Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 days, no wine, no junk, lots of exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick c/i as it's late. Today I walked 4.5 miles and did half of Firm V.1 (lower body floorwork). At over 16K steps now so that's good, must have been the bit of cleaning I got done too.

Day 8 AF
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Congrats on week one Tip.

Welcome to the group BlondeAFamition. The more the merrier.

My exercise plan for the week is
      Mon- Interval Training
      Tues- Trampoline Aerobics and Blues Dance Practice
      Weds- Trampoline Aerobics
      Thurs- Trampoline Aerobics and Swing Dance Class
      Saturday- Ballet Barre
      And of course no AL and cutting back on sugar.
      AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE FROM A SUNNY U.K AND DAY 7 - hooray!!! Week 1 - done!! Tips love your post re your daughter and her assignments/you tube. if ever there was a reason to give up drinking you got it right there, all your relationships are more positive when sober, dont you all agree???? Welcome Blondy, glad to have you on board, my view on the animal front, is that if they are not part of the food chain they will never exist at all and i for one always want to see sheep/cows/ etc in my fields, i only ever eat free range/organic and ensure the quality of the animals life is first class, i buy fair trade other products wherever possible. A friend of mine once said i have decided to give up eating lamb and beef because i always want to see them in the fields when i am driving through the countryside?????? d'oh, doesnt work like that but hey its a personal choice and i like my chicken/bacon etc but i dont have it every day just part of a balanced diet. I do not like to feel hungry EVER or i make silly choices and am currently doing weight watchers along with Barbara as nothing is restricted and nothing is a sin if you count it in lol!

Well done to all of you on the exercise front, its so inspirational to hear from you all even if you only made a small walk you are committed to exercise EVERY day as part of a healthy lifestyle!! Exercise is the key for sure!!! How many of us have dogs?? I also have two RFL, terriers, they are diva's without a doubt, one is 11 now but she still runs with me every day, despite slowly and i would miss her terribly if and when she cant make it, but fingers crossed that wont be for a while yet. Interesting that we look after our pets like precious family in terms of nutrition etc and wouldnt dream of pouring alcohol down their necks, and yet we have done that to our own bodies in the past!!!!! Well have a good day all, off for my run and then a long luxurious shower with my new Clarins body scrub and shower gel, what a way to start the day! Onwards and upwards girls, lets kick this bad habit once and for all xxx
        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Blues Dancer;1126941 wrote: Congrats on week one Tip.

Welcome to the group BlondeAFamition. The more the merrier.

My exercise plan for the week is
          Mon- Interval Training
          Tues- Trampoline Aerobics and Blues Dance Practice
          Weds- Trampoline Aerobics
          Thurs- Trampoline Aerobics and Swing Dance Class
          Saturday- Ballet Barre
          And of course no AL and cutting back on sugar.
          :goodjob: love this plan! Great stuff x

Comment

Mia;1126728 wrote: This is where you all are. I get lost in this forum! Well of I go with all my new running out fit on. Day 12 AL free for me today. xxx You guys are all probably sound asleep over there sweet dreams! xxx

My new running shoes are hot pink yikes!!!
            well doe Mia, you minx x:h

Comment

Congradulations Keepwalking One week is something to be so proud of!!!! I am soooo proud of you and everyone else on this thread!!

Well I went for my run and my brand new hot pink running shoes were great they felt so light. My new sports bra held everything in, no bouncing, I think over the years I have developed what they call wine boobs and I am only a small frame. But I did buy a smaller size than I am, because they will shrink back to their normal size as no more wine!!! I over did it I have not been able to move much for the day I can hardly sit down my bottom is soooo sore!! Must of been my hot pink shoes.

Anyway hugs and kisses to everyone you all sound like such special people!

Day 13 tomorrow AF. What rhymes with thirteen? XXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Keepwalking, I forgot to mention, I have three dogs. I love them all so much Small, medium and large. Its is crazy to thinK how much AL we have poured down our own precious throats, would we do it to our dogs? Absolutely not!!! How crazy are we! But we have seen the light!! xxxxx

We do not Drink AL anymore. We all have got our swords out and chopped it up into tiny pieces then squashed it into the ground never ever to be seen again!!

Comment

Mia;1126956 wrote: Congradulations Keepwalking One week is something to be so proud of!!!! I am soooo proud of you and everyone else on this thread!!

Well I went for my run and my brand new hot pink running shoes were great they felt so light. My new sports bra held everything in, no bouncing, I think over the years I have developed what they call wine boobs and I am only a small frame. But I did buy a smaller size than I am, because they will shrink back to their normal size as no more wine!!! I over did it I have not been able to move much for the day I can hardly sit down my bottom is soooo sore!! Must of been my hot pink shoes.

Anyway hugs and kisses to everyone you all sound like such special people!

Day 13 tomorrow AF. What rhymes with thirteen? XXXXXXXXXXXX
                  THIRTEEN AND STILL SO KEEN or THIRTEEN AND GETTING LEAN, mind you , you will need a quote for all your teen days as there is no just no stopping you now!! Hot stuff, your butt will be fine mine was so sore getting used to the saddle but its peachy now ha ha xx Your doggies sound lovely, be lost without my girls x Have a good day and everyone else, we are catching you up Mia so don't slow down, mind you we havent got hot pink shoes !!

