Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Hatters!

Hi, all,

I haven't posted here in a while, so welcome to those newbies that have joined us. 4me, good luck in your journey, and know that while it's not easy, we've all faced the same challenges in making our 30 (60, 90...or beyond) journey.

The important thing is to recognize what triggers your cravings and come share with us. Sometimes sharing means reading the stories of others, so if you don't feel like posting, do so when ready. I know my biggest fear is going back to the drunk I was before I started down this path. I have infant twins (they'll be 4 months on the 20th) and know I couldn't get through the demands of dealing with them drinking like that. I also know that I don't want them to see me as the drunk I was. Never.

So, whatever day your on, use all the tools here, including the vitamins and herbal supplements, forums, and (my favorite early on my journey) the hypnotherapy cd. Kudzu and L-Glut are readily available at most good health stores and many organic/holistic ones as well.

Have a great day all.
    D
    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

DfromCt, we have a conection. I also have twins, they are 27 now. Drinking came later...no time with twins, and two older children. I wish you the best and sleep!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hello everyone. :wavin:

Twins!?!?! Wow! Busy, busy. :H

Well - I'm happy to say that I was able to stack up another 30 days. It's been awhile since I reached 30 days. I want to continue on for the rest of November. To be honest, it would be nice if I stayed AF for the rest of the year. But, I'm not putting that pressure on myself right now. I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying to keep getting solid AF time.

Eve - thanks for the great support here. :h
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi All, AF for me today. I am doing a cleanse and loving it!

Congtrats NoraC. Way to go!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

great job 4me! Hi everyone, I thought I'd join in here and stay af this week, I'm just a bit over drinking right now.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

AL, so here is my latest Kudzu update or experience...I'm convinced now, there is definitely some science to this and it is just a gimmick. Modding, in general, lately, has been fine, but this makes it all the easier...eg., I took my mom out to dinner the other night, wasn't even going to have a drink, but decided to have a glass of wine with my fish, so did she. Now normally, I'd have one more after, I had no desire for that. Thanksgiving, I drank four glasses of wine throughout the entire day. I went out last night because...well...I was bored. Stopped by my first spot, my favorite, I can barely finish my Stella, I went to two other places, and not boredom or the pleasant relaxation was enough to make me sit in any of these places, I was bored...I couldn't finish my beer fast enough, not because I wanted to chug, I want to leave, the last place, I didn't even finish the beer...so what is my amateur conclusion....

For me, at least, it's kind of works like a diet pill with food...you definitely cannot drink as fast and feel full and tired of it real quickly, I wouldn't say sick though, not for me. With that said, this is not a cure for addition...if you want to get f'd up, you will, this won't stop you, it's more like a supplement.

Anyway, that's my experience, so far; oh, how often are you taking it a day? I'm trying to figure that out. The bottle says three times a day, I'm starting to think two is enough.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Very Similar Experience

Hi, All...

Stew, I have noticed a very similar experience, and I'm down to only taking Kudzu and L-Glut, along with the multi-vitamin formula. I'm not sure if its the Kudzu and L-Glut alone, or the hypno therapy I did a few months ago, or the combination of all, but I don't want to drink quickly at all. Last night I went to my card game and brought a bottle of wine, and went a couple of hours on my first glass! I was even joking that I needed to drink up, because I didn't want to leave 3/4 of the bottle behind! But I couldn't, or didn't feel like doing so, and my friends all finished their bottles and helped out with mine.

I had a good glass and a half! I watched them drink and progressively diminish their card playing skills. Yes, I won four of the last 5 hands, one of which a friend made a critical error and kept raising when I knew I had him beat! But it's all low stakes, "guys night" kinda thing, so I only won $20, but that was after being down $20 by the mid point of the night.

