13th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13th December

And good afternoon everybody how are we question mark hope everyone is well well I am sitting outside the dentists as we speak this is it this is the last two implants going in this afternoon full stop the money I have spent on teeth I could have put a deposit for a decent house on! In fact I think I've paid for the dentists house. Hope everyone is well well and doing ok it is 3:25 in the afternoon and it is almost pitch-black already full stop take care look after yourselves I will see what time I'm home and see if I can put some jokes up
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all - quick hello. Lav, it looks like we're going to get hit! Ours doesn't arrive until later this afternoon, so I'll be able to have Zander keep his chiropractic appointmentat 2 pm... (Yes, you read that right, the dog gets the chiropractic work in the family, not me) .

Finished up with potential power outage protection... cash in hand, car filled with gas, 5 gallon bucket filled with water, plenty of food (Lav, I'll be making beef/yam/kale stew soon.) Candles, batteries, etc. I have never been "in town" for a snow event (we used to be on a well system up and out of town) so even if power is out, now I could walk down to the "village" for food pickup or other supplies if needed.

I hope all are doing well - I'll check in again later today...

Stay safe!

Comment

Good evening all,

Snow started exactly at noon & was done by a little after 5 to the tune of 6-7 inches. It’s windy too but no power issues yet. The generator is ready, just in case.
        Got the tree up & decorated today, love the lights

Mick, I hope your dental visit went well & things are wrapped up in that department.
        Take care of those new teeth now & save money in the future haha.

Cyn, you know how to get ready for these storms, you’ve got all the bases covered. That’s so cool that you are within walking distance of the town’s amenities.
        I hope Zander enjoyed his appointment this afternon.

Hello to the rest of the group & hope everyone is OK.
        I should start wrapping gifts, something I don’t especially enjoy doing for some reason, haha.
        Have a good night all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for posting the snow pic today, hope things don't get too bad. Your snow covers your mud, ours our potholes. LOL Kept the work from home gig low key today. Went out to pick up a couple of essentials, couldn't believe it, every aisle I turned down there was the thing I was looking for. In/Out in 5 minutes....never happens. Dropped off a couple of gifts for my coworker/friends, picked up some lunch and figured work could wait until tomorrow. LOL

Mick...I sure hope this is it for the dentist trips, it's been a long haul for you. Spend some time healing the face and arms and get ready for your Chrimbo escape.

TG...wow, you are one ready lady. You know the old question "If you were stranded on a desert island who would you want with you?" My answer is you. I would feel safe in any situation if you were by my side.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Hope everyone is surviving....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all... well s.n.o.w.y here! I was disappointed, as it didn't start until quite late, then at 4 AM when I let the dog out, it was only about 6 inches... but then the main part of the storm hit, and I guess we have well over 2 feet at this point... and not as much wind, so that is good. But I had to suit up (hubs ski jacket, my rain pants over sweats) and get out and shovel a path for poor Zan to go out in the yard... I could barely get the front door open, and making a 6 foot path was interesting- I sliced and diced, and got it down to where he didn't sink into his chest. I am so strange, I just love shoveling... instant gratification, you can see exactly what you've accomplished!!

PPQ - you are so sweet, what a huge compliment. Don't believe it... I walk around in a fog most of the time ��.

Sending well wishes to all, and will pop back on in a bit with pics. (PS- the other great thing about snow? Everything becomes brighter!! Yay!)
            To the light ---

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope all is well with everybody. I've got the new implants in just need to be a bit careful for the first couple of days eating with them feels really strange having them in the gaps that were there . A really cold day over here with the promise of snow. Just listened to the government announcement they are leaving us in the same covid tier as we were previously despite the fact the rate of infection has dropped massively around the North West I'm pretty sure our prime minister and his gang of Stooges were on the same leadership course as trump wasr the whole country virtually now is in tier 3 with the exception of a couple of areas down south that is over 38 million people and yet they are opening the place up for Christmas so that people can all meet families.. absolutely insane. We are still going away for Christmas.. the lady from the campsite has just phoned me up and confirmed they will be open and looking forward to seeing us so it will be crimble in the van.

Hiya lav how are you today then? hope all is well. yes the dentist visit went good. I know you suffer with problems and dairy products etc and bread as well, for the simple reason my stomach aches when I eat a lot of bread I don't do so.. however I'm just discovered gluten-free multiseed bread brown... it is absolutely fantastic lower in calories and lose me no pain whatsoever have you any other recommendations to try?

