Weight loss after menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hovering between 134-135 today. I've been a little under the weather the last week, so maybe I've been eating lighter. Last week was probably water retention. If that's the case, I'm pretty on track, since I was 136 - 137 two weeks ago.

I haven't been eating out on Sundays like I was before, which I think was causing a heavier than normal sodium intake the day before weigh in was making it always highest on Monday, and less during the week.

Anyway, maintaining through the holidays is fine with me. Have a good week everyone!
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I'm at 138 today. No surprise: I've been baking and eating cookies, some special events, all off my usual good eating.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

cut out the bad fat.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

144 - am running outside and loving it. Very good for mental health.

Bets
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

135 # today. I've had some bug or something for a couple of weeks, so haven't really exercised. No appetite either, so I'm not overeating anyway. Running sounds good right now, Betty, wish my knees could handle it! I used to do it in my 20s. It really does make you feel good.

Sunbeam, only a little over 2 weeks until the holidays are over and cookie season as well. Tis the season to run the oven (well maybe not where Betty is)! :H

Hi to you too, Tulipe and Pan -icked!

Have a good week eveyone! :h
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

dancelot, good for you!

Betty, I am happy to be walking better than I used to - I have not been able to run for probably 10 years.

Pan-icked, are we playing a game? OK: eat fruits, veggies and whole grains!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Can I join? I am 53, still struggling with my half bottle of wine a night and peri-menopausal. I am
                4'11" and 130. Losing 10 pounds would be amazing. I am not one of those people who flucuate. I have been this weight for 50 years (with the exception of pregnancies) and my body LIKES it that way. I would feel so much better at 120 and be within the normal BMI for my height. I have one of those bouncy trampolines which I will start bouncing on religiously right away. It's hard to stay away from all the yummy Christmas goodies that clients have dropped off here at the office. Yikes. Going to Cuba on the 27th of December so it's too late to be bikini ready but there's a wedding in Mexico in April that I would love to be toned and firm at. Your posts already have motivated me. I will try to check in every day. I love MWO !!! I have found my niche.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerett,
                  Welcome! We would love to have a larger group here. I'm like you, though two years older. I have lost 10 pounds, now seem to be holding due to holiday stuff. I would like to get down to 130 (7 more pounds) but I'm not in a hurry. Slow is better for me, with focus on establishing new habits. Diets are bad (because they end, and then what???). Be sure to read the article at the link I included on the first post of this thread. I got some good new ideas from it.

Comment

138# today.... please hide the cookies....

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I guess I'm maintaining: I prefer yesterday's 136 over today's 139. The holiday foods are definitely edging into my better eating plan.

I wish you all happy holidays!

Comment

Hi, again Sunbeam and Betty - Hope you're doing well! I haven't weighed in the last two weeks because I kept forgetting what day it was (holidays do that to me). Now that's over, time to seriously get back on track.

I guess I'm maintaining reasonably well - I'm like you (Sunbeam) in your last post, 136 - 139. I guess I'll start officially weighing in again Monday. I need to get back to the exercise. I had an inner ear problem that hung around for a month, causing dizziness if in certain positions, so I was a little wary of exercising other than walking.

So, see you all Monday!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hi dancelot,
                          OK, I'll start posting my weight also on Monday again. I'm back at work (I was off since Dec 23), back into my structure, back into my better eating plan. There is enough snow now to go out on a daily snowshoe walk in the fields behind my house, unless the wind chill is sub-zero. I went out yesterday and today. I definitely work harder, stay warmer and I believe burn more calories with the snowshoes (in comparison to just walking with my boots). My weight over the holiday stayed at that 139.

Comment

137 - 138 today. I bought a new pedometer (the $5 one from Walmart) - I've used them a couple years ago, and it's a good reminder of if I'm active enough. I didn't have a computer then, and also had work and so was on my feet more.

A snowshoe walk sounds like quite a workout - it's good you can get some outside exercise. Winter in cold climates sounds like the same effect as summer here - it's too hot too do much outside, and also doesn't cool down that much even at night.

Have a good week!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hi Dancelot,
                              My scale read 137 yesterday for the first time since before Christmas, but it was back at 139 today. I'm doing pretty well with my eating, it just isn't possible to get in as much exercise with the weather so cold. But I did go out on the snowshoe walk today (40 min) and swam for 30 min. My job includes a lot of walking, maybe a couple of miles per day.

Take care, I will keep checking in.

Comment

Hello hello!

146 after my seasonal excess. Have given up work and study to 'sort myself out' watch this space....

Bets

xx
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X