Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irie;1161813 wrote: Good morning, you lovely ladies! I'm chuckling to myself as I post this, because I have a vague picture in my mind of what each of you look like (kind of like when you read a book, you know?). But I could walk by the lot of you standing together in a big group and never know it... Ha ha, odd ball thought. Long way of saying that for a bunch of women I've never met, you mean a lot to me.

This morning, it's you, Daisy, who is just pulling at my heart. A couple of days ago I really felt that I had probably thrown away one of my best tools to help myself break free from the vicious battle I'm waging with alcohol - my connection to this group. I just was afraid to get back on and post that I had been drinking when everyone else was doing so well. About the only thing I did right that first day was log on and confess. I can't tell you how much it meant, Keeps, when you basically told me to dust myself off and get started again.

I wasn't ready yet ... I drank for three more days, then I REALLY had to swallow my pride to log on again. It was the best thiing I ever did! I'm right back on track. Day two...day one in the dust. Keep working on it Daisy, keep coming back until you get back on a roll, too!

Okay, I have to hurry to get my exercise in. Long drive this morning before an out of town meeting. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    :goodjob: fabulous - keep going, just one day at a time!!! Oh, and I'm 5'10", 8 stone, legs to my armpits and sensationally stunning. Even more gorgeous than Angelina - keep that image of me!!!!! - I wish!!

Comment

daisy45;1161800 wrote: Glam and Keeps, thank you. Just wrote a long post and lost it!
      This past couple of weeks, especially, have been an eye-opener for me. There are a couple of people in my life whose motives I am now questioning Bigtime!
      Both these people, knowing I want to stay al-free bought me wine as a birthday gift. The first one, I felt strong, removed the wine from the bag and handed it to her; 3 days later, the next one arrived with another bottle; this time I was weak. I took the bottle, knowing I would get another one to follow it. The person who bought this has been off work for the Summer and is missing her drinking buddy. She said to my kids that she intended to buy wine and they informed her that I was off it. Her response was that I wouldnt be off it forever. That night, yes I started my 4 day spree, but even though she has asked me to come to hers for a drink, I refused. If I am messing up I certainly, even in my drunken state, will not give her the pleasure of my company....
      Please dont get me wrong; I am fully aware that noone can do this but me, and I had a choice! But, to watch others taking some kind of pleasure in my downfall because they need me in the shit to make them look good; another lesson learned and I will be distancing myself from them as much as possible.
      Sobriety is my goal; it is not anyone elses goal for me. My choice! This is what I want; I need to work harder at it.....
      Thank you all and good luck for this weekend!
      Well done Daisy. I feel so angry at your so called "friend" - isn't it just the way in life - someone will always try and sabotage our best endeavours to make them look good. A horrible streak in human nature - and you have seen through her - she handed you a loaded gun. Anyway, don't waste any negative energy on her - use all your wonderful, determined, positive energy on making sure you achieve YOUR goals. All for you and no one else. Think Keeps needs to be giving you an award for this one Daisy. :goodjob:
      Stay strong and determined. You can achieve anything you set your mind to.
      :groupluv:

Comment

:groupluv:OMG - think I have become addicted to this site. Catching up with all you wonderful ladies and realising we are all in the same boat and on very similar journeys.
        Keeps thank goodness for you keeping us strong and focussed, even after our skids and slips.
        Now must get to work and earn some pennies!
        Have a fabulous day all you fabulous PINKSTERS!
        x

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
          Was lots of cross posting going on last night!

I think I am Day 21 today. I think that is my longest AF time since I came here in June. Possibly my longest AF time in years when not pregnant.

Hi to everyone. I have to go now, am taking the kids to the pool. I am aiming for 40 laps, more than I have done for a long time.
          Happy Friday everyone.
          SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1643460=6326-attachment.jpg[/img]
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Wow, on the recent posts.....how do you girls lose so much weight so fast? That's incredible. What is CV?
              I have been very faithful to my lower body workouts, upper with weights, and the elliptical. I am now up to 2.25 miles and about 1300 cals. burned per workout.
              I have lost another lb., but geez nothing compared to you. I only eat about 1000-1200 cals. per day. Must be my age. 55.
              Not complaining though, I can see better muscle tone. Still any advice for dropping more quickly would be appreciated.
              I slacked off the L-Glut on day last week and had a sugar meltdown. The only thing I could find in my house 1/2 a large bar of 78% cocoa dark chocolate.
              You guessed it, I ate the whole thing, plus dipped it in peanut butter. :upset:

So for me, the L-Glut cannot be skipped. I take 5 grams (one rounded teaspoon) every day and no AL or sugar cravings.
              Unfortunately as an alkie I can't slack off on anything.
              Have to do the rituals everyday and think of it like being a diabetic if you don't take what you need for your situation, you're screwed.
              What a pain in the ass!
              THOUGHTS become THINGS
              choose the GOOD
              ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Here are a couple of pics from my aerial acrobatics classes. I've only been doing it for a month. The classes have been a driving force in my sobriety. I was never a gymnast or a dancer so I struggle more then the others in the class. I can't even imagine attempting the classes with a hangover. I love aerials more then alcohol. I'm a little stronger every week. Thanks to this thread I'm AF and I'm making a dream true. I have no desire to drink anymore. I can't believe I even let the nasty poison into my life. I've come a very long way since I started this journey in May.
                Blues

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1643637=6327-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1643637=6326-attachment.jpg[/img]
                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

I finally had a chance to read through everyone's posts. Wow. What a great group of amazing ladies!!
                  Keeps- Pls don't stop with the whip cracking. It makes me laugh and it keeps me motivated.
                  SJ- Congrats on your 21 days. You've been with the Pinksters almost since we started a few months back. You're doing great. I remeber when you first came to the thread. You're getting stronger.
                  Glam- I love reading your posts. You're a great cheerleader!!!
                  Irie and Daisy- Im glad you both came back ans started over. I had a relapse in June and was devestated, but it made me stronger for my second attempt. Now my old life seems like s distant memory.
                  Some of us will have slips a long the way. It's part of recovery. The important thing is to keep coming back no matter what. This is a safe place and noone should ever feel embarassed. We've all been there.
                  I know I'm missing a couple of you but keep up the good work!! I'm attacking kettle bells today. Not my favorite, but I need to start working on some strength training.
                  Good Night Pinksters.
                  Blues
                  AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

OMG Blues - that looks absolutely "awesome" (I don't usually use that word as it is thrown about so often - but that really is awesome!)
                    Think I would get totally motion sick doing that"!! Fabulous -
                    imagine doing that with a hangover - I'd be retching!!!
                    Barbara, you are doing fab too. I was 50 last December so not too far behind you - though my alkie genes have given me youthful genes too (thank God for something)
                    CV - is cardiovascular, any exercise that gets your heart rate up and strengthening your heart muscle. Can be anything from walking, to cycling, to rowing, swimming etc. Weight bearing exercise (ie on your feet) is really good as it strengthens bones and helps prevent osteoporosis (brittle bones)
                    My weight is an ongoing issue. Started my first slimming class at 12 and have dieted on and on and off ever since. I'm doing a meal replacement diet at the moment just to give me a quick boost for my trip to Spain next week. I don't advocate them really, except for a short, sharp loss. When I get back am going to start my 12 week transformation with diet, exercise and of course AF - with my pal SJ!
                    Spent 4 hours doing a speed awareness course yesterday, driving 35mph in a 30 area. Took me over an hour each way and came home exhausted - no exercise for me yesterday Keeps -
                    and little chance today as off on a family reunion. All AF of course! Will have to be doubly active next week.
                    Have a fab weekend all you fab PINKSTERS
                    mwaah
                    xx

Comment

PinkStars

I am having trouble posting today so will be quick, just wanted to check in.

Blues I LOVE those photos- it looks totally amazing. Is that you? I cant believe the change in you over the last couple of months- you rock! mg
                      Glam- you are doing such an awesome job with everything in your life. And there are worse things to be addicted to than this site!!!
                      Barbara- you are losing weight steadily. I haven't lost more than a pound for weeks- am hoping to shift lots soon. I am starting a 12 week body transformation course on Monday-can't wait to get cracking with it. I will keep you posted as I shrink!:nutso:
                      Keeps- I agree with the others- we don't want you to put the whip away- keep on cracking it.
                      Daisy- how is your weekend going?
                      R4L- how are you doing, we are missing you here.
                      Mia- how is our Australian wonder woman doing? Don't know if I told you that I am Australian- came to Ireland for a year 12 years ago!
                      Irie- hope things are going smoothly for you now.
                      Hi to everyone else.