Hello tree girl how are you question mark hope all is well so your dog goes to the chiropractors does he? No issue with that that's no worse than my rabbits going for a pedicure and lodging over Christmas in a hotel and yes they have both got Christmas baubles with treats inside them. you sound very much like me everything has got to have a secondary back up it Drives Julie nuts but hey there. you go you take care

Hiya ppqp how are you today then question mark hope all is well yes on the tooth front it's been over 2 years now now and a serious amount of money but the choice was mine save the money and eat dribbly mince and soup or spend it and enjoy life no contest really hope all is well you take care of yourself

A big shout to everybody else it has suddenly got really dark so I need to go and put his rabbits in before Mr Fox trundles along for a meal

I have a wooden bust of my grandmother.

It's a nan teak.

Todays weather forecast.
              S
              O e
              S
              H
              W R

Scattered showers .

Dear Father Christmas,
              I'm writing to tell you that I've been very naughty this year and it was totally worth it.

You fat, judgemental sh.t!

Ffs. Never mix drink and wrapping Xmas presents.

If anyone opens theirs and finds a TV remote in it, I need the fkr back.

How does Mickey Mouse protect against coronavirus?
              Disney-infectant.

Melania: "Donald. It's Christmas. Would you like to pull a cracker?"

Donald: "No way. Last time I did that, I had to pay her $130,000 hush money."

131896134_1954453034697219_2735751852695288763_n.jpg
              Last edited by Mick; December 17, 2020, 11:53 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy thursday ABerooos!

Mick, shiny new chompers! say, I thought dental was covered by your taxes there yet you said you've paid a ton for the dental work..
                just curious.
                PPQ, that stew sounds perfecto.
                Tree, I like the satisfaction of snow shovelling too (just not all the time) and will likely be having some up in north Utah here in a few weeks when
                we get settled in.
                speaking of which, it's been hours every day calling rentals and going through all the gyrations for storage, our pet cat etc etc and trying to do it
                remotely is a bit of a nail-biter but that's life in the fast lane!
                Lav, I'm a lousy gift-wrapper but I do my best. At least I don't use tinfoil anymore like I used to really... that's what I did because it held itself
                in place nicely. I call it sci fi wrapping. but this year I'm trying to get a bit more classy...
                grilled a lovely tri-tip last night with chunky Greek salad and thyme/garlic/butter mushrooms. yummo.
                buddy is in town visiting from Hawaii so will try to get out and visit a bit. It's a bit weird as he was an old drinking buddy so I better have
                my witts about me. all two of them.

off to my one photo shoot for the day....

be well loves!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Ugh, all that pretty snow ended up being covered with a heavy coating of ice. Makes shoveling or snow-blowing impossible. Our young neighbor took pity on us & came over & plowed the driveway - nice
                  Never went about freezing but the sun did a little melting, now it’s all refreezing. My chickens were lucky to get a little food & H2O today, haha!! I’m not a fan of walking on ice, no way.

Cyn, I think you lucked out & got all snow, no ice. Glad you were able to shovel as much as needed for the pup. My Swissy used to love this snow, her favorite time of the year.
                  Take it easy & stay warm & toasty

PQ, this afternoon while we were trying to clear a path on the deck we found yellow snow, haha. Apparently Matilda did not attempt to go down the icy snow covered steps to the yard, haha.
                  Sounds like your day went well, good for you!

Mick, for me wheat & rye cause me discomfort for the most part. I have found that bread made with oat flour (and a little wheat) is fine. Honestly the older I get the less I can eat without causing discomfort, ho hum. Keep yourself on soft foods for a while until the dental glue dries!!

Det, I admit to becoming just lazy with some things like wrapping gifts, haha. I have also found that most people don’t give a damn about the wrappings so......
                  Good luck with your wrapping skills.
                  Enjoy the visit with your buddy but remember what drinking does to the likes of us.

Hello to Sam & Pauly, where are you? And Pie, how about you?

Off to finish up some cookie baking. Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...WOW...I've been watching the news stories about the storm, it's crazy. You be careful out there and don't drive anywhere if you don't have to. If you ever miss shoveling snow you're always welcome to come do mine.

Mick...I too listened to your governments announcement and just shook my head in disbelieve. How nice to have the confirmation and welcome to the campsite. You and Julie will have a great Chrimbo. All is good on my end, one more day of at home working then I'm off the clock till Jan 4th. Moving that little work box to the back of the brain till then.

Det...you got this, it's not your first rodeo. Mind you now there's a school aged person, a soul mate person and a pet person to consider. Ah, no sweat. LOL Enjoy your visit with your friend.

