Who exercised today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who exercised today?

I went to the bathroom. does that count??
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Who exercised today?

I just got back from taking my dog on a brisk 35 minute walk. I have been doing it everyday since I planted the suggestion a week ago ion my CDs. Before that it could have been weeks --- poor dog!!!

Day 6 AF! Yahoo!

Comment

Who exercised today?

Weirded out.

Started Atkins induction yesterday, and I don't know why. I wasn't going to start until Monday, but just sort of fell into it early. I just about went nuts last night for want of candy, Gatorade, anything with sugar, but held out. I went through the house looking for bad carbs, and put them all in a box to be disposed of.

Yesterday was lower body weights, and all seemed normal. I guess I was still burning carbs in my system. Worked around the house today quite hard, doing yard work and such. My appetite has definitely been changed.

So I got on the exercise bike, and after about 10 minutes, all sorts of weirdness happened. Tingling sensations in the arms and legs. Heart rate was a bit higher and even at a given level of exertion. Maintained 141 average for 30 minutes, and the tingling all over got very intense.

Then when I got off the bike, legs and arms felt like they weighed twice what they usually do.

Not sure, but I think I just started going into ketosis. Strange taste in my mouth as well right now. So here we go. God I miss my Gatorade, but that is now officially 100% off limits. A pint of Gatorade has 30 grams bad carbs, and a pint of Coca-Cola has only 27 in comparison. No wonder I was addicted to that stuff. Very bad for carbs.

Ergometer on the bike showed over 300 calories blasted away, so hope those were some fat grams burned off of my gut. So far so good.

Neil

Comment

Who exercised today?

Neil, you should see results pretty quick. a person with an 'average' diet has to work out for 1/2hour+ just to burn the bad carbs out of their system...if they aren't there to start with then you burn fat instead.
          I worked out pretty hard today, and it was awesome. I got neck-cranked really hard and while it didn't hurt at the time I had some vision problems for about an hour afterwords...it's fine now but kind of made me nervous for a while.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Who exercised today?

Hey Determinator:

I have scientific proof now!

Just checked a ketostix, and it showed 40mg/dL. Moderate ketosis by purple color change on stick. YES!!!

So all that weirdness I felt was definitely the fat burn switchover.

Neil

Comment

Working...
            X