Weight loss after menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great Sunbeam, I didn't check in yet, but I lost 1lb, taking me to 149. Haven't been 149 for around 2 years, so am really pleased.

Bets
    x
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Morning, Sunbeam, Betty -

Back to 140 this morning (-1 from last week). Good job ladies, and thanks for helping motivate me! Hello to all to come as well!

Love to all! - Dance
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Wow, the magic number I see today is 142#, down 1.5# from last week. This is really working. I would love to get down to 130 by the end of the year, though the rate doesn't really matter to me, as long as I go down at least 1/2# most weeks.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey, Sunbeam!

Great on the 1.5 loss! I also weighed in at 142, which is up from last week's 141! AAARGH!!!
          I have been exercising a lot, so I am losing the "Michelin Man" look, so I won't complain.
          Have a good week!
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

dancelot,
            My weight loss pattern is no different from yours. I weight myself often during the week, and it varies within a 5# range. But I am hanging in here, I think you are too. In the past I have become discouraged, but not this time. The two strategies I am mostly using are quick bursts of intense exercise frequently during the day, and one or two sour hard candies in the evening to curb that evening mindless and hungerless eating I have been doing. I think it was related to my past alcohol consumption, but I am now conquoring it.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Ladies,

I'm -1lb to 148. Am doing a 1.5 hour Yoga class every day which I love and is keeping me sane during MIL visit, but need to fit in a bit more cardio. I hate the idea of cardio, but like it when I get started, it's just about taking a deep breath, getting togged up and just doing it!

Someone congratulated me for the weight I'd 'dropped', it made me smile because I think of it more as 'being placed down gently'.

thanks for updating.

Bets
              x
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Good for you, Betty! I think slow weight loss is the best way. I don't feel hungry or deprived really. I am just controlling the impulses.

Betty, we adopted a rescue dog in part due to your post (I think) about greyhounds. Ours is a mixed breed, dachshund and hound. She is a sweetheart, though still learning to be good.

Comment

OK, the number today is 141, still going down (1# from last week). This is becoming effortless for me, just getting some new habits going. And also getting a new dog! That will keep anyone's metabolism up.

Comment

Hi, Sunbeam and Betty -

I'm at 140 today. That averages to 1 lb per week when I look at the starting date, which is OK by me.

Congrats on the new dog, Sunbeam! When I owned a dog many years ago, he was great for exercise and weight loss. I actually took up running (my knees can't take it anymore unfortunately) just to wear him out enough, but he was a wonderful exercise buddy, never let me miss a day.

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Yay for us! Slow is the way to go.

Comment

And the new number is 139.5, down 1.5# from last week. I'm on a roll! My joints aren't up for running, either, but I need to get my dog trained a little more, then try running her while on my bike.

Comment

Hi, Sunbeam and Betty -

Congrats on 1.5 lbs, Sunbeam! Today I'm at 139, down 1 lb. Slow and steady is the way to go!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Congrats to you too, dancelot. I probably lost that extra 1/2# because I did double dog-walking duty during the past week while my husband was away.

Comment

OK, I'm in at 139#, down 1/2# from last week. I'm not hungry ever because I eat something every 3-4 hours.

Comment

I'm hovering between 139 - 140 today. I was at 138 for about four to five days straight last week. I'm wondering if it's something I do different on the weekend that bumps it up on Monday morning! I usually eat Indian food on Sunday with a friend and heard it's actually got a lot of salt in it (you don't taste it though, because of all the other potent spices). Though if I look at the big picture, I'm still down from where I started, so I'll keep that in mind. I also want this as a permanent lifestyle change, not just trying to be skinny! Congrats on 1/2 lb!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X