Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF July, No Junk, Lots of Exercise

Blues, you said it!!!!
    A fitness instructor would be perfect for you. Get a plan NOW!!!
    How are you going to tackle this? Write it out, then do it. I went back to college after 20 yrs. and earned a Bachelor's Degree in my early 40's. You can do this!
    Daisy where are you? How is it going?
    SJ, just keep moving forward. I remember your very first post, and you have come a long, long way. You'll do it, jeez it took me almost a decade of Day 1's before I found this site.
    Mia, I know you're out there on day 58. Keeps, R4L where are you guys?
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

HI everyone! :l I have been working and working not enough time to come here and spread all the love and happiness :l :h : I have missed everyone!!

So, I am still being LAZY and addicted to sugar! But I would rather that than that other POISON!

I have not much news just working BUT DAY 60 tomorrow AF OMG :nutso: never thought I would get there again! I feel so good again. I really feel happy within myself. I am so proud of me! I have to go now as I have friends coming over for dinner and it is AF night for all of us. They do not even drink I was always the one holding the bottle. I use to think they were rather boring people how things change they are actually very intelligent and intresting people. :H

Come to my 60th AF party tomorrow, CARROT CAKE for everyone!! I will make it without sugar ok?

GO THE BEAUTIFUL PINKSTERS!

Comment

Scary moment

Hi Pinksters,
        Day 2 for me and feeling so much better than yesterday. It is so inspirational to see well you pinksters are doing with AL.

I had a very scary moment yesterday which is still causing me to shudder. I was driving home from the city with my 10 year old daughter & I was very tired, as I hadn't slept much at all the night before due to AL. I was driving around a very long bend when I realised I was going too fast & I very nearly lost control of the car. I managed to slow down & stay in control but thought my heart would burst it was beating so fast. I don't know how many more messages or near misses I need to decide to stop AL for good. Think that one has done it for me- every time I look at my daughter today it reminds me how precious life is & what destruction AL can cause.

Mia 60 days is fantastic!!! Carrot cake party time! I might just have the carrot! :h

Barbara thanks for the encouraging works- yes I have come along way but not there yet. Lots done, more to do.

Hope all the other pinksters are doing great. Catch up later- am off to the pool now with my daughter & my clear head.
        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Folks:
          I am still here and still battling the demons. I plan to go for a 12km run in the next hour. I missed my morning group run due to the wine I had the night before. We were celebrating my son's 25th Birthday and I caved. It helped me tolerate my Mother in Law! Things are still not great in the marriage department. Lots of apolgies from hubby but I can hardly think about it so just coping. AL makes it worse so I have made a committment to try my best to stay away from it. I miss the good mornings with no hangovers. Congrats Mia on 60 days. I am jealous. Oh well, I shall get there. I have done it before. You are all doing great. Let's keep this support for each other going through August.
          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

RFL I am so pleased you are still here. I hope you got out for your run. I can't run when I have been drinking- cant do much at all really. You certainly have lots of reasons to drink- but maybe you could use those same reasons not to drink and really respect & honour yourself. And it is worth it just for the good mornings as you say. You have done it before & can do it now. I agree- lets keep this support through August.

Am on Day 4 now for the 4th & hopefully last time. Would be nice not to count but would love to get to 30 & then hopefully would just forget about AL altogether!
            Have finally lost 2 pounds on my low carb diet (Atkins- thanks DG for reminding me- did it before but didn't work because I kept on drinking) for nearly a week. Still have 20 more to go but great to see the scales move. AL has continually sabotaged my weight loss for years. But just being AF isn't enough- didn't lose any weight at all as too much sugar.

Back to the sunshine. Hope you are all doing ok. Daisy how are you doing?

And if any of Keepwalkings buddies are here- she is having a very hard time as her beloved 11 year old dog is dying, just in case any of you didn't know.

