No announcement yet.

Keeping track of where I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choices - you are very strong but you are not Wonderwoman. You have been tested in so many ways lately - these all add up. You are very very tired and it doesn't sound like you have a heap of support. Thats why its important to keep posting here - writing it out will help. I have made some other suggestions in a PM - these are pretty straight forward and maybe not what you want to hear.
    You can get through this XXX

Comment

Things are not good. Not at all. Husband is drunk, I'm drunk just not a terrible scene. But not the best.
      AF January 7, 2018

Comment

I am so f up right now. Hubby upset. I'm sick of him. Don't find comfort there. As far as this goes. I'm alone. Yep so he saw me was drinking wine... I was hiding it... But tried to take it away... He is drunk himself.... Blah blah blah... I am intoxicated. Best word intoxicated. =alone. ALONE
        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Sorry your battle ended this way.

Get back on the horse tomorrow after you get the alcohol out of the house.

Comment

Choices, please rest and then start again tomorrow, bolstered with the new information this awful day has given you. You can't undo it but you can use it to get to where you want to be. You didn't drink because you're a bad person. You're definitely not! You drank because you're addicted, you are under incredible stress, and you need some more new coping tools. They are out there and you can find what works for you. We all can. I hope you come right back and let us help you. xx, NS

Comment

Ok. He is asleep, we r ok. Not fighting. Lots of stuff told to me about stress he has . I welcome this! Honesty. F'd up night as far as me drinking. Just posting. Trying not to loose touch on what I need... To be AF... I don't feel bad now... And will try not to feel too bad tomorrow.,,really embarrassed . Only because I'm posting.
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Choices, I wish I had something comforting to say. All the old clichés seem trivial right now. :hug: Things will get better, just give them time....and try not to be too hard on yourself! Go through the events of last night and see where you could have made smarter Choices, it's all in your name you know...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

At least you are still here Choices. That is huge.

Comment

Morning Choices. I know you will feel dreadful today. Last night sounded awful. As I said it's a new day. Don't prolong this and make sure you don't drink again. With the festive season it will be hard. I will PM some suggestions of some help you might be able to get ie face to face if that is what you want. You have to deal with your issues with AL and I think you need support here that may be a bit more than only MWO. Especially at the moment. It might take me a few hours to be able to PM as I am dashing out the door. For now rest, hydrate and look after yourself and your daughter. Deal with hubby once you both feel better physically.

Comment

Just sent a long PM - so I hope this helps.

Comment

I do feel horrible today. Probably still a little drunk right now. Yes, alcohol can not be in the house. Hubs has agreed to this and took the rest away. He wants to go AF with me after the holidays. I need to be AF starting now. This quit is harder then the first time. By that I mean the staying quit part. I am addicted to this stuff. I hate that I am.
                        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

NS you mentioned other coping skills, I agree... But wonder what else would work to help me before I get to that point again.
                          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

I'm feeling pretty discouraged because I was trying so hard and just gave up. Looking back it was the stress of this birthday party that really got to me and the pressure. I ran out of time to do yoga and work out. My posts today are going to be short blips because I've got daughter at home with me.
                            AF January 7, 2018

Comment

When you have a chance come and look at the thread we have in general about the three principles.

It may give you some more choices to explore and mostly calm you.

There are some inspiring videos to watch. At the very least you will be entertained.

And don't beat yourself up about struggling to quit. I must have made the promise to quit every morning for YEARS before I actually did it.
                              It was the FEAR of being sober which is an anxiety CAUSED by alcohol withdrawal that stopped me quitting. Once sober a short while that went away. I wasted 25 years being afraid of something that nly lasted a couple weeks.

Comment

I'm sorry to read about all the stress you've been under, Choices. I'd been wondering where you were and just now saw this thread .:hug: I agree with the others.. what is done is done. Focus on yourself and your daughter and just get through today without being too hard on yourself. You can do this.. first things first. Today..

Comment

Working...
                                X