July = 10 days allowed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July = 10 days allowed!

Great post TMH, so impressed with your exercise WOW!!. We will achieve our goals, Im sure. Just back from zumba and i am aching too! So its an early night for me but will post again in the morning!

Day 7 - 2 drank, 8 to go xxxxxxxxx PS i have a pedometer, part of a nintendo DS game called active health challenge and it stays clipped on my waist band from the minute i get up to the minute i go to sleep! Tips check i hun, we miss you xx
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hey ladies,
      I would like to join this thread. I have been exercising like a demon for the past twelve weeks. I do a 45 min workout monday to thursday and moderate my drinking at the weekends.I have lost just over 8 pounds and have another 4 pounds to go. Then hello bikini body!!
      Exercise has been one of the key factors to keep me focused with AL. I love feeling awake. It cannot be beaten. But at the same time I love drinking socially too.
      This thread sounds just right for me. x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Big warm welcome rebirth, how have you lost the weight, by exercise alone or a eating plan, I am doing the clean and lean diet and since 1st June have lost 11 pounds, i too still want to loose def another 4 but 7 if i can! Bikini body sounds good and i am body brushing every day which is another of my new rules!! It will be great if we can get the balance right, enjoy a social drink but focus on health and fitness. Have you ever done the 30 days????

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi KW,
          I stopped drinking for five months and have been moderating for nearly eight months so far. I only allow myself to drink a certain amount on the weekend ( and I never allow myself to get drunk).

I am basically following a low calorie diet. I calculate what my body requires on a weekly basis and drop the calories by 3500 through a combination of eating less and exercise. Mondays to fridays I am strict with my food. I eat a maximum of 1300 calories and workout for roughly an hour per day. On the weekends I eat whatever I want, cake, pizza, chocolate etc. I also allow myself a bottle of wine per weekend. It's a slow weightloss but it works! I just lost another pound this morning!

So thats a total of 9 pounds in less than twelve weeks..and i am pigging out on the weekends. Yeehaw!!

As for the exercise I work out in my living room to fitness dvds. I mix strength training with cardio.
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Just to let you know KW that I use to attend AA meetings and was told that I was a functioning alcoholic. So this is a huge life change for me. It's wonderful!!

I want to embrace my forties feeling fit and good about myself. It's like I am learning to moderate in all aspects of life again.

We can do this girls! x
            Be strong-

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Yest I only got a 3 mile walk in end of day. At least I didn't blow it off. Did stuff around the house, then had to travel a bit for an eye dr appt. Driving home was a little uncomfortable with the bright sunshine and dialated eyes. And I am one who never complains about sunshine! Today I ran/walked 4.5 miles and did 10 min of yoga stretches for the legs. Felt good.

Welcome, rebirth! Told you I thought you would fit right in here.

TMH
              Day 7 Done, 2 Drank, 8 Remaining
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Evening MM's i am really enjoying my lime and soda and not drinking wine!! I am off shopping tomorrow to find the perfect dress and i am officially one stone lighter since the 1st of June xxx The clean and lean diet suits me really well, i never feel hungry , bloated or fed up, James duigan exercises are easy to follow and it gives me a boost every morning to do the 8 minute workout. I still have a little pot belly (wine belly) but just got his new book flat tummy fast so am working on that for the next few weeks!! Good news girls we are eating out with our friends tomorrow and i have offered to drive, think my hubbie thought i was crazy as i never do that, but i really dont want to drink this weekend. If i was as confident as you rebirth and able to control food and wine like you do i would feel in utopia so i am working towards that, only thing is when i pig out i feel rubbish! When i eat clean i feel great so will stick with that until i feel more confident about my abstinence. Went out on my bike tonight and can feel my body toning nicely, am stiff from toning class but like the feeling xx wonder were Tips is?? Tune in hun would be great to hear from you. So it is day 8, 2 days drunk and 8 to go ( if i use them). More tomorrow and thanks for sharing, wish i could run 4 mile TMH well done, i used to run 7 miles in my lunch hour until the bottle became more important!! Will get back to it with the support here! Think i will set some new rules/goals for next week i.e. drink 2 liters of water every day, think i am becoming a control freak!!! But at least my addiction is a healthy choice this time xx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Congratulations Keeps- 1 big stone yippee!!! Can you give me an idea of what you are eating each day? I am doing ok with Clean & Lean but am getting a bit hungry then eat a bit too much. I have the flat tummy book as well- it is very good but I need to concentrate on the first one.
                  TMH hope your eyes are ok. You are doing well with exercise.
                  Welcome Rebirth- you sound like you have a lovely sense of balance.
                  Must get to bed- will check in tomorrow.
                  Day 9 in July- 1 day drank- ? if any more.
                  SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Good job, Keeps. How many lbs is one stone? Like 10 or so? You sound happy. My runs are actually run/walks - walk for 5 min to warm up, then run for 2, walk 3, run 2, walk 3, very doable, breaks it up and is more fun than plain walks altho I am a fast walker and am noticing a diff in the backside with the hills around here - hills are our friend!
                    SJ - oh, eyes are fine, just were sensitive to light the rest of the afternoon, thanks though.
                    DH & I had fun last night and yes, we had a bottle of wine. Planned though & had our fav veggie DeLite pizza and no harm done. Had gone back up to 114+ and today down to 113.2 after eating 1/2 pizza. It's 1:20p, have not eaten yet today and have walked 2.5 miles and done 20 min of weight lifting, 120 situps, 10 donkey kicks, then stretching.

