Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January 12, 2020

MAE ALL...

Pauly...definitely not going to chill!!! Chili turned out great, I love topping it with cheddar cheese. I am a cheese fiend. I think that will be the first thing I cut out if I ever decide to eat properly.

Mick...I've had those days where I seem really busy and it doesn't look like I've done anything. You watch out for those winds but I gotta say I'll take 7C over my -33C any day. This is supposed to come to an end this weekend with temps getting up to Mick's. It'll be a heat wave. Enjoyed an afternoon of cards, it's great when the so called boss isn't around. Ya there's been talk about who's going to pay for their security but by the sounds of it they want to be responsible themselves. They'll probably end up in Victoria especially with her mom living just south in California.

Det...I've heard of Lake Las Vegas but have never seen it. What a house, great pictures! I like the whacked-out shot of the Vegas strip, kinda looks like Mick's train setup.

Lav...thanks for the fire, I can sure use it tonight. Can hardly wait till cold snap is over! Last year we got it in February so maybe we'll get lucky. I bet the sewing machines haven't been used in awhile so yup you've got some prep work to do. Nope, won't lick any metal posts but we do walk the kids over to the school to make sure none of them think that kind of thing would be a good idea. It takes all kinds.

Waves to Sam & TG...why can't I find a wave smiley?

Popping in a frozen lasagna for dinner, that's about all the energy I have left. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Det great pics I was offered a job doing hair at Lake Las Vegas but too far to drive for me everyday, it's not even that far but to me it is haha PQ, glad the chilli turned out good, Michelle wants me to make some white chili she saw on FB one of these days I'll get around to it, interviewed for a second job and he wants me to start Saturday, I'm freaking out! Everyone is excited in the family but I'm just too nervous and I don't know if I can do it, I haven't worked anywhere else in so long and while my mind wants a change my mind is also my enemy and I get physical anxiety just thinking of it! Romeo is two today little guy thats something calming at least, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all ...yep tis the same here as normal ....scorching hot ,blue skies and a gentle breeze...well nearly ..its blowing a hooley ,raining but apart from that...Im just looking at the weather forecast on the telly now ...its being read by a presenter called Sara Blizzard...thats a great start bought another engine yesterday ..its a belter ...thats me with 10 engines now...thats it for a while now ..waiting for the carpet guy to come back today..he was here yesterday...measured up for a bedroom carpet ...but strangely enough,now the hall stairs and landing need changing ..for me theres at least 20years of life left in them ...but what do I know...oh well...lets have a cup of hot water ....was gonna be cawfee but Ive gotta carpet to pay for...:stompy2:ray:

hiya Det thats acracking pic of the city .good for you ..the lake ones are ace too.Lacrosse ? that aint you playing it is it?Yep the scotchguard is pretty whiffy ,but you need the ventilation.

hiya ppqp...hows you then?Card school go well?nay lets not swap temps!!and yep there isnt any wave emos!

Hiya Lav ...yep got to agree about retirement ..busy alright ,but again thru choice ....the choice being ...live in a tip or not!!No seriously ,I prefer to work ,as you obviously do too.So winter is on its way to you is it?Ive got a load of bulbs to plant but dont fancy watching them sailing down the hill!If your daughters friend studied art my guess it was Glasgow she was at .have a great day.

hiya Pauly ...you well?hope so..you need any rain??

right folks ..take it eazee

A priest, a pastor, and a rabbi are walking down the street on a hot day and are quite thirsty. They pass a busy bar and want to go in and get a drink but have no money. But the priest comes up with an idea that he thinks might work, so he goes in alone, telling to others that if his idea works they can all get free drinks. He orders his drink, and when he's finished with it, the bartender gives him his tab.

The priest says, "But son,... I already paid for the drink!"

The bartender says, "I'm terribly sorry father but it's really busy in here and I must have forgotten."

The priest goes out and tells the pastor and the rabbi what happened, so the pastor goes in next. The pastor orders his drink and then informs the bartender that he already had paid when the bartender asks him for the money. Again the bartender apologizes.

