Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again girls. well body pump nearly killed me!! Forgot to mention Winesucks that I have always used New Balance running shoes but just recently ( when we formed the pinksters) bought some new Nike ones, see the pic, I love them, so spongey and great for running especially when going dark as luminous. They are called Nike lunar swift, they have foam in the bottom so apparently sculpt your foot! Well done everyone else, QB who have a busy few days ahead, we will allow the lack of exercise but under no cirumstances the evil liquid wine, you will receive a group butt kick if you do!! lol x , great advice from Irie! Yes you are right we are just getting started!!!!!
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Good morning Pinksters... bee-bopped on the mini trampoline for a little longer than usual this morning as I was avoiding any reprisals from here... I REALLY felt great this morning with my liver not doing double time to push the booze through. When I really think about it the only thing that the wine gives me that other N/A drinks can't is the dizzy, lazy feeling after a few and the fuzzy, dry mouth feeling in the morning. Why would someone go out of their way to pay for that?

Keep at it Mia, you work horse. You are quite the resiliant little trooper aren't cha??
      Keeps, Body Pump is so invigorating, isn't it. I loved it when I was at Good Life. Now I do weights while jumping.. it looks like a Native Dance ... crunched over, lifting the arms awkwardly with the weights; I feel like chanting... actually as I bounce I do chant.. I .. DON'T .. DRINK..I .. DON'T .. DRINK..I .. DON'T .. DRINK..

Irie, do you get up at 5:00 a.m regularily? You're right it's great to get the exercise out of the way first thing.

Queenbug, you are so busy running around with the kids; good for you for attempting to get in some "Me" time cos that's what exercise is.. time for you to work on being a stronger version of yourself.

Have a good one... no drinks for this Pinkster tonight.

Tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 11 & doing ok

Hi Pinksters,
        Just a quick check in. Too busy working today, not done yet. Just home for an hour to make dinner & do a quick bit of exercise. Feeling a bit flat today, just hormones I expect.
        Have decided to approach sugar like alcohol- can't touch it at all. No such thing as 1 square of chocolate. Will be a couple of days before I get the L-Glut, my local town doesn't have it. When I had the craving today I ate a peach & that did the trick. Just have to not give myself permission to have any sugar.
        Have eaten well today. Made my oat, cottage cheese, egg & strawberry pancake for brekky. Had a wholemeal wrap with chicken & salad for lunch. Some chicken & a peach for afternoon snack. Just about to have salmon & salad for dinner. Lots of water & some redbush tea.
        Will catch up properly with everyone tomorrow.
        Glam where are you hiding?
        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Quick check in. I overslept this morning and missed going to the gym. I've just picked my mother up from the airport so we now have a full house. We're off to the roller rink so I can get some exercise and spend some quality time with the family at the same time. Tonight we will zumba on the wii. Tommorow I have 2 hours of aerial acrobatics classes and then we will stay at the lake for a day or two. I have swim goggels and a kickboard so I usually do about an hour of open swimming. I feel terrible today. I think it's because I havn't had any exercise yet. I'm off to the roller rink.
          Good Job everyone.
          Keeps- I will post my plan ASAP. I promise.

Blues
          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hey Pinksters.....hope everyone is having a great evening. Keeps....I love the shoes. They look like the same ones that I was looking at this weekend. Well, I blew it yesterday (but I ate well and no AL) so I started off with 20 minutes of cardio today and then circuit weights. Tomorrow, I'll run. I'm back on schedule.

I had a TERRIBLE time today with wanting wine....Day No. 14 and I didn't cave it but it was rough. Honestly, thank God for the support on MWO....all of the posts that we've written kept going through my head, along with the fact that tomorrow, I will be 1/2 way to 30 days....I was able to get through it.

I'll check back tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how far I can run.

Comment

Good for you WS! Whoohooo! What a milestone to hit the two week mark, and especially momentous since it was a struggle. That is just tremendous. Now when you wake up in the morning, your first thought will be "I'm half-way to my one month goal", instead of "I blew it! I'm on day one again!"
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Well done WS. It really does get easier as time goes on.
                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Pinks:
                  Had a wonderful run today. It was sunny and warm and I felt great. We have not had enough sunny weather here this summer so I am relishing it. It is very healing. I am really trying to concentrate on catching up on all my paper work so will put my nose to the grindstone tomorrow, then will run hills in the evening. I find that if I can exercise at the witching hour I can avoid temptation most of the time.
                  You guys are all doing great! I love reading your posts, they give me energy.
                  Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

wednesday august 3 ( day 3 for me)

Good Morning all, 2 days of sticking to my goals under my belt yay! Day 3 today and off for a run in a mo then gym work at 10 followed by pilates at 11, swim, sauna and steam then back home to get a rather large pile of ironing done!

