Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

Hi all -

Don't really have much to report; Jim is having a biopsy done on his lung today. After that, the docs can start his treatment protocol. As of right now, he has a large tumor in his lung (yep, he was a smoker; 30 years) which spread to his brain. He has one definite tumor, possibly two in his brain.

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and good thoughts. You have no idea how much it means to me to know that we have that much support. It's very difficult, as we are hundreds of miles away from home, so our support system is by phone only.

I will try to keep you updated, but right now I"m falling over from exhaustion. I'm gonna go sleep - :l :h
    :teeter:

Comment

Tuesday

Allie, Hope you're feeling better soon.:l

Just where are all of these "RULES" coming from on here anyway?

And where is that extended middle finger emoticon when you need it?:H

Like I always say to my Hubby, "You're not the BOSS of ME!!"
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday

:l Gypsi--

I wish you and your husband all of the best in the world. You will remain in my thoughts.

:heart: E

Comment

Tuesday

Well said, Judie!

Comment

Tuesday

Gypsi, Thank you for the up date. Hope you're able to get some good sleep. Thinking of you... Peace & Prayers:h

:l Judie

Comment

Tuesday

Gypsi, it means a lot to us as well that you checked in with us. Please be well. Do not let yourself get run down. Your husband needs you. Stay in touch. Huge hugs for you both.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday

Wow Mike.... Don't you dare apologize for that post!:h

Just trying to catch my breath over here...

That song by Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers" comes to mind...

Comment

Tuesday

Fan, what a powerfully sad story. Thanks for sharing with us. You have been missed around here.

Comment

Tuesday

A few days before my weddiing i was sitting at a tiki bar (well i do live in the land of tiki bars) and on tv was this horrible car crash on I 4 and and it show a picture of this mangled suv and i was taling to some frineds of mine about how i hateing that road and the person responsible for building it should be shot.a few moments later my phone rings and it was my mom.It was the son of the captian the was to marry my husband and me just days later. i was heartbroken.i called this man to make arrangements for someone else to marry us and he would not have it. we had moved our wedding day twice already so he could be the one to do it.He cried al the way through our wedding vows.Later on i found out the last words he had said to his father were "i have to make sure they remember i have to take off sat for the wedding".You just never know.

Comment

Tuesday

oh and you wanted something funny. im sitting in my house freezing to death in big socks flannel pj bottoms, a t-shirt, and blue jean shirt because it is 69 degrees in here. now you guys up north im sure will find that funny!
                      :H

Comment

Tuesday

Mike--

I can only post briefly because things are heating up at work. However, I want to say that the last thing that would have come to my mind upon reading your post was that it was a sympathy ploy! It touched me very deeply that you shared what happened. God, how awful!

Mojo--

I think that the captain was honoring his son when he conducted your marriage ceremony. May your marriage be one made in heaven.

Now I have to go back to work. I'll post more later.

Comment

Tuesday

Wow - so many here have been through deep things. Losses, heartbreakes, etc. Fan, I am so sorry that happened; I cant imagine. Mojo - what an awesome person to have marry you and your husband. Such loyalty that obviously has been passed onto to the two of you.

Judie - I was wondering the same thing myself... amazing how that happens, huh? Oh by the way, there were lots on chat last time I talked to you, so was meaning to ask how far are you from Portland?? Really far? How about Prineville? Will be going there at some point in the near future... sure wish it was close to you, but am thinking its not at all. I need to go look at a map.

Emotions have sapped a lot of my energy today, but I am going to force myself to do at least 30 minues of treadmill. Hopefully some "happy" endorphins will be released!

Allie
                          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Tuesday

Wow, how profound today's posts are. Mike, Allie, Gypsi, Mojo, Lush, Eustacia - I understand. My heart goes out to all of you.

Laura - how true!! Judie and E - thanks for lightening the boards up a bit today! Waves you were quite inspirational with your story this morning. I loved reading it.

It is OK, to be sad, admit it, cry your eyes out, be angry , admit it, drink, or not. It is all a journey and a process that is the human condition. Anyone who holds it together perfectly ALL the time is not being honest with themselves and is missing out on some of life's lessons. It is those that confront the lessons, stare em in the face and deal with them that are progressing in the journey.

I applaud all of you coming to the boards on a regular basis, sharing love, support, honesty and daily thoughts with all of us. I for one could not do this mod thing without your love and support and excellent ideas, tried and true processes that have worked or not for each individually.

Love you all my dear friends!
                            Mary

PS: I have only been in chat once back in May or June and have to say, YIKES that place was a bit much for me! RULES or NO RULES! Sorry someone treated you badly there Allie.

Comment

Tuesday

Oh Mary, you should give chat a try again sometime. If you are not a fast typist, then yes it can get a bit overwhelming but if there are only 3-4 of us in there it can be really fun. Would love to see you in there sometime, along with all of the rest of you.....

Comment

Tuesday

Hey there MKR:l ! Yeh chat is definately a different pace! And I'm still gettin used to runnin water over here!:H (now that I'm officially outa my tree! ha) This being "civilized" can be kinda tricky!

Allie, I'm about 6 hours drive from Portland, and about 6 1/2 hrs drive from Prineville (Oregon's a BIG state) But that's only half a day's drive! If you don't stop to PEE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X