Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHi ChickNumber.
    I'm right with you.. Gained 70+lbs over the past 2 years myself due to divorce/stress/mostly drinking to soothe my hurt. I've been on heavy BP meds due to being hospitalized twice for "stoke levels" due to the stress and drinking wine the same way every day (not proud). Just had my liver / blood tested last week & luckily, I'm still ok. My BP has been 250/130+ a couple of so my BP dosage is so high, my face looks like I have constant sun-burn. This is crazy! I need to get back to walking so I can start slowly and stay off the wine. Thanks for the motivation! I'm taking my tennis shoes to my office for lunch tomorrow.

take care - Costa Mesa Cereza (cherry)

Comment

Bridget -YES, plateau is the word I was searching for. My dementia is setting in I guess. I do Xwords every day, the morning paper and at night in one of my Xword books. But apparently I must do more to stave off the memory lapses! Bellinator, why are you tapering down? Were you feeling really tired like me? I find I am hungrier but I am trying to write down everything I eat and drink and my weight and exercise every day in a journal. I used to cook all the time. It's pretty hard to resist my own cooking. I'm a CPA only in tax season so this year we decided to alternate cooking duties. Week on, week off. I find it a lot easier to eat less when he cooks than when I do. Anyway, we have decided to keep up the cooking/shopping schedule. Spouse is retired military so has free time. But has a really long list of projects to do around here. Anyway, he seems to enjoy cooking and that is fine with me. So, end of story, my energy is coming back. I'm keeping up with my hypno tapes. I love them. I almost always fall asleep & awake refreshed. I hope my subconscious is picking up the info. Even if not, it is a welcome respite from the rest of the day.

Bridget, hope you get better soon!

Comment

Bridget,

Have you got "Jetts" gyms down there? I can recommend them, if you're looking for a gym. Not too expensive, not too busy and no lycra.

Spam

Comment

i cant believe im still putting on weight. hmph... when i was first af i was nibbling a lot of crap to get me through the evenings, but now im being good and the scales are still being evil to me. not doing much exercise just gardening and dog walking but i would have thought that the fact i was getting out of bed and doing anything would be more excersie than i was getting. im not much overweight so its not a big issue... just flipping annoying. ah well, at least im not having crappy calories from booze so thats good.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Spam;849358 wrote: Bridget,

Have you got "Jetts" gyms down there? I can recommend them, if you're looking for a gym. Not too expensive, not too busy and no lycra.

Spam
            No, I've never heard of them...sounds lke my type of gym though....as for the age of lycra G strings....thank God that's over.:H
            I've got a maniac dog with ADD who needs walking daily, and doesn't get it, so there's my answer. Comes in on budget too.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Swede;849328 wrote: Bridget -YES, plateau is the word I was searching for. My dementia is setting in I guess. I do Xwords every day, the morning paper and at night in one of my Xword books. But apparently I must do more to stave off the memory lapses! Bellinator, why are you tapering down? Were you feeling really tired like me? I find I am hungrier but I am trying to write down everything I eat and drink and my weight and exercise every day in a journal. I used to cook all the time. It's pretty hard to resist my own cooking. I'm a CPA only in tax season so this year we decided to alternate cooking duties. Week on, week off. I find it a lot easier to eat less when he cooks than when I do. Anyway, we have decided to keep up the cooking/shopping schedule. Spouse is retired military so has free time. But has a really long list of projects to do around here. Anyway, he seems to enjoy cooking and that is fine with me. So, end of story, my energy is coming back. I'm keeping up with my hypno tapes. I love them. I almost always fall asleep & awake refreshed. I hope my subconscious is picking up the info. Even if not, it is a welcome respite from the rest of the day.

Bridget, hope you get better soon!
              Don't worry to much about the dementia ! That will get a lot better as your AF period gets longer.
              I must give those hpno CD's a go. Jeez I've heard some good stories.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

spuddleduck;849480 wrote: i cant believe im still putting on weight. hmph... when i was first af i was nibbling a lot of crap to get me through the evenings, but now im being good and the scales are still being evil to me. not doing much exercise just gardening and dog walking but i would have thought that the fact i was getting out of bed and doing anything would be more excersie than i was getting. im not much overweight so its not a big issue... just flipping annoying. ah well, at least im not having crappy calories from booze so thats good.
                Surely it's got to even out sooner or later ? Imagine all the calories we've thrown down our necks in alcohol over the years :upset::upset::upset:
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridget--yes, I was soooooooo darned tired ALL the time I could barely function. I figured I completely stopped drinking on 25 mgs, so why stay at 100 mgs? I'm down to 50 mgs now and feeling less tired for sure!
                  :h getting better every day

Comment

Bridget, I hope you get the CDs too. I plan on using them for a long time, maybe not every day, but the subliminal one is awesome and you can do other stuff while listening to it. The clearing 1 & 2, and hypno 1 & 2 invariable put me under. I wake up anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes after the CD is over. I hope my subconscious is picking up something. I just don't understand why I don't wake up when the guy does the count down to wake up. In any event, I wake up a little groggy for a minute but then I really feel refreshed. I have one of those boom boxes (an Emerson) that you can hit "repeat" and it just repeats all night. So I that works out really good for the sleep CD. I don't listen to it every night, but it is very relaxing. What I don't get is sometimes when I am awake & I hear talking instead of water, it makes no sense with the program. I keep it at a very low volume as I don't want it to keep my husband awake. As a matter of fact, he is getting really curious about the rest of the CDs and is thinking he might listen to them. More power to him! He still drinks, but I would consider him a "normie."

Call me still trying.

Comment

I did some thinking today because of the "PLATEAU" thing.....and I've come to the conclusion I'm not eating wisely. I've had too much macaroni and cheese (forget the sweets, give me loads of this stuff and I'll be really happy), and I had lunch prepared for me twice this week (for teacher appreciation week). My scale hasn't budged despite my efforts with exercise.......And that brings up another point--I haven't been as faithful with getting to the gym as I need to be. First step is being honest with MYSELF. So there it is.
                      :blush:

So my aim this coming week is to get more fruits and veggies back into my routine and cut out the fattening fast foods and mac and cheese. I will get to CURVES M, W, and F, and I will walk my dog at least 6 days this week.
                      :happy:

I'll let you know how this goes!

Comment

Erm....Yes.....:H
                        I also could have had a better day food wise as well as exercise-wise....never mind. As with all things...back up on the horse.....
                        This week I will concentrate on introducing more activity to my routine.
                        That's OK girls. We're still fine tuning our lifestyles here.....
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!! I got the best present ever this morning!! I broke through my plateau on the scale!! The needle actually moved down a little more than 2 pounds!! Woo Hoo!! I hope it wasn't just a fluke. I really was ready to give that scale the old heave ho!!

Yay! Having a nice healthy fish with something (haven't figured out what yet) for dinner. No dessert. I sure hope this is the beginning of a roll!!!

Comment

Swede;852545 wrote: Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!! I got the best present ever this morning!! I broke through my plateau on the scale!! The needle actually moved down a little more than 2 pounds!! Woo Hoo!! I hope it wasn't just a fluke. I really was ready to give that scale the old heave ho!!

Yay! Having a nice healthy fish with something (haven't figured out what yet) for dinner. No dessert. I sure hope this is the beginning of a roll!!!
                            Oh good on you Swede, well done :goodjob:
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Right on Swede! Good for you! Keep it up. That is inspiring.

Comment

Not so inspiring this morning. One pound crept back up but I'm determined to get it off pronto. There is a lot of yard work to be done and some fairly good weather forecast -- not real warm but not pouring rain either. Went to dinner at my husband's nephew's family tonight (a 2 hour drive each way). I brought a big plate of fudge -- no wine! They know I have a bit of a problem which is good. I was offered a glass and declined. I had lemonade and everyone else had lemonade or ice water. I thought that was very considerate and thoughtful of everyone. My husband's sister was there (babysitting help) and she is quite the wine drinker and even she didn't have any wine with dinner. Gotta give her kudos for that.

At least I know my scale works.

Haven't heard too much about what's going on with everyone else lately - drinking wise, exercise-wise, and weight wise. I know I'm not the best communicator either, but can we have a little more chatter out here??? Hmmmm???

BTW, I am still hooked on my CDs. I didn't have time for a cleansing or hypno CD today. Missed it. If I would have been thinking, I would have brought the subliminal one with on the trip to the nephews house so we could listen to it in the car. STUPID!! Well, I'll get the sleep one tonight and maybe do the 45 min hypno one tomorrow.

BBBridget - Did you order your CD's yet? I think they are sooo.... totally worth it. Even as an escape from the world for 1/2 an hour. And the guy that does the vocal. His voice is really soothing. I just use regular earphones, except for the sleep time when I don't. I just keep the volume pretty low.

Comment

Working...
                                X