Finally the rabbi goes in and orders his drink. Again the bartender gives him the tab and the rabbi tells him, "Son, I paid you when I ordered the drink."

"I'm terribly sorry rabbi," says the bartender, "I don't know what's wrong with me, but your the third man of the cloth that I've done this to."

"I'm sorry son," says the rabbi, "but I'm in a terrible hurry,... Just give me my change for the $20 I gave you, and I'll be on my way!"

A fellow decides to take off early from work and go drinking. He stays until the bar closes at three in the morning, at which time he is extremely drunk. After leaving the bar, he returns home on foot.

When he enters his house, he doesn't want to wake anyone, so he takes off his shoes and starts tip-toeing up the stairs. Half-way up the stairs though, he falls over backwards and lands flat on his back. That wouldn't have been so bad, except that he had couple of empty pint bottles in his back pockets, and they broke; the broken glass carved up his back terribly. Yet, he was so drunk that he didn't know he was hurt.

A few minutes later, as he was undressing, he noticed blood, so he checked himself out in the mirror, and, sure enough, his behind was cut up terribly. He then repaired the damage as best he could under the circumstances, and he went to bed.

The next morning, his head was hurting, his back was hurting, and he was hunkering under the covers trying to think up some good story, when his wife came into the bedroom.

"Well, you really tied one on last night," she said. "Where'd you go?"

"I worked late," he said, "and I stopped off for a couple of beers."

"A couple of beers? That's a laugh," she replied. "You got plastered last night. Where did you go?"

"What makes you so sure I got drunk last night, anyway?"

"Well," she replied, "my first big clue was when I got up this morning and found a bunch of band-aids stuck to the mirror."

An engineering student was walking across campus when another engineer rides up on a shiny new motorcycle.

"Where did you get such a great bike?" asked the first.

The second engineer replied,

"Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want. "

The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; Her clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you."

Thoughts on Exercise
        The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

Harry Henpecked had been ordered by his wife to buy only organic vegetables from the market garden.

"These vegetables are for my wife," he said. "Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?"

"No," said the gardener, "you'll have to do that yourself."

In a small town in the US, there is a rather sizable factory that hires only married men. Concerned about this, a local woman called on the manager and asked him, "Why is it you limit your employees to married men? Is it because you think women are weak, dumb, cantankerous... or what?"

"Not at all, Ma'am," the manager replied. "It is because our employees are used to obeying orders, are accustomed to being shoved around, know how to keep their mouths shut and don't pout when I yell at them."

Late one Saturday evening, I was awakened by the ringing of my phone.

In a sleepy grumpy voice, I said hello. The party on the other end of the line paused for a moment before rushing breathlessly into a lengthy speech. "Mom, this is Susan and I'm sorry I woke you up, but I had to call because I'm going to be a little late getting home. See, Dad's car has a flat but it's not my fault. Honest! I don't know what happened. The tire just went flat while we were inside the theater. Please don't be mad, okay?"

Since I don't have any daughters, I knew the person had misdialed.

"I'm sorry dear, "I replied, "but you've reached the wrong number. I don't have a daughter named Susan."

"Gosh, Mom," came the young woman's voice, "I didn't think you'd be this mad."

A couple was having a discussion about family finances. Finally the husband exploded, "If it weren't for my money, the house wouldn't be here!"

The wife replied, "My dear, if it weren't for your money I wouldn't be here."

A retired Italian wine maker went to the village church to make his confession for the first time in many decades.

When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said, "Father, during World War II, a beautiful woman knocked on my door and asked me to hide her from the enemy. I hid her in my attic".

The priest replied, "That was a wonderful thing you did, my son! You have no need to confess it."

"It's worse than that, Father", he continued, "she quickly started to repay me with sexual favours."

"People in wartime sometimes act in ways they wouldn't under normal conditions. If you are truly sorry for your actions, you are forgiven".

"Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. May I ask a question"?

"What, my son"?

"Should I tell her the war is over"?

A man was sitting at a bar enjoying an after-work cocktail when an exceptionally gorgeous & sexy young woman entered. She was so striking that the man could not take his eyes away from her. The young woman noticed his overly-attentive stare & walked directly toward him.

