Wed. Oct. 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed. Oct. 11th

Jen, I type so darn slow, we were typing at the same time! It just took me 5 times longer to post 1/3 of what you did! I'll have to give some thought to a response. Not ignoring you !! But my answer to stress has always been Run like Hell!! Or get on the stairmaster or xbike, or just get outa the house...walk by the river, (if there's one nearby)& throw rocks!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Good grief, I cannot even read your latest posts as I am swooning over my "date". He told me I was a sight for sore eyes and that my complexion was dewy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he did not hit on me. He is happily married, we had a great time and he and the fam are coming over tomorrow night for dinner. It was such a self-esteem booster for both for of us I think. I only had 3 glasses of wine which was shocking. I will fill you all in tomorrow after I read your postings!! XOXO
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Lush...I'm so glad you had a wonderful evening..sometimes it's all we need is just for someone aside from our husbands to give us a much needed compliment..even if it is telling us it's our complexion is dewy!
        Jen--speaking of carreers...every think about counseling..you're amazing! I wanted to post all day yesterday as I had checked in but didn't get a chance to post....you summed up my feelings exactly as I was going to babble on and on about how I was definatley able to relate to every one's feelings...about all of this...I struggle so much it seems...I am so overly hyper sensitive to everything without this freaking alcohol crutch I've had all my life. And Isolation is a big one!! How I have chosen to avoid anything and everything just to stay home and drink my wine...Anger--Oh--my poor family--that's a tough one.
        Thanks for a great topic...I just really wanted to say thanks for such a thoughtful insights on this!
        Love you all.
        sm-mary

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

I was a little worried when I posted the picture of that guy. I thought to myself (my insecure self) "you don't know what these people look like and what if they don't think that guy really is ugly" Then my more secure self took over and said "hey, if you google ugly and his picture comes up he has got to be ugly right? If I google ugly and your picture comes up, I'm posting it!"

Anyway, I thought that would be kind of a funny way to close this thread!:H
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

SO glad you had a great time, Lush! What fun! Gonna see him again, huh? hmmmmm. hee hee! Is he hot? Just wondering:H
            Jen, great idea for the thoughts. I'm sorry I'm posting about yesterday's stuff this morning AGAIN. I just don't have the time at night any more. My kids are turning into wild beasts for some reason and I'm so stinking tired at night. This might go along with yesterday's topic. An adjustment for me (maybe not necessarily a challenge...) is that I do all my wifely, motherly, and job related duties, take my topa, have perhaps a couple/few drinks or NOT (yesterday, 3, the day before, 0), then I CRASH. I used to stay up past hubby and screw around on the computer or watch TV til 11, 12, whatever and drink and drink. It was my "fun alone" time that left me feeling like sh*t in the morning. I just rarely (if ever) do that anymore! It used to be 3-4 times per wk. Allie and I have talked about this. Going to bed, make up and clothes still on sometimes... wake up with dry mouth needing some orange juice or ginger ale, NOT coffee. Ya know? Suffer through the morning ritual. Not that this NEVER happens anymore (I'm not perfect yet), but it is very very rare. Used to be frequent.
            Back to challenges, the sex thing FOR SURE. Losing weight has helped me with the confidence, but I was all about the kinky lingerie, and Jenna Jamieson videos and...ummm toys? yeaaaaah. Although I did not leap of dressers or night stands (Allie, is that why you had to get new furniture, or was that due to the pee incident? OMG you are gonna KILL me over these last 2 days posts!!!!!!!!!) , I was getting pretty flexible (so I was told) after 2 bottles of wine. Oh lord. I can't do that stuff sober! ARRRGHHH!!!

Anger is certainly another challenge. The patience issue with the kids. Although I am definitely more prone to go take them out to a park or go do something other that tell them to play their PlayStation if I'm not drinking. It's getting better. I've been at it since Feb, remember! And been through some CRAP! I definitely think the abs route would be more challenging at first and I completely respect those who chose that route. To have to do the explanations and ward off the temptation at first would be extremely challenging. At least with the mod. route and the topa, you can have your few drinks at a party or whatever, and the autopilot MOST OF THE TIME kicks in to slow you down. It's still an adjustment from just "free for all" drinking though, that's for certain. Mindful drinking is just responsible, and that was a switch for me.

OK, off to work again.

OH JEN: about the topa and seizure thing with the dosage. That's what I was talking about yesterday. Yes, topa is an anti-convulsant, and that's what my doc is always referring to "don't run out". You're not supposed to be at a high dose then just suddenly stop, because you could be at a risk for seizures. Hence the titration schedule. You are FINE if you are dosing it as you should. No worries, girl.

Hubby will be at rugby tonight so I'll try to be on time with my entry! Sorry!!
            How is Mary Anne's husband?

Comment

Wed. Oct. 11th

Jen, Sorry I didn't see your last post yesterday! But looks like Becca answered it as well as I can. I'm not a Doctor. There is a lot of unknown territory regarding seizures. But, not a good idea to play around with the medications & dosages... ie: going on & off of it... hence the need for titrating up down slowly.

Like I said, I do take a different medication for my seizures. I take the Topa as well, but for the same reason everyone here does. Hope that I didn't confuse the C**p out of you!
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
              X