healthy ways to deal with your stress. We all know better now than we did previously, right? Keep on taking care :hug:

Pauly, hope your day was A OK!

PQ, glad your testing went well today. So did you find something good to eat? Sure hope so!!

Sam, Pie, SK, hope we hear from you guys soon, miss you.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

maeall...howarewe doing then?good I hope.pretty windy out there today ,evn the rabbits decided not to come out ..still scratching my head over the waterfall issue ..as julie says Illl think it out ...and do the opposite..tomato seedlingsare through,and so are some of the flowers.Ive also stuck multi coloured lights all over the shop ..

ok lets hae a brew..

hiya Lav ....glad you enjoyed the visit from your daughter and gd. so you have got a surgery date ...all will be well.its about time you had a visit to longwood

hiya ppqp..how are you feeling today?all well hopefully ...are you back in work today? take it easy .

hiya pauly how are you ..eating tomatoes are we?you are further on with yours than me have a good one .

tee gee !!!!hows life in the fast lane?have some me time ....sounds like that was a heavy duty storm..looked at and thought of all waterfall features ..nothing has gone ding thats it yet ...I intend to have 2 water features in the garden ..
                  you take care of yourself ..work to live remember?

hiya to everyone else ..hope you are good ..

The 5 second rule for dropped food doesn't work in our house .

After 2 seconds you would have to catch the dog and wrestle it out of his mouth

After years at my job, I finally managed to walk away with the “Employee of the Month” award.

Unfortunately security caught me at the door.

My Grandad always said: A drowning man will clutch at a straw.

Top bloke, shit lifeguard.

French firefighters have located the source of the Notre Dame fire. Someone in the belltower was ironing their shirt with a wok.

Native American Airlines have a patchy safety record.

This posh girl I went out with a few times came around to my work, and she instantly turned cold on me.

"I thought you said you were a Captain of Industry !" she said with a lot of disappointment.

"I am," I replied, "But a lot of people do think that 'Industry' is a bit odd name for my small fishing boat."
                  I told my friend 10 jokes to get him to laugh. No pun in 10 did.

I’ve decided to sell my Hoover – it was just collecting dust.

“I usually meet my girlfriend at 12:59 because I like that one-to-one time.” – Tom Ward

How does NASA organise a party? They planet.

Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards? He was just going through a stage.

“My New Year’s resolution is to get in shape. I choose round.”

“My wife – it’s difficult to say what she does. She sells seashells on the seashore.”

What did the left eye say to the right eye? Between you and me, something smells.

“I told the Inland Revenue I don’t owe them a penny. I live by the seaside.” –

My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I had to put my foot down.

“I needed a password eight characters long, so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.” –

Sometimes I tuck my knees into my chest and lean forward. That’s just how I roll.

“Toughest job I ever had? Selling doors, door-to-door.” –

A soldier survived mustard gas in battle, and then pepper spray by the police. He’s now a seasoned veteran.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick a waterfall would be nice! My dad used to have a koi pond til he got lazy with it one year the water froze cuz the pump wasn't working, surprisingly most of the fish we're alive come spring! Crazy.waves to all and back later have a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Good morning everyone, Happy to be feeling good this morning.
                      Everyone, your warm welcome and congratulations made me very happy. You Guys are the BEST :heartbeat:

Pauly, its amazing how gold fish can live even though the pond freezes? Crazy fish

hello Det, you sound great. Have a great day.

Mick, how do you find all those jokes? Wow,amazing, over.

Tree, that storm sounds crazy! Glad you are ok, and Lav, Tornado warnings? sheesh.

Today is going to be a really nice day here. I am going to enjoy it.

xo
                      Nar.

PQ, hope your colonoscopy went well. My hubby always gets them done at the Foothills hospital, his doctor is really good. So glad this election is over so we can get on with our lives.

Hello Tree
                      Last edited by narilly; April 17, 2019, 08:46 AM.
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...it's good to hear you talking about Annie Grace. I think you've been pushing yourself too hard and good for you on recognizing the triggers may be looming. It's been a crazy couple of months with trying to get your house ready for sale. Just think, when it sells you can just go back to the normal crazy. LOL My scope was a 10 year checkup so I might just pass on the next 10 year check. LOL

Lav...what a nice surprise with the daughter/gdaughter visit. Hope you can keep YB's spirits in the positive till May 8th, sounds like a tough job to me. I ended up treating myself to Surf&Turf, haven't had that in ages.

Mick...we had a pretty windy day here today, kept telling myself it's just blowing in the 20 degree temps for tomorrow. Julie knows you so well, think it out and then do the opposite. LOL Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Feeling really good today, all that extra sleep must have helped.

Pauly...hope you had a good day, I did. Menu tonight is Chicken Kiev and baked potatoes, got to get those carbs back.

Narilly... you and me both about having this election over with. Tired of hearing all the negative comments from both those parties. I wish my procedure was at the Foothills as it's just a hop, skip and a jump from home. But no, had to battle Crowchild and Glenmore to get to the Rockyview. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better, hope the wind dies down. Have you got Monday off? I'm looking forward to 4 days off.