Lav...I thought friends with benefits was someone who had a snow blower, apparently it's a plow. LOL That's the problem with temps hovering around freezing, the thaw freeze is deadly, you be careful around the yard, be a Matilda. You know that feeling you get when you accomplish something you've been putting off for awhile? Well that's me and now it's time to tune work out. With the new restrictions put in place over Christmas a lot of restaurants are offering full Christmas Dinners prepared and delivered. Think my plans for Xmas dinner just changed. LOL

Shout out to Pi, Pauly and Sam

Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - good to hear your news... yes, Lav we were so lucky that it was all snow... that mix or ice-snow is awful...good deal on completing the implants, Mick, plans are coming together, Det, good going, Pauly hope all is well - busy with shopping?, Sam and all others, hello - hope to post some pics... one is of the "poopy pad"... 😆

IMG_5422.jpgIMG_5419.jpgIMG_5416.jpg

Comment

TG...Holy Cow!!!

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn that's snow just makes me cold seeing it brrr! A christmas miracle last night it rained! Not for very long but long enough, I got stuck in the huge wind gusts walking back from Kells, wasn't pleasant with leaves blowing in my face haha, Mick did they have to do a whole new set of teeth? Thought you got those all done a few years ago? Glad you're having a getaway for Christmas, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Still very cold here, little melting going on for sure.
                            I got YB to drive me to the market in his 4WD truck to stock up on some things my grandson will be wanting to eat this weekend. Glad I got him to drive because the roads were plowed but not to the full width. I wouldn’t have cared to drive my car on extra narrow icy roads, geez.

Cyn, you sure did get the big dump of snow, wow!! Glad the ice missed you.
                            Keep yourself safe & cozy

PQ, I’m still having a hard time making it over the ice to get to my chickens, haha. A few of them decided to go out in the yard today, brave girls.
                            It’s so nice you get the time off for the holidays, enjoy the peace & quiet. I never cared much about working on New Year’s but it was hard to work on Christmas but someone had to be there.

Pauly, congrats on the rainfall, geez it was way past time for that!
                            The wind that accompanied our snow/ice storm did a fair amount of damage around the area. Our flag pole was broken & I saw lots of tree limbs down on the way to the store, some trees split right in half.
                            Hope you have a good weekend.

Mick, what’s up with you today? Hope everything is OK.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - just stopping by long enough to say hello and good night... extra-long work day today. Temps dropping to PPQ -land tonight, around 7 degrees F... good thing I brought hubs' big-deal ski and down jackets back from the storage... I couldn't find my winter gear, but have his stuff here, and it suits me fine, nice and warm. Almost like a big hug, which is comforting.

Wishing all Well and Safe...
                              To the light - only a few more days!

Comment

I posted this last night ....and yep it never worked either!!!!!hi all ...how are we then ? ok I hope ...well today hasnt been a good one disaster wise ....couldnt get on here earlier on .....then went to the shops ..whilst in the car park thought I would try again ...I got on to start it ....Ihad done most of it ...then thought Id start my car ..uh huh wouldnt start ......called out the breakdown service ...battery was shot ..needed a new battery £120 fixed and fitted .
                                Hope everyone is ok .....

My wife asked
                                "Have you seen the dog's bowl?"
                                I replied
                                "No, I didn't know they could play cricket!"

Has anyone ever managed to finish a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner at the same time?

I’ve invented a device that converts bumblebee noise into human speech.

It’s a beespoke design

London is in lockdown,

The Queen and Prince Philip are furious and raging, they had plans to go to Weatherspoon's for a substantial meal and a few pints on Christmas day,

Engineering news:

'Denmark's wind-powered vertical farm will produce 1,000 tons of greens a year.'

Well, a diet rich in greens will produce 1,000 tons of wind a year.

update ....just phoned the dentist this morning .she went absolutely ape because I never got my appt last night ..when my car was fixed ,I called to see if my appt was still good ..the lady said no I was too late!!despite it being only 10/15 mins which I understand ..the chief honcho i/c desk this morning said that it wasnt acceptable we do not treat our clients ..note clients ...not patients ragarses or any thing else appt on Monday now .

my contribution to xmas cheer is the Pogues ....... and of course for those that havent seen it ....

Do They Know It's Covid Time? - Boris Johnson and the Superspreaders song - YouTube

Is This Possibly the Best Donald Trump Impression? | Good Morning Britain - YouTube

The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York (Official Video) - YouTube

Happy birthday Lav ,...your best present ever Biden for Trump!
                                Last edited by Mick; December 19, 2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X