X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed. Oct. 11th

Hello Muffins!

Rachele--it sounds like a few activities might be fun to "relearn"

Lush--please tell us how it goes tonight!!

Jen-- thanks for the topic!

The most challenging thing for me is hands down no doubt about it, is outbursts of anger. At the end of a long day at the office my normal habit was to drink my wine and then go about my motherly and wifely duties. Now, if I am doing a AF day, I have a very short fuse and very little patience. I can easily get very upset about an untidy house or homework not being done, my husband asking me for one more favor..ect....Part of it is the edginess of not drinking the alcohol but the other part is my own coping skill or lack there of. I need to let my kids fail sometimes and suffer the consequences and I need to learn how to tell my husband that he needs to be more sellf sufficient. I have learned that while I'm buzzed, I'll take a great deal...When I'm sober...watch out
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

EXACTLY Pinot. I am the exact same way. How can we deal with that anger better? And Allie, hmmmm, not sure what to say to you. The image of you flying off your dresser in lingerie will be stuck with me all day long...................
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Yes, another very, very good point.
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

I promise I dont have a buzz... just a hidden identity here! LOL! I would never tell my friends in the real world such things. So in the meantime, while trying to find that "balance", I will not be jumping off any dressers, but I'll have to stick to to the night table since its closer to the bed and a little lower. And no kinky lingerie either.

Good luck tonight Lush. I think I saw a magazine cover at the store yesterday that boasted a woman who claims you can walk off five pounds by sunset....I'll pick it up for you and find out her secret!

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Please do Allie. He just called and I am sitting her on the verge of puking. It is really hard to see someone you have not seen in 20 YEARS!!!!!! Especially when I am not feeling good about myself physically these days. I know that sounds vain but I used to be sort of a hottie and I just don't want him to look at me and wonder how I let myself go. This is such a women issue. My husband is actually laughing at me this morning because he is finding my neuroticism very funny. He keeps telling me I look great but I told him that when you live with someone you do not see the changes that take place over time, like growing a second ass. Maybe I will send him out to find me a girdle to tighten up my tush??!!! Will give you all of the details tomorrow.

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

LUSC - LOL! You are hilarious!
              LOL!
              As for Allie - I do love that imagery as well of the flying off the dresser thing. Priceless!
              I LOVE you guys!
              Oh,and I DO have a short fuse too...
              HMMMM
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Lush,

I just wanted you to know that this is what he looks like today

So don't worry! Everything will be fine!

Tell him we said hello Attached files [img]/converted_files/145390=96-attachment.jpg[/img]
                :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

You owe me a new keyboard, Rachele...........I just spit water all over it. Thanks for trying to make me feel better.

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Great topic Jen!!

I can relate to everything, everyone has said here. And Allie, my dear, I think you need a new avatar! I'm sure we all have a new image of you in our minds eye!:H

One of the things that has been a bit of a "thorn in my side"... living in a small town & all... (I'm sure you're all well aware of!!). Once you're labeled as an alcoholic, heavy, or problem drinker, it sticks ... forever... no matter what.

But thanks to this program & the support here, I know that if someone can't accept me because of my past, & they can't accept that someone can make positive changes in their life, it's not my problem... it's theirs.

But indeed, the Ol anger issue.. that's the tuff one for me! When I get mad or hurt & start drinking "on a mission"... that's never a good thing!
                    Although at least the other night I was able to catch myself before I got too far out of hand

:l Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Lush, a second ass? That's too funny!:H

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Yep, and a second chin as well.......

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Chin up! Girlfriend! I've always had "thunder thighs", when I was born, my Dad said, "Well it's not a boy, but it's gonna be football player. Look at those thighs!"

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Of course, all the gymnastics, skiing, biking, hiking,etc, hasn't made em any smaller!!

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

They do create a "weeble wable" effect in a kayak though!:H

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Ha Judie!

I have decided I am getting to the restaurant early so I can already be seated and I will sit with chin jutted up in the air the entire evening. Then when it is time to leave I will walk out backwards with my head held high!!! And No I won't look ridiculous doing it, right????

Comment

Working...
                                X