I am sick and tired of feeling like shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going great guns Captain, keep posting with your news and progress.

Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

that is great Captain, and I was the same way, week 2 became much easier, and so on and so on...

Congrats!!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Trevor;119116 wrote: I'm the same age as you Captain and I too put on loads of weight from drinking and eating late at night. I've embarassed myself when out and when I'm in the house.
        I've passed out while on the toilet and have frequently fallen asleep burning food and this became so bad that I started just microwaving meals!!!!

Good Luck Captain you've made a impressive start.

Trevor i too have done all that you have, beleive me i am ashamed of the things i have done. But, the funny thing is, all is forgotten when you sober up.

I havent shared all that i have done, because quite frankly i am so embarrased. I have read so many here that have shared and admire them so much for having the courage to say what they have done.

Maybe when i am sober for 6 months i will feel more comfortable sharing with others some of the stupid things i have done.

Good luck Trevor, and God bless you
        Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

It takes time to share for many of us!

Trevor you can do this!

Congrats Captain!! We are all right behind you. GREAT ATTITUDE!!! WAAAAHOOOOOO! so nice that your wife is supportive and so happy about your abstinence!

Comment

Great Job Captain! Trevor hang in there, make sure you have a plan and stay with us.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Havent been around much lately but thought i would update anyone who wanted to know.

Sunday marks 2 months sober. Still cant believe it myself.

Has it been easy..... NO, is it worth it....Yes. I have lost 20 llbs and feel good, sleep is great now that i dont drink. I mean sleep is really good, that part is one of the best things about quitting drinking.

Another good thing, is the wife. Now that im sober, she is all over me. Damn, that is one perk that can keep a man sober. lol

I do struggle, but i think most of us do. When i am tempted i try and focus on why i am not drinking and that tends to help me thru the tough times.

God bless you all

Captain Morgan
              Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Way to go! And thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Captain,
                  It's the captain-ette.
                  Not sure if you are still on this forum but I still feel compelled to write. I too am a high functioning alchie and don't I love my Captain. I started noticing that I had a "problem" about three years ago when the pint that I could down each night with my diet coke turned into al ittle more, a little more and then a fifth every single night, pass out, get up for work at 6 a.m., drive 50 miles, funciton at the office and come home and start all over again. Over the past decade I have gained a whopping 100 lbs from drinking and then hating myself and doing it all over again because i didn't know how to numb out what I did to myself every night.

My best friend of 25 years now started getting on my case and because I felt that she was judging me v. supporting me I tuned her out. I knew I had a problem, didn't know how to stop. The break through was a few weeks ago when my boyfriend of 8 years (who I have successfully hid the extent of the issue from because we don't live together) showed up at my house and I was shit house drunk. We pretty much went to bed and then at 6 a.m., he snuck out and drove off. Mind you, he'd drive 120 miles the night before to get here. He finally talked to me after a week and said that he wasn't done with me, but "done with the booze." And basically if I didn't have a commitment to myself to be healthy how could i be commited to anything else.

I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. didn't stop me from drinking though the rest of the week. But yesterday morning when I woke up around 2 p.m. (which I never do) after being out at a bar the night before I walked to the kitchen and took a look in the recycle bag to spy on four empty bottles of Captain. I almost threw up just knowing what I'm doing to myself, the way people look at me, the way I look at myself and my health.

So, I made an appointment with a doctor for Tuesday. Am white knuckling through it today and will sit on this web site posting and reading until I pass out from fatique.

If I can do this. You can do it. Let's do it together and with the rest of the support system here on this supportive site!
                  S

Comment

Working...
                  X