I am sick and tired of feeling like shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant - no time like the present - you sound like you KNOW it is time!

(That was how it was with me anyway - after 20 or more years of that rubbish - I finally realised that was not the way I wanted to live the rest of my life (I'm a slow learner!)

The best of luck - welcome aboard

Satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

MKR;112562 wrote: Captain, I am proud of you. today is my one year anniversary here at MWO. I posted that thread under long term moderators. Seeing as we both loved the rum, it may help you to see what tools have helped me along my path!! Congrats for taking this on!!

Much success to you!!
      I will look for it now, thanks to all who have responded
      Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Rum was my best friend. I put it before anything or anyone. House went to h*ll, bills were piling up and I was becoming a hermit. I wasnt even seeing my grandkids because of booze.

I couldnt live like that any more so I made changes, Major changes and MWO is a huge part of it. Stick around and keep reading. You have a lot of new " best friends " here.

Jules
        AF Since December 2006

Comment

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...Good luck.

Julie

Comment

Well said Julie
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Captain, I am new too. Hope all went well with the doctor. Why dont you fill in the tracker, it is interesting to see just how well people are doing. Last night for be between 7pm and 9pm was awful, l so wanted to go to the shop and get a bottle of wine. I held out and didnt and when l went to bed l felt ok. I replaced by wine with a hot water bottle! It is so hard to stop what l think of as a habit. The others are right we need to change the routine, like that old program "do someting better instead", thats probablly not the right title but something like that. All the best.
              :rays: lifegotbetteruk

Comment

lifegotbetteruk;113154 wrote: Hi Captain, I am new too. Hope all went well with the doctor. Why dont you fill in the tracker, it is interesting to see just how well people are doing. Last night for be between 7pm and 9pm was awful, l so wanted to go to the shop and get a bottle of wine. I held out and didnt and when l went to bed l felt ok. I replaced by wine with a hot water bottle! It is so hard to stop what l think of as a habit. The others are right we need to change the routine, like that old program "do someting better instead", thats probablly not the right title but something like that. All the best.
                I see the Dr. today, read almost the hole book last night, will finish it today. I ordered the CD's yesterday. I will pick up the supplements from a local health store this afternoon.

I hope my Dr puts me on Topa, i know I need it. If he doesnt, i will get them on my own.

I didnt drink last night, and i dont intend to drink tonight either. I havent went consective nights in over 3 years. I am bound and determine to be free of the control alcohol has over me.

I do want the old me back, i look at pictures of me from 5-7 years ago and what i look and feel like now and that motivates me. I love my family, and i am not losing them over some freaking rum.

I will update my progress in this thread, unless i should do it elsewhere. Thanks to all for the kind words, it is helping me knowing that i have someone who know's what i am dealing with to talk to.

Captain Morgan no longer

Comment

Great! and good luck to you....keep it up and NEVER give up....you CAN do it!

Comment

My doctor put me on Campral, i didnt want that. I tried to get him to give me Topo. I am a little disappointed. I just canceled my Campral script and ordered Topo from the site recommend here, cant believe it will take 10 - 14 business days to arrive. Dont know if i can go that long with out it.

I knew my doctor wouldnt do it, he's old school, and old. I will try though

Comment

Hey Captain,

Campral I think, is for total abstinence. It may work for that first week or so until you can get the topa delivered.

I for one am quite proud of you making this AF decision and sticking with it. Taking such an active role so quickly and saying rum is not worth giving up my family. Excellent Choice!! We are behind you 100%

You can do this tonight too!

Comment

Captain, many people on here have had success with Campral so you might want to hold onto that prescription for a later date if need be. You sound very determined and I wanted to wish you the best.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

thanks mk and lushy, i did make it thru day 2 with out drinking. i need sleep, had the funky dreams last night. even tylenol pm cant put me down. you guys are really the best, thank you so much for caring. I begin day 3, and im not hungover, just tired

Comment

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You did it Captain!! Good for you!

That tired, weird sleep pattern stuff will go away. Then . . .you get to sleep like a baby! (The kind that sleeps through the night that is!)

Comment

3 rd day with no booze. Sleep got better last night, not great but better. Believe it or not, but i am actually starting to feel a little better. Tough test coming with the weekend looming boldly.

I have found that staying busy with my kids has help me tremendously, all 3 days i have made myself spend quality time with them. That sounds horrible that i had to make myself, but as a drinker i wouldnt have done it before. Turns out, i didnt know what i was missing. Good excercize and my kids are eating up the attention, i plan on some baseball tonight with the kids and maybe a movie. God, thank you and help me continue.

This place has been a huge reason why i am staying strong, a special thank you to MKR because she has been a great friend in listening to my problems.

Comment

Way to go C.M.!!!

Those first 3 days are tough to do! I think It's great that you have focused on the Kids... I have found after AF days that I can now do many things that I should have been paying attention to...including taking care of my body and family.

Have a plan for the weekend! For sure it will be tempting...plan what you will drink and do before it gets here.

God Bless!
                                Control the Mind

Comment

Working...
                                X