Everyone is upbeat, busy and in the zone so well done. Barb your quiet, everything ok Hun? Check in later girls, off to get sweaty x
                    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

HI PINKSTERS! Well 15 LOADS of Mulch done today and I am beat! My mulch pile still does not seem any smaller? I took a picture of it with my wheelbarrow and mulch fork to put on my AVATAR but my little dog refuses to remove. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I put my dog there without any drama but I think she is there to stay!

So dinner is poached chicken breast with green salad and a little dressing. And I know I might get into trouble of Keeps but a little piece of cheesecake for desert! YUM! At least there is no hangover with that!

I will check in later PINKSTERS. Hope everyone is working there hips, butts and thighs. If you were here you could all help me to mulch so my mulch pile can disappear it has been there for months and I am sure it keeps growing??

Comment

Good morning all you wonderful women. Walks you certainly aren't taking any prisoners!
                        Doing well

Comment

Winesucks, glad you got through yesterday unscathed. Well done on your 14 days!!!!
                          Well, I got my 50 lengths at the pool and 7 kms on exercise bike yesterday. Felt better than I have done in days. Exercise really does make such a difference. And as I am a night owl, I get to bed earlier if I exercise. My earliest is normally 2am.
                          Anyways hoping to do something similar today. Glad to see everyone in 'top form'!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning! I love this group, everyone is so pumped. That being said I know we'll have our bumps in the road.. let's commit to coming here when things fall apart, too, so we can pull each other back on track. ( I'm probably talking to myself more than anyone ... I tend to do thing 100% and the quit 100% when I screw up).

Okay, so exercise is done. Tips, you asked if I got up at 5 am every day. No ... I get up at 4:00 if you can believe that! My husband is retired and took a part time job that starts at 5 am, so he's out the door at 4:30 and that's when I get on the treadmill.

Day six for me AF... so happy to be able to say that! I hope you all have a great day today!
                            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                            -----------------------------------
                            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Hi Pinkesters -
                              everyone is doing so well here, its fab. Keeps - you are a wonderful motivator!:goodjob:
                              Im on day 6 too Irie, after doing 24 days AF last time (June/July)
                              Since getting back from holiday on Saturday I have been following Clean and Lean and am thrilled to say I have lost 4lbs already. Keeps - thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.:l:nutso:

I was going to go to the gym today, but that meant my poor dog being cooped up inside so phoned my sister and we went for a brisk 2 hour walk in the countryside with my pooch.
                              Am feeling great! Its fantastic to exercise outdoors and its just on my doorstep.
                              I haven't felt the need to listen to Ailsa Frank's CD since I've been home, but maybe this is a mistake. Will certainly be taking my IPOD to Spain for my holiday and making sure I listen to it every day. I haven't fallen asleep yet listening to it and sometimes I just mentally run through the CD without even listening to it. Thoroughly recommend it.
                              Also am not taking any supplements now as I don't have a sweet tooth.
                              Thought I may crave carbs on the Clean and Lean, but have just had the odd Oat cake.
                              So, so far, all is well. Feeling pretty proud of myself.
                              Well done to everyone and keep it up (we don't want to feel the wrath of Keeps!!)

Will report back tomorrow. Its taking me ages reading through everyone's brilliant successes. Women power - Pinkster Power!!!:yay::finger2::wave:

Comment

I have an opportunity to go way up North to Nunuvik, Canada, where our construction company just won a big construction job. We are leaving in two days. I will be gone for as many as two weeks. I honestly don't know whether I will have ongoing access to the internet although I am sure that i will occasionally. So if I can I will check in but if not, I will be here in spirit. I am bringing the MWO book , suppleements and the hypno tapes. I am also printing some of the more profound thread posts from this site to encourage me when I am iffy.

Carry on Pinksters !! All the best !! I should change my avatar to a Polar Bear. LOL...

Tips
                                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X