20th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20th August

[MENTION=12998]Pie[/MENTION], I got these little innovative individual shoe shelves at IKEA recently that I just love: one shoe goes on top, and the other one underneath. Plus I found a small-enough mat for shoes there too, that fits in the small space near my door.

Interestingly, Trader Joe’s is owned by Aldi’s!
    Your mantle is a true work of art, Mick. Just stunning! I loved the wooden mantle at my old house too -it was similar to yours -and the fieldstone fireplace surrounding it, just so much.
    The joke about the Scottish blood is hysterical! As is the one about the missing sock from the dryer! My great grandpa used to wear his pants just like the guy by the car. Memories!

Oh, I get it now, TG: the C-Pap machine was just for one night while running the test.
    Thanks for the book recommendation. I will check that out!

My real estate agent who sold me my condo, along with her partner, said they’ll take me out on their boat tonight for a spin. Hopefully that will be fun!
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Mae all -

Experimenting with trying to post earlier in the day - I might have more clarity - on the other hand...

The test from the dental office actually was an O2 test - i wore a thing on my finger all night, that was all. They gave me the results today - O2 around 93, not a dramatic drop. It could be part of the jaw pain, but nothing to do about that. So I'm just continuing massaging and analgesics for now for the jaw pain. Yesterday the pain was most acute deep in the jaw, and that worried me, but there's no infection. I think I just need to "chill out" and do more pain management techniques. I will drop the overnight stats at the doctor's office tomorrow, just for her info... maybe it's connected to general low O2, who knows. Tomorrow I get a chest xray, which I was supposed to get the other day after my blood draw, but I "spaced out" and left the Med center, oh well. Weather is 102 degrees here at the moment, "Feels Like" temp is 107. Goodness.
      RE: Trader Joe's employment; I got the job! I start Tuesday! This is perfect news after hearing yesterday that my elder's kids are going to step up more (did I write that?) Anyway, I was so happy, I cried! Tears of joy... a regular job; no need to worry or have difficult self-employed taxes or anything. And gets me out of my apartment for a good amount of time, and I will be hanging out with fun people. All good. (And PS, Lav - Cold Stone or Venmo (not sure which) refunded my Ice Cream money! So sometimes the Help Centers actually work!).

Sending good wishes to all -
      Wags, that sounds like a dreadfully pressured time for you with the changes and the stressed-out students, etc... hope you can relax now. And congrats on the beautiful oasis! And PPS - wow, I am sure that I could never do all the puzzles your dad is doing!
      Lav, thanks for all the work you are putting into the Maui bags... you are wonderful to do this. I will check my Venmo...
      NS, I hope you are hanging in with the heat - the heart issues sound troubling, glad you have a way to check it all. I forgot about my husband's smart watch... maybe I could use it in a similar way...
      Mick, all looks tremendously splendid! And thx for the Scottish blood joke, LOL
      SLO. nice to hear that you got family time. Yes, I understand the longing for things we once had... My current view is of nice mature trees - if I mentally block out the apartment parking lot below me and the 4 lanes of street traffic - I do long for my beautiful Connecticut rolling lawn and deer and ?bears... but that was then and this is now, so... we can do this, right?
      PPQ - SO excellent that boss really is starting to see how much you bring to the workplace... congrats on that - and yes, let hope that it converts to $$!
      Apologies if I missed anyone... I hope all can stay cool and safe...
      Take Care,
      TG

Comment

Hey kids,

All day long my brain has been trying to convince me that it’s Saturday. I know it’s not because yesterday was trash day & that’s Wednesday LOL
        I may end up joining the monastery crew too hahha!!
        Making headway on my tote bag project & other stuff for next month’s giant craft fair. I try to get a thing or two done around the house in the morning then spend the afternoon & early evening stitching.

PQ, if anyone deserves a raise it’s YOU! You get a ton of work done there day after day. I’m glad the boss is cognizant of your effort.
        I completely understand having to watch your mouth at work. The hospital’s director of nursing had a nickname of FiFi. I asked coworkers about that name & they told me it stood for Fu*king Idiot Fu*king Idiot !!!!! LOL

Wags, love that picture of your yard. It’s looks supremely peaceful & relaxing. Good job!
        My daughter saw the Barbie movie & said it was the funniest thing she’s seen in a long time. Not sure exactly why but whatever. Enjoy the rest of your free time

Slo, sounds like cooper needs a tube of hair gel haha. He sounds very cute, glad you enjoyed your time with him.
        After nearly 15 years on this site I’d be upset getting thrown off so I’m trying to do things ‘quietly’ if you know what I mean. Can you create a new outdoor oasis for yourself at your new place? Something to think about anyway.

