Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on a mission! Who wants to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama bear you CRACK me up! I absolutely adore you!
    :h getting better every day

Comment

So who got their exercise in today, Wednesday?
      I walked 45 min in the morning and 45 min afternoon. Just got in, the rain held off, though it's very humid. I'm lucky too have all this time to exercise. Used to be "all this time to drink"! Ha!
      Let's hear from you gals....

Comment

Okay just pledging my pact here to get healthier and loose weight!
        Today is day one.....haven't exercised yet,but hope to at some point today! Am going to eat well and not drink AL.
        If I can do 30 days AF I shall reward myself with some Reflexology *sigh*.If I loose even a minute amount of weight in that same time, I shall reward myself with a new article of clothing.
        The reward system works for kids,so I'm sure it will work for me too! hahahah!!!
        I need to get healthier!!!!
        It is Thursday morning here and very hot,so any activity shall happen indoors methinks!
        Here's to the dropping of the kilos/pounds!!!!!!!!
        Over and Out
        chook

Comment

Can I Join?

When I started, I had about 20 kgs / 44lbs to lose. Since the beginning of Feb, I have already lost 4 kgs / 9lbs. And people are beginning to notice.

I am doing a couch to 5km running program and going to the gym. I'm more conscieous of my food but not restrictive. Ditching the 2 bottle of wine per day gets rid of around 1100 calories.

Have been to the gym this morning already for a workout with my lovely personal trainer.

Have a healthy and AF Thursday.

XX

Comment

Hey Chook,

Cross posted. I agree, it's hard to excercise in the heat. And I'm not one for getting up for a walk at 5 am.

Hope you have a good day.

Take care xx

Comment

Hey Chook and Spam
              Great to have you two motivate us all. That's awesome that you've lost 4kgs/9lbs already, Spam.
              Sounds like you have a great work out program going....I'd better step it up!
              :jumpin:

Comment

happyladynow;820024 wrote: So who got their exercise in today, Wednesday?
                I walked 45 min in the morning and 45 min afternoon. Just got in, the rain held off, though it's very humid. I'm lucky too have all this time to exercise. Used to be "all this time to drink"! Ha!
                Let's hear from you gals....
                I got my work out in today! I customized my workout at Curves and I got to look at the computer for a summary. I made my goal for every muscle group and I burned 830 calories!

I also drank all my water today and had 4 servings of fruits/veggies (this is a HUGE struggle for me).

:wd:
                I'm proud of us.

Comment

How is everybody doing this Thursday?

Comment

Friday here already in the Land Down Under.

It's not a training day for me as I was at the gym yesterday. I thought yesterday's session was easy - we did some core strength training - but today I am aching.

Lots of housework to do today so I shall be moving! If I have time later I'll do some wii fit.

Have a good Friday everybody.

Spam

Comment

Hi all..
                      I walked my usual 45 min , then increased it to 60 min this morning. This afternoon I walked another 30 min. I have my son's black lab (Babysitting till he gets a job) so she is a great motivator.
                      I really need to start weight training, got all the weights here at home and know what to do. Just need to do IT!
                      Having a great day. How about all of you?
                      :goodjob:

Comment

I didn't get a workout in as I worked till 4, went to football, came home, made dinner.....and now I'm going to bed.

TOMORROW I will go to Curves, drink my water, eat right, and walk the dog with my son. I'm looking forward to a super weekend with some more hiking!

Talk to you all soon. Keep it up. We ROCK!:rockband:

Comment

Hi Folks, I'm new here. An "old lady", approaching 60 this year, but keeping active. I try to work about about an hour to 1 1 1/2 hrs a day, combo cardio, strength, and and balance. I sprained my left wrist about 6 weeks ago and have postponed going to the doc about it. The web says it can take up to 10 weeks for a wrist sprain to heal so if it isn't better by then I will make an appointment. I just hate to keep running to the doc for every little thing. I started the MWO program on last Saturday, and admit that at first my energy level has dropped. I push through but its harder than it was. I'm taking all the supplements. I'm hoping my energy will come back. In the meantime, I'm decreasing my speed on the treadmill, and obviously, not putting any pressure on my left wrist.

Has anyone else experienced a temporary lack of energy on starting the program?

Comment

Swede - have you stopped drinking altogether? I found I was tired when I stopped drinking. I felt it was due to the lack of all that sugar. Alcohol contains so much sugar which initially when drinking, gave me an initial lift - and, I believe stayed in my system for a time. Once it was all gone, I was kind of lethargic. So, I think that may be normal in the beginning. Others here may have more experience with it.

Comment

I was very active 6 months ago and due to a car accident I am getting no where as much excercise as I did. I was cycling around 6 miles a day and going to the gym 3 times a week lifting 30kg Dumbells on the dumbell press (quite an acheivement as the free weights at my gym only went up to 36kg). I did weigh 11 1/2 stone but now im 13 stone, im eager to get back but due to injury I cant. So so frustrating after putting so much work in.

Excersise is the way forward and I would advise everybody to do it, it makes you think straighter and more positive.

Lack of energy can be down to the diet, glucose is a quick fix and thats why clean carbs are good in moderation.

There are lots of usefull calorie trackers out there online for free and its a good way of keeping on track.
                              Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Thanks Funny Girl and Flip Top. I don't use much processed carbohydrates or sugar. I am not totally AF, but pretty much so.

FT: What are "clean carbs'?
                                Also, to anyone reading, would anyone recommend more caffeine?

Comment

Working...
                                X