X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walking thread

n0...I have n0 clue...!
    I'm addicted to procrastination...
    Well, at least your stairs are clean-and that is kind of a workout- plus the 20 min's to and fro is good, too...
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

walking thread

fluff;1101065 wrote: n0...I have n0 clue...!
      I'm addicted to procrastination...
      :H
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

walking thread

Did 50 min's on the dreadmill...having an ipod really helps!
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

walking thread

I thought you were being really clever Kim and typing every o as a capital. I was very impressed by your dedication!

I'm going for a walk with my friend tonight and then we're going to use her mothers powerplate machine - never been on one of those before..... wibble wobble etc.

Sooty

Comment

walking thread

well girls, I did 45 mins again tOday pOwer walking and guess what, after my dinner im gOing to pOwer walk again this very evening! GO me! LOOks like were keeping the cOmmitment, im prOud Of us!!
            Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

walking thread

have tO say thO , the walking really helps the fOcus Off the drink. It is such an amazing day and I was thinking a glass Of vinO wOuld be niceO but I Opted for a lOng walk instead and banashed thOse thOughts , Old habits and all that, stinkin' drinkin' thinkin'! Feel great nOw........

Comment

walking thread

Hi all, back on track today. You all sound well exercised! Walked abrupt 4 miles today. Knee ok. Need to remember to stretch more often. I find walking a healthy life line. Good for health and huge distraction from temptation!

Have a great evening all

Comment

walking thread

Hehe thanks f0r the s0lidarity with the 0s. I managed ab0ut 6.5 miles t0day. Had a really nice 3-h0ur wander up t0 Hampstead Heath as the weather was beautiful. Then walked 15 mins t0 meeting and back this evening as well. I have definitely made up f0r the last 2 days 0f sl0th!

K x

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

walking thread

Hidiho there walkers! Had an even longer walk today , feeling great!
                    Hamstead Heath, sounds nice Kimberly and the weathers so fantastic. I have to admit I am starting to feel great and more in control . Long may it last.
                    Hope all you lot are up walking and enjoying the sun xx

Comment

walking thread

Walked for an hour. Very tired today but hanging in. Where is everyone else today? Miz Fitt is keeping us all going! :goodjob:

Comment

walking thread

I did my walk/job for an hour-on the treadmill, again due to rain...Kimberley's walk is far more interesting than mine...
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

walking thread

Well just s0me functi0nal walking t0day as I had things t0 d0. S0 i was actually pretty active t0day and 0n my feet f0r m0st 0f it. An0ther nice day. T0m0rr0 is my big walking day - I usually walk 2 h0urs acr0ss t0wn t0 my therapist and s0metimes walk s0me 0f the way back as well. Will let y0u kn0w what I manage t0m0rr0w.

K x

Recovery Videos

Comment

walking thread

I walked about 5 miles today! Also did a bicept workout. I couldn't finish my weight routine, but the day is not over yet. I will still do a few things like crunches and push ups before I go to bed. I may have to take tomorrow off and work in my yard....when I walked by it looked like it needs some weeding. The walking kills my appetite and I have to make dinner for my family. It may be a help yourself kind of night. I went out with friends yesterday and was told I look thiner...! Its not showing much on the scale yet, but never does with me until the second week of being serious about the diet and exercise. This Monday will be the beginning of week 3. I am hoping for the scale to start moving downward soon. I will not quit no matter what!

Comment

walking thread

Hello guys, I have started back exercising this week as well. I used to jog until I got back problems and now I'm a walker. I also do eliptical and/or spinning classes to change it up a bit.

Today I did 35 minutes on the eliptical in the morning. Tomorrow I will either walk 3.5 miles in the a.m. or go to the gym and do another eliptical workout.

Sounds like you are all distance walkers, but hope I can join in and build up to that?!

Comment

walking thread

Wow - you guys are impressive (look, i fixed my 'o'!).

Buffy I'm trying to lose a little weight too. I am doing it mostly by diet but walking helps and I want to throw a bit of stretching and weights in there for toning. I am fed up with carrying an extra stone (14lb) around from when I broke my ankle a few years back. My diet is cutting carbs, eliminating processed foods and sugar and also portion control as I don't have masses to lose.

MyLife distance walking is great as it builds up stamina, great for all sorts really. I have heard eliptical trainers are good - but I would rather be a chubber for life than go to the gym. I went to a gym once to prove to a mate how much I would hate it- and I did!! Though I would've happily nicked the rowing machine...:H

Kx

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X