Happy Tuesday all.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters.
              Mia- congrats on 60 days!!!
              I'm doing great. I've really stuck with my fitness routine. I havn't stuck to giving up sugar but I have greatly reduced my intake. My scale is barely inching downward, but my jeans are falling off. My goal for today is 45 min of cardio and 45 min of gentle yoga. I'm pretty beat up from aerial acrobatics again, but I'm pushing on.
              Still AL free and really loving it. My nephew just arrived from the UK for a five week holiday. He's a bright ray of sunshine in my world. He just turned 14 and has definately made the cross from sweet young boy into teenager zone. This may be the last summer he wants to spend with the "grown ups" so I'm going to make the best of it. I don't want to waste one minute on AL. Thankfully, the cravings have waned to a mere whisper and only sporadically. Three of my friends who are trying to get sober fell off the wagon on Sunday. Normally, I would have thrown in the towel and joined them, not this time. I'm glad I didn't because hanging upside down,spinning, on a Lyra in the heat with a hangover would not have been fun at all.
              Happy fit and fabulous Tuesday, Pinksters. Hope everyone is doing well.
              Blues
              AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
                Mia I am so inspired by your 60 days. I am aiming for 30 to start with.
                Blues you sound fantastic- and so fit & healthy. You seem to have totally transformed over the last few weeks- you can feel the energy from your posts.
                Doing well on my low carb diet, no cravings for anything so far. Day 5 for me AF today & doing well so far. Am just reading Jason Vales book- love what I have read so far. Hoping it will be the icing on my 'I don't drink anymore' cake.
                Have a great Tuesday everyone- am off to do a strength session & then to the beach with my daughter.

Comment

Good morning Pinksters.
                  SJ- it really does get easier the more AF time you get behind you. And great job sticking with your low carb diet. The link between sugars and alcohol in undeniable. I hope to kick my sugar addiction in the rear come August.
                  R4L- You've been through alot this month. I'm glad you keep coming back.
                  Barb- you must be busy. I miss your updates.
                  One month AF for me today (again). Boy, did that go by quickly. I learned a very good lesson from my relapse in June...don't get complacent!!! I'm sticking to everything I'm doing right now because that seems to be working for me. I didn't workout yesterday as planned. My body was exhausted. I spent the day relaxing and creating a "40 before 40" list. 40 things I want to do before I turn 40. I have 2 years and 4 months to complete the list. I'll post it here once I've tweaked it.
                  Well, Pinksters our month is coming to a close. I did not give up sugar as planned, but I stuck to everything else. I have more energy and a better overall attitude I hope we can carry on through August as this thread really holds me accountable to my sobriety and my health.
                  Happy Hump Day
                  Blues
                  AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
                    I would love to carry on through August as I am not planning to drink. Also need to step up the marathon training & blitz the fat by staying off sugar.

Blues you said it-'this thread holds me accountable to my sobriety & my health'. That makes two of us. Who else is on for a sober & healthy August? :wd:

Comment

Hi Pinksters,

I lost another long post, so just wanted to pop in and say hi. Day 67 AF for me.
                      I would love to join you guys for August. Let's do this!
                      The weight is starting to come off, but I still need to lose 15 lbs. Any advice is absolutely welcome.

Have a wonderful AF evening!
                      THOUGHTS become THINGS
                      choose the GOOD
                      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Today I took a zumba class and stuck with the healty eating plan. Thurs. Skyrobics and abs.
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
                          Barbara it is so frustrating to lose posts. Are you doing them in Quick Reply or Go Advanced? I find the first one is better for not losing them- if it doesn't post then I copy it & log in again.
                          But well done on 67 Days!!!
                          I have more than 15 pounds to lose so let make August a fat blitzing month. I have lost 3 pounds in the last weeks- followed DG's advice & started Atkins. Was on Clean & Lean, then added in a bit more fat because I was getting too hungry & craving sugar. Did Atkins in the past but kept sabotaging it with AL.
                          Am serious now & love this thread for the support. What has worked for you in the past?