Mick, hello to you, hope everything is OK.

Hello to Cyn, Pie & anyone else stopping by.
        Have a nice night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL….I am so glad I booked tomorrow off. Been feeling weary all day. Probably get my second wind about 9pm and not be able to sleep, but who cares, I don’t have to get up in the morning.

Wags…thanks for posting a pick of your backyard oasis. It looks fabulous. I’ve heard lots of positive things about the Barbie movie. Sure has been a hit. Glad your Dad is doing ok. Enjoy your me time.

Slo…I won’t find out anything about a raise until after the budget is approved in September but I’m feeling positive about it. As a rule I never talk politics, although I sit and b*tch at the TV. LOL Hope your spin on the boat was fun.

TG…O2 at 93, that’s my goal. LOL When I was in the hospital I was lucky to get it to 83. Congrats on the Trader Joe’s job. No, you didn’t mention the elder’s kids were going to step up more, that’s also good news. And congrats on the Ice Cream refund.

Lav…oh, I love FiFi, I will be stealing that. It is nice that the boss recognizes all I do and lets me know. I am very comfortable in our working relationship. What a relief after the last boss I had to put up with. Looking forward to seeing your setup at the craft fair. I sold out today. ��

Mick…another cyber post for you? LOL

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all…:smile:PPQP

Comment

Congrats on getting the Trader Joe?s gig, TG! Sounds ideal.

Slo, IKEA surely does have innovative products for small spaces.

Enjoy your off day, PQ!

After 48 days, we got a nice rain for about 15 minutes last night. Happy, happy! Annual appointment with regular physician this morning. Should be quick and easy.

Comment

hiya all ,how are we doing today then? hope everyone is doing ok..pouring down with rain today here ,surprise surpriswe..last finishing touches to the fire place and surround .got my hands on an old victorian iron ,one of the ones with a chamber for hot coals to be put into to iron with ,I just sprayed and varnished an old cast iron trivet to sit on the hearth with the iron sitting on top.

hiya wags ,how are you doing? garden looks good ,got ot admit havent seen the barber or the Oppenheimer movies ,but tbh they dont interest me too much either .glad your dad is doing ok ,

hiya ppqp ...well done you ..exceeds succeeds!!its well worth challenging peoples decisions ....especially when you feel you have done more than you should have and have the evidence to back it up.do you get a written copy of the bilat? its worth getting one for future reference if possible.Fish n chips sounds a good bet to me!!!!!

hiya Lav ,how are things with you today?you need any more rain?your cats are like my rabbits...Argyl follows me about like a wee dog ,he obviously thinks Im the best ...absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I keep dropping him treats!!!Definitely an autumnal morning today hope your day goes well..

hiya tg ,slo,pie ,sam ,sf,and anyone else.

dont know why it didnt post ..as you can see the iron is in place on the fire surround ,as is the trivet I did.its chased into the wall and plastered ..got to let that dry and job done ..

20230825_140547.jpg

20230825_141227.jpg

hiya pie how are you doing? hope things are good with you .

hiya ppqp ...yep another cyber one ...jeez they disappear more than merlo the magician...hope you get the raise ..you deserve it ..Polyticks ??? thats a parrot with a watch isnt it? have a grand weekend ...phone off....and relaaaax

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? hope all is good this fine saturday morning ...that was funny about the trash going out...I remember a while back because different bins are collected different weeks,I put the wrong bin out on purpose..it was funny to see how many others did too!!!hope you have a great weekend .

hiya Slo ...did you go out for a spin on the boat? you enjoy it ?what are you up to this weekend? hope its a good one whatever it is .

hiya teegee ...congrats to you ...well done trader teegee. gauny gie it laldy!!!!best of luck with your chest x ray ....

hiya everyone else ..hopefully this post will land ...

It’s called a “Kilt” because I kilt the last man who called it a skirt.

Is there anything worn under the kilt? No, it's all in perfect working order.

A lot of people wonder what a true Scotsman wears under his kilt, but don't ask him: he'll not tell ya, he'll show ya.

