Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 days, no wine, no junk, lots of exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI everyone and thanks for sharing!! Some great stuff here, ups and downs, challenges. challenges and more challenges, but hey we are all coping in our own way and making progress. Blues well done for hitting the gym, great strategy am sure it will give you strength to make the right decisions. To all our pinksters ( love it) your posts are amazing, Miss O, daisy, Barb, Tips, Blone. SJ, and all of you reading but not posting it makes a difference and i am so proud/happy to be part of this group. As you can see I have posted a picture of a hot pink bike, its not actually mine but dont pick it up until Thursday so wanted to share the fact I have actually bought one - yay!! Eating is going well, am also snacking on healthy foods and walked/ran and cycled today so I just did it! I am blessed as not had any cravings so far and so pleased to have two weekends under my belt, but as Tips says I am not complacent as I can see how Barb/ Blues daisy etc are still fighting on a daily basis to stay sober, well done! I find my confidence growing daily and believe that i can actually do this, before I used to panic about thinking about giving up drinking, but without doubt whilst I still have the stresses and strains of daily life, as we all do, my life is much better physically and mentally without poison in it! Be in touch again tomorrow and remember even when you dont feel like exercise - JUST DO IT!!! Much love sisters, oh and by the way i bougth some accessories for my bike and the range was called ' pink angels' could not believe it as i immediately thougth of us! I got a hot pink lock, water bottle and gloves!! The bike is silver with pink throught it, am loving the lavender too though ! Sleep well Angels on earth !
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Keepwalking, take a picture of yourself in full gear. You sound like a right laugh! What about getting one of those wee squeezy horns to put on the handlebar? You can get them with pink tassles......
      Bluesdancer you are same day as me and if you read back you'll see I have spent the last couple of days feeling like you are right now......awful and scarey to feel something can have that much control over you...
      Didnt give in and feel much better this evening. Hang in there; thinking of you and wishing you all the best and look forward to your 'happy you made it' post in the morning:l:h
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi all You beautiful Hot Pink Babes!!! No excercise today rest day but tomorrow hitting the Park. Lots of emotion flying around my brain at the moment. I think Full Moon and a PMT at the moment. Normally I would be high on wine but doing this sober is intresting..Did I get this cranky before the once a month thing when I was drinking maybe I will never know because when I drank I always forgot everything.

Anyway 20 days tomorrow and Full Moon tomorrow wow no wonder I am going a little insane but at least I am doing it Sober!

Good night and sweet dreams beautiful people all the way across the world! xxxxx

Comment

Hi Pink Perpetual AF Pixies! (could I get anymore "p"s in there?)

Barb-You are such an inspiration, you may not even realize it! Sorry the girls brought you wine but you fought it and overcame the urge to drink and everyone of us here knows how downright hard that is, especially in the beginning. Sending you supportive thoughts through the visit and on towards your trip tonight. I love the way Tipp said that we will be the stars twinkling down on you with encouragement! Way to go girl!

Miss October, you are not a disappointment to us at all with having a few glasses of wine over the weekend. Everyone is different and if you are able to get away with just 2 glasses over the course of a meal than it is a good sign that you can eventually moderate. Some of us just can't and some of us can. I am on the fence with this one as I am committed to 30 days AF and then think I could mod...but deep down, I know I will feel better if I forever free myself from AL period. It's just so hard sometimes to think about a lifetime of never drinking again. But what I do know is this: Every morning when I wake up sober, I am happier, more energetic, less bloated, kinder to myself, positive, clear-eyed (btw, someone mentioned visine earlier on this thread and I didn't respond, but I used to go through bottles of visine and even kept it on my nightstand so I could squirt it in first thing in the morning after drinking all night so I wouldn't see the redness in my eyes!). So, I know that I feel much better not drinking, but everyday, around 5-6PM when I get home from work, I want to open a bottle of wine and have a few glasses. Unfortunately, I will finish the whole bottle and wake up the next morning hating myself. I guess I just have to remember that next time I have a craving, like tonight!

Mia, great job on racking up your days! I am right behind you at Day 13! Feeling serene!

Cheers to everyone else...keep up the good work.
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Good morning all. I always love coming to this Pleasant Pink Place

I just got an earful from my brother and his wife on Skype. They are waiting for me and my mom to arrive tonight and had a bottle of our own homeade wine that they know I love waiting for me. i told them about the 30 day detox and they both did that little dissapointed song and dance that I was dreading. "You mean you'r not going to have a glass of wine with us. We made it especially for your visit.." My response was "I have had so much fun sober, you won't know the difference but thanks." They know me as a real partyer. And I still am.. sober.

I think it was Doggy Girl that said there is never a good time to do the 30 day A/F and I always put it off for that reason. I chose a month where I would be on vacation with people who love me for my craziness. Now I think I made the right decision after reading Blonde Ambitions and others saying " but everyday, around 5-6PM when I get home from work, I want to open a bottle of wine and have a few glasses. " and it is true of all of us. I took myself away from that routine to do my 30 days without realizing it at the time. Maybe my subconcious mind knows what it's doing. LOL.

