Who exercised today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who exercised today?

I did my usual 5mile run. Every day, 6 days a week! On Saturday if the weather is nice I usually do 10….and then…..a bottle of nice red wine in the evening. I’m not sure any more if I ever will be able to stop drinking altogether, or should I for that matter?

Comment

Who exercised today?

Yesterday, I did lower body weights, stretches, and Pilates as planned. 2 sets of 12 reps on hamstrings and quads. 2 sets of 15 reps on calves. A little sore on calves, but they need work.

Today, I maxed it out on aerobics. 157 average heart rate over 30 minutes on outside mountain bike. I peaked at 183, and the ticker would not go any faster, and I got woozy, so I had to stop and walk the bike the rest of the way of the hills when I hit max heart rate. I am going to start another thread about max heart rate, to see what the younger folks here can hit. I am curious, as forumulas for a 51 year old male (me) say 169 is max heart rate.

A deer and I scared the crap out of each other today also. I was swooping down one of the hills very fast, about 25 mph and the deer did not see or hear me approach. I was maybe 20 feet away when the deer and I saw each other. The deer leaped into the air about 5 feet straight up, and ran off like a bullet. Almost peed my pants when the deer lept into the air, but I whooshed on by, and tackled the next hill.

Neil

Comment

Who exercised today?

Me !!

Now everyone should cheer for that, you regular exercisers will be saying 'whaaat' ?
        But I was confirmed couch potato until sponge-bob Robert got me motivated and since the weekend I have been exercising. It is now 8am in UK and I got up at 7am and did 10 mins step workout !
        ME ?? I will do another 20 minutes tonight !

I have lost weight and now I need to start toning up, still a few more pounds to go though.

Thanks for the thread, I will keep posting for motivation.
        Diamond
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Who exercised today?

Ughh!!!!!.............exercise???..............kno w it would make me feel heaps better, but, just the thought of trying to lug my excess 30 lbs. around............like I said..............UGHH !!!!!

I will try soon...............promise!!!! lol

Starlight Impress

Comment

Who exercised today?

Ran my b*tt off @ work tonight...
            Busy, busy, busy, lots of "guests" in town..(nobody pissed me off tonight ...so I won't call em tourists!:H )
            Did some weights & stairmaster before going to work.
            Hoping for some sun so I can paddle tomorrow...before work
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Who exercised today?

got in two hours of jiu jitsu today...woo wooo! so fun. Was completely soaked with sweat only two minutes in (as usual). At least my shoulder didn't act up. wondering if I should spend all the money on the MRI or not now...??? hmmmmm. anybody on MWO a sports physiologist per chance?
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Who exercised today?

I Did'nt.
                I should of, could of, would of......but I did'nt...........will tommorrow. IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Who exercised today?

YES!!!

Did upper body weights yesterday, and added 10 lbs. to the triceps bar. I had been going light on that, due to a painful tendon injury that took forever to heal and work out of. My right triceps tendon at the elbow was painful for almost a year. Using very light weights to start, I worked slowly and cautiously to get it back into shape. Overhead triceps extensions are now relatively pain free. Wish I was young again, because that would have healed in just a few weeks 30 years ago.

Then this evening, I ran for 30 minutes. Average heart rate 156, with peak at 171. Didn't want to push to the limit like I did Thursday, but tried to keep the average up.

So that makes a full week of Body for Life program. 3 days weight training, 3 days cardiovascular. Stretches on all 6 days. First day cardio was indoor bike. Second day cardio was outdoor mountain bike. Third day cardio was running (with over 15 lbs of gear to boot!! water, GPS, pulse meter, phone, MP3 player, defensive items, fanny pack, and clothes).

Remember friends, that I smoked over pack a day, along with my boozing, before beginning this.

On Body for Life regimen, Sunday is GOOF-OFF day!! YES!!!

Neil

Comment

Who exercised today?

Ran 11 miler...was supposed to eb 18--stopped early from random pain i won;t go into---better luck next time.
                    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Who exercised today?

not me sorry to say
                      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Who exercised today?

I did yesterday - saturday and I will later today again, but I am only a beginner so 20-30 minutes.
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Who exercised today?

No - but feeling very motivated now! I used to excercise regularly when I wasn't drinking - rotated gym, running, cycling and remember how great it felt! Need to get my act together again...!
                          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                          Goals:
                          Days 1-7 DONE
                          Days 8-14 DONE
                          Days 15-21 DONE
                          30 days DONE
                          60 days
                          100 days

Comment

Who exercised today?

I worked out this morning. I've been slacking off. I want to start a 30 day wokout schedule...as of yesterday

I did 5 min on the rowing machine and 20 min on the treadmill.

Meeting my trainer in the morning.
                            Lisa

Comment

Who exercised today?

Finally 'ran' yesterday for the first time in 2+ months - I couldn't believe how quickly any resemblance of stamina had disappeared! Anyway, a new start so see where it goes from here. Played badminton this morning which was great fun, so will maybe do weights, cycle or another run tomorrow - depending partly on weather.

Happy work outs everyone!
                              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                              Goals:
                              Days 1-7 DONE
                              Days 8-14 DONE
                              Days 15-21 DONE
                              30 days DONE
                              60 days
                              100 days

Comment

Who exercised today?

last night beat the stress with a butt-kicking two hour sweat-fest. Going again Sat morning...wish the place had air conditioning....acK! 97degrees here and with a small room packed with sweaty people...and wearing the traditional triple-weave jiu jitsu uniform....gasp.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X