Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW MODDERS

rolypoly,
    I have been much more successful at reducing my frequency than stopping at one. Control is easier once you get alcohol out of your system, which takes a week. Many seem to try that "stop at one" approach, but I believe with more limited success. I just wanted to let you know that there is another moderate drinking option, for you to consider and make your own choice.

Your family will welcome your return.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Thanks Sunbeam,
      I stopped at one first two days. Had none the following 8 then back to one. Was easy there. They needed me to be awake and helpful....my best self. The day I got home it became a huge issure again. Thanks for caring,
      roly

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Sometimes I feel so rebellious that I don't want the supplements, I just want a few beers, and feel like I'd be wasting the supps if I take them...like I want a day off and want to start over the next day. Not a good attitude, I know...I want to believe that I can moderate. I keep starting over...

Comment

NEW MODDERS

And it is really good to read that there are people who have made this work. I admire and congratulate you. You inspire me.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Well, after abstaining for two weeks, I am back to trying to moderate, not sure if this will work, but I honestly couldn't stand myself or anyone else when I was abstaining!!! Big excuse, I am sure but thats the best I can do right now....haven't posted for a few days because I felt like an idiot, (still do actually, lol)
            Take care
            P
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

NEW MODDERS

periwinkle;448978 wrote: Hi there,

I next purchased the book, read it and became convinced that I should follow the program exactly for the best results. I got all the supps, organized them just as RJ suggested, got topamax from my dr, got the cds, made an exercise plan, and decided to do 30 days AF. I began the full blown plan on Sunday, so this is day 4, and I feel great!

periwinkle
              So how is it going? My Hubby & I have the book..I've read it, hes's started, we've started doing the supp's and the CD's & will have the Topa, tonight or tomorrow...we already have an exercise program going. Thursday will be our first AF day...looking to have the weekend to cope with days 3 & 4...I had heard they were the worst...but you indicated feeling "great " on day 4...so maybe it, won't be too bad after all...
              were you an everyday drinker?

Rejuve:new:

Comment

NEW MODDERS

I agree with Sunbeam that drinking only some days is better for me than trying to stop at one daily. I went AF for 18 days and have kept moderation in control since. My goal is to not drink two to three days a week and keep total under ten for the week. This keeps the strong urge to drink more subdued for me while not having the problems of over drinking. My other rules are to never drink on empty stomach, always drink water at same time and never drink before 6:30 pm.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Good for you. I want to start later, too. If I start early in the day and say "just a couple of beers" I almost always seem to want to keep going. If I can't follow that rule, and also add AF days, then my only rule will have to be - not drinking at all.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Millie, Rejuv, mg and ag,

I know it's been almost a month since you guys were posting to this thread but I've been lurking here for a couple of days. Was previously posting on just starting out threads - anyway - I'm finding it kind of quite on the MOD thread. As for me, I went 19 days AF and then started back up but have limited myself to only 2 5-oz. glasses of wine a day. For me, I guess discipline is the key. I used to start drinking as soon as I came home from work - on the weekends, it could never be before noon (but look out after that!). Now I don't start my first glass until usually around 8:00 at night. I try to sip (instead of gulp it down) and have to literally talk my self out of drinking any more than what I've allowed. I measure it out in a container - so that helps.

Anyone else got any clever ideas on this modding thing?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

hey guys, a few of you might know me, i'm back after nearly a year and ready to try to mod once more. My start date is monday and any advice on makign a plan and sticking to it is really appreciated
                      When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

NEW MODDERS

AllApologies;807230 wrote: hey guys, a few of you might know me, i'm back after nearly a year and ready to try to mod once more. My start date is monday and any advice on makign a plan and sticking to it is really appreciated
                        Welcome back AllAplogies/ThatGirl. :welcome:

Remember:

The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                        -James Hetfield, Metallica

I believe you posted that quote once so we're glad you're back and that you don't want to keep repeating the same mistakes. The Mod Squad hangs over on the Long Term Thread so cut and paste what you wrote here and start a thread over there and you'll get a ton of responses.

:l
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

NEW MODDERS

I am so greatful tonight to say i had 0 drinks. I came so close, wanted one bad, had all intentions of doing it, got on here , read posts, craving left as I got into the posts. its bedtime, I made it. Thanks to all who post because it sure kept me busy reading tonight. yay night all

Comment

NEW MODDERS

flowerpower;807362 wrote: I am so greatful tonight to say i had 0 drinks. I came so close, wanted one bad, had all intentions of doing it, got on here , read posts, craving left as I got into the posts. its bedtime, I made it. Thanks to all who post because it sure kept me busy reading tonight. yay night all
                            :goodjob:
                            We're glad the posts gave you the support you needed. As we said above, if you get distracted with other things, very often the urge will pass.

:l
                            Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

NEW MODDERS

It si OK to jump in here as this Mod thing is what I aspire to. I was prescribed Campral and beginning tomorrow so have the sups and CD (could do the Topomax) so have been AF for 4 days in preparation. Looking forward to having one or two on occastion and not getting a hangover. So hello to you all and I look forwad to some Mod inspiration.

Comment

NEW MODDERS

Cash,
                                You'll find plenty of it on the mod boards. Come on over to long term moderation where everybody posts daily and checks daily posts!
                                Eve11

Comment

Working...
                                X