Am Day 6 today & think am doing very well. Eating well, exercising lots & not really thinking about AL much. But I was the same last Thurs and on Fri night drank a bottle of wine & felt hideous the next day. So need to keep focused & plan my weekend AF. Have just been invited to a friends house on Sat night for drinks & not overly concerned- but will need to have a little chat to myself first. My friends love their wine, most of them are very sensible about it & some are just shocking. But they will have to get used to the AF me- if anyone says anything I am just going to say that I feel like drinking some fizzy water & change the subject.
                          Off to the beach now with my daughter- catch up later. Hope you are all having a magnificent Thursday.__________________

Comment

On my way to jazzercise. Will do some strength training this evening. I'll try to check in over the weekend, but I have my nephew and I'll be working.
                            SJ- Stay strong. You can make it through the weekend.
                            Happy Friday
                            Blues
                            AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

Here come Awesome August!

Thanks Blues am feeling very good again now. Friday night was no problem & I am going to a drinks party later & really looking forward to it AF. I have been to the same house for lots of parties before & have always battled not to drink too much as I was driving- always having half a glass more than was probably ok & then feeling so guilty later. I don't even care if anyone questions me not drinking. Where I live people will always have 1 or 2 glasses when they are driving so just saying that I am driving isn't a valid 'excuse' for not drinking. Which is stupid- any amount of AL affects your driving.
                              But I don't feel like I need an excuse. Will report back later.

My 17 year old son came home this morning after he stayed overnight at a friends house after finishing a course. They had a party on a boat in the evening. He got sick when he got home- his first & hopefully last hangover. He kept saying he only had a couple of beers. I asked him what a couple was - he said 3 or 4. He kept making excuses like something he ate or not eating enough. I felt sorry for him as he is such a good kid. But I sat him down & told him that he had 2 choices. He could spend the next 30 years trying to drink & have fun & trying hard not to 'over do it' going from one hangover to the next or he could not drink at all & have a fun, rewarding life. He was saying until quite recently that he never wanted to start drinking. I named a couple of men in their 20's & 30's that he knows well who don't drink & have great lives. He wants to achieve quite high sporting goals, he missed training this morning. He said he was never drinking again, I told him everyone says that but most of us make the mistake of thinking we can drink & will never feel bad from it. Will see how he gets on. He is actually the first person I have told that I am not drinking anymore.

Who's looking forward to an Awesome August??? :wd:

Comment

Good Morning Pinksters!

Wow, so good to hear everyone is doing well. R4L, I know how you feel, every time I lose a pet, I lose a little part of my heart. Thank goodness it grows back bigger for all of the challenges we have to face!

SJ, I have lost about 9 lbs. since I stopped 5/22. The weight came off so slowly, but I read that it takes about 6-8 weeks for it to really start kicking in. I'm on Weight Watchers, but it's on line with no sponsors. I have tweeked it to work for me. Lots of veggies, little bit of fruit. Protien, tons of salad. Tons of water, or seltzer or cranberry juice. This really flushes out the system. Lots of fiber.
                                Lean meats, and exercise.
                                I don't know WHY but I was sluggish up until about last week since 5/22. I would always do at least 3 miles on the elliptical, and I was walking around like a bent over old lady with no energy at all.
                                It really scared me, but someone told me it was detox. Holy S**t!!
                                So for whatever reason now I'm feeling more energetic. Lots of multi-vitamins, L-Glut-4500 mg. per day, Chromiun Picolinate, Milk thistle.
                                I had a horrible bout with sugar last week and drown myself in mint chocolate chip ice cream with hersheys chocolate syrup. I actually got up out of bed and drove to the store because the craving was that intense. I was so upset. It was like I was a puppet and had no control over it.
                                So, I read The Way Up Newsletter : Benefits of Amino Acid L-glutamine and upped the L-Glut and now, no cravings at all. Plus L-Glut helps in recovery after working out.
                                I'm getting together with an old flame next month and I want to lose at least 5 lbs. before I see him. Probably mid-August. So, I'm going to up the exercise, and stop eating around 7-7:30 each night.
                                Please help me do this!!! :upset: I'm on a mission!!
                                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                                choose the GOOD
                                ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X