Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running

Before start my workouts, First I warm up properly by walking for five to 10 minutes. It help to improve my stamina during work-out.

Comment

Running

Running can never be boring. Consider changing your route. There are so many beautiful places all over us. You just need to change the setting :-)))

Comment

Running

katemidlletone;1330900 wrote: Before start my workouts, First I warm up properly by walking for five to 10 minutes. It help to improve my stamina during work-out.
        Ha ha, if I did that, I would not have enough energy for the actual work out!!! But yes, everyone of us is different!

Comment

Running

catch22;1286800 wrote: Hi Runner's,
          Like to share my good news with you all i did my first half marathon on sunday in 2hr 34mins. All that hard training paid of i stop for a tiny little while just over 11miles, and carryed on. The last mile was up hill, but the whole run was up and down i thought it was going to be flat. The atmopshere was great the locals were a gr8 support and kids handing out jelly babies .
          Its funny when i was running this guy in front of me had this t-shirt on of this old bloke holding a glass of wine, it was a very strong message for me, i would of never of been able to do this if i was still drinking. The end was the best for me seeing that finish line and every1 cheering you on i felt like a celebrity and a bit embarrassed it was so good to get that medal at the end. I had a nice Hot Stone Massage after the run really help'd my muscles the next day..
          Its so good to have that freedom, from alochol.

Wow running4life 17, half marathon

Catch22 xXx
          That is pretty impressive. I would not be able to run that long. Well done!

Comment

Running

I can't believe I missed this Post after all this time. I got my fifth marathon on November 4th, feeling pretty good for it, I think it should be my best.

P.S. To the runners out there, maybe its a NYC thing, but some of the biggest boozers I know, both male and female are runners, kind of weird I always thought...

Comment

Running

Hi Stewarts,

Don't think it's just an NYC thing - plenty of us Scots are running drunkards too. And some enthusiastic runners and exercise aficionados on this site did high intensity work outs with high intensity drinking (not necessarily at the same i might add)...

RC

Comment

Running

He RC, I think it kind of makes sense. I am an avid skier and still play ice hockey...and I will admit, after a day of skiing, a beer tastes so good, same thing for after a hockey game....I think it has something to do with, well, being dehydrated, but also your andrelanine kicking in high gear. I guess its the same with running. After I run a marathon, the first thing I try to get is a bloody Mary and a burger....

There's an old mens' league hockey saying, "My drinking team has a hockey problem."

Cheers,

Comment

Running

Stewarts;1400031 wrote: He RC, I think it kind of makes sense. I am an avid skier and still play ice hockey...and I will admit, after a day of skiing, a beer tastes so good, same thing for after a hockey game....I think it has something to do with, well, being dehydrated, but also your andrelanine kicking in high gear. I guess its the same with running. After I run a marathon, the first thing I try to get is a bloody Mary and a burger....

There's an old mens' league hockey saying, "My drinking team has a hockey problem.
                  "

Cheers,
                  Like that!

I sometimes found that i could drink pretty heavily the night before a long (or short) run. Wonder whether that was just excess sugar that helped run and sweat out the bad stuff...

RC

Comment

Running

Interesting, I found the opposite. I don't like running after a night of drinking - a glass of wine or two, beer or two, but thats it; I feel too sluggish. Afterwards, a different story. Your hypothesis does makes some sense though.

Anyway, I got a week before the NYC marathon, and I'm noticing certain supplements affecting my runs, let alone a drink or two the night before. I've been taking beta alanine for lactic acid build-up during training, but I think it's elevating my body temperature, probably a bad idea the morning of the race, maybe the night before?

Anyway....

Comment

Running

Hi all, I love running after starting it regularly over a year ago. Looking back, I have no idea how I managed to fit it in round my heavy drinking, but I did. Although, I would usually force myself out for a run after work then 'reward' myself by drinking afterwards.

Anyway, I was chuffed with myself in May last year when I finished a 10k race in 53 mins, so signed up for a half marathon in September there and finished in 2 hours 10 mins which I was pleased with. Have now signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon in May next year. Shitting myself, but I am determined to commit to a proper training plan and continue to stay off the drink and fags and hopefully get good results.

xx

Comment

Running

See ya there! Plan to do it myself.

God knows how i drank and ran... think my body had just got used to it. Taking it gentle just now before resuming more regular running in the new year leading up to the marathon season (if there is such a thing, it's what i call it cos there's a load of them on around spring!).

Comment

Running

Hey RC

That's good you are planning on doing it too!

As for our bodies getting used to the alcohol and running, think you are right. I would often run with a hangover, although plenty of times I was just too ill to even think of it.

My plan is to start a proper training plan in January too. I've been hammering metafit and circuit classes since I quit AL and I intend on keeping some of that going too for X training.

Good luck with your training x

Comment

Working...
                          X