Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 17th september

Good evening group,

Good day here plus we had a visit from our daughter & her family. I think it helped lift YB’s spirit at least for a while. Decided I wasn’t cooking today so I ordered food & took my granddaughter with me to go pick it up. She loved the new car & showed me how to add new radio stations because I didn’t have a clue, Lol. 12 1/2 & they know all this stuff.

Mick, our weather should be heading your way right now. We have a big coastal storm moving in tonight. I guess it will make things too wet to woo haha!!
    I managed to get all of the coffee into the cups & pot today. Proud of myself Lol. Btw - I know a few tools as well!!

Slo, congrats on the epic sleep. We have to be grateful as these things tend to be quite rare. Maybe talking to your friend relaxed you more than yo realized.
    Hope your weekend is good!

PQ, I find getting distracted happens so easily these days, scares me a little. I’m already a major klutz, haha.
    I hope your early morning goes well.

Wags hello to you!

Cyn, hope you are planning an easy weekend for yourself :hug:

Hello to anyone else dropping in & wishing everyone a nice night!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TG - thinking about you and hoping everything went smoothly today :hug:

Mick - your cabinet refurb looks fantastic! Sorry to hear your weather is still so soggy though.

Slo - hooray for getting so much good sleep! I can't even imagine sleeping 8 hours. Sounds like you're having some good family time though. Hope the meet-n-greet went goes or went well.

PQ - glad your boss had your back with the newsletter articles. Enjoy your beautiful weather this weekend!

Lav - kids sure are comfortable with tech these days, aren't they? Hope you got some of your fave radio stations programmed

Pie - hope you're doing well

This past week has felt incredibly long. I have one class early tomorrow morning and then the rest of the weekend off, and am really looking forward to that free time. We've got loads of projects around the house as we wrap up the summer season and prepare for fall, but it'll at least be a change of pace from my very mentally draining work.

Happy weekends everyone - hope you all have good ones!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

hiya all how are we doing today then? hope all is well ..really foggy this morning ,it was very autumnal.and cold....time to put the heating on ...including for the rabbits .It has come really sunny now ..Julie is away for paint to decorate the front room.

hiya ppqp how are you doing today then?phone off?Good idea ...dropping the kids off at the door ...better idea....drop them off at someone elses door .ha ha .did you open the centre this morning? do you have to put it all back together afterwards ?take care and have a decent weekend .

hiya Slo how are you? I slept pretty good last night too.first time for a wee while have you any plans for the weekend or is it a busy doing nothing one ...Im off up into the loft when madam gets back with the paint .

hiya Wags ...weekend time ...you can slow down now !!hope all is well with your dad ...

hiya Lav .how are you? glad your grand daughters visit was useful!!!!congrats on getting the coffee in the cups ....it was sunny here but it is clouding over now ........hope yb is ok ...

big shout to everyone else..have a good one .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

We’ve had close to 1 1/2” of rain from this storm so far with windy gusts bringing down small tree limbs. They can stay there for a while, I really don’t care haha. Spent the afternoon in the kitchen but came up with a pot of good bean soup with lots of veggies & some biscuits baked in the air fryer. Also baked a batch of chicken meatballs in there. YB is still hobbling around, next epidural appt. Is Wednesday. Hope he finally gets some relief.

Wags, I guess it’s officially autumn now & time for those certain projects. Good luck with yours, I’m sure I’ll not be getting too much done at this point but. That’s OK. Make it a good weekend

Mick, still finding home projects to do, good for you!
          It really is amazing how the kids just automatically know how to handle the latest technology. Bless their little hearts, Lol

Hello to Cyn, hope you’re having a restful day!

Slo, PQ, Pie & everyone - hello!

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,
            Thank you all for your good thoughts - they really helped me ? and in turn I was determined to hand on all the kindness and cheerfulness you gave me - Lav, every nurse reminded me of you, so I talked with them all and we had cheerful conversations? I think they are pretty unused to that, but I was so impressed with all they handle with such good grace, it was easy to complement them. The test didn?t uncover anything dramatic, and it was done in the least-invasive option, so I have a lot to be grateful for!!!
            Since I haven?t needed to be in a hospital since I had my tonsils out at 5, I thought I?d better make the most of it. The support from all of you made such a difference, thank you!!!
            I did realize the night before that (if I had not been able to return to my apartment) there would have been lots of instructions needed for family? so now I?m working on that list? since I live alone, I had better write all the details down?
            Great to hear how all are doing? Lav, so glad that the family came and buoyed YB?s spirits?and you can tell your granddaughter that I need her help too! Mick, I?ve heard of ?distressed? wood, but you are really going for the prize, can?t wait to see pics, SLO hope all is good with planning for your meeting, PPQ, you are busy as ever, Wags, you sound very worn out -I hope you get a break soon - Pie, how are things?
            Thank you all again for your kindness - must go and get some rest now!
            Cheers,
            TG

Comment

TG - so glad to see your update and to hear that things went so smoothly. That must be a relief that they didn't find anything major. Nurses really are fantastic, aren't they? I'm sure yours loved having such a positive experience with you.

Lav and Mick - we're about to join you in the rainy weather. They're saying an "Atmospheric River" is going to hit the pacific northwest starting tonight or tomorrow. Ugh!

Had a really good day here. One class first thing this morning then hustled for several hours prepping the house and yard for the super rainy stretch we're heading into and just general "end of summer" stuff. We got a ton done and still finished in time to relax late afternoon and this eve.

Hellos and waves to Slo, Pie, PQ and everyone else. Hope your Sundays are wonderful!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
              X