Ready to tackle weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a 2 hour bike ride today, with our dog, on a trail without vehicles. It's one of those former railroad beds converted to trail use. I have run the dog before on my bike, but never for this long. She kept right up, kept me moving right along. I ate some cookies I didn't need with my lunch when we got home, but I think it was still a calorie deficit day.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Just checking in....I'm managing to stick within my WW daily points allocation but still having a really difficult time getting to the gym to do some much needed aerobic and strength training - need some motivation or a swift kick in the arse to get me moving. :H

Sunbeam, a 2 hour bike ride?!? Well done! :bow
      :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

off to do 10k run as a preparation for 10k race. Need to see if I can do it with my sore ribs and recently sprained ankle. Wish me luck still eating too much but NOT DRINKING

Comment

My weight today is 139.5. Someone else was posting weight on Wednesday. I usually post whenever I see a new low number, which isn't always weekly. There are usually day to day fluctuations, so I find this more encouraging.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I have read somewhere that any aerobic exercise of less than 20 mins is no use, is this true - any experts out there? Surely it's better to do 10 mins than none at all
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sunbeam I am going to weigh myself later as I didn't get to the gym this morning - going tomorrow though , target is 4 times a week. My eating is getting a lot better and feel the health kick, kicking in. I was 166 two weeks ago, I want to lose 30 pounds and keep them off..

Comment

Yes Molly 10 minutes is better than no minutes and you have to start somewhere. 10 minutes gradually increases.I reckon 5 minutes extra each week until you are ok for an hour that way you will not get disheartened.
                Does hump day mean Wednesday?
                Not sure about the diet stuff now as even when I am eating badly I am losing weight now so it must be that I am burning the calories and also not drinking bottles of wine must be helping. Managed my 10k run in 1 hour so feel very pleased with myself.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in and say :goodjob: to you all I am very impressed by your commitment. Way to go Ladies you are very inspirational!!

Dewdrop :h
                  Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Have a great night all, quick check in before watching Survivor...

Comment

Good morning :jumpin:

I went to the gym this morning, starting to get back in the groove....I weighed myself and still at 166 ugh, but at least I didn't gain any weight. I am sure it will take a couple of weeks to kick start my system after being AF for awhile.

Eating good, loving life and thankful to be AF.

Have a great Thursday :l

Comment

Hey All

Hey Ladies....I am checking in. Sorry I haven't been around. Not sure why. Topa has made me tired, well, that is one excuse. Another is that I drank once but that really wasn't too bad. It was closer to what a person might call "Normal" then what I normally would do...thanks to Topa, although my goal is still AL free. My weight has just got me really down I guess. I have had my kiddo most of this week so if I haven't been at work or with him I have been sleeping. Tonight I am going to try to get a couple miles in and again on Sun-the following weekend I will be able to make time...so wish me luck!!!

Big :l from MN

I will do better at checking in I promise!!!!
                        TayTay

?KNOWING YOURSELF means being able to separate the true from the false in yourself - love from emotion, joy from sentiment, Will from desire.? ~Barry Long quotes

Comment

Good morning,

I went to the gym again this morning..and feeling good. 4 times this week, reaching my goal. Will get some walks in over the weekend outside, want to mix it up a bit.

Comment

Hiya everyone been out on my bike but decided to put up with my chocolate habit until I have more af time under my belt. Just sticking to the exercise is enough at the moment.

Comment

I rode my bike about an hour today. I will be spending the weekend with a group taking a nature course, sleeping in a cabin. Meals are included in the (low) cost of the weekend, I imagine they won't tempt me to over-eat. Plus we will be outdoors a lot.

Comment

Sunbeam, that sounds like an awesome weekend.

I had a great weekend, worked out again yesterday so 5 days this week. My appetite is lessening and going to eliminate sugar this week. I plan on doing the elimination diet as I have some symptoms that point to an allergy or intolerance. Sugar this week...wish me luck, I'm usually don't crave sugar, but I know early on in sobriety it is huge.

Take care, I am taking tomorrow off from the gym - housework all day today another workout LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X