Barb1234 we are waiting to hear from you and please post no matter what. Miss October had a few and jumped right back on the bandwagon. I may slip in Vancouver with my pushy adorable brother but so be it. We, Pink Ladies are here to give each other a virtual slap on the head and to hold out a hand to pull you back on the wagon to endure the rest of the bumpy ride with us. You're not getting off that easy girl. Let us know how it went not only with the drinking but with that wonderful moonlit kayak ride.

My Toronto brother runs a kayak tour business in the lake and river surrounding Toronto and today before he drives us to the airport he's taking me on a kayak ride past the CN tower and Ontario Place. yah... can't wait.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters !

Racked up another AF night. I took my son to gymnastics at 8:00 pm and we know the rules.....no drinking and driving.....

Keeps you beat me to it ! When I woke up this AM, I decided I was going to change my AVATAR to a hot pink bike for the remainder of this thread. I also found a purple bike, and I will change my AVATAR to that after this challenge Can't wait to see a picture of your "real" new pink bike !

Blonde, I like how you said "Every morning when I wake up sober, I am happier, more energetic, less bloated, kinder to myself, positive, clear-eyed." That's what this is all about. Making good healthy choices !!

Mia, very nice on the 20 days. Oh, and the full moon does make some people crazy I understand

Daisy you are almost on 30 days. You are "Just Doing It" !! Go girlie !!

BluesD, I feel for you. The power of addiction is so overwhelming, it sucks. But you are ALMOST there toward your goal of 30 days. I'm sending you lots of strength from New Jersey !!

Tips !! Wow !! You are amazing. When you put your mind to something, you JUST DO IT !! Your MINDSET is right where it should be for your goal. You are so much MY inspiration

Barb, you are doing so well, and should be very proud of yourself. Hope you enjoyed your kayak run yesterday.

Ok, so tonight for me, I plan on riding my "purple" bike up and down the hills where I live. If it rains, I'll take the cycle class at my health club. Before either ride, I plan on putting a glass mug in the freezer, and when my ride is done, pour ice tea in the frosted mug and enjoy !!

Miss O.

P.S. I saw a kayak yesterday on top of my son's gymnastics teachers car. So I asked him about kayaking, and he LOVES it !! It looks a little scary to me. What happens if it tips over and your head is stuck under water ?
              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi everyone. Just a quick check-in. Back from my swim today. 50 lengths, and last night clocked up 64; =1 mile. Now that was a rare event when alcohol was at play.....
                Have a great day everyone! Catch ye' laters........
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters!

Happy to report 24 days AF! I made it through the kayak party! Yesterday was easier some how. The hardest part was my girlfriend calling abut 2 hrs. before the trip asking if I wanted to meet for a martini, then go to dinner. My immediate reaction was "Yes" but before I could even answer she said,"oh, you're not drinking because of your sinus infection". I had to reset my thinking for a second, because I am so used to saying "yes" EVERY TIME SOMEONE ASKS ME TO GO FOR A DRINK. So I told her I could just go and sit with her if she wanted a drink, and she said "no, I really don't want it that bad, just want the time with you to relax".
                  The moment she said she didn't want it that bad impacted so strongly on me because, I always wanted it that bad. I could never say "no" before, or "take it or leave it". This really shows me how bad of a problem I have. I actually embarrassed myself at that moment. I can't imagine having a normal relationship with AL ever now after that conversation.
                  There were two other big moments for me last night....
                  When we were on the river, the girls broke out a bottle of wine. I was so relaxed, and didn't even want any. They started drinking and talking and the smell of alcohol was in the air as we were floating pretty close together. That smell was so disgusting to me, really, I'm not kidding. I thought back on how many times I would be drinking and talking to people with that smell on my breath. I wondered how many times other people talking to me thought it was disgusting. (Embarrassed myself again).
                  The third moment was this. I bought 3 bottles of alcohol free beer with me on the trip, just in case I started wigging out. When I got home, I emptied out my ice chest to find the 3 bottles untouched, and surprised, that I never even thought about them the entire time. This was a 4 hr. trip! Shocking!
                  So that's my story. Looking back at how terrified I was approaching Sunday and Monday, I am glad it's over. Yes, I got through them, but with a lot of anxiety. The other people I am sure never had the same thoughts I had. No one knew how terrified I was facing those parties, and never knowing from one moment to the next if I was going to fail. How ridiculous this all is. What a waste of energy. My wish is that one day I will not have to worry about these moments and that I will have a different life without AL controlling my every thought. I hope I can come through this strong enough to not allow someone else to pressure me back into my private hell.
                  I was lucky this time, I know this. Will I be strong enough next time? It's only up to me. I hate this about my life.
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Yay, Barb, yay Barb, yay Barb... YOU DID IT. So happy for you and you even came through when it was in your FACE. Please tell us about the kayak ride. I was there with you last night blinking away in the night sky.

