Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants the MAGIC Diet???? It works!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the c food diet myelf..c food and eat it..god, only the lonely..starting Mon gals??h

/
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Startin Mon....and startin off easy... lol.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Monday it is :-)
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am going to get a magnum classic out of the freezer
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;919030 wrote: I am going to get a magnum classic out of the freezer
            Grrrrrrr
            I already had one today....and yest, and the day before that and that....and and and.....:H

Comment

I am getting a last supper (chipper)
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Wow... Look at all the action on this thread... LOL!

I did this diet "pretty" faithfully for 1 or 2 months. It was easy to stay on once you got started. The weight does indeed come off, and you dont really have to try all "that" hard. For sure one of the best diets that I really really liked once I got it going.

I was NEVER hungry and ate very satisfying food! Steak, chicken, cheese, veggies, salad, seafood, fruit!! Lots of Eggs!! Good stuff! Just watch the Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, and Sugar!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

P.S. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT LINKS! GOING TO CHECK THEM OUT!!
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Bit like Harcombe

Thanks for starting this OverIt. I was doing something similar callled The Harcombe Diet. The Harcombe Diet | Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing weight

It's basic premise is to cut out processed foods and to limit carbs. It is really effective (if you stick to it). A bit like Atkins, it goes in a few phases. In the first, for a week you cut out all the things you mentioned. Then after that, you are supposed to only eat things in their unprocessed state - eg. if you want to have rice or pasta, then it has to be wholegrain (but quite frankly, who wants that, so you may as well cut it out altogether!!) And rather than drinking orange juice, you eat an orange (or juice your own).

Another rule is that in a meal, you never mix carbs with fats - based on the fact that the only food in nature which does this is the avacado, believe it or not. All other natural foods predominantly consist of one or the other. So for example, if you wanted to have pasta, you would have veggies with it for a carb meal. And for a fat meal, you could have bacon and eggs together or a steak and salad, seeing as the amount of carbs in most salad veg is negligible.

You aren't supposed to have sweeteners either, because your body can't tell the difference between them and sugar, so it still produces an insulin spike. I have not completely stuck to this as I can't get by without my sugar-free red bull at the moment, but I found when I did cut out diet coke etc, I lost even more weight.

By the way, wholemeal bread is probably out, as i haven't found one yet that doesn't contain sugar.

Anyway, if you really must have something processed, the general rule is you can have it if it has fewer than 4 ingredients in it (not sugar though!) - I have found some sausages like this, believe it or not - lifesaver for snacking.

AND you can eat as much as you like, because it is unlikely you will overeat.

I am going back on this now I have decided to get healthy again. If you want more info pm me as I will be rereading the book soon, since I fell off the healthy eating wagon a while ago and have put some of the weight back on. Well, you will if you have pizza for breakfast!

K x
                  Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the great info Kimbery. Im going to bookmark this link you posted.

Seems like lots of people on here really know their stuff! Thats great! Im going to really read what you posted when I get a chance (running late for work)

One thing I know FOR SURE, is that any diet with excessive alcohol in it is NOT GOOD!

My weight would bounce all over the place and eventually the alcohol weight would plant intself into a fat stomach and thighs!

At my last doctors visit, he said "You will never be successful with your weight if you continue to drink". I have finally taken those words as the truth they are!!!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Can I join in? Are we startin tomorrow? Just can't imagine what I'm gonna eat without bread, pasta, rice or spuds, - don't mind the sugar so much - anyway will give it a go!
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Mollyka

A few of us are starting tomorrow, i think, ..not sure myself about the no pasta, bread, spuds or rice..but i am commiting to some type of weight loss plan and exercise..i'm not a great bread eater and i could live without rice but i love my pasta and spuds so will have to wean myself off gradually rather than going cold turkey!
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

I am starting tomorrow with you guys - well actually I started a couple of days ago but want to stick with you guys to keep the momentum going. I have FINALLY realised that just giving up alcohol is not enough for me. I need to maintain a healthy diet. Going off al always gives me MASSIVE sugar cravings, but the more you give in to them, the more it just perpetuates the cravings for al and sugar. So I'm in - will be doing the same thing as you guys, but also with my Harcombe spin on it. Let's get healthy
                          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I use the cabbage/vegetable soup diet for a week, when I want to lose weight quickly. As we get older, the weight builds in ugly places. Lately, I've had a problem eating, and have lost 22 pounds. But that is not the way I want to do it. Today, I forced myself to eat a piece of roast chicken, and several slices of sweet onion. I DO NOT recommend this type of diet to anyone, but usually I eat anything fresh I can find, and love to cook and bake. After my experience with my Mom when she became sick and passed away, I believe as we age a little extra padding is a good thing, especially if we become ill. I've had 2 life-threatening illnesses where I lost 20 to 35 pounds in a couple of weeks. NOT a good thing. Yes we CAN be too thin and too rich!! We just need to be healthy, and that means good foods and exercise.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

OK gals, its D Day!
                              I am going to get on the scales later, and might or might not post my weight :H

Comment

Jeez, Don't think I'm postin my weight, I'm nearly 6 foot tall so even at 11 stone I'm really quite skinny - a lot more than that at the moment me thinks tho!!
                                Cannot think of ONE thing to eat for my breakfast that doesn't include BRPPS (the 5 forbiddens!) bugger, don't know how long I'm gonna last!
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X