In Scotland, we have mixed feelings about Global Warming. For even though we might lose some of our southern cities, at least we'll get to sit on the mountains and watch the English drown.

a Scottish man walks into a bar in canada
              He noticed there is an animal's head hanging on the wall and asked the bartender what is it

"A moose" replied the bartender

"Jeezt! How big are the cats here?" Said the scot

Scottish guy rings in to his boss.
              I am sorry boss I won't be in work today.

Boss: Why not?

Scottish guy: I have a wee cough.

Boss: You have a wee Cough?

Scottish guy: Oh thanks boss, I was only going to take today off.

The head greenkeeper of St Andrews golf course was out inspecting the greens one morning when he spotted a golfer bending over the stream on the 18th, scooping up water with his hand and drinking it.

'Haw', he shouted, 'Ye shouldnae drink that watter, it's got coo's pish in it!'

The golfer looked up and replied, 'I'm sorry old chap, I'm English and I'm afraid I couldn't understand a word you were saying'

The greenkeeper shouted back, 'I said, use both hands, you'll get more in!'

A Scottish soldier goes to the US for special military training...
              The next day morning he goes to the platoon and after looking at him the officer asks him:

\- Private, did you come here to die?

To which he responds:

\- No sir, I came here yesterday. think about it .

Why does Scottish Mickey Mouse no longer use his helicopter?
              It Disney land.

A Scottish man walks into a bakery and says "excuse me, is that a Doughnut or a Meringue?"
              To which the baker replies "no, you're not wrong, it's a Doughnut."

Two Scottish nuns had just arrived to the US by boat when one said to the other, "I heard that the occupants of this country actually eat dogs."

"Odd," her companion replied, "But if we shall live in America, we might as well do as the Americans do."

Nodding emphatically, the mother superior pointed to a hot dog vendor and they both walked towards it. "Two dogs, please," said one.

The vendor was only too pleased to oblige and he wrapped both hot dogs in foil. Excited, the nuns hurried over to a bench and began to unwrap their 'dogs'.

The mother superior was first to open hers, stared at it for a moment, then leaned over to the other nun and whispered cautiously, "What part did you get?"

What do you call a little boy who’s half French and half Scottish?
              A oui lad
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday greetings everyone because I know for sure it’s Friday haha!!
                Trying to keep things straight just isn’t as easy as it used to be. Have I used up too many brain cells or what? Lol
                Looks like we had a brief rain shower just before I got up today but nothing since. I think the tropical storms are avoiding us for now.

PQ, yay for your day off, hope it’s been a good one
                You know from now on every time you run across a stupid & annoying person you’re going to think ‘Fi Fi”, haha!! I know I sure do even after all these years. Good job getting your craft sale filled up.

Pie, I’m sure any amount of rain is a welcome sight in your area after such a hot & dry summer. My daughter just had an IKEA kitchen put in her old house, looks great!

Cyn, your post wasn’t showing yesterday when I posted. An O2 sat of 93 is kinda low especially at rest. Check your sats during the day when you’re walking or doing housework & see if their even lower., you could possibly need a little O2. Maybe your CXR will show something. Congrats on the Trader Joe’s job, sounds perfect for you. Take good care :hug:
                PS: send me your current address when you have a minute. My mailing program doesn’t have it saved for some reason, thanks!

Mick, your fireplace looks awesome, good job! That iron could be mistaken for a weapon, be careful Lol
                Our trash company has us putting both bins out (regular & recycle) on Wednesday. Sometimes a truck comes & empties the recycle bin followed by another truck for regular trash. Sometimes they dump both bins in the same truck so I don’t think there’s a lot of recycling happening

Slo, how was the boat ride?

Hello to anyone else dropping by, have a nice night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                  Posting before I get knocked off the thread - I'll go back and see the photos after.

Mick, every one of those jokes was a winner. Thanks for the laughs... I love it! I look forward to seeing your pics of the new special additions to the fireplace... sounds beautiful. Aren't you the naughty one, putting out the wrong bin just for fun... trust me, there are those of us that need all the help that we can get to put out the correct bin!

Lav, always the hard-working one! Don't worry about getting me a tote until you have had your next art fair... I'm sure you'll sell out of all totes! We're supposed to end this debilitating heat wave tomorrow... crossing fingers...

PPQ - sheesh, that o2 number for you is so scary... so glad that you are better now - you seem able to cope with everything; good job!

Pie - I love IKEA, but the closest one to me now is 5 hours away... it never occurred to me to look online... is that how you are shopping there? Maybe it would be less confusing than being in the store (when I always got lost...)

SLO - I hope that you got out on the water - that sounds wonderful!

Wags - I really hope you are getting some time off...

Hello to all dropping by -
                  Cheers,
                  TG

Comment

TG - Huge congrats on the TJ's job!!! That's my favorite grocery store - even though they don't carry absolutely everything, it's always a positive experience and the people who work there seem to like their workplace and each other. That sure counts a lot these days!

Lav - thanks very much, I now have a new FiFi nickname for several of my least favorite politicians.

Gotta keep things short tonight - we're having freak thunderstorms and power keeps flickering off so I want to post this before losing it again.

Take care everyone and have fabulous Saturdays!!!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

hiya all..how are we doing today then? hope all is good .been raining all morning ,noticed one of the ridge tiles on the roof needs re -pointing ..need to get someone to do it ..I havent got roof crawler boards .pity.been raining all morning ,but the sun has come out ..rabbits are out ...We have got this wedding tomorrow...then we are away on Thursday .

hiya Wags ,hows things? did you have any problems with the thunderstorms?hope all is good ...have a great weekend .

hiya teegee how are you doing? hope all is good with you ...IKEA has certainly improved since they first started ...they never used to sell meatballs!!you doing anything over the weekend?

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? hope all is well with you today? you must have sent the rain this way...We have the same with the bins this way too...its strange they are quite adamant you must put specific in individual bins ...and then they chuck them both in the same wagon ...to be checked on a conveyor belt in the tips ...have a great weekend .....

hiya everyone else ..hope all is good with yall...have a good one .
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

The boat ride was short since unexpected very dark clouds and a rainstorm popped up. So we rode in the boat in the raindrops, then stopped for appetizers on a restaurant patio, and it started to downpour. Raced the boat back to their house…then on my way home a double rainbow popped up, and it was a beautiful evening the rest of the evening! I suppose the weather can be unstable when the temperature gets so high (high 90s F -not as hot as it is by TG!). Today it feels almost downright cold.
                        [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] might be on her way home this weekend.

I like the ‘kilt’ jokes, Mick!

I’m thrilled for you that your life (and your taxes!) should be simplified and enhanced by your new job at Trader Joe’s, TG.
                        What you said about the loss of our previous homes with all our trees: you’re right…that was then and this is now. Yes, losses were incurred, but we can do this. Yes, we can and we will. Thank you.

PQ, were you able to sleep? You scheduled a day off at the right time. Yes, your last boss was fifi!
                        I picked up some sweet corn to have with my dinner.

I had my last Gokhale movement & posture class yesterday and, since I was in that area, I went to my niece’s soccer game yesterday evening.
                        Tomorrow I am riding in the Slow Roll bike ride with my daughter and her nephew. My nephew bailed on us.
                        My next door neighbor just visited with me outside for like two hours, between our houses. Some people are just so nice! Luckily I live next to one!
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

So it’s finally Saturday for real haha!!
                          Not going to lie, it’s hot as hell here today. The thermometer on my deck was reading 111 degrees at one point this afternoon, ugh. Of course we have the extra humidity too.
                          Finishing up my 24 tote bags this weekend. Ordered another 24 - just in case since my wholesaler was having a good sale
                          Speaking of Ikea, we have one down just outside of Baltimore. It’s not a bad trip on a quiet day, should go soon.

Cyn, thanks for catching up with your address. Hope you’re feeling better today. It’s good to get out for some exercise but not if your temps are like mine. Maybe an indoor treadmill walk would be better. Thinking about dusting mine off, can’t deal with these temps.

Wags, you have no idea how many times over the past 35+ years I’ve looked at or heard someone & thought - shut up FiFi haha!!!! It’s a good tool to have when you know you need to keep your mouth shut
                          Hope your air is clearer now so you can be outside as well.

Mick, sorry you can send the rain back my way. The weather geniuses are tracking tropical storms heading towards the US. Looks like Florida is on the target. Hope you stay off of the roof. I insist ob hiring people who do that stuff for a living & have the right tools. YB has been limping all day, claims to have slept ‘wrong’. Can you imagine what a fall from the roof would do to him? Geez!

PQ, Slo & everyone - hello & hope you’re all well.
                          Let’s all have a nice night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X