Flabby Flip Flops Further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can`t fail to lose weight if you quit drinking, PROVIDED you don`t replace your wine with calorie-laden goodies. You don`t need to diet as such.......all you need is a healthy eating plan, which allows for wee treats.........we should be able to eat everything in moderation..........shame I couldn`t manage to apply that to the wine!!! lol

Anyway, my wine blubber was coming off nicely and now I`ve hit a plateau.........Grrrrrr......guess bootsie had better hurry up and get us some fit guys.........I sooooooooo need a work out!!! LMAO

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Flip,

Make small adjustments so you don't deny yourself. It is the denying that causes the yo-yoing, which is much worse for you than never losing the weight to begin with.

After my gastric bypass (please don't ever let yourself get that big, it is a horrible surgery and life changing in many bad ways) my doctor told me: Always eat your proteins first, then if you are still hungry, eat your vegetables, then if you are still hungry, eat your carbs, starting with whole fruits and then going to the breads/pastas/potatoes as your last resort.

I know that seems silly, but it makes sense. Eat the healthy foods first and it will help you reduce the amount of unnecessary starches and sugars you do eat.

As for snacking. It is also a healthy thing. Just don't eat junk. Nuts, (yes, nuts are good for you in moderation), whole fruits (not dried or juices), dark chocolate 75% or higher is low in sugar naturally, etc. Low fat/sugar yoghurt, there are many options. Snacking is important in that it keeps you from getting so hungry by meal time that you eat too fast and over stuff.

I did that last night in the hotel. They took so long bringing me my dinner that I was starving by the time it came to the room. I ate too fast and because of my surgery and tummy being small, I ended up getting sick. It was not pretty!!

Lucky reminded me on chat that I need to keep things on hand to snack on so I don't get in that space. It is important. I don't need junk food but good things to snack on so I don't get the low blood sugar and then in starve and glutton mode. Good things does not necessarily mean yuckky, btw.

Truly, make small adjustments. You are not fat, your pictures from your blog and on MWO present a very attractive person. If you make small adjustments, you won't feel denied and over time, with the exercise added, you won't even notice the changes but your body will tighten up and you will be healther. Part of the "healther" is you will feel better. Feeling good is everything!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Flip, I've been a slimming consultant for 10 years, lost 3 stone in 6 months ..

Slimming World - discover the amazing you

If you find it of any interest, PM me and i'll give you a password to get in to the members only bit .... It does work, and you don't go hungry ..

Love ya,
        sigpicXXX

Comment

db2fromala;200320 wrote: Flip,

Make small adjustments so you don't deny yourself. It is the denying that causes the yo-yoing, which is much worse for you than never losing the weight to begin with.

After my gastric bypass (please don't ever let yourself get that big, it is a horrible surgery and life changing in many bad ways) my doctor told me: Always eat your proteins first, then if you are still hungry, eat your vegetables, then if you are still hungry, eat your carbs, starting with whole fruits and then going to the breads/pastas/potatoes as your last resort.

I know that seems silly, but it makes sense. Eat the healthy foods first and it will help you reduce the amount of unnecessary starches and sugars you do eat.

As for snacking. It is also a healthy thing. Just don't eat junk. Nuts, (yes, nuts are good for you in moderation), whole fruits (not dried or juices), dark chocolate 75% or higher is low in sugar naturally, etc. Low fat/sugar yoghurt, there are many options. Snacking is important in that it keeps you from getting so hungry by meal time that you eat too fast and over stuff.

I did that last night in the hotel. They took so long bringing me my dinner that I was starving by the time it came to the room. I ate too fast and because of my surgery and tummy being small, I ended up getting sick. It was not pretty!!

Lucky reminded me on chat that I need to keep things on hand to snack on so I don't get in that space. It is important. I don't need junk food but good things to snack on so I don't get the low blood sugar and then in starve and glutton mode. Good things does not necessarily mean yuckky, btw.

Truly, make small adjustments. You are not fat, your pictures from your blog and on MWO present a very attractive person. If you make small adjustments, you won't feel denied and over time, with the exercise added, you won't even notice the changes but your body will tighten up and you will be healther. Part of the "healther" is you will feel better. Feeling good is everything!!

Cindi
          I think this is very good advice. and I think it works if you don't overeat any of the carbs or sugars. you might feel hungry at first, but drink plenty of fluids, this helps with cravings.
          you look fabulous in that picture flip
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

The secret to weight loss is truly not a secret at all. You have to Eat right, cut out the junk food, reasonable portions, drink lots of water and move your body! Walking can be a weight watchers best friend!

As for the avatar, it is no longer funny, I am tired of looking at it! Please change it.
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Dear Flip. Do you have Weight Watchers in your area? Most people would agree that it is a great program, and really not that hard to stick with.

BTW...your posts and avitars always crack me up! Im sure you make many other crack a smile for the day tooo!!!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hey Flip!

Thank you for the new Avatar!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Flip
                  I have just gotten myself a pedometer to monitor my daily walking. Apparently just taking more steps per day helps lose weight. One doesn't have to be an excercise class fanatic to get moving and the pedometer lets you know just how much "work" you've done.