Comment

Hi all,
                    Day 6 & doing well. Am flying out the door to work & will get some exercise in later. Did a 4 mile run yesterday- will do 5 tomorrow. Survived the long weekend without AL & doing well there. Am struggling a bit with feeling sad but it is only 2 1/2 weeks since the miscarriage so I will have low days.
                    Am eating very well & otherwise doing great- my weight is getting to me as well but just need to keep going with everything.
                    Have a great day everyone- love reading what everyone is up to.
                    SJ x
                    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

All my three dogs are girls as well I would be lost as well without them. I am trying to put a picture of one of them where my name is like your picture fresh start, how do you do it?

Comment

Hello all you exercisers, canine lovers and weight watchers!! The only pet we have is a stray cat that has started hanging around the cottage. I can't let her in as I am really allergic to cat dander but I feed her. She hisses at me as she runs towards me.. 'double entendre'...

Mia, you are doing great now into your teens with non-drinking. I love reading your daily posts.
                        Keep Walking as usual you are a virtual bundle of inspiration and energy. Wouldn't it be great to meet up in a tea room one day and celebrate our sobriety. All of us... the whole No Wine No Junk Lots of Ex Thread. Those who have made it all possible.

Not ever drinking again. That's the latest thought floating around in my little mind. You know when you read of all the struggles of the people moderating around this forum it really hammers home that the price you have to pay for moderation is never really getting the beast off your back. It's there forever monitoring you, prodding you, bargaining with you over every drink. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Nothing is as much fun as sobriety.

I think that 'God', the Universe or some big cheese somewhere in the sky has given me a 'sign'. For three days in a row since I have been sober I have had the deepest, most intimate, most hilarious moments with those I love. Just awesome belly laughing, great conversations and wholesome fun. Why would I ever jeopardize that??

Day Seven I'm In Heaven... I think I stole that from our resident Poet, Mia... Oh by the way, lost three pounds and wearing my skinny jeans... ain't life grand.
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 6 AF & some chicks

It is a sunny evening in Ireland & I would normally be wondering if I could have a glass of wine before my DH gets home. Instead I am enjoying the sound of baby starlings as their mother lands in the nest with a big fat worm. Life is good. Not easy- but possibly better. Having this forum is really helping- usually just me & my thoughts- you can guess how that usually turns out.
                          Have just done some stretching & weights. Looking forward to a good run in the morning. I have 20+ pounds to shift- need to stick to everything especially the AF.

Thanks,:new:
                          SJ x
                          SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Good Morning all you sleeping sober beauties over there! How are you. All sober and happy and waking up in the morning with a new positive energy! How wonderful!!!

Well I cannot go for my run today with my new hot pink running shoes as I over did it yesterday I can hardly walk. Plus yuk weather so I am going to make a big pot of KITCHARI! So delicious and non fattening so good for you. Organic brown rice, channa daahl, crushed spices cumin, fenugreek, coriander,, tumeric , hing, cinnamon and so on. Plus organic vegetables. Completely vegetarian. Kitchari is an excellent food to aid recovery from illness, for strenghth and general health. They say by eating Kitchari for 21 days you can turn disease around into health. Plus it is so yum!!! There are lots of ways you can cook this I have my way but it has taken alot of goes to get it right.

Anyway Day 13 for me! xxxxxx

Comment

Good going, Fitness Friends. Today I played 18 holes of golf and biked 8 miles. Know most of you just felt so much better immediately after giving up AL. Me not so much. Part of that was not sleeping well, I'm sure. Happy to say today (9 days AF) seems to have turned that around. Felt I was more sociable out golfing and over lunch afterwards and thoroughly enjoying the moment. Many times I've been critical of how much women talk out on the golf course (I'm new so I have to concentrate). Think it may have had to do with having a headache!

Mia - wine boobs? Do you suppose I have them? I thought it was age! Easy to overdo running. Hot pink - love it! Stretch carefully what hurts.
                              SaraJane - it's ok to be sad. Makes your being AF even more admirable!
                              Tips - Yeah on the 3# loss! That's huge reinforcement you are on the right path.
                              Keeps - peachy bumm? I have to wear the diaper bike pants. They do make them a lot more stylish now tho. Thank goodness altho that does not stop me from wearing my old ones.

Well, off to find something to eat. Probably be Butternut Squash soup and slice of whole grain bread.
                              Keep up the good work!
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

KITCHARI! Mia do you have time to put the recipe in our recipe section. I would love to figure out what exactly it is and how to combine it with those lovely ingredients you describe...

I want to pick up some pretty new running shoes as I still wear the old reebok clunkers from 10 years ago.. Hot pink... hopefully we wont meet up at a party wearing the same hot pink running shoes....
                                And what are wine boobs..? Droopy are they?

Wine boobs and peachy bum .. just got a visual. I wonder if my Zumba class will give me a peachy bum...

Went to a rousing Zumba class tonight. Had so much fun. There's a bit of caution out there on the threads about drinking non-alc wine. I have been mixing it with the cherry juice to dilute the sweetness. I hope I am not doing myself any harm..

Have a wonderful night as we celebrate our milestones. Day 7 for me. Longest time ever.

Tips
                                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X