Before he could offer his apologies for being so rude, the young woman said to him, I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for $100 on one condition'.

Flabbergasted, the man asked what the condition was.

The young woman replied, 'You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words'.

The man considered her proposition for a moment, withdrew his wallet from his pocket & slowly counted out five $20 bills, which he pressed into the young woman's hand.

He looked deeply into her eyes & slowly, meaningfully said...

'Paint my house'.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

oy oy ABeranimals!!

it's... thursday? jeepers still calender challenged here. was lacrosse for girly last night so GF and I just hung out at coffee shop and walked around in the cold night air. nice and mellow.
          made some crazy chicken wings with pomegranate/soy/garlic glaze. yummo.

Paully, congrats on the extra job! it's always nervous at first but then we just pop into the routine and all is well. breathe! ommmmmm
          Happy birthday Romeo!

Lav, did you use cashews for your dairy-free sauce?

I got a music making APP for ipad yesterday...what a hoot! nothing worth sharing just yet...

PPQ, fellow cheese fiend here! the cheese lady at the store calls me over by name for samples of new and weird delights
          just picked up an ossou irraty (spelling?) so good. and have you tried the Rogue river blue? it's out of OR and recently won
          'best cheese in the world'. it's freaking amazing... I still have some....come on over y'alls.

Mick, industrious as ever. pic of the new engine? be cool to do some model photography at your place.

well, got a photoshoot in UT on Tue so I better get car serviced today so I'm sure all is good and well.

Treegirl and Sam?

be well m'loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

One large onion. Grated.

Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just been to the doc. Got a sharp pain in my right side when I got home yesterday and can't get a deep breath. I wasn't able to lie down as the pain increased. Got a chest and rib xray so am just waiting for the doc to call back with his action plan. I sure as hell hope I haven't fractured any ribs.:rant::rant:

Short post as it actually hurts to type right now. I'll check back later....:smile:PPQP

Update...all good. No fluid in the lung and no fractures on the ribs. Was given a prescription version of Aleve so hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight. At least I'm not worried about being admitted to the hospital....:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; January 16, 2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Wow Det, that is one LARGE onion Cool!
                Yes, I make cashew cream in my nifty Ninja blender, very easy. You can make it thin or thick depending on what you are using it for of course.
                This gives you ideas for flavoring if you like: All-Purpose Cashew Cream

Mick, I love new carpeting, sorry buddy haha!!!
                We are having crazy wind gusts today bring in the colder air, oh boy. We just got home from dinner with daughter & family, it was nice.

Pauly, I am so happy to see you moving on!!!!
                It’s OK to be a little nervous in a new situation but please don’t make too much of it, OK? Think of all the positives of working in a new place. New coworkers, new boss, new clientele....... It’s all good
                Happy birthday to Romeo!!!!

PQ, glad your week is going well despite the severe weather. I imagine keeping a close eye on those kiddies is a must, wow!
                I guess none of us can expect ‘usual or typical’ weather anymore. Everything is changing in our worlds.

Hello to Cyn & Sam.

We had a fun dinner out with daughter & family for their birthdays. Ready to sit down & do nothing until bedtime, Lol
                Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey Abbers,
                  It’s been years so most of you don’t know me but Lav and I have kept in touch. I’m alive, I’m sober-9 years and counting-so life is good. Lots to catch you up on. Hey to my new friends!
                  Papmom
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mae everybody, Papmom, I remember you! Glad you're doing well and congrats on 9 years! PQ, what a relief no fluid and you didn't have to be admitted, Lav, I passed on that job and I'm glad I did cuz when I told him I needed more time to decide he text me "you really fucked me over" ugh not someone I'd wanna work for, there's a gazillion other shops in town or I might just see about other options, Det, awesome pics as always, Mick, you've been kinda quiet, hope all is well, Cyn you too, where you at? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all ...how are we then ? good I hope .Just been fitting new lights to the hallway and the upstairs landing the bottom one was ok but the top one was a pain.had to put a batten behind the plasterboard in the ceiling to take the fitment.done now tho.Planted a load of primulas and primroses ..just to put a bit of colour in the front garden.