The good news was that I was sober to drive home after drinking a glass and a half over 3 hours, and was in good condition to cover baby duty from 11 to 2.
                Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

DfromCT;1419522 wrote: I watched them drink and progressively diminish their card playing skills. Yes, I won four of the last 5 hands, one of which a friend made a critical error and kept raising when I knew I had him beat! But it's all low stakes, "guys night" kinda thing, so I only won $20, but that was after being down $20 by the mid point of the night.

The good news was that I was sober to drive home after drinking a glass and a half over 3 hours, and was in good condition to cover baby duty from 11 to 2.
                  D,

What's cool is you kept your wits about you more as alcholol does decrease cognitive ability so it definitely gave you an edge in that game! Plus I like the fact that you would be totally capable for any emergency at home with only a glass and a half in you which was probably processed by the time you got home. Good job D!!
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi everyone! I haven't been over here for a month!!! I hope that everyone is doing well.
                    I have committed to an AF 2013! :helpme: :bonkers: I am going to give it my all. I was pleased at my AF time last year and wanted to do more. So, that is my plan. Of course, I'm only on Day 3 but I can be stubborn when want to be. :H:H
                    Anyway - I hope that everyone is doing well.
                    Happy New Years!!!
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

I am enjoying this thread, thank you. I am in a nasty rut (binge drinking) and really need to take a 30 day AF (on day 3) to get some healing and perspective before making any decisions. I've never been an everyday drinker, but my binges are bad enough that modding might not be a possibility--but not closed to the idea entirely. I didn't drink for 9 years, and have been drinking again for 7. Until MWO I never considered there might be possibilities for balancing my brain enough to mod. I am not going to worry about getting there today and want to focus on being AF for awhile. I think I scored 14 or 15 so I am right on that line. I will be visiting this thread often! Thank you again!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

ljeanner, I know you will do what is right for you, and do visit often. Don't let the haters bring you down, if they're bringing you down...

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Stewarts,

Indeed I will. So, far I am finding the threads that are the most helpful for me. Even if I do stay AF, those threads will likely be the ones I stay with. When I battled earlier in my life and quit for 9 years, modding wasn't an option in terms of the availability of information. I couldn't do AA, and actually, I found those types of programs/way of thinking detrimental to me because I just could not relate to it. Thank you!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Welcome ljeanner,
                            Not much time to write tonight but glad you found us. There really is a lot of good info on the mod site as we do contemplate whether one can moderate or not and discuss that concept often as well as providing a lot of good info and insight. Go to our long term moderation site and read away!

:welcome:
                            :l
                            Eve11
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Eve.
                              Remember me! I've reduced my drinking from 20 drinks a day to 3 drinks a day over a year, nice and slow. Had a spell of overindulgence on holiday last October, Christmas and when I lost my job, but apart from those 3 lapses (deliberate), I seem to be able to keep to this and planning to go down even further to 2 drinks a day with days off.

I've been reading and posting on abstainers section but really don't want to abstain, I would rather moderate, but can I?

Completed your questionnaire and scored 4, that's based on the last 12 months not the year before obviously. Would like to leave abstainers and post on mods for encouragement.

Abstainers keep going on about ALF all the time which is great if thats your way out but I still enjoy my 3 drinks at 8 o'clock to unwind. Am I doing the right thing?
                              It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Lasha;1473837 wrote: Hi Eve.
                                Remember me! I've reduced my drinking from 20 drinks a day to 3 drinks a day over a year, nice and slow. Had a spell of overindulgence on holiday last October, Christmas and when I lost my job, but apart from those 3 lapses (deliberate), I seem to be able to keep to this and planning to go down even further to 2 drinks a day with days off.

I've been reading and posting on abstainers section but really don't want to abstain, I would rather moderate, but can I?

Completed your questionnaire and scored 4, that's based on the last 12 months not the year before obviously. Would like to leave abstainers and post on mods for encouragement.

Abstainers keep going on about ALF all the time which is great if thats your way out but I still enjoy my 3 drinks at 8 o'clock to unwind. Am I doing the right thing?
                                what is the questionnaire and score?
                                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X