30 Days AF Monthly Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a beautiful new day my MWO friends.

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I have app that I'm going to start keeping track of the longest string of AF days I have. It's really hard for me to count the day for some reason but the app should help.
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

FreeFly;1402038 wrote: I'm in Eve. Have been unsuccessful in 30 days so far (26 tops). Yes, makes perfect sense about the tolerance. I need to give my body a good break before even considering further course of action (you'd think I'd have that in my head by now!).

I don't find it a problem saying no when I'm out funnily enough. Home is my trigger (too much time alone sometimes). I definitely need to learn to sacrifice immediate gratification for longer term benefits. That's it for me, in a nutshell. Think I'll make that list too.

Thanks for the thread
        I'm still trying to figure out how to interact with others here - I totally understand and am in the same situation Firefly.........Adoree

Comment

Welcome Adoree,

The first thing you may want to do is get rid of the alcohol in the house. Do not allow yourself to buy anything to bring home. It is funny how everyone is so different. Some people only crave drinking when out and don't dream of drinking at home. For me, home is my downfall too. We have a movie theater room in a basement. My sanctuary. I found myself glamorizing having a glass of wine with a "girl" show and would go downstairs for only one. Then I'd find it tasted so good that I'd have "just one more"...ad nauseum! Now, I do NOT stock my fridge with wine. The wine racks are bare or filled with seltzer bottle drinks. Buy fun flavored drinks and when tempted to drink AL mix up a mocktail instead. Go here for good mocktail recipes.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f3...ers-70528.html

Feel free to post what day you're at and I'll follow with you and encourage you along the way. Don't give up!

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

:welcome: Adoree - well you've found a great little thread with bundles of info. I'll be sticking around here for a while as I'm beginning my count again. Look forward to getting to know you.

Went for a couple of xmas drinks with the residents of my block yesterday. That's pretty much it for me now re the holiday season. I'm escaping Christmas to Berlin with a good friend of mine for whom drinking is a non-issue. Never drink with her - we eat! My intention is to stay off the booze in Berlin too and stick to the food.

So Day One for me. Day Two is safe as I've offered to take my neighbours to the station at midnight for their overnight trip to Germany. I have plans for sober things Saturday & Sunday and that would give me a great start to my jam packed week next week. Feeling positive.
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

:H:H Loving the Bob Newhart clip.

Comment

Freefly:
                Have fun in Berlin!

Day one for me too. Wasn't going to drink yesterday then last minute a friend and I went out to chat. W this particular friend I tend to drink. Isn't it funny how we tend to drink around certain people and not others?

But today is an AF day. Should be pretty clear from alcohol for many days to come. I love and cherish every AF day!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Day 2: went out w husband to dinner. Just had water w dinner.
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Just realized I've been af 3 weeks effortlessly. 3 years ago I did not think I could go 3 days af in a 30 day challenge. I came back to MWO recently because I saw myself getting into a habit only of buying a bottle of wine once a week(and I did drink it in an evening over several hours). I had been regularly going 2 and 3 weeks this year without bothering and a bottle of wine imbibed in that way is really not harmful in my eyes. But for some reason a weekly habit had started and I realized I did not need to "reward" myself every week in that manner. Not sure what my point may or may not be here. Just that it's been a long haul out, my way, but out I did come. Ever more conscious and in control can be achieved but it is not an easy road and of course it is not for everyone.
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Right, seriously ready for a sober week (determined face!)

Comment

FreeFly;1424634 wrote: Right, seriously ready for a sober week (determined face!)
                        Hey FreeFly,

Feel free to just use this site to state what day you are on and we'll all rally around and support you and others for getting those AF days in. This can be a challenging time of year with all of the parties and what not. Hang with us!

Eve11

Comment

Hi Eve, thank you! Well, day 3 here and feeling good and safe for the week. May need a bit of support over the weekend but would love to get through it sober and into week 2. Would only have to double that then! Seems so easy when I say it like that. Hope everyone's enjoying their week

Comment

Gosh, I lost count again! I'm really not good at counting AF days! How do you guys do it?!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Ally, I don't think you lost count. I accepted a glass of champagne (ok two) when I signed up for the performance fitness training. Coming to the end of day 4. Had my first craving on this quit today but told myself it would pass. Just eaten, that helped.

Comment

If I don't drink, I feel like there's nothing to report. So I lose track. But anyways. I think I may be drinking soon because flying which makes me ultra nervous. I packed all my kudzu and l glut. Plan to keep any drinking to minimum if any. No more than 2 to a 14 hr flight.
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X