Hiya Papmom,...I remeber you ..how are you doing?hope all is well with you ...and congrats on your lifestyle without booze!take care .

hiya Pauly ...no Im fine ..just busy busy I need to increase my day hours to 29...good move not working for that nugget!go for another option.theres one there for you!!

hiya Lav ...well it rained this morning but it has gorn....we are scheduled sun over the weekend ....can you imagine that ..we are going to get a peek at the wee yellow sky ball.oh I dont mind new carpets ..its the unscrewing my wallet I find a tad disturbing...have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp..you ok?glad the pains werent heavy duty..did you sleep ok?a game of cards is what you need.!Just take it easy .

Hiya Det ..wow your pics are good buddy..you getting much interest in them?

hiya teegee how are you doing ?likewise sam the man..hope yizzare ok.

I didn't know the great viking who saved me, he carried me through the hot sands for days until he set me down on a settlers encampment, I could never thank the great warrior for he surely saved my life. Farewell, I'll forever be in your debt.

Yes, I've been through the desert on a norse with no name.

We'll see in the next few weeks if the Royal Family get a Hard or a Soft Megxit.

I picked up a pack of ice cubes in Tesco & asked a store assistant if she knew the ingredients.
                      She told me to wait whilst she asked the manager.

I'm preparing for the RSPB Big Garden Bird Watch and I've just seen a large yellow one.

I love living on Sesame Street.

Beaming Meghan Markle drives herself to Canadian airport in a Land Rover to pick up her pilates instructor.

Finally, living like an average Joe

Meghan Markle throws a massive fit after discovering that Disney Princess movies are not instruction manuals on how to perform Royal duties.

I told the wife I'd seen a UFO, a triangular craft.

She told me to stop drinking then put the cheese back in the pack.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I was going to say something similar to what Lav said, I remember when I started working again after staying home for 13 years. But when you shared the text you got I thought good going, you dodged a bullet. Don't give up something will come along. Yes, the xray results were a relief. Mind you I knew exactly what I was going to pack in my go bag for the hospital.

Lav...I agree about the weather, I think this is the new normal. Although it's still -10F it doesn't feel so bitterly cold. The turn around starts tomorrow and by Monday we're going to be 50F. Bet this quick thaw causes all kinds of new problems. Went into work for a couple of hours and then it was off for a bone density scan. I'm sure my regular doctor will be calling for a follow up and to find out what's been happening. I think I should really see my Rheumatologist as this all started with a flare up, will discuss with my doc. I'm going to sit down and do nothing for the weekend too.

Mick...I think you're right, a game of cards fixes everything. What, no ladder accident? Good job. So I'm assuming you are now getting "fleet" rates when you buy more engines. LOL I think the community garden needs to invest in a green house. I would love to working with soil and plants right now and daydreaming about the day everything is just not WHITE! Didn't sleep worth sh*t last night. Every time I'd lay down I could only last about 20 minutes till the pain got too bad and would have to sit up. Every 4 hours I would pop another couple of Tylenols. Did manage to get to sleep around 3am and woke up at 5am covered in sweat and could hardly sit up. Mind you 5 minutes later, sitting upright, the pain would go away. Called the doc and he prescribed a stronger anti-inflammatory and some Tylenol3 to help with sleep. Looking forward to getting a good night in.

Papmom...I also remember you. Welcome aboard and congrats 9 years. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Det...I've felt calender challenged all week too. Your crazy chicken wings sound delicious, would never of thought of pomegranate. I'll be checking out the Rogue river blue. Good luck in UT next week.

TG...hope you're not exhausting yourself. Usually when you don't post it's because you've been travelling all around the US.

Sam...I bet there's no mud lying around anymore. Just think in a couple of months you'll be calving, right?

Didn't go back to work after the scan, so an early start to the weekend. Going to make some stuffed mushrooms just because I've been thinking about them for a couple of days now. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

PPQ, glad there's no medical emergency. maybe a bad dose of pleurisy? that can be nasty. but reading again I'm not sure...hmmm.
                          didn't sleep well here either. Feeling kind of puny and sickly which is no way to enter a weekend. changed air filter in the bedroom and
                          hoping that helps. I'm allergic to our cute cat so I'm always up against allergies at the best of times.

Mick, another project for you it seems! they never end for sure. thanks much on the pics. I'm getting a lot of great feedback and it's fun when
                          I get a chance to hang out in the gallery and spy on folks looking at my work have only started some online advertising through FB and Instagram
                          yesterday so in a few days I'll see if that doesn't help drive some biz my way. My printing process is extremely expensive so they are priced to move...
                          slowly LOL. it's ok.

Papmom! great to see you again and even greater news on the huge sober time, that's just grand. Any fun adventures of late?

Pauly, wow what a negative buttface...glad you passed for sure. What the heck is wrong with people? ok I have a long list of answers to that one.... but i digress..

Any word from Treegirl or Sam?

we are teenager free until sometime tomorrow afternoon. yay! will just be nice to have a mellow, quiet house. we may try to find a seafood restaurant tonight...hmmmm...

well, off to edit some pics

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Well Abbers , there is so much to tell you! I don’t even remove remember the last time I posted! All my original dogs and cats have gone to the Rainbow bridge as of Dec 2017. Lost the last 2 within 3 months. One too old age, one to cancer. I now have 2 little Pap girls, 2 and 4. They were bred by a dear friend of mine and we do all sorts of dog sports which they are brilliant at! In 2016 I traded in my Jeep for a Toyota minivan and bought a very cute pop up hard sided camper. I’ve used it a number of times at agility trials and to visit friends and family that can’t accommodate dogs. In 2018, I retired from state serv and after a couple of failed attempts at different PT jobs I finally found my calling as a pet sitter! I absolutely love it and although the money is not great, I can make do with my pension. i still do my Pet food demos on the weekends due extra cash. I tried doing those demos 5 days a week but it was too hard on this old bod and my van. My dad is still with me at 93 and lives right due down the street from me. The rest of my family is doing very well. The kids are all grown up with the youngest 14 and in high school. even tho we don’t live hours apart I don’t get to see them much. My future plans include selling my house, buying an rv and traveling the country. Oh and losing about 50 pounds! Being AF is the best but it’s been very hard on my weight and sugar addiction. So I think I’ve caught you all up! So pleased to see so many old friends here!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cold at 25 degrees at the moment. Tomorrow is supposed to be snowy, we’ll see. This winter has been seriously odd!

PQ, I don’t know how I missed your post yesterday. I’m sorry to hear about your painful episode. Is there any chance it’s a gall bladder issue? Your description sounds exactly like what I go through when mine acts up ~ very painful. I hope it improves quickly for you.
                              Enjoy your milder weather coming up, you certainly deserve some

Papmom, it’s good to see you back here. We’ve all been friends for quite a long time
                              We mostly just shoot the sh*t here on this thread as you can see. At least we know that if a crisis does come up we will all find greta support right here!

Pauly, sorry that job fell thru. I wouldn’t work for that butthead either!
                              Keep your eyes & ears open for something better

Mick, glad you’re getting a weather break too!!!
                              Maybe it’s time to bury your wallet outside for a while so it gets a chance to rest, haha!!

Det, enjoy your kid free time, it doesn’t happen that often, Lol
                              I hope your pictures get the attention they deserve, they’re all quite unique!

Hello to Cyn & Sam! Check in when you can.

Well, on a side note, we woke up to a 56 degree house this morning. I swear this new heating system is the pits. We’ve had it fixed several times & it’s only been in use a couple of years. Fortunately the guy who installed & maintains it lives next door so it was back in service by 3 pm with a brand new blower. Ho hum.

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all....nice sunny day here bit cold .Phone call from Amy ,some really nice bstard ran over her cat outside her house never stopped,left it for dead which it now is..she is abs distraught so we are probably going up to see her tho tbh int much we can do.will possibly jump on later

Comment

Working...
                                X