I am just selfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just selfish

Dx, I know that you inspire Deter a great deal, and he loves you very much. Unfortunately, sometimes when he is confronted with temptation and far away, he tends to forget that. He is always saying how wonderful you are. We alcoholics aren't very good with temptations sometimes.

I am praying for strength for both of you.

:heart: :l :l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I am just selfish

Dx my love, you are not selfish at least not in a bad way. you simply want and deserve the vows I made to you on our wedding day. To learn from our love. To inspire you, to grow in our togetherness and to be the best husband that I can be.
      XOXOXOXO
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am just selfish

How awesome.

Comment

I am just selfish

[ame= ]YouTube - Alicia Keys-If I Ain't Got You[/ame]

:flower: :heart: :flower:

Comment

I am just selfish

That is so sweet, you guys are made for each other. True love is so amazing. Now I'm gonna get all gushy XXOOXXOO..t.
            Posting while under the influence can be bad for your health!

Comment

I am just selfish

Dx,
              You truly have a beautiful soul.

Big D
              You are close my friend, so very close. Keep at it.

Hugs to you both
              K
              Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
              April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
              wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
              wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
              wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
              wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
              wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
              wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
              http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

I am just selfish

You guys are so awesome....every marriage has trials, its just sad that some of ours has been things that we could change, and haven't/didn't/couldn't...etc....Like last night I was watching Extreme Home Makeover, and this Marine lost his leg, died twice getting to the hospital, was doing his 2nd tour, highly decorated, and had 4 lil kids....his wife bailed, left them all...walked off...this poor guy cried practically the entire show, all he could do was say, "at least I get to see my kids grow up", he knew he'd been given a second chance, kept on saying that...it was really touching... We just have to remember, those of us who are the troublesome person with alcohol, that this IS something we can do something about to go on living and having a great relationship....We couldn't grow another leg, we couldn't stand again if paralyzed in a car wreck that we could cause ourselves or someone if we got behind a wheel intoxicated, we can't always cure a cancer, or other debilitating conditions...but THIS ONE WE CAN BEAT....we can do it for our loved ones, like that poor guy gets up and is joyful to have his 4 lil kids, and just be alive to be with them....So DX, you are NOT selfish, you are one of the most incredible women I've ever "chatted" with, and D, is awesome too....I know how much ya'll love each other....I want you to have tons of years growing old together too...I think D will pull this together, he has soooo much to gain, and so many things to do with his wonderful bride....just keep telling him you want him to live to be an old chef...gray-headed, hanging over some wonderous dish he prepared...I think he's starting to get it....you are both in my prayers!
                "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

I am just selfish

Dx,

I just sent you a PM.
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I am just selfish

ah dx, i'm sending you both love and prayers. i know that you two can do it together and i know det can. you know i had such great success with rhonda. well, maybe it's worth a try for you all. the lenair was the miracle that saved my marriage. honestly, if not, well we wouldn't have been able to take the strain of my drinking. i love you honey.
                    :welcome:

Comment

I am just selfish

DX and all writing - my counselor used the phrase "It's not selfish, it's selfcare"

I love it!! You care to do better for you and your loved ones.....

Comment

I am just selfish

DX, many of us here wish that our partners were as understanding as you ......

Your are far from selfish, you love Det. You are allowed to want him there for as long as possible ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

I am just selfish

Dx..You are possibly the most beautiful loving human being I have ever known.

D ..never ever, ever, ever give up....and I know you won't..you are special...how do I know?...look at your relationship

Comment

I am just selfish

Awww Dx........I`ve just read this. You and Det were truly made for each other. I wish you many, many more yrs. of such a true love. :l

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

I am just selfish

It has been almost two weeks since I began this thread.
                              Det is fully recovered from his last experience with mods.
                              He has chosen for now to be AF with the help of meds.
                              He seems somewhat relieved, like life is simpler.

Thank you for your support for the both of us.
                              I feel really lucky.

xoxoxox
                              Dx
                              * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

I am just selfish

Hey Dx,
                                Just wanted to say i'm back.....and thank you for your pm, sorry i've not had chance to get back to you, but i'm here for you if you need me :l
                                Love Lisa XX
                                Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Working...
                                X