Best wishes

K
                  Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                  April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                  wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                  wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                  wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                  wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                  wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                  wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                  http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

I've been there, done that with Weight watchers and I know the program works.

I guess what I'm asking for is not advice about how to lose weight, I know all that stuff, in the same way that we all know how to stop drinking - you just do it!

What I'm really asking for is some understanding how to change the way I think about food - in some ways not drinking is easier - I just don't drink anymore (don't worry I'm not underestimating the stuggle and effort that went into that!) but I still have to EAT!

I want to learn how to make consistently good choices. How to get through hunger without feeling like I'm being punished. How to cope with being so hungry that I binge out on crap. How to stop loving chocolate!

Like I said earlier, I've got some chromium and L-Glutamine and started taking them yesterday. THat, and a high protein breakfast have filled me up and we'll see how it goes.

I WANT to be a health nut! I want to eat only healthy food that nurtures my body. I want to do it without fighting my urge to eat crap every minute of every day. I want to stop emotional eating.
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Flip
                      You CAN do it. I was seriously bulimic for almost 10 years and had to reteach myself how to eat. Sure I failed the first several tries but I eventually nailed it. It is almost the same as moderation with drinking, you have to learn to have an OFF switch, the same euphoria from over eating is the same as over drinking EXCEPT drinking dulls ones senses, literally, so finding that off switch for a drinker is a like staggering drunk trying to fit a key in the lock, hence abbing is easier in the long run. Determination is the key and you have proven that you have that essence. I've not binged in almost 20 yrs.
                      Yes, you CAN do it Flip.

hugs
                      K
                      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Hi Flip,
                        Logged on and saw your post right after I had done a google search for Sandra Cabot. Do you remember her? She is an aussie doctor interested in nutrition. Any way how she explains it is that many people now have fatty livers (not just drinkers!) from bad diets and what happens is that you fatty liver makes it hard to loose weight. She has a liver cleansing diet that is supposed to help your liver to heal and revitalise it. Also the vitamins she recommends do help your curb your sugar and fat cravings.
                        Do a google search on her name and see if it appeals.
                        It seems to make sense to me.
                        Take Care
                        Shas
                        Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Hey Shas, thanks! I'm going low/no carbs for a while and taking my new supplements. They are supposed to get my sugar/carb cravings under control. If that doesn't get things moving I'll start looking at this one, as it makes a lot of sense - problem is, all of me is fat, not just my liver! lol
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Flip...is it sugar that you mostly crave? I think this is the b*tch substance for gaining weight! I'm working on ways of getting sugar-free......trying different ideas...but thought I would just share this thing that I discovered this lunch time....

I do eat quite healthily, but I tend to mess it up by eating something sweet after my lusciously healthy meal. Usually chocolate. When I made my lunch today (buckwheat, avocado, scallions, seeds and brocolli) I added some cooked sweetcorn to make it look pretty. I could really taste the sweetness of the corn while I was eating. After I finished.....absolutely NO desire to scoff chocolate, which has been my usual habit. So, I'm wondering if adding 'natural' sweetness to a main meal will help with sugar cravings generally?? Just a thought.

Flip....I bet your liver is cute, fat or not.

Suze
                            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Flip you shouldn't have to feel hungry!!! Have you checked out my slimming world link that I posted earlier? You always feel full on it, you can eat all day and it really does work .....
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hey Flip,

I sent you the info on the podcast that I think you might like. Let me know if you found it @ itunes. It is a free download and lasts about 5 minutes. I put my ipod on repeat and I hear it over and over and over again- even as I fall asleep. I believe all change involves training the mind, as well as our actions. Currently, I am listening to as many positive cd's and podcasts as I can, and including those with hypnosis. You cannot put crap in the mind and expect anything but a crappy outcome so the reverse must be true also. I am even keeping the tv news off most of the time because it is too depressing.

I posted a couple of days ago I made a life message board. I am so excited about it and even carry it from room to room with me so that I look @ it. It is full of words from magazines like:

Highlight Your Health
                                Think Positive
                                Inspired
                                Invigorate
                                Relax
                                Healing
                                Body Triumph
                                Yes, I can
                                Change it
                                It's never too late
                                Health & Happiness
                                Make Everyday Wonderful
                                Detox
                                Body bliss
                                Just Do It
                                WALK
                                Renewal
                                Live Your Best Life
                                Eat Smart
                                Enrich Your Life
                                Results
                                Believe

Then I have pictures of water bottles, waterfalls, plants, flowers, fruits, grains, Nike running shoes, broccoli, peas, hearts, smiles- you get the idea. It was so much fun to make it that I made a 2nd one and I think I will continue to make them until they are all over the house and I see the words and images all the time.

I have lost 2 lbs in 2 days and it was fairly effortless- I am doing the macrobiotic thing too and plan to take some healthy cooking classes @ a store called Whole Foods that we have in the States.

So, there you have it. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X