I was out last night for a family meal & was happy enough drinking water. We went to the same place 2 years ago & I had lots of wine which affected me more than usual. I went to pay before we left, then decided to go to the toilet. The next day I couldn't remember if I paid or not. I had to ring them & ask, made some silly excuse for not remembering. They said they would look into it & get back to me- they never did. So I still don't know! Had forgotten about it until we were there last night-made me grateful that I wasn't drinking anymore. I happily paid the bill & left a good tip. Much cheaper without wine. My husband didn't have any wine either- said he wouldn't bother & felt more like drinking water.
                      Now my neighbour has invited us to dinner tonight. They are big drinkers & have no idea that I am not drinking. I had my last drink in their house 3 weeks ago, they nearly crashed the car the next day. I might use my marathon training as an excuse as I am feeling a bit flat today & not in the mood for questions. There are lots of people who I have no problem telling that I don't drink anymore- but there are some people that could unhinge me a bit. I used to use AL 'to get in the mood' when I wasn't- struggling a bit with that now as I am a social person & don't want to turn into a hermit because I am not drinking. But would rather go to bed! Does anyone else feel like that now that you are not drinking? A few weeks ago I felt much the same & went to bed instead of a party, but then couldn't sleep & felt like I had missed out on something.
                      So much for a quick post!
                      :h
                      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

HI all, I've had a good day today. Going to cook a fabulous dinner and then hit the gym once it digests. I haven't been to my gym in over a month, which is really sad because I used to go every day. But I'm changing my habits back to what they were in my previous AF time. I feel so much better, in control and less insecure about trivial things.

Ok, I have a sirloin steak to cook!
                        Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Hey SJ,

I know how you feel. I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately and not sure how to handle it.
                          I am single (divorced) and recently thought I might try joining some dating sites.

Well, in my profile I listed that I don't drink. I have not had one inquiry. This feels awful. Not sure how to handle this. I feel like I should be happy and ready to date again, now this.

When do we ever catch a break? Feeling really down.
                          THOUGHTS become THINGS
                          choose the GOOD
                          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Good Morning my fabulous pinksters, thank you all so much for your kind words i really appreciate it and i have dusted off the whip and will study the posts later to determine who needs a good butt lashing and who needs an award!!! SJ i do very often feel like you, i am finding myself avoiding things that i used to jump straight into and like you i am a social animal so i dont think that is good. I prefer to come to bed early with sleepy tea thinking another day under my belt but i know that cannot be a long term plan as we have a life to live not avoid but i want to feel stronger round the vino as its so easy to fall, as we all know! Mia where are you, you may be posting elsewhere but i am missing your daily chant and poetry?? Everyone else i will log back in tonight and give proper comment on your wonderful posts, Glam your a star and obviously an expert in the health and fitness field, so glad you want to get back to your former glory!, you must do it xxxx Its great to see Irie and TW getting back into exercise xx Right i am off for a run then Jillian stevens dvd (ouch) shower and then friends coming for lunch, i am chilling some wine for them which is why i have to do the exercise first to make me feel tip top and not be tempted, wish me luck, more later, I;ll be back xx
                            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Hiya all! Where is everyone?
                              Take it from the lack of posts everyone is too busy exercising?

SJ - I know what you mean about partying and alcohol - but have to say that at the Ruby Wedding yesterday I was so proud of myself not drinking - even when my hubby asked me to try the dreadful white wine and grotty sparkling (? why would I?) then to try the fab red - er no!!
                              Had to drive home in the pitch black across Yorkshire moors on twisty, windy roads - which I would have done even after a couple (or three) glasses of wine.
                              Met a cousin of my hubby who I haven't seen in 25 years and he reminded me of a party at his house when I ended up fast asleep on his lounge floor with my legs akimbo! (I still blush at the thought now.) He was winding me up that he has it all on video and I was mortified. My hubby put me out of my misery this morning and told me it was a wind up!
                              Jumped on the scales and have lost another pound, with a week still to go before Spain am still hopefull for another 3 or 4 lbs loss.
                              Have to say, I am feeling so wonderful and proud of myself being AF - just don't know now what I am going to do in Spain. I will be the only driver so at worst will MOD - though am thinking that AF would be a very good move. Need to be AF till Sunday to match my 24 days in June/July
                              Will try very hard with the exercise this week too Keeps - then I'll be in with the awards and not the whip!!!
                              Keep up the good work PINKSTERS

Glam
                              xx

Comment

I didn't end up going to the gym last night, so feel free to give me a thrashing, keeps, but I get points for going this morning! Did a half hour on the treadmill, walking, but on an incline, 5 minutes on the elliptical, and 20 minutes on the bike. Nothing close to what I used to do, but it's a start back. I had given up going in the past couple of months or so because what was the point? I'd be motivated and go for a couple of days, then go on a binge for several days and stop going. It became so defeating that I just quit. Now all I have to do is make it the habit it used to be.
                                Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                                X