Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather is finally getting decent around here so I'm hoping to add a lot of outdoor gardening to my indoor workout. I have a new bed I need to fill and the weeding chores never, ever end!! I'll plant some herbs and maybe a few vegetables, and I want some nice evergreen flowering shrubs for my new bed area. Spouse & I are trading off cooking duties weekly now, so I think it will be easier to eat light on his cooking weeks. Not that he can't cook, but he's just starting out and tends to make the same things over and over. My cooking, for me, is much harder to resist. So, summer is approaching. Who is ready???

Comment

5 Km walk yesterday / 3 km walk - run today....

Seem to be putting on a little bit of weight though..maybe middle of the month stuff.

Comment

I hear THAT Bellinator.
        Swede you have a point there about the indoor workout. When I was in shape or trying to lose weight my house looked gorgeous....and clean as a new pin....
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Spam;847631 wrote: 5 Km walk yesterday / 3 km walk - run today....

Seem to be putting on a little bit of weight though..maybe middle of the month stuff.
          It's got to be muscle weight hasn't it ?
          Go you ...
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;847635 wrote: It's got to be muscle weight hasn't it ?
            Go you ...
            I have thought about that. My scales also measure fat percentage and that is going down.

I have bought some clothes this weekend and they are all an Aus size 14. I have a suitcase (or 2) of size 14 clothes that I am going to open in the next 4 weeks as I need to pack summer things for my holiday. And some of the things in my wardrode now are getting big to the point of scruffiness.

Comment

hi all. ive popped in here before with good intentions and they are slowly coming about. im not doing any formal exercise but im doing loads of gardening with some heavy lifting stuff. it would be so much easier if i was fitter. ive been out for very short bike rides, i used to love cycling and am hoping to get that back on board. well done to all you guys, you're doing great.
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Worked out at Curves and walked tonight with my boys........

I'm losing inches but not many pounds.....a bit frustrating.

Oh well........good for us for sticking it out!
                :h getting better every day

Comment

the bellinator;848026 wrote: Worked out at Curves and walked tonight with my boys........

I'm losing inches but not many pounds.....a bit frustrating.

Oh well........good for us for sticking it out!
                  GIRLS !

You're ABSOLUTELY heading in the right direction.....FORGET the scales .....base your judgement on whether you feel better, look better, fit into your clothes, have better blood results....
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I agree with Bridget mostly, but there is something about seeing that needle or digit go down on the scale that really makes a difference in attitude and ambition for me. Everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat, so that can account for some of the pound stagnation. Plus we all reach that point (I can't put my finger on the word) but it's that point where your body weight gets stuck at a certain weight where at some point in your life it was for quite a while. To get off that "point"/whatever is just going to take time and determination. I'm frustrated right now. I quit the topiramate (tapered down at the same rate I tapered up) because it was making me very fatigued. The effects are pretty much gone (I think), but I am still not up to my pre-topiramate workout. I don't want to strain or sprain anything. But I will not give up!!! Think Rocky I theme!!! :naughtfeet:

BTW, I'm still doing the rest of the program.

Comment

Go Swede!

Comment

Personal trainer day today and we are now onto the serious intervals.

Bike for 5 mins - 30 second intervals.

Treadmill for 10 mins - 1 min intervals of 6 kph and 8.5 kph

500 m on the rowing machine in between. The first time on the rowing machine I was 11 seconds over time, the second time I was 4 seconds under but it was so hard! I was almost groaning with effort.

However, I love cardio workouts as they leave you feeling great.

Comment

Morning Goyles
                          Is it 'plateaux' that you mean Swede ? Evil vile things that they are. Often you aren't even doing anything 'wrong' ....v.frustrating.
                          Well ladies. I officially joined WW on Tuesday our time, and I love the look of the plan. Very sensible and well based in research. Also very sustainable over time.
                          I am eating MUCH more than I would usually

HOWEVER
                          That was Tues.
                          On Wednesday I woke up with the flu.
                          This morning I stumbled out of bed with a spasming back ( even worse I didn't even have any 'fun' to cause it ! )
                          Honestly, how often does this happen ? I've had neither of these for YEARS !!
                          Well I won't be deterred.
                          I will plug back into the exercise later on this week.

By the way, the WW leader this week was an elderly granny in motorbike boots.
                          It is quite a well to do area, but FULL of eccetrics :H
                          At least I'll feel at home.

Spam, you're making me nervous with all this jumping around :H
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Spam - Who are you???? Your new avatar took me for a loop! I have a rowing machine. Got it as a gift about 15-20 years ago and have been dragging it around ever since. Right now, it's in the "attic" in the garage. There is no place to put it. Spouse has plans to turn our carport into a gym. That would be great. But I'll tell you he has a few more urgent projects first. At least we have room for a treadmill in the guest room because here in Oregon, there are many many days when you can't (or wouldn't want to) work out outside. I'm actually beginning to feel like you guys are friends. At first, I was a little shy, but you guys are great. Thanks for all the support!!!! :thanks:

Comment

Hi Swede,

My avatar is Vyvien - a punk medical student from an 80's British comedy. Just felt like a change.

I will be back to my usual Spam lady soon.

Comment

Ladies! Rock on! You are kickin my booty! I'm tapering down on my topa and finding myself hungrier than usual.......and eating more. Today I wore pants that were a size smaller than I usually wear though, so that's good. It's getting warm here so swim suit season is upon me. Oh joy. But the swimming will be good!

Comment

Working...
                                X