Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running

Hi:
    I run 3-4 times a week and do 3-4 half marathons per year. I am training right now for Vegas Rock n Roll the first Sunday in December. Running keeps me sane and keeps the weight off.
    I would be as big as a house from all the wine a drank if I didn't run.
    Running with a group will keep you accountable. Go for coffee after and enjoy some social time.
    I also make sure I sign up for an event as a goal. I always do runs that reward you with a medal after. It is nice after a hard half marathon when some holds out the medal for you to put on.
    It is worth the hard work and your body will love it.
    Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Running

Great stuff Running 4 life, and great handle you have.

Step out the door, and just put one foot in front of the other.

I'm a runner too. Yeeah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Running

Archer;1200976 wrote: Hi
        Running is the most important part for fitness of the body,who will take their exercise daily always be happy and active those who going vice versa.
        Nah, it's no fun if you can't go vice versa. Except if you want to go versa vice. Oh, and there are some very good recipes in the Recipe corner you may want to try out. This one is especially good. I'll bet you'd love it...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...ml#post1200985
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Running

HaHa - good one

Comment

Running

Sign up for races with obstacles...I ran the Warrior Dash in Wisconsin and it was a blast! Unfortunately, there is a lot of partying there. Anyway, there are 12 obstacles to go over during the 5K.

In a couple weeks I am running a cross country mud run. The obstacles make it more fun! If you don't compete, run through a park with hills and trees...somewhere with a view. That is amazing.

Comment

Running

HI Runners, Gr8 thread.

I sign up to do a half marathon on (25th march) and started training the last week in october.(with a few runners) Am up to 10 miles now, but am finding it very hard ! I never thought i could get that far i could not run a mile when i started Someone said to me about the three S's that you build up on Strength Stamina and speed and speed is the last one. My run is a very slow run because am still working on my strides i use up so much energy on my small strides it makes sense now why i feel so tired. Any ideas that could help? am going to start doing more stretching with my legs and am also going to started to change my diet and eat more tuna and pasta, feel like i need it for my energy now, because am running 3times a week on monday 4miles wednesday 10miles and friday 8miles. It hard work but cant wait now for the day !
              Tips that work for me after a long run have a cold bath from waist ddown really does help with the muscles the next day.
              Going to invest in a form roller good for leg massage.

A Question to the ones that have done marathons b4 What sort of training do you do the week b4 the marathon????? I've been told not to run at all that week b4 but can do any other training !

Catch22 xXx
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Running

Hi Catch... Congrats on your running. I am a runner and have done several halfs and one whole in 2011. One thing you might try are intervals. Meaning, run at your fastest pace for 30 seconds or so and then running at slower pace for a couple of minuted ..... And just keep building up on that. Google fartleks. Good info. Good luck. I am running a half on April 1st. April fools day....

Shiner

Comment

Running

Thanks Shiner for the info....x Good Luck on April fools day.X
                  sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                  my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Running

Alexanderjhon;1265877 wrote: Hello friends,.....
                    I had reading all the posts and i like running with my friends. Ruining is the
                    best for our health and please tell me more benefit to running thanks.
                    Yes, ruining is best for our health and you can find some good hints at this link...

www.ruining-for-your-health.com

Comment

Running

Alden;1266485 wrote: Running is the best exercise for weight lose.If you run just 2-3 miles daily it burns the 100 calories that enough for your weight lose and make you stamina. It also strong your body muscle like leg muscle.
                      I always wanted to be made stamina. And I can't wait for my body to be all leg muscle. But then I will have four legs. Does that mean I have to wear two pairs of shoes? One on my leg-legs and one on my arm-legs?

Oh and here's a link for you.... www.running-with-four-legs.com I hope it helps you with your weight lose.

Comment

Running

Hi everyone
                        Running keeps me sane and sober. I have done about 17 half marathons and many 10 km races. I am not fast but I am faster than those who never run.
                        Running is fantastic exercise, just watch out for injuries. Increase mileage slowly.
                        R4l
                        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Running

I love to see so many runners!
                          G-Bloke, you never cease to amaze me. Never knew you were a runner too!
                          I'm doing a Warrior Dash in June. It is definitely a downside that it turns into a barbarian turkey leg and beer fest afterwards. I will just be on my way after my wave.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Running

I'm a runner-wanna-be. My biggest problem is shin splints. I read that it could be the shoes, so I got a kick-A pair of runners, yet a few minutes on the treadmill and that burn begins...I've really started out slowly and I'm a stretcher...any other tips for me? Btw...I even get them when I walk fast. I'm also a gym rat so I have pretty strong calfs, quads, hams. I'd love to run every day out in the woods since I'm lucky enough to live in the mountains.

Comment

Running

Feeling really proud of myself :-)

Hi Runner's,
                              Like to share my good news with you all i did my first half marathon on sunday in 2hr 34mins. All that hard training paid of i stop for a tiny little while just over 11miles, and carryed on. The last mile was up hill, but the whole run was up and down i thought it was going to be flat. The atmopshere was great the locals were a gr8 support and kids handing out jelly babies .
                              Its funny when i was running this guy in front of me had this t-shirt on of this old bloke holding a glass of wine, it was a very strong message for me, i would of never of been able to do this if i was still drinking. The end was the best for me seeing that finish line and every1 cheering you on i felt like a celebrity and a bit embarrassed it was so good to get that medal at the end. I had a nice Hot Stone Massage after the run really help'd my muscles the next day..
                              Its so good to have that freedom, from alochol.

Wow running4life 17, half marathon

Catch22 xXx

Comment

Running

Shiner;1259123 wrote: Hi Catch... Congrats on your running. I am a runner and have done several halfs and one whole in 2011. One thing you might try are intervals. Meaning, run at your fastest pace for 30 seconds or so and then running at slower pace for a couple of minuted ..... And just keep building up on that. Google fartleks. Good info. Good luck. I am running a half on April 1st. April fools day....

Shiner
                                How did your half Marathon go Shiner? was thinking about you Y/day!

Comment

Working...
                                X