Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi MM's,
    Am doing fine but feeling very sluggish- have been eating WAY too much sugar. Have stopped again today & trying to be Clean & hopefully get Lean!
    Have no more occassions when I plan to drink this month. Am concentrating on health & fitness- the scales are not shifting because of the sugar.
    I have also been too busy with work & kids to exercise- but am planning an going for a 4 mile run tonight to put me back on track.
    Hope you are all good.
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Experiencing heat advisory warnings - went with 3 gfs for a Run/Walk and I ended up getting in a bit of trouble Did not carry water as all my water belts are already moved to FL. Also, am no longer used to hills and we climbed a pretty big ski hill and I got terribly faint. Had to sit down. GF had some Gatorade so between that and my inhaler (or as you Brits call it "puffer") was able to finish = 5 miles. I hadn't eaten anything either.

SJ - having belonged to run clubs, etc. there were a fair amt of recovering alcoholics and I always noticed they seemed to have a big sweet tooth. A good thing is they replaced one bad habit with a good habit but often ended up craving sugar. What I'm saying is - not unusual at all!

Haven't weighed for a few days as Sunday had a Reuben for dinner (high salt) and know that affects my wt big time. I'm sure with the heat & humidity & playing golf in it all afternoon, my bod was craving the salt. Sure I got rid of some that weight today.

I have 2 planned events where I'll have some wine, one this Sat. as friends have invited us over, big doings here complete with fireworks which we'll be able to see from their balcony, and one on Wed, 7/27 which is dh retirement party. I'll more than likely use up my other 2 days somewhere.

TMH
      18 Days Done, 6 Drank, 4 Remaining
      Goal - 21 Days AF; 12 Done
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi all,
        The past two weeks have been full of birthday parties and other triggers to overeat and overdrink. I managed the drinking very well but I ate way too much. I still exercised when I could but not as much as I should have.

Anyway I am not giving in so today I kick butt and did a hardcore workout. I have also eaten very healthily today. It's about staying consistent right guys?
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Just weighed myself this morning and I have put on 2lbs. I guess it's not too bad considering I kept to my diet only three days out of eleven.

Anyway. Another new day so healthy eating is the plan. Then another workout later today. I love exercising. I always feel amazing afterwards!
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Serious packing to do today; will take time to do an indoor w/o, lift some wts, and maybe even relax around pool for a bit. Weighed today, surprisingly good, just .2# above last time and less than 1# from goal. Didn't eat a lot yest so already have had a hb egg and banana w/p.b.

TMH
            19 Days Done, 6 Drank, 4 Remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hello Pinksters and New Ladies, hope everyone is meeting their goals. I see that this thread has remained active and am so glad to see it. I have been doing pretty well but not able to proudly state that I have had any sort of success in counting days and holding back. All this to say a few of you have found me on other threads and asked me post here and with tail between my legs, here I am. Trying to abstain yet again for thirty days...

Despite the above Life is Great besides the government auditing us... Yikes.. that's another story but running your own business is not the most economical move these days in our fine country (Canada). It seems that they get you any way they can. Not causing enough stress to over-do the drinking but it's no fun.

Anyways, everyone have a groovy day and I'll check in later!!

Tips :0)
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

How good to 'see' you Tips!!! You are so very, very welcome here, please believe that. We're all at different stages with same goal to try and do better.

Our tremendous heat wave is history. Went out for a 3+ mile Walk/Run this a.m. and completed my 20-30 min upper body & situps routine. Not my fav thing but am seeing much better UB definition and torso is feeling stronger. Hope it helps me in golf tomorrow. :thumbsup

Keeps - how was your trip?

TMH
                20 Days Done, 6 Drank, 4 Remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi girls,
                  Tips so good to hear from you. No need for a tail between the legs, this is your journey & you will get to where you want to be. Don't be too hard on yourself. You probably need to decide what goals you have around AL- but then so do I! I keep going from AF to mod- really need a clear plan.
                  TMH your heat wave sounds a bit mad. Where I live we are having a very cool summer. Stay cool.
                  Keeps- your 4 days camping must be up- looking forward to hearing how it went.
                  Rebirth- you sound very comfortable with where you are at.
                  I have drunk a total of 4 nights mod this month & have no more plans to drink this week- need to keep the AL way down & concentrate on health & fitness.

Must fly- catch up later.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hey ladies,

I am starting to get a very sharp pain below my right heel. I noticed it a few weeks back but now it's stronger. How annoying!
                    Anyone got any tips on this problem? It wont stop me from exercising. x
                    Be strong-

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Rebirth - sounds like plantar faciaitis (sp). Try rolling your foot over a tennis ball or golf ball several times a day. If it is plantar it will hurt but feel good at the same time. Many times you will notice it more upon getting up in the a.m. HTH.

Can happen to anybody but just as an aside be sure you have good sturdy shoes to exercise in, good pair of running shoes or aerobic type shoes, nothing flimsy. Don't mean to be on a soapbox but I've been running since 1980 so know how important that aspect is.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

hi gang and sorry for delay. i had am amazing time in Dublin and my sons graduation was an occasion never ever to forget!! I was so proud and we all had an amazing family time, very precious memories x however i came home to find my eldest doggie (11) was very under the weather, she has not been well for a while but the vet just kept giving her antibiotics and although she would perk up for a couple of days she would sink again and appear very depressed and listless. The new vet scanned her and found a inoperable aggressive tumor along with secondaries in her lungs!!!! He injected her with steroids so that she would be comfortable to bring home whilst we as a family came to terms with saying goodbye, my heart is broken girls and yes i have had a glass of wine to take the edge away but i have not drunk to excess as she needs me right now just as i need her, (gulp) it is my last day in school tomorrow for 6 weeks and usually i am as high as a kite but tonight my heart is heavy and my tears fall as i look into her devoted brown eyes that have been my pillar of strength for the past 11 years, i still have her daughter and will treasure her, but its so hard to let her go but i will do whats best for her. drink is low on my agenda right now and i wonder why i gave so much time thinking about it, partaking in it, analyzing it etc when actually whats important in your life is right in front of your eyes but you fail to see it when you drink. Give me a virtual hug my friends i feel raw tonight and wine will not fix it. xxx take care and love those around you whilst you can xxxx
                        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

My heart goes out to you Keeps. Sending you love.
                          Blues
                          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Keeps I am so sorry about your beloved dog. Take care of yourself- you are so right with what you say about realising what is important in our lives.
                            Enjoy your last treasured moments with your trusted friend. It is a heartbreaking time, just mind yourself.
                            SJxxx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Keeps - :huggy am also so sorry about your dog. Yes, something like that puts things in a different perspective, doesn't it?

Exercise for me yest was just the 18 holes of golf, in the 90's and quite still so it was certainly a workout. Charity function so dropped a bit of change but was lots of fun. Worked my plan, did drink but 2 beers over a period off 11 hrs and 2 meals. Dh drank a little more than moi, not a lot, could have driven but since I was 'designated' I got to. And when we got home it was right to the shower & bedtime, no nightcap :wd:

TMH
                              22 Days Done; 7 Drank; 3 Remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Keepwalking I have 3 dogs and they are my world. So myself and my 3 dogs included are sending you hugs and kisses and love and lots and lots of doggy licks! :l :h

Comment

Working...
                                X