Hey Miss October, if it tips over you either drown or you use your arms to slide your backside out of the kayak WITHOUT bending your knees. It's tricky and you should try it with someone beside you in waist deep water before you venture out. Some kayaks are more tippy than others.

Don't pat me on the back too quickly; the worst temptation is yet to come. I also don't take much credit for my willpower; it's a gift from the universe. If you could read the hundreds of journal entries i have made in the last five years or so saying today is the first day of 30 days AF you would know what I mean. I always wished for willpower and not only has it been handed to me on a silver platter; it's actually not an effort. Sorry to say I am not struggling but I feel someone else's booze brain has taken over mine. I just hope it continues. All that to say I have had a few close calls.

I'll describe it like this. For the most part it's been surprisingly easy. Then, out of the blue, for a stupid reason, I'll actually order a glass of wine in a restaurant or a Mike's Hard Lemonade and then I sort of catch myself and smarten up and cancel the order. At those times my willpower not only doesn't exist, it's as if I never had it. It hasn't happened often but like all of you I have to be on guard all the time.

I know this is an exercise thread and I hope to be hiking in the mountains of British Columbia this time tomorrow. Have a great day.

Tips
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;1130690 wrote:
                      Hey Miss October, if it tips over you either drown or you use your arms to slide your backside out of the kayak WITHOUT bending your knees. It's tricky and you should try it with someone beside you in waist deep water before you venture out. Some kayaks are more tippy than others.

Tips
                      I think I'll leave kayaking to the "PROFESSIONALS". I don't do to well with my head under water :H
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi Pink Ladies:
                        I posted last night and somehow lost it so here goes again. Tipplerette, the Grouse Grind is open and I have been waiting all winter to do it again. It is the best stairmaster ever and a great workout. Be careful if that is the mountaing you are going to hike as a mother bear and her cubs were spotted at the entrance the other day.
                        Well, I seem to have been able to make it through the witching our for 16 days now and am feeling quite proud and a lot healthier. I am hoping to make it through the 30 days but taking it one day at a time. I have a few events coming up including one this afternoon where the wine will be in my face. I hope to stay strong. I did a spinning bike workout yesterday and loved it. I have not done that in some time although the bike sits in our family room.

I am planning to run before I go to the event so i am relaxed. Wish me luck. Good luck and blessings to all of you too!
                        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Hi Ladies, Thanks for all the support and extra energy. I made it. The craving actually subsided about 5 minutes into my workout. I ended up having a very pleasant night. So, I am happy to say this is day 29 AF for me. Mostly, it's been a pleasant and empowering journey. The craving's have been few and far between.
                          So, tommorow is Day 30 for me (and Daisy). I will be spending it on my boat with my pup and my husband. I have a bottle of sparkling grape juice and some juicy steaks. My husband is going to teach me how to kayak and he's out now buying a TV so I can do yoga on the boat. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my hot pink shoelaces and will pick up my new skyrobics shoes tommorow.
                          Again, everyone thanks for the support. Hopefully I'll have more time to catch up with everyone this evening.
                          On the fitness front. Hitting skyrobics tonight. I've lost the 2lbs I somehow managed to gain. And I feel vast improvements in my strength and endurance.
                          Blessed Be everyone.
                          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Pinksters, just a quick post before I hit the hay! Felt ill today, head cold, achey, headache etc, however reading all your posts always puts a smile on my face. Well done Barb, you did it! I have not done exercise today except for quick walk this morning so have broken a rule but i do have an excuse i e being ill! Well done Blues, phew 30 days, what is your plan for the next 30? I found myself thinking about my plans for after this 30 days but again have decided to shelve them until i get to that point! Tips sounds like you are having a brilliant holiday and your resolve is wonderful. Sorry if i dont respond to each individual post, i love reading them all but never seem to find time to comment on each one. Love to you all and promise i will post a pic of my new bike later this week. Sweet dreams sober sisters! xx
                            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

HI Tip!!!!! Not sure if you remember me but
                              we used to talk with Franz... I have often wondered how
                              you were doing. Seems pretty good. I left for awhile cause
                              I was so embarrassed about my AL behavior.
                              But came back and am trying really hard to stay and be
                              connected no matter what I am doing.

I have been posting under the meds. I tried Topa but
                              the SE's were to much for me.

anyway just wanted to say hi. This looks like a fabulous
                              thread. Maybe I will bug you guys for awhile, if that's ok?

hugs,
                              BK

Comment

Happy Full Moon To everyone!!! What a beautiful day here and how good it is to be sober!!

Everyone here is doing so well!! :l I have been struggling for the first time the past few days, not so much as craving a drink but just learning how to deal with emotions when they come up. I have not dealt with emotions being sober in a long long time.

But onwards I say I have worked through them this time around and I know they will pop up their head again and yes I will be sober again to deal with them.

I love or new life. It is so good to get back into our fitness again and to wake up feeling proud and happy! I even stayed up last night till 11.30. Normally I would be in bed at 8.30 with two bottles of wine in my belly AHHHHHH

Thank You to all My sober sisters you all mean the world to me :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X