X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you enjoy only 2 drinks?

Pain and Getting High on Topi

Hi All,

Like most of us, I'm sure, I drink to feel better, and when I started the Topi this past week, the same day I started the hypno, I started feeling a little bit better.

The topi actually makes me feel spacey, and it takes the edge off. Sorta like a caffeine buzz without the shakes ... but not as good as a first martini at night. I feel less anxious, so that's good, a little spacey but not so much that I can't focus if I really need to work. I was concerned about this because I am sensitive to side effects of my hypertensive meds - but insensitive to alcohol and to pain meds. It took a day or two and I was able to focus.

That anxious, bored feeling of what-to-do in the evening still makes me want to fill my time and my glass. My knee jerk need to drink is a habit. I get a drink at night, but I'm not frantic to refill and refill like there's a hole in the glass, looking out the window guilty, wondering if a neighbor could be watching through a telescope, at my unbelievable volume of mo' bev.

The hypno and the less alcohol have helped me to sleep better, and I'm positive that helps alot too. Since I lost my job Jan 30 (corporate downsizing), I'm feeling so glad of the timing of all of this, since otherwise I'd be such a basket case! I'm able to cope much better this way.

Another thing contributing MIGHTILY to my current and very very very unusual lack of drunken evenings is the fact that my hypertension meds have been changed out to include a much larger mix of diuretics. The diuretics are extremely tough to take when drinking, and I have to intake a gallon of water during the night for every 2 glasses of wine I have. Seriously. So you see, that keeps me up all night drinking H2O and peeing.

I'm so dry, it hurts my brain and my sinus and my eyeballs even right now, at 11:47am and I've been drinking water all morning. I had 4 glasses of wine last night, more than the last few nights, and more than I'll have tonight - I am still suffering with dehydration too much because of it today.

If any of you are women battling hair loss and you are in your late 30's or later, you may want to try to get your doctor to prescribe aldactone. It is a diuretic that my dermatologist prescribed for hair loss, it helps block the androgens that cause hair loss on your scalp. It will also dehydrate you so much you can't drink!

Thanks for listening to my story - it's been less than a week, so we'll see where I go from here. I'm now going to walk in the rain to hydrate myself!!! :H

Cheers,

EK

Comment

I like to drink. I've been taking topi and using the hypno for a week and drinking two to four glasses of wine. Not getting drunk despite attempts. Tonite trying... and am almost. And not liking. weirdly, not liking. for the first time in my life.

Comment

I like to drink. I've been taking topi and using the hypno for a week and drinking two or three glasses of wine. Sorta trying to get a little tipsy. And not liking it as much. been enjoying walking in the stormy weather with the dog. Liking the mud and the clouds and the sunset breaking thru. feels like life.

Comment

I concur with most hear. But I wouldn't say I like to get buzzed. I like to get hammered to the point where I pass out, and don't remember much. Moderation is not an option for me. If I have one drink, I'm most likely getting shit faced that night, and the next, and the next.
          where does this go?

Comment

Morrison,

I've been thier...........had many a lost weekend! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

sometimes I can moderate, sometimes not...maybe I'm fooling myslef? I just know that it's very hard.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morrison

Im completely with you there....once i start to drink i wont stop for days..i know i have an addiction and mods just doesnt work for me at all
                "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

I certainly can't moderate, if only i could but it's all or nothing and the one thing about having nothing is there is no option there. End of story. If i knew i could only have 2 glasses, I would not enjoy them. Whats the point of only having 2. Getting smashed sends me mad so i have to stop completely.

Comment

I have to say that I cannot drink at all without ending up 'blootered'. (Scottish word)
                    Me and my wife tried the wine-with-dinner thing for two meals.
                    A few of her friends had apparently discovered the joy of wine.
                    No disrespect to wine connoisseurs but I couldn't see the point.
                    Sophistication, I ain't.
                    Drink is drink!

Comment

It's weird because I can drink only 2 drinks if I'm out at a restaurant with family or friends. At home it's a lot harder because I know I don't have to drive etc. Maybe I should just stay away from my house all the time hmmm
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

LOL Popeye!!
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I do the same thing Beaches. I drink a limit of two glasses if I am out for dinner. If I'm at home it's two bottles. I guess it's my way of fooling the "public". I do try to book activities for myself in the evening - but always find an excuse to not do them. I do make it to all the kids stuff, but when they are at dads - it's wine time.

Comment

Popeye - blootered? To funny

Comment

I not a 2 drink kind of gal, either. I think if I were I probably wouldn't be on this website. I drink two glasses before I sit down to enjoy my first glass.. know what I mean....
                              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I hear ya MM and gldngal.

Being home is when it's wide open. I don't drink in public b/c I don't want public to know I have a problem. I am the perfect professional and mother in public. I need to be the perfect , well not perfect, mother at home.
                                I have read a lot in the Family Members Affected and it has had an impact.
                                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                                X