• Show
Clear All

Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Wow Blues,

Guests for 9 weeks? :egad:
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Barbara 90 days yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
      Great news on the changing body- do we get to see a picture of you in the bathing suit???

Blues you have been a busy girl.

R4L well done on Day 3. I know things are tough for you. I hope that guy you found is ok.

Hi to everyone else. I am 30 days on Sunday-going to celebrate with an 8 mile run & a lovely day out with my family.

Must fly- catch up later.
      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hya peeps...still no internet...visiting family and at sisters...BUT...have been running (kinda) every other day...slowly but steadily....at gym whenever am home and on my sisters treadmill...aiming to do 500 cals each time...21 days AL (OMG!!!!)...and down from 10 st 3lb to 9 st 7lb and my bmi was 24 and now 23...have pink earphones now too...
        feels good!!!
        Think of you often and looking forward to being able to chat again soon...
        Well done to you all xx
        ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

I'm headed off to the gym now (didn't go yesterday, feel free to whip Keeps!), but Barbara, I'm 55 too! I won't be ready to post a bathing suit picture for quite a long time, but if you do it, I'll do it. Some day! Happy day to all the rest - gotta go or I won't get there at all!
          Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

hiya Pinksters
            what a fantastic bunch!
            Off to Spain tomorrow, yipee -
            then back to my total body transformation.
            Another 24 days AF achieved so feeling very proud.
            Am going mod on holiday then going AF for the 12 weeks minimum.
            See you in September
            Glam
            xxxx

Comment

Reporting in Keeps, Burned another 500 calories on the treadmill. I added some jogging (slow -- 4.5 mph) but it felt good and I want to really start working the aerobic capacity. Also did some good, strenuous incline walking. Plan to try to get there today and tomorrow too.

Comment

QB 21 days OMG! OMG! OMG! You have come so far lately, losing weight & getting fit. BMI of 23-I am jealous! (Mine is still around 28 which is way too high, especially with high blood pressure & cholesterol. But we are all magnificent creatures who are improving & blossoming by the day so I will carry on.)

TW you are going to wear that treadmill out! Excellent work.

Glam- have a very well deserved break & enjoy lovely healing sunshine.

Keeps where are you today? Daisy I would love to hear from hear from you. And Tips- come back & say hi please.

Back to homemade pizzas- mine is the very thin slices with only a sprinkle of cheese, lots of roasted veg & a lovely big side salad.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Pinksters,

Went shopping today to find some new shorts or work out gear to kayak in tomorrow. All I can say is that I looked in the mirror, then went home.
                  Why do I look so different in the mirrors in the store than I look at home? Must have something to do with lighting. :no!: :damn:

Back to the elliptical......
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Barbara, It's absolutely the lighting. And those mirrors are made to be non-flattering, honest.

Did a short (half hour) workout on the treadmill, but incorporated more jogging. Feels better every day. Sure hope I do wear out that treadmill!
                    I did manage to get into a pair of walking shorts that haven't fit me well before! Yippee!

Comment

You're sweet tonstantweader!
                      THOUGHTS become THINGS
                      choose the GOOD
                      ones!

Comment

sunday august 21 - 21 days for me

SarahJane;1166293 wrote: QB 21 days OMG! OMG! OMG! You have come so far lately, losing weight & getting fit. BMI of 23-I am jealous! (Mine is still around 28 which is way too high, especially with high blood pressure & cholesterol. But we are all magnificent creatures who are improving & blossoming by the day so I will carry on.)

TW you are going to wear that treadmill out! Excellent work.

Glam- have a very well deserved break & enjoy lovely healing sunshine.

Keeps where are you today? Daisy I would love to hear from hear from you. And Tips- come back & say hi please.