TMH
                    Day 8 Done, 3 days drank, 7 remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi girls, well i ended up not driving as we had to take my hubbies car as my son needed mine and his is an automatic which i am nt use to driving! So i had 4 glasses of wine and once again feel absolutely RUBBISH!! I used to be able to polish a bottle off and not feel any effects but now that my system is clean due to my diet the toxin is causing havoc!! I can hardly function today and i so wish i hadnt bothered! The good news is i got my dress for the graduation so am very happy about that! I am 136 pounds TMH and SJ will post tomorrow wabout what i eat as i would be physically sick if i talked about food now!! oh dear, wine is no longer my friend!!

DAY 10, 3 drank, 7 to go but dont think i wil bother!!

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

keep up the great work everyone! I found this really inspiring, and amazing:

UKC News - FRI NIGHT VID: Catherine Destivelle Climbing Solo in Mali
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

good morning mm,s, where the hec are you???? I am tip top this morning and fully recovered from Saturday night ugh ugh guh. How are you all doing??? SJ i am basically eating eggs for brek, fish and salad at lunch and meat and veg at night along with 2 snacks i.e. nuts or rice cakes or oat cakes, i did 2 weeks of weight watchers first as i think clean and lean is too rigid to go straight into, the 2 weeks tracking on ww but eating whatever i wanted as long as i counted it in got me in the right mind set to try clean and lean as because i had reduced my calorie intake over two weeks i have not felt hungary on the clean and lean plan, in fact apart from the sunday mroning hangover i have never felt better!! so am going to stick with it this week and my new goal is 9 7, i need to up the exercise but that wont happen until after the graduation as i am away this weekend and then travel straight down to london for the ceremony so have a lot on, but once i get back 20th july i break up for the summer for 6 weeks on 22nd as i work in a school and that 6 weeks are going to be my best ever in terms of fitness i plan to do something every single day but will post on that more next week when i am organized,! Check in girls, i miss you xx Have a great sober day sisters, more later xx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Ya, been wondering where everyone is too, thought thread died. Sun I W/R 2 mi, then played 18 holes of golf and again did enjoy couple beers out golfing and a bit of wine with dinner. Yest felt really tired so listened to body & did not w/o. This a.m. I W/R 3 miles (had upped running segment to half and today did one 5 min stretch of running) and then spent afternoon with friend with ALS. After lunch she, her service dog and I walked 2 miles.

Keeps - good, fast recovery after Sat nite.

TMH
                            Day 11 Done, 4 Days Drank, 6 remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

thanks TMH, yes Sunday was hell but been fine since! going out on my bike tonight after bust day at work but still eating clean and lean. TMH did you feel tired because of the few drinks?? I am away this weekend which will involve drinking but certainly not to excess just wine with dinner, i wont be able to post after friday night until tuesday night but i will report back then, so keep this going, where is rebirth and sarah jane?? Have to say think i felt better in June when i want bothering at all, but will make up my mind at the end of the month. Have a good day mauve modders and Tips if your out there hope you are Ok??

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

ps: DAY 13, 3 drank, 7 to go x

Comment

Working...
                                X