25th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25th July

Hiya all how are we today then?all good hopefully..finally stopped raining thank goodness.

Hiya teegee How are you today?hope everything is getting a little better for you.take care over the weekend

Hiya ppqp how are you Then? Hope all is well. So you had a homeless guy with lockpicks etc?don't get me wrong, I've done time in a couple of the old type toughest nicks in Britain,but sometimes you have to question whats going on.the trouble is the drugs is a means of escape as is booze.especially if you're homeless. Trouble is it is acquisitive crime..to fund it prostitution burglary robbery theft ...so address the homeless issues on the proviso they want help..then the escapism won't be needed in theory..yet we weren't homeless but still drank ..for what reason..anyways that's all a bit heavy..take it easy

Hiya pauly ..hope all is well with you

Lav keep your weather thanks ��you know what..I never read your post as iam on my phone and yet you are singing from the same hymn sheet.yes the garden isn't flooding either.have a good weekend
    Right folks I'll try and find some jokes

This morning was surreal.... I was following an ambulance into town in my car when I noticed a small metal box sitting on the rear bumper. When the ambulance turned right the box flew off and landed on the side of the road against the kerb. Call me the curious sort or just the Good Samaritan that I am, I pulled over and retrieved it. When I opened the box there was a human toe packed in ice inside it. Ooops, that’s a serious mistake I thought, so unsure if the ambulance was going to our local hospital I called the hospital and explained what I had found. The lady on the other end of the phone said “Yes, the ambulance has just arrived, minus the box”. I gave her my location and asked if they were going to send another ambulance to collect it?
    The lady replied, “No, we’ll just send a toe truck.”

Whoever came up with the saying that the grass is always greener on the other side was talking crap.
    You've only got to turn a piece of turf over to see that.

Essex Police want to interview a man wearing stockings, suspenders and high heels. The Chief Constable has said they must wear their normal uniforms.

Making jokes about a Dwarf with learning difficulties isn't big and it isn't clever.

A new study has surprisingly revealed that the English city with the highest-earners under the age of 30 is not London, but Liverpool.

Fck me, the value of copper wiring and car radios must have gone up recently.

I like my kids like I like my flour.

Self-raising.

I used to date a girl called Polly Graph. It didn't work out though, She was constantly accusing me of lying.

After severe criticism over her lack of consultation with respect to her new crime bill, Home Secretary Priti Patel was today rumoured to be meeting a senior representative of the Taliban, in a Heathrow Hotel, to consider their input on sentencing tariffs.

Our new Irish priest is surprisingly open and laid back. In confession on Sunday I said, "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."

He replied, "Pfft... Join the fecking club son."

All the drug taking has ruined the Olympics as a spectacle for me.
    I'm so stoned I can hardly focus on the TV.
    Last edited by Mick; July 30, 2021, 01:03 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Det glad you got some work lined up PQ,you should see the homeless in Vegas omg they're on every corner,I'm amazed they can sleep on the hot sidewalk and I wonder why they don't go find a shady,secluded spot to crash,it's weird,Lav they put the mask mandate back here in Vegas regardless of vaccinated status,I'm just a dumb hairdresser and I knew going without masks at 100% occupancy wasn't a good idea yet they made that decision and now it's just back to masks,think hubs threw his away so I'll hafta buy him more,Mick,we've been getting rain in the evening nearly everyday,a quick flash flood type then gone,Cyn,sounds like you're keeping busy but try to have some you time too friend,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks,

Pauly, none of us wear a genius hat but we do know being in close quarters with unvaccinated people is simply dangerous. The news is reporting this Delta variant is as transmissible chicken pox & the common cold & causes more severe symptoms. We don’t want any of that so we will mask up! Keep yourself safe!!

Cyn, I know this weekend is going to be busy getting the festival started up. Wishing you all the best, your hard work will pay off. Take care of yourself as well :hug:

Mick, turns out there were 7 tornadoes in SE PA yesterday, none of them close to my location. In Bucks County, just north of Philadelphia there was an EF3 tornado that ripped the roof off a large car dealership & made a huge mess. Only a few minor injuries, thank goodness. This is why I watch the weather so closely, you never know what’s coming your way. Glad the rain stopped for you, I have nothing to send you today, haha!!

PQ, I hope your day was good & the weekend is perfectly relaxing

Det, I know you’re working so have fun & make lots of $$.

Hello to Sam & Pie - check in please.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? hope all is well ...raining here today,so glad you mentioned it stopping yesterday lav . can you mention sunshine? see if you can magic some back .glad the tornadoes were nowhere near you .As you say that delta variant is a real spreder it spreads they reckon at least 60%quicker than the original one .It is still spreading and increasing daily here ,but the vaccine has certainly helped to reduce the hospital admissions and mortality rate but it isnt a cure all despite all the politicians saying its over ..is it heck .I was out yesterday and the number of folk in masks has decreased dramatically.Im staying masked up until I feel its safe .

hiya pauly ...stay safe wear a mask ..how are you then?with regards to the homeless,we have the same here ,loads on the street ,but you can never be sure ..I saw a girl on the street ...begging in a doorway ..a real homeless person told me where she lived ,she has a flat not far from the town centre ,and the tummy is a cushion ,getting the sympathy vote ,its a pretty lucrative business nowadays ..there is even a group that have a monopoly on certain sites and they change round every couple of hours ..outside Aldi ,then Asda ,then the bakers then the market so you cant really say who is homeless .its a real money spinner ..if they dont get money then people buy them food and drink .

hiya everyone else hope you are ok,and having a good weekend....
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...lots of upset people in Alberta with calls for resignations of the powers that be. I'll be sticking to my own rules and will continue to be vigilant. Glad you were able to dodge the tornados, crazy weather!! It was a quiet day yesterday and decided to pack it in at noon to start my long weekend. We are under a heat advisory so will be sticking close to home. (Pun intended! LOL)

TG...good luck this weekend, I'm sure it'll all go as planned. Foot is almost back to normal, no swelling just a little bit of tightness still.

Mick...my first thought when I see homeless people is "There but for the grace of god I go" I can't believe people would actually fake a business out of it. We're expecting rain by the end of the week, can hardly wait for it.

Pauly...I have seen the homeless in Vegas and I'm sure it's gotten a lot worse since I was there last. I'll be using my mask for some time to come.

Shout out to Det, Sam and Pi. Hope everyone has a great day....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; July 31, 2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny, no rain today . I’ll send this weather right over to you Mick, tomorrow is our turn for rain. Just read our locals stats & we have had over 26” of rain so far this year, more than usual. Everything is pretty lush & green, usually the lawns are dried up & brown this time of year.
              Made an interesting vegan wonton soup for dinner. I stuffed the wontons with minced baby bella mushrooms & a ton of garlic instead of some meat substance. It was surprisingly good, haha!

Mick, we don’t have local police departments around here or those people would be moved along if you know what I mean. The state troopers are usually too busy with other stuff.
              Last night one of YB’s Amish customers was out somewhere with his young son (in their horse & buggy). Some idiot set off a loud firecracker or bottle rocket around 9 pm, it spooked the horse & the horse & buggy ended up being flipped over on a dark road. Luckily no one was hurt, fire & EMS personnel helped them put things right. Can’t make that stuff up, really.

PQ, glad you got an early start to the weekend, yay!
              Staying home in a heat emergency is the smart thing to do. I’m starting to wondering about the wisdom of sending all the kids back to school in September. I know they’re all ready & the parents are ready to have them go back, haha!

Pauly, hope you are well!
              Det, busy as usual I imagine

Hello to Cyn, busy with a wonderful music festival, wishing you the best!

Have a nice nice everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X