Back to homemade pizzas- mine is the very thin slices with only a sprinkle of cheese, lots of roasted veg & a lovely big side salad.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
                        Hello all you fab pinksters, SJ you always sum everyone progress up really well and i totally agree with all you have said above. Yes missing Daisy? and Irie??? and hoping Blues is now in a better frame of mind! TW fab progress on the exercise front and yes QB 23 bmi fab! Not sure what mine is but will check it out! Glam have a brill holiday, i am off on Tuesday so will check in here before i go and like you will be back ready to join you new thread on the 1st September but again will check in here on return on 30th august to make sure no one needs a whipping!!!!!! Keep it going ladies, i am off to body pump, i love my body feeling toned again, its an amazing feeling and worth every ounce of sweat and pain!! Enjoy your Sunday and Barb yes the mirrors are def designed different to home so always go with how you look at home xxxxx
                        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Barbara I always buy what I think will be ok & try it on at home- changerooms are evil!

Keeps enjoy packing for that lovely holiday.

Am just packing up a delicious picnic for a big family day out, after doing my 8 mile run this morning to celebrate my 30 days!
                          You are all doing great, will catch up properly later. Yes Keeps, where is Irie?

Must fly- have a fab Sunday everyone.

Comment

Hi All, I've enjoyed reading your great comments and goals! I'm on Day 4 and will be joining you. Ideally I'd like to lose 34 lbs., but for the time being I'm aiming at 14 pounds, and will set another goal then. My mini goal is 7 lbs, which sounds a lot better than 34! Now that I'm back on the wagon, I am looking forward to doing my own routine. My plan:
                            Stick with my nutritional plan that worked once before
                            At least 30 min cardio/day, more is a bonus
                            Weights at least 3x/week
                            Get to at least one Weight Watchers meeting a week and weigh in (tomorrow!)
                            Replace vino with mostly water or no/lo-cal bevs
                            Check in here daily
                            Go with bike group Tuesdays

I'd like to do a lot more than this, like join the running club and try new classes like Zumba dance. But for now, I know if I do this I'll lose at a steady an reasonable rate. Can't yet run comfortably as there's still too much "front floppage," but that's always been a good activity. 10 more lbs. and I can prolly add that. Happy Sunday all!

Comment

Welcome here Crimsons, great bunch of fab women here working on our fitness & waistlines by being AF & getting sweaty. Great goals.

All good here very busy with the kids last week of summer hols. Am sticking to my reduced cal diet- realise I was eating way too much. Not quite down to 1200 cals a day as I was too hungry especially after running, but very healthy. Have lost 2 pounds in the last week so I am on the right track.

Had a lovely family day yesterday with the in-laws. When dinner was being served everyone was having wine I poured my fizzy water quietly & my brother-in-law asked why I wasn't having wine. I just said I wasn't drinking. Another one heard & then the entire lot of them were at me for not drinking- I kept my cool & said I was working on getting really healthy & wine was getting in my way. I said I felt much better, was sleeping better & able to do more exercise. Decided not to mention the fact that I was having a huge battle with AL for 10 years & it was ruining my life- don't want them all talking about my 'drink problem'. They were all a bit defensive & one sis-in-law asked how I could enjoy a meal without it? I just said that if the food tastes nice & I have nice company then I will enjoy it. None of them drink much, they don't even finish a glass with dinner. They really have no idea but I wasn't going to spell it out to them. I remember when a friend stopped drinking years ago that I felt so sorry for her as she 'couldn't' drink anymore because she was addicted to it. So I will leave them in their blissful ignorance- they are lovely people. Later when I refused desert they thought I had really lost the plot! Then one of them said as I was leaving that - I was very determined & strong with my new healthy habits & she envied me!

Have a lovely healthy Monday everyone.

Comment

Hi ladies,
                                Didn't have much time at the gym yesterday, but I did some upper body strength training, six minutes on the elliptical (don't laugh; that elliptical is evil!) and two miles on the stationary bike. Felt good at least getting something in.
                                Glad you found your way here Crimsons. Keeps's whip keeps us all in line!

Comment

Working...
                                X