Toying with the idea of modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not looking for a fight, but it seems as if you are in denial even about what moderation really is. I think it's great that you went from 12-15 drinks a day to 5 drinks a day. And if you are able to continue to lower your drinking rate I am sure that would be alot more healthy for you. But if you heard a heroin addict say, "I used to shoot up twice a day everyday, but now I only shoot up once a day and I skip Sunday's would you think they are getting better? I wouldn't, I would still think they are addicted to heroin and it's killing them.

I apologize if I can't look at it as anything other than a life or death, black or white issue. I was also drinking 12-15 drinks a day, and a half a bottle of vodka a night, I was drinking myself to death, and I know that even if I told myself I would try to mod occasionally before I quit, when I was slowing down, I could successfully have a 6 pack a night to keep the shakes away, but I would always tie on a big bender a couple times a month. If you aren't like me, then that is awesome, but I know how hard it was for me to mod...especially when I was constantly thinking about it. Drinking was a job for me.

I am not saying that you have to quit, because you don't...you will drink as long as you want to, but don't come here and act like it's candy and rainbows now, because I have been there and it ain't...it's hell. And for the first 3 months quitting was close to hell, but that hell was well worth the payoff in the end.

You and RC can continue your way, and continue drinking excessively and pat yourselves on the back to make each other feel better. All I'm saying is don't paint a pretty picture about it, because it might influence someone to believe that you found that wonderful makebelieve world where alcoholics can just slow down and live a wonderful life. Because there ain't no such place.

Comment

RingingCedars;1327986 wrote: I'll decide what is fact for me and defend others' rights to do the same. You do not have the market on it. Ok? ok... sharing information is one thing...jumping on someone's post and shoving your opionion down their throats? well that's not acceptable... share your valuable information with those who ask for it or you are welcome to start your own threads sharing what you want. OK? ok

RC the last time I commented on your post it was in reference to this statement:

RC wrote: "These words:
      I have set out here to reveal the true face of Zionism - the House of Rothschild and its networks - and how its agents in Big Government, Big Banking, Big Business, Big Pharma, Big Biotech, Big Media and so on, are working as one unit to impose a global Orwellian dictatorship on the human population - including the mass of Jewish people.

Zionism is a subject that all but a few are either too ignorant or too frightened to tackle and expose, but it must be made public and the web dismantled if global tyranny is to be avoided in the very near future."

You somehow posted this in the Holistic forum. I commented. Sorry.

But come on, let's get real honest about how well the moderating thing really works for you. I'm not selling anything, but if drinking was really such a great option, even in moderation this website wouldn't have any members in the forum. I got tired of lieing to myself a couple of years ago, and I hate to see people have to go through the pain that I put myself through. Drinking sucks and there is no way around it. And the forum is open for me to post anywhere, so don't act like I can't reply...that's what forums are for. Maybe I might say something that might help you get sober and find happiness.:l

Comment

Any newcomers to this site looking for help and support, and reading all these petty comments will be so disappointed and will surely look elsewhere.

Comment

What do I do? I feel like drinking, feel like shit can anybody tell me what to do, or are you so like being superior, god help me, cos I truly cant help myself at this moment

Comment

I won't comment in the moderation areas anymore. As far as the "superior" thing, I'm not. In my life I had enough people egging me on to continue drinking. When you come to a forum because you are an addict and have a problem I would hope that people are passing on good information, and that information may not always make you feel comfortable regarding your own situation, but if it makes you reevaluate and saves your life from the evils of addiction as opposed to making your feel warm and fuzzy the next time you pick up the bottle we are moving in the right direction.

Obviously kissing butt and making certain posters feel good about failing over and over isn't doing them any good, it's just keeping then in a state of denial...which will eventually lead to their demise.

No good deed will ever go unpunished I guess.

Comment

Appreciate your posting here Mollyka--you've come a long way girl! I would like to suggest to SC to not slice and dice other posts to promote your own agenda-and that is the end of my rebuttal to anything you say further.

More to the point of importance here--ARE you ok Paula?--I hope your comment was rhetorical and you really haven't picked up a drink due to the lopsided comments here. Check in will you?
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

mollyka;1328332 wrote: Feck!! Just realised right now that this is a 'moderation' thread ---- my apologies folks - I just click on 'new posts' and didn't check which area of the site it was ---- shouldn't be here at all at all!!!
                Anyway - apologies again --- will be orf now and mind me own business
                I do hope Paula's alright tho
                Molly xx
                I was not suggesting YOU not post here at all Molly. Your opinion is tempered with sincere empathy and I do not think others would feel they were being force fed by them. You also set the crap aside and got back to a more serious note and that was Paula's comment and your concern for her. Thank you for that. xo
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                X