A new weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new weight loss thread

Hubby and I are "officially" starting South Beach tomorrow. We are going grocery shopping tonight! Betty, I liked how Flip did her weight loss posts in Subscriber where each week she started a new post to say how much she lost etc. What do you think of that?
    Marcie

Comment

A new weight loss thread

memarcie;308569 wrote: Hubby and I are "officially" starting South Beach tomorrow. We are going grocery shopping tonight! Betty, I liked how Flip did her weight loss posts in Subscriber where each week she started a new post to say how much she lost etc. What do you think of that?
      Marcie, that was what I was going to do but just never found the time ........

I will weigh myself when I get home and post my goals ....

BB XX
      sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I'll post tomorrow morning with my starting point. Of course I've been eating like crap this week just because I know I'm starting a diet. Kinda like we try to have one last bender before going AF!
        Marcie

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Ok I'll start 185(eek worse than I thought) Goal 135. So instead of the 40 I thought it's actually 50.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I posted the following in the Subs forum, but realized it ought to be here. Any advice welcome!

So, as I've mentioned, I am lightyears from where i was a few months ago in many regards. Whereas I used to drink disgusting amounts, I have very few drinking days and relish my many AF days and the ease with which they come. I'm now a proud non-smoker. I've made peace with so many previous demons.

One of those demons was shame and disgust with my body. I no longer relate to the sexual abuse of my childhood. Whereas I used to feel shame for having a fat body, and knew that when I am thin I feel shame in being attractive, now I know it's all for me. who cares what anyone else thinks. Lately I've been feeling very beautiful and accepting of my body just the way it is. HUGE progress!!

And yet... I am very overweight, and now it's a health concern for me. I want to feel better and lessen my risk of health risks due to excess fat. I'm about 75 pounds overweight, and because I carry most of it around my middle I am at high risk for heart disease, diabetes, etc. And yes, I'd love to be thinner and wear cute summer dresses.

So I've been wondering, with all the advances I've made, what is still holding me back from really getting down to the business of losing weight?

Answer: I am very much afraid of being in relationship. I'm afraid that if I'm thin and therefore more attractive, I might find myself in relationship. And I am loving being single, and I have had some really shitty relationships. Yes, I know it's my choice as to whether or not get into relationship, but because I am so horny lately (excruciatingly so at times!) and know that when I'm feeling happy and beautiful I want to share it, I fear that I'll get into relationship even if part of me doesn't want to.

May not make lots of sense, but that's where I am. And I want to get over this block so I will do the weight loss!!

I want to be beautiful and sexy and fit -- and SINGLE!!

Comment

A new weight loss thread

It makes a lot of sense. I think that is what I have done. A weight barrior beats getting hurt.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I'm sorry you feel that way MOW. Once you start losing the weight, you will realize that you truly are the one in control of your dating situation, just like you are now. You are beautiful now, shedding pounds won't make the difference unless you want it to.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A new weight loss thread

MWO--join us and we'll help each other. You're inspiring in your non-smoking, etc... now we can take the next challenge on.....together!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                  X