Sam...hope you're still not dealing with shingles. Have you finished calving?

Det...we're ready for some more photos. Are you still selling on Etsy?

Time to get dinner on the go...have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Waiting for the boys & their father - they flew home today & are coming over to pick up their animals, minus 1. Unfortunately the frog croaked, literally It looked OK yesterday morning but then it disappeared in the tank. We found it shriveled up like a frog chip today.

Mick, it’s still pretty windy here as well. I hear there’s more storms working their way across the country, looks like maybe a damp weekend for us. You know we’ve been driving right by Longwood Gardens & haven’t stopped in. I think I’ll push that while YB is recovering from his surgery.

Hi Pauly & Narilly, hope you both had a good day.

PQ, a surf & turf after fasting is the bomb, haha, good for you!!
                          I think my message has been received, YB stayed civil today & that’s saying something, Lol. I keep saying how grateful I am to have such decent doctors & how lucky he is to not have to drive all the way to center city Philadelphia (such a huge hassle).

Hello to Cyn & Det, hope you guys are well.

Sam, Pie & SK, thinking of you.

Have a nice nice night everyone!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all..how arewe doing today rhen? all good I hope ..got the engineer hereatm to fix the water boiler ....its getting near its sell by date ....more dosh.com....both rabbits are out playing ...how mad is this? I picked a bin bag full of dandelions yestrday to dry for the rabbits as forage ..also still hummin and hawwing over what to do in the garden re waterfall..it will be done its a case of planning ..it not my greatest strength oh well...brew time then..

hiya Lav,hows you then today?hopefully well ....did son pick up his animals?sorry about your weekend ...ours is supposed to be good ...hope so....years ago ..I put a pond in ....so the water idea has always been there ...I did this in 3 days!it would take me longer now!

K.jpg

J.jpg

yep get up to longwood ...flowers always brighten things up ..

hiya ppqp...hows you then today? hope you are well...Chicken kiev and spuds ? ..my feed today is water ..get some lbs orf ..did you get your 20 degree weather then?

hiya Nar ...great to see you ..glad you are enjoying life ..yep sometimes its a struggle for jokes ..theres so many criteria to match ..I try and skirt them ..offensive religion politics sexual preferences etc ...so it is a struggle at times .also different senses of yoomer..from different countries..have a grand day...

hiya pauly ,hows you ? yep over the winter the fish feed off the bottom and stay dormant.I used to have koi too but the heron took them..you doing owt over the easter break?

hiya teegee ..how are you then today?hope all is well and things have slowed down for you ..

hiya sam ,pie sk et al...

Are tops of Mountains called 'The Summit' because no-one could think of a name for them:?

CONTRACTORS: Don't wear a yellow vest when pricing renovation work up for Notre Dame. The French police may kick the holy sh.t out of you.

Making money in the dog exercising business is a walk in the park.

A new survey shows that 25 to 30 year olds don't drink as much alcohol as they did 20 years ago.
                            They must have been one pissed bunch of 5 to 10 year olds.

Four Extinction Rebellion protesters have glued themselves to each other outside Jeremy Corbyn’s north London home.

Say what you will about climate activists but at least they stick together.

Prince Charles has come under fire for using Americanisms in a heartfelt letter written to the French president.
                            Fcking dumb-ass MoFo.

My granddad was highly decorated in the war.

The Germans mistook him for a Christmas tree.

I will not conform and I 'will' be a rebel.
                            I've just made cup-a-soup in a bowl.
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Just a quick one this morning, much to do before my 10 AM client.

Lav, glad the tornado didn't happen, glad the pets are picked up (sorry about the frog), congrats on keeping YB's spirits in the green zone. I know this is a trying situation, but glad to hear that you are confident in the plan and the care he is receiving. He is SO lucky to have you in his life! Seeing Longwood sound like just the ticket.

Mick, as always, thanks for the jokes, I hope it is not a burden. Good luck with the water feature planning!

PPQ, glad all is well - I agree, I think I'll skip the next one too LOL!

Pauly, how's things? What's cooking?

Det, hope the new job is chugging along.

Nar- so it sounds like you are from my favorite country - Canada! Elections are the worst... there must be some better way.

Hello to SK, Pi, and Sam (hope you are healing).

Spent a long day on the land yesterday, as it was a warm, not-windy day. In the middle of my work, the landscape guys came and picked up all the deadfall and other stuff I had made tidy piles of (all over the land). It filled the whole truck back! That's truck #2... we'll see if I get to truck #3 or not...

Wishing all a fulfilled and grateful Thursday...

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick you're only drinking water today? I'm guessing a fast? I could never PQ,surf and turf yeah! You and Narilly are lucky you don't have a long,drawn out election there,here it seems like years,I do have my eye on a guy I like for 2020 tho BLT for dinner tonight,Cyn,you seem to be taking a deep breath and keeping it more mellow these days and that's awesome,Lav,so sad about the poor frog I hope your grandsons aren't too upset,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday (already?!?!)

Comment

Working...
                                X