10th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10th September

MAE ALL...waited for Lav to post yesterday and then I forgot all about it. LOL Nice quiet day, no boss. Got my craft fair vendors all sorted out, I am official full now. We're having a mini heatwave this weekend, one last kick at the can before fall. It's supposed to rain all next week, maybe Mick will get a break.

Mick...I loved all the pics you sent, thank you for doing that. Driving in the rain and dark isn't fun. Glad you got home safe and sound. Hope you get some nice fall days.

Lav...wow, what a great pic. So sorry to hear about the fire but kinda glad your son was at his regular job. It's so sad that so many people have lost their homes but at least everyone is safe. Are you selling your 5+ year car, I'm in the market. LOL With the prices of used vehicles you can probably pay off the new one. I'm glad your weather at least is cooperating. Coworker was at Walmart today and they have an end of season sale on, joggers, sweat shirts, bathing suits, hoodies all for $5. I hope they don't sell out before I get there tomorrow.

Slo...your post sounded a bit more up beat, glad you enjoyed your day with the grandkids. Sorry your Dr.'s visit wasn't more positive but you've got the tools to deal with it.

I'm glad it's Friday, ready for a rest. Shout out to the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,
      Just walked in from a shift? the ?kids? there are starting to see me as more of a co-worker? and there are other ?silver? team members, so things are becoming less stressed and a little friendlier? all good.
      Mick, sorry about the rain, but so grateful you got home safely. Your pictures helped me feel as if I took a vacation! Thank you!
      Lav, so sorry about those fires? fire is so destructive? good luck w/YB and your new car!
      Pie - how?s things?
      PPQ, hoping all is steady on?
      Wags, hoping you are getting a break now and then?
      SLO - good luck with the knee stuff? sounds very taxing - hoping for less pain for you?
      Sorry if I missed anyone - brain is mush, muscles are complaining, off to bed early tonight?
      Wishing all well -
      TG

Comment

Lav - that's such a shame about the fire and the destroyed old buildings, homes and businesses, but also such great news that there were no deaths or injuries - pretty amazing really. Enjoy your nice weather and your NEW CAR!!!

TG - Glad you're finding some camaraderie with your coworkers. It makes work days so much more pleasant, doesn't it?

Mick - hope the weather held for you and you had some sun (or at least less rain!). So much fun seeing all the pics you've been sharing!

My easy work schedule weeks are over, but I'm not crazy busy like I was before. I've actually had a chance to create a few new pieces of my curriculum, so that's slowly coming together as well. Day off tomorrow - farmers market, our community garden, and visiting my dad will fill most of the day. Hot weather came back but hopefully just for a few days.

Hellos to Pie, PQ, Slo, and anyone else who stops by.

Take care everyone!
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? hope all is well with everyone .Slept well last night ,got up this morning and picked the rabbits up ,unloaded the van ,checked it all out ,and then cut the grass,and weeded the front garden .Car was covered in sand we have had one of those Sahara storms .Julie went to see her dad today ,not in the best of health ,but a lot of it has to do with the medication ,There is a doctor going on Monday to review all the meds he is on .
          Great to see the peskies again ,missed them .

hiya Lav ,that was some fire ,what a mess ...I dont really subscribe to your relaxation methodology ...going around Wal mart ...nah ..we will give that one a miss ..Lookig at Longwood Gardens and Culzean ..you would almost think they were twinned some of the layouts and features!!How is yb doing?

hiya Wags ...how did the market go? even more how did the visit with your dad go ? hope it went well..At least we havent got rain here today ...have a good weekend .

hiya teegee ,how are things with you then?Glad you enjoyed the pictures ..Is it an easy weekend for you?

hiya ppqp ...well how are you doing ? did you get any joggers etc ?its hammered down yesterday and the day before and now they are talking about another heatwave!!!according to our schedule the next break is the beginning of December ,then Chrimbo ...Ive a funny feeling thats subject to change ...hope you have a good weekend ..

big hello to everyone else ...

379114527_701470178676964_7885773663271616337_n.jpg

379315006_312023058039490_8888574541086331711_n.jpg

379062715_312400181335111_4811805619119737449_n.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...up early this morning, lab work done, 4 outfits bought at Walmart, groceries bought and now I have the whole day to do nothing. LOL

TG...I'm glad the "kids" have accepted you as a coworker. LOL Glad things are getting less stressed and friendlier. It makes working so much easier, and I should know. LOL Yup, everything appears to be "steady on". Boss was off on Friday and is also taking Monday off. I love my DF days.

Wags...glad you're not crazy busy with work, well done on the new pieces for the curriculum. Hope you got some great finds at the farmers market. We'll be turning the water off at the community garden beginning of October. Unfortunately we've become inundated with voles. I anyone knows how to deal with them, please share. Hope you found your Dad in qood spirits today.

Mick...wow, you've been busy this morning. Sahara storm! From one extreme to the next. I bet the peskies missed you too. Hope the Doctor can make some adjusts to Julie's Dad's meds. I know it made a big difference with my Dad when he was in assistant care. Another heatwave until December. I think you're right in that will probably change. I sure hope next year's weather isn't as extreme but some how I feel it's even going to be worse.

Have a little bit of disposable income at the moment and am thinking of going and getting a Air Fryer. Just can't decide if I can give up the counter space. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

A whole day to do nothing, PQ! Such a treat! Except, you already did quite a bit. Glad you got some of the sale items at Walmart before they were all picked over. I went to Eddie Bauer Outlet yesterday for some retail therapy, but the prices were actually really high I thought for an outlet store.
              Good thing the boss takes 4-day weekends for himself, so you can have some DF days!

Listen to this, Lav, from AARP: “The pickleball craze…is driving a boom in hip replacements, knee operations and other joint procedures…estimates injuries to “picklers” will cost $250 million to $500 million in 2023.” !
              How naive of me to attribute your sudden new car to YB being “nice”. You know the truth: that there is manipulation involved.

Glad your young coworkers are being inclusive, TG. I remember working as a young person with other young women, and the new middle-aged woman wasn’t being accepted by them. And she was only in her late 40s! Then, I had a stint of going back to work in my late 40s: and I wasn’t being accepted by the young female workers! Thankfully that’s not the culture at TJ’s.

Welcome home, Mick. Did I miss Hadrian’s Wall? No, “beefstew” is not a stroganoff password!

I skipped the farmers market today, Wags, because I didn’t eat my vegetables yet from last week. Bit by bit, you’re making headway on both your new office and your new tutorials.
              [MENTION=12998]Pie[/MENTION], how is the Life of Pi? How are the challenges of year one of nascent sobriety? Or has it already been a year!?! I think it has been! Time flies.

I wish you all good weekends.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here & we both drove out of the car dealer with new vehicles & NO payments due!! We got good $$ for our trade-ins & just robbed our personal savings accounts, haha. I’m too old for car payments at this point, Lol. I’m thinking these vehicles should last us a good long while, hope so anyway.
                YB is still hurting but it’s not continuously. He says it comes & goes & I see that as an improvement. I’m trying to teach him some breathing techniques to relax, he’s always tensed up. Maybe he’ll actually listen for a change, who knows?

Slo, one of my nurse friends moved to FL & the first thing she did was fracture her wrist falling on a pickleball court. I was surprised because she’s small & in fairly good shape. Some of them just shouldn’t even be allowed on the courts haha. After thinking overnight about the new car thing I decided I will get it & avoid having to replace the old one a few years down the line. It was out of warranty & of course that’s when things start to fall apart. I think it was a good decision.

PQ, glad yo took advantage of the Walmart sales, cool. Giving up some counter space wasn’t as hard as I thought once I realized how much faster I can cook things & save $ on the energy bill. It’s a win win I think . Look at the Cuisinart (if you can get them in Canada). Mine has a dual function air fryer & convection roasting features. Love it!

Mick, sounds like you’re back to your usual routine. I guess the bunnies are happy now. Hope Julie’s dad is OK. Meds can be so harsh on the elders.
                I like the stroganoff password too

Wags, always good to be not crazy busy haha! I think too many years of that crazy busy lifestyle contributed greatly to my downfall years ago, why do we push ourselves so damn hard anyway? It’s crazy. Hope your heatwave is short lived.

Cyn, glad to hear you’re settling in at TJs. I’ve been in two of the stores & they were both great. I imagine you’ll be seeing some improvement in your sleep after being busy on your feet for hours.

Hello to Pie, NS & anyone else jumping in tonight.
                Have a nice night all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I missed your comment that the new car was a bit of manipulation, so I was another person thinking your husband was being nice. It sounds like it went smoothly and you're happy (I hope) with the outcome. This is probably a good time to be trading in a used car - I think there's still a huge demand so their value is high.

Mick - sorry your last day of your vacation got washed out. Driving in the rain and dark can be very stressful - I'm sure you were both glad to get home. My visit with my dad was ok, thanks for asking. He was in kind of a "meh" mood, but that's better than being upset or confused to the point of distress. How is Julie's dad doing? Has he started to feel more at home?

Slo - ok, your pickleball statistics got my attention. I have never played and really want to try it, but it sounds like I should bubble-wrap myself first so I don't need any joints replaced afterwards!

Ok I'm literally falling asleep as I write this so I need to shut down and get some sleep.

Hellos and waves to Pie, PQ, TG, and everyone else I missed. Happy weekends to all!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Quick post tonight? thanks for everyone?s news - Mick, glad to hear you are back safe and sound? hello to all else, sending everyone good tidings.
                    I had #2 stress test today (nuclear - with dyes,etc). There is definitely damage to my heart, so Friday they?ll do a ?cardiac cath?; minimally invasive technique to go in and take some pics and see what?s up. I?m sorry it has come to this, but I guess it?s better than having me keel over at work.
                    Telling my TJ managers was a little stressful - they weren?t too happy, as I was just trained in, and this is beginning the busiest time, but I assured them this was the best way to get to a ?fix? asap. It will be some days before I can lift boxes, though. And they won?t let me work my shifts these next few days. Oh well.

I?m going to try to not think about that whole situation? I just hate causing difficulties for others? normally my specialty is being ?the fixer?? oh well. Life goes on.

Long day, tired? sorry not to address each one of you - take care!!
                    TG

Comment

TG...I don't know why your post appeared here, after Wags post on the 16th, but I'm glad I saw it.

So sorry to hear about the outcome of your stress test. A cardiac cath on Friday sounds scary to me, I'm glad you said it was minimally invasive. I'm sure telling the TJ managers was stressful and I hope they consider your health over their workplace. I hear you about causing difficulties for others as you are the fixer but now it's time to be selfish and just look after you. Do not think about that whole situation, just concentrate on you for now. Sending positive thoughts and lots of love :heartbeat:...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                      X