Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

OK - seems as though everyone needs a bit of inspiration around here today so I am going to post The Universe saying from this AM and then a true story from last week.

Do you know what the one question is, that we hear the most from those who've made big dreams come true? You know, once the floodgates burst open, torrents are unleashed, and they're swimming in laughter, friendships, and dinero? In the very same moments that it seems the entire world is beating a path to their door with more love, appreciation and opportunities than they've ever known?

"What on earth did I ever do to deserve so much?"

And we're usually, like, "Dude, you visualized."

Beginners.

The Universe

I was in the grocery store one evening last week. I looked at the frozen duck and had this running conversation in my head. Boy would I love to have some duck been awhile. I don't have time to make duck (thinking of my favorite peking duck then, takes a day and half for dripping the fat out.) I firmly said to myself I will have duck soon. (We have it maybe once every 2 years not a regular on the diet, and I always make it.) I said nothing to hubby or anyone about this. Next day about 4:30 my hubby calls and says, I stopped at a new Asian store they had those ducks hanging in the window - I bought two of them. Are you in the mood for duck?

I know it is a small manifestation but . . . I think visualizing the desired outcome has its place.

Thanks for the invite into chat Lush!
    Love you guys,
    Mary

Comment

Tuesday

Hello to all!!! Wow! What an amazing bunch of people we have here. So many of you have been through so much in the past or are presently going through some sort of tragedy and/or loss. Your resiliance is amazing to me. I have learned so much about faith, hope and the willingless to go on from you guys. I can so easily bitch about the trivial things in life and feel overwhelmed and then you come to the boards and see what everyone else is going through. It helps to but things in perspective. So, I will no complain here and only remember to give thanks for all the good I have in my life. Stay strong my sisters and brothers....
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday

Ha Ha! MKR, That Reminds me of a funny story...

When I was working @ a real fancy French Restaurant in Colorado, one night .... I had a table of these 4 gentlemen all in suits & ties...

The specialty of the House was the "Confeit of Duck" (traditional french cuisine)

So here I am in my serving "outfit(penguin costume... black & white w/tie. etc...) When the first guy ordered the duck, one of the chefs started poundiing on something in the kitchen... So the guy looks at me and asks if that was his duck... I look right at the guy ... without batting an eye, and said "Sir, I believe He's choking his chicken".....

It just popped right out, without me even thinking!! Here are these three VERY PROFESSIONAL looking gentlemen out for a fine dining experience!

Thank GOD they laughed!!:H
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday

Judie you owe me a new keyboard! I have been freezing to death in here and went for a cup of hot tea. I literally had to use my beautiful scarf to save my outfit!! GOD, you are hysterical!!

Comment

Tuesday

Oh sue me!

The Owner of the place had a great sense of humor too! Thank God!

It was almost like a Monty Python Movie every night @ work!!:H Only in French instead of Britt

Comment

Tuesday

You just never know .... when the "inspiration" is gonna strike!

One woman I used to work for, at one time said "I can't believe the things you get away with saying to people... and they still tip you!"

She was also the Judge of the County!! Great friend to have!

Of course... she didn't hear ALL of it!!

Comment

Tuesday

Guess I don't feel so bad for being lazy today... Even the deer laying around! I just counted, there's 8 deer out in the front of the house... all of laying down! How wierd is that! They must have eaten too many apples or green figs!

Comment

Tuesday

Hi everyone...it's always so comforting to come here and just listen to the mix!

Allie, hang in there girl..I think it's totally natural that your 'cup runneth over' with feelings during this time..it's because you HAVE the capacity to feel, and it's a real gift that your bring to us every day.

Judie, you are cracking me up today!

Fan, how does one ever forget a loss like that? Thanks for sharing, and I agree that it is so helpful just to talk about some of that kind of thing otherwise we carry it heavily and not even know we are doing it...it's wonderful to have such great people recieve all of that for us, isn't it? Oh, Oh, and 3 days is great!

Hi Mary (MKR)..thanks for the tip from the universe..I count on those tips! :0)

It's a good day for me here..8 days AF and I'm starting to feel better..I have more energy and am feeling inspired and motivated..I think I'll build my first fire in the fire place. I have to make a list of things for my husband and I to do in the evenings now..we've given up cable t.v. (his addiction) and my wine..so if we don't give it some thought, we'll come home with a little void..heLL, last night we went to bed at 8:30..just because we didn't know what to do with ourselves..pretty pitiful!

Gypsi (HUGS and prayers!)

Hi Precious, Becca, Lush and all I've missed...

Comment

Tuesday

Oh No Fan..I'm totally open for suggestions..but there ARE limitations..if you REALLY want to know! :0)

Comment

Tuesday

.... Not touching this one...

I can just hear my hubby now... "Don't encourage her,... whatever you DO!!!":H

Comment

Tuesday

tee, hee, hee

Comment

Tuesday

yeah, my husband's being great, but if truth be told..I'm sure he is a little sad that I've quit drinking! :0)

Comment

Tuesday

Hmm, that comment needs no further explanation Dilayne as I think I know of which you speak......poor hubby!
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday

yaw...but we're working on it! ever hear of trantric? funny thing about being intoxicated..you mistake illusions for reality...fact is - if you can stay conscious enough (in the present moment)..especially 'then', I'm hoping it will be a million times better :0)

Comment

Tuesday

can't wait to hear about further